ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 - Is my documents enough to apply as jobseker ?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

JulianaV

EEA2 - Is my documents enough to apply as jobseker ?

Post by JulianaV » Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:09 pm

I read here and others places that's hard to be approved as jobseeker.

I'm goint to UK tomorrow with my hubby and our daughter. I'm a EEA citizen just like my daughter and my hubby is from USA.

We are IT professionals and all of had interview scheduled for the next week - And we have e-mail that's proof this.

I have to be the EEA1 jobseeking while he is the EEA2 that's depends of me.

So, the EEA2 form says...

- Evidence of your EEA national family member’s unemployment such as letters from their
last employer showing how long they were employed for and whether their unemployment was involuntary or voluntary.

> I was self employed my whole life, so I just have the document of my own company that's says I'm the owner and my company was a IT company.

- Evidence that they have registered as unemployed with Jobcentre Plus or a recruitment agency.

> Job Centre plus is not allowed to receive registration if you are a new expat or are less then 3 months unemployed becase register yourself as Unenmployed means request government funds. So, as replacement I will send the Government Gateway card and a form that I've plans to fill at www reed co uk

- Evidence of seeking work e.g. copies of application forms or letters of rejection or invite to interview from potential employers.

> I'm considering to send...
2 Scheduled Interviews that I've by e-mail
3 Scheduled interviews of my husband
Plenty of feedbacks that me and my hubby applied for several opportunities around.
I don't need a refusal e-mail yet, but it's supposed to be easy I think I can send my resume for a unlikeable position and be refused My husband can do the same.

- Evidence of vocational or academic qualifications.
> I don't have a degree in IT because i'ts not necessary. So, no plans to send anything.

Can someone help me with this ?

Jambo
Respected Guru

Re: EEA2 - Is my documents enough to apply as jobseker ?

Post by Jambo » Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:44 pm

I guess the question is why are you rushing to apply for RC? You don't really need it as EEA national and you have 3 months of unrestricted residence in the UK. Only then you are required to exercise treart rights. Hopefully by then you (or your husband) will find employment.

Have you husband got a EEA Family Permit? If not, he should get a Code 1A stamp at the border which will allow him to work in the UK and should satisfy employers. I suggest who put on his CV: allowed to work in the UK (spouse of EEA national). Try to avoid the word visa or expiry dates.
Check the FAQ before posting!
Citizenship (adults, children, passport)
EEA (EEA FP, RC, PR, Surinder Singh)

JulianaV

Post by JulianaV » Sat Mar 01, 2014 3:33 pm

Hi ! Thanks ! Well, I don't need a RC, but my husband

Maybe because I said EEA1..Anyway...we need the EEA2 to my husband.

We are already in UK with no EEA FP - Hy husband is using a regular tourist stamp.

And sounds like the Code 1a is no longer valid... check this https://www.gov.uk/legal-right-work-uk
and then check this: https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... -guide.pdf
If you see List A and List B, EEA FP and Stamp 1A is not valid - Remember: The rules where changed at 01/Jan 2014 and maybe (I don't know) before 1/jan/2014 , stamp 1A was a valid way to be elective to work.

We are really in trouble :(

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:43 pm

Why did he enter as a tourist? Did he state that he is a family member of EEA national? He should have entered as such.

Code 1A stamp still exist and is actually listed in the document you referred to on page 38.

I still don't understand what the rush to get the EEA2 for your husband. Is that to show to employers? He is not required to have one.

JulianaV

Post by JulianaV » Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:06 pm

Jambo wrote:Why did he enter as a tourist? Did he state that he is a family member of EEA national? He should have entered as such.

Code 1A stamp still exist and is actually listed in the document you referred to on page 38.

I still don't understand what the rush to get the EEA2 for your husband. Is that to show to employers? He is not required to have one.
Well, the guy took the passport of my husband and saw dozens of stamps (he travel a lot) including a recent one of Luton Airport and said "Oh ! Welcome back ! Have a nice day , sir !" But if necessary...I think I can get a train to Paris and back on the same day, right ? I can rip the page that's contais the Luton stamp for tourists. Is this a good idea ?

