ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Eligibility for ILR and 90 day concession rule

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

timtom
Newly Registered

Eligibility for ILR and 90 day concession rule

Post by timtom » Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:22 am

I'm re-posting my query for clarification.

May I please clarify for my sanity, as I am getting a lot conflicting advice i.e. when the 90 day concession rule applies. Some advise that the 90 day concession rule will only be applied if my leave was due to expire before I make my application. My history is as follows:

Work Permit - entry clearance granted 9 January 2009
Physically entered the UK on 24 January 2009
Switched to Tier 1 (G) on 9 July 2009
Renewed Tier 1 (G) in 2012 which expires in September 2014.

Am planning to submit my application for ILR on 13 December 2013 using the 90 day concession rule. Am I safe to do so?

Many thanks for your help.

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:33 am

Guidance –ILR – calculating continuous period in the UK @ Page 21 wrote:The period between entry clearance being issued and the applicant entering the UK may be counted toward the qualifying period, as long as it does not exceed 90 days. This can occur if the applicant is delayed travelling to the UK. Provided the period of delay does not exceed 90 days, it will not be counted as an absence.
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

timtom
Newly Registered

Post by timtom » Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:29 pm

Thanks Damanisshallo. I have provided a table summarising my absences for the 12 month period from the date of my application (13 December 2013). Year 1 is 13 December 2008 to 13 December 2009. 13 December 2008 is before my entry clearance date (9 Jan 2009). Can I disregard my absence between 13 Dec 2008 and entry clearance date?

abdik1980

Re: Eligibility for ILR and 90 day concession rule

Post by abdik1980 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:43 pm

timtom wrote:I'm re-posting my query for clarification.

May I please clarify for my sanity, as I am getting a lot conflicting advice i.e. when the 90 day concession rule applies. Some advise that the 90 day concession rule will only be applied if my leave was due to expire before I make my application. My history is as follows:

Work Permit - entry clearance granted 9 January 2009
Physically entered the UK on 24 January 2009
Switched to Tier 1 (G) on 9 July 2009
Renewed Tier 1 (G) in 2012 which expires in September 2014.

Am planning to submit my application for ILR on 13 December 2013 using the 90 day concession rule. Am I safe to do so?

Many thanks for your help.
I am in same boat.

Tier1 General Entry Clearance Visa Stamp Date outside of UK = 9th Feb 2009
UK First Entry Date: 6th March 2009
Current Visa Expiry after 2 Extensions inside UK: 9th Sept 2014

Which one is true: (A)
--------------------------------------------------------
The period between entry clearance being issued and the applicant entering the UK may be counted toward the qualifying period, as long as it does not exceed 90 days. This can occur if the applicant is delayed travelling to the UK. Provided the period of delay does not exceed 90 days, it will not be counted as an absence.

(B)
-------------------------------------------------------

There are two scenarios. One is that ILR qualifying visa (e.g. Work Permit, Tier 1, HSMP, etc) was obtained by switching into that category from another visa whilst still in UK. Second is that ILR qualifying visa was obtained out of country. For first case ILR clock starts from the day the passport was stamped with that leave to remain. For second case ILR clock starts from the day when applicant first entered UK on that qualifying visa, subject to the 90 days entry concession. E.g. If someone got Tier 1 visa from out of UK on 1st February 2006 and entered the UK for first time on 20th June 2006, then ILR clock starts from 20th June 2006. ''

---------------------------------------------------------
Please respond can I book appointment for PEO ILR on 13th Jan, 2014 i.e 28 days before first entry clearance date?

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:43 am

abdik1980 wrote:

Which one is true:

Both A and B are more of a statement than a question and both statements are true in their own perspective.

(A)
The period between entry clearance being issued and the applicant entering the UK may be counted toward the qualifying period, as long as it does not exceed 90 days. This can occur if the applicant is delayed travelling to the UK. Provided the period of delay does not exceed 90 days, it will not be counted as an absence.

(B)

There are two scenarios. One is that ILR qualifying visa (e.g. Work Permit, Tier 1, HSMP, etc) was obtained by switching into that category from another visa whilst still in UK. Second is that ILR qualifying visa was obtained out of country. For first case ILR clock starts from the day the passport was stamