ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

entrepreneur dependent

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

killer
Newly Registered

entrepreneur dependent

Post by killer » Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:14 pm

hai dir,
currently leaving in London holding entrepreneur visa (general)
i recently got married in London to an Indian girl holding student visa ...due to expire in jan 2015
is it possible for her to switch over to dependent visa inside the country itself or she has to leave the country to gain the entry clearance .....
i been to lot of people but their is not clear information...
is their any one who can shed some light on this topic plz
thanking you

cpmlkhan
Member of Standing

Re: entrepreneur dependent

Post by cpmlkhan » Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:33 pm

killer wrote:hai dir,
currently leaving in London holding entrepreneur visa (general)
i recently got married in London to an Indian girl holding student visa ...due to expire in jan 2015
is it possible for her to switch over to dependent visa inside the country itself or she has to leave the country to gain the entry clearance .....
i been to lot of people but their is not clear information...
is their any one who can shed some light on this topic plz
thanking you

WELL, My experience says that you can try to switch her visa inside the UK 1st. We have seen in some cases been awarded leave to remain but more chances are to get discretionary leave if you apply inside the UK. In this case if you want her your dependent needs to apply outside the UK.

Hope it will clear to you