ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I work full time on tier 4 visa, after my exams

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Bhaveshk
Newly Registered

Can I work full time on tier 4 visa, after my exams

Post by Bhaveshk » Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:22 pm

Hi, I am on a tier 4 student visa and am eligible to work 20 hrs during term time and full time during term breaks. My query is when is the term break considered? I have my last exam on 5th March and then college reopens on 17th April. However, the official term break starts from 17th March. Can I work full time in March after my exam or can work full time only after 17th March even though I am holidaying since 5th March ?

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Can I work full time on tier 4 visa, after my exams

Post by Greenie » Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:48 pm

Are you undergraduate or postgraduate?when does your course finish?

Bhaveshk
Newly Registered

Post by Bhaveshk » Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:28 pm

Hi, I am doing MBA and course finishes jan'15. I am currently at the end of semester 1.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:47 am

Standard university vacations don't usually apply to postgraduate students as you are expected to be studying for the full duration of your course I.e. you would usually have assignments/a projects to prepare for or other exams or failing that reading to do. I would suggest you speak to your university and ask them to confirm if and when you are considered to be on vacation.

dunebuggy
Newly Registered

Post by dunebuggy » Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:33 am

yeah, check with your university.
Some employers will ask for a letter confirming that you are eligibility to work full/part time. Inspite of whatever is stated on your passport. If the uni issues you such a letter, thats good enough.