ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Letter of absence while contracting thru own Limited company

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

chiku1980

Letter of absence while contracting thru own Limited company

Post by chiku1980 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:21 pm

Hi,
I am currently contracting through my own limited company. I was on vacation to India and France while working though my limited company.

In such a case, I wanted to check who can be in a position to provide a letter of absence? Would a letter from me - as a director of the company suffice?

This is because my accountant states that since they are just accountants and not my employers they cannot provide me with a letter of absence. At the most they can provide a letter stating that I am employed by my company and was on payroll from date X to date Y.

Would that letter from the accountant as a bonafide letter along with a letter from me suffice the requirement for the letter of absence?

I am sure there are many people who must have been in this situation. Any pointers on this shall help.

dk2011

Re: Letter of absence while contracting thru own Limited com

Post by dk2011 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:19 pm

If your abscences are <=180 days in each of the qualifying year you don't need any letter. If you still want to write one , You can write a personal letter detailing it was paid leave and that will be suffice.

wiltshire

Post by wiltshire » Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:57 pm

dk2011 wrote:If your abscences are <=180 days in each of the qualifying year you don't need any letter. If you still want to write one , You can write a personal letter detailing it was paid leave and that will be suffice.
Hi dk2011, the wording of the SET O form seems to want those letters even if your absences are under 180 days in each year:
Evidence of all work-related absences (including paid annual leave) is required from those applying under Tier 1 (General);Tier 2 (Intra-Company Transfer);Tier 2 (General); Tier 2 (Minister of religion); Tier 2 (Sportsperson); Tier 5 International Agreement, and permitted employment categories - except Highly Skilled Migrants.
Is there some additional guidance somewhere that explicitly states the letters aren't required for sub 180 days?

dk2011

Post by dk2011 » Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:22 pm

Correct . It is required in SET(O) forms . This observation is based on forum member experience . Till now i haven't come across any case where CW insisted on the letter. Anyway , for the people who can easily get it should have it.