Btw...Thanks to point me the page #38 ! I can have a drop of hope now !

And now I'm wondering...This is not my scneario anymore, but I'ts good to have the information. When you arrive at UK with a EEA FP...What the stamps exactly says ?

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:33 pm

The proper way to enter was to hand the passport and say "I'm a spouse of EEA national and i wish to enter as a family member of EEA national". The Code 1A stamp is similar to a tourist visa just without the work restriction.

You don't need to travel all the way to Paris, you can take a ferry to Calais and come back (or a cheap low cost airline somewhere else and come back). Will probably work out cheaper.

Again, if the purpose is for employment, I suggest your husband starts the job search, it can take several months and if you find employment first, there is no need for those trips (just apply for RC and use the CoA to show to employers once required).

The EEA FP stamp is nothing special. It's just stamp to indicate when the entry occured. It's basically the top part of the tourist stamp (i.e. date, place of issue, some numbers). It's the EEA FP that gives the right to work.

JulianaV

Post by JulianaV » Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:37 am

Jambo wrote:
Again, if the purpose is for employment, I suggest your husband starts the job search, it can take several months and if you find employment first,
Well, in fact my husband had 2 proposals already. It's pretty easy to him to find a job (He is a IT Professional) - Different then me - I could really take months to find a job. That's why we are totally in nuts to solve this.

Btw..thanks for the hints about Calai ! Sounds very good !

JulianaV

Code 1A - 3 months ???

Post by JulianaV » Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:46 am

Today I get a ferry to Calais and back to UK and requested the code 1a to my husband. Ok, we got it. but...3 months ?

That's the surprise. I'm hungarian and my husband is Brazilian. I though that 3 months was made for national visa countries.

And I cannot find in Google any document about it. Anybody knows if it's was normal ?

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:30 am

The norm was six months, if satisfactory evidence was produced.

However,
babyonatour wrote:While NON-VISA nationals receive a 6 months code 1A stamp at the border, VISA NATIONALS receive a TWO MONTH, CODE 1 stamp at the border. Border Agency officials will refuse to place a SIX MONTH stamp in a VISA NATIONAL’S passport. The new guidance says that a TWO MONTH stamp is sufficient to allow entry of non-EEA, VISA NATIONAL in order to facilitate further application of this person for a residence card.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

JulianaV

Post by JulianaV » Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:04 am

vinny wrote:The norm was six months, if satisfactory evidence was produced.

However,
babyonatour wrote:While NON-VISA nationals receive a 6 months code 1A stamp at the border, VISA NATIONALS receive a TWO MONTH, CODE 1 stamp at the border. Border Agency officials will refuse to place a SIX MONTH stamp in a VISA NATIONAL’S passport. The new guidance says that a TWO MONTH stamp is sufficient to allow entry of non-EEA, VISA NATIONAL in order to facilitate further application of this person for a residence card.
It's does not make sense in any how to me.

Regarding satisfatory evidence
Our son was with us just to start...
Also..they required a plenty of documents like marital status...we gave.
I said to the officer: I've a external hard disk on my bag with 1 TB of photos from us of latest 10 years.
Impossible to not be satisfied..very impossible !

Also..they give 3 months..different of 2 and different of 6...and Brazilians is not visa-nationals. It does not make any sense for us. But I listen a conversation bw the officer and someone on the phone. He asked :

- Hy, Joseph ! Let me ask you...1a Stamp for Brazilian passport is how many months ?
- He is here with her hungarian wife and hungarian son
- Ok, thank you Joseph.

And put 3 months on the Brazilian passport :(

It's okay for us the 3 months, specially because my husband started to work on the next day and if I can't find a job, his salary is enough for us, so he can transfer to my account the half and I could proof my self-sufficient condition. But I don't like the ideas to be so lucky...I prefer to have my rights respected instead.