ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR and Possible Gap

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

shoji147

ILR and Possible Gap

Post by shoji147 » Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:18 pm

hi guys

I have sent for my ilr long residence i just have a question

back in 2008 i applied for my extension as a student and sent an in time application with a week remaining on my visa.

i was moving homes and i provided the new address as well for correspondence to home office. paid by card for fees and the fee got deducted in the next three days but i recieve no acknowledgement . i wasnt worries ad i saw the fee taken off so i knew they got it. Anyway after 3 weeks I chased it up n they said the form was incomplete or not the right form and they sent it back to my old address and no one recieved it so after sitting with royal mail for a week it was sent back to them and they have it . the guy on the fone said he will send it to my correct address now n use the same fees from the original application aswell.

my question is that is it classed as my fault even though i supplied them with the address bht they done a mistake and would they count it as unlawful residence??

thanks for the help guys.
Sujji

shoji147

Re: ILR and Possible Gap

Post by shoji147 » Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:24 pm

Any help guys please

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Re: ILR and Possible Gap

Post by Zee ali » Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:19 pm

hi

Request your SAR.

Nobody can tell u exactly what HO has in their system.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided