ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 to ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:24 pm

For FLR(M) the applicant must meet an A1 requirement unless exempt.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

imk049

Post by imk049 » Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:19 pm

Thanks a lot Amber.

I have another query regarding last 12 months salary slips. Considering my same day appointment on 3rd March 2014.

Can I show the salary slips from the dates "February 2013 to January 2014" instead of "March 2013 to February 2014", so to skip the salary slip for February 2014 as I won't get that in my bank statement any sooner before 10th March 2014.

Thanks again to all

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Wed Dec 25, 2013 7:50 am

If she has transitional protection, there is only adequate maintenance/accommodation required, 3 months wage slips and corresponding bank statements.
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

imk049

Re: Tier 1 to ILR

Post by imk049 » Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:04 pm

Hi,

My ILR application was successful last week. Thanks to all for your support.

I am going to apply for my wife and Daughter on FLR (m) and my wife has scored the required band already in IELTS. Does my wife also need to pass Life in UK test for FLR (m) or is it only required before we apply for ILR?

Waiting for reply

Thanks

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:48 am

You could consider extending her leave as a PBS dep and then varying it to SET(O). Could be cheaper unless a decision was made before.

For FLR(M) LIUK is not required but would be for SET(O) or SET(M). Where was your child born? Why was your child not included on your SET(O)?

diwakar
Newly Registered

Post by diwakar » Sun Mar 02, 2014 2:46 pm

Hi Amber,

I would like some suggestions regarding my case.

I am on Tier (General). First entry clearance was stamped in 27 April, 2009 but I entered UK on 9 July, 2009 (after 75 days). My current visa expires on 24 May, 2014. Taking 90 days concession into consideration, will I qualify to apply for ILR on 1 April, 2014 (28 days before 5th anniversary of my first entry clearance)?

OR is it 28 days before my current leave expires?

Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Diwakar

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:35 pm

1 April, 2014.

imk049

Post by imk049 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:50 pm

Hi Amber

My child was born outside UK and before I got Tier 1 General visa. My wife and child came to UK after getting PBS dependent and they have not yet finished 2 years (1 year and 8 months so far)......I did talk to case worker at PEO and she suggested to go for FLR (m) as a cheaper solution for my dependents which I couldn't agree less.

I am in the middle of filling FLR (m) form. What I don't understand is, do I need to apply one form for both my wife and daughter by selecting "Main application and 1 dependent" option from the payment page or shall I fill 2 forms separately one form for my wife and one for my daughter. Can you please help? Which fee apply to me? Is it £1011?

Many thanks

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:14 am

Your child could have settled with you on SET(O). Yes, FLR(M) would be main + 1 dep, by post it's £1011. A1 English required.

I would still consider extending as PBS deps and varying to SET(O) if application not decided.

imk049

Post by imk049 » Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:13 am

Thanks Amber

I was clearly told by a solicitor and even on this forum that i couldn't apply for my dependent's SET (O) before they have completed 2 years in UK. How could I have my Daughter applied for SET(O) with me then? She has only completed 1 year and 8 months and so do my wife.

I don't understand why you insists on PBS dependent extension when it clearly gonna cost me around 2 grands for my wife and daughter and FLR (m) is only £1011 for 2 dependents. Please elaborate, am I missing something here?

Thanks

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:56 pm

319J (click) would have allowed your child to apply with you.

Regarding PBS dep extension, read carefully what I said re; varying.

imk049

Post by imk049 » Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:14 pm

hi,

Back again.....Flr(m) nearly ready for my wife and daughter.......bit confused about section 7A of the form. Need to know if it applies to me or not.

Here is the reminder:
-My wife and daughter on tier 1 dependent at the moment which gonna expire on 30th March 2014
-They both travelled to UK on 1st July 2012
-switching from tier 1 dependent to flr(m)
-I got ILR in Feb, 2014

Can I leave section 7A completely blank and jump straight to 7B. Amber, can you please guide or anybody else available.

Many thanks

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:56 am

As your spouse was granted leave under Part 8 before July 2012 (confirm), she would be under the old rules, section 7B - maintenance of FLR(M). A1 English required. Bare in mind the rules change in April (click) thus, you should apply ASAP.

Tier1immigrant

Post by Tier1immigrant » Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:04 am

Hi guys

Can you please help re a couple of quick ILR questions
2 questions please re ILR following Tier 1 (General) 5 years:

1. Seems like the Payslips guidance (below) on the UKBA website has changed and have become more ambiguous. They do not refer to Online payslips anymore.
I got online payslips printed on A4 and stamped + signed by my employer and also have Employer name on them. Will they meet the below requirements or I should bother my ex employer again for a letter?

2. Is it true that I do not need to prove I am economically active at the time of the application? I have only worked for 1st 6 months of the year and have payslips for those.

What the payslips must showThese should be original formal payslips showing your employer's name. Other payslips must be accompanied by a letter from your employer, on their company headed paper, which confirms the earnings.

If you send payslips, they must cover the whole period claimed (for example, if payslips are produced monthly, you must provide the payslip for each month of the period claimed).

https://contact-ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/ ... /Payslips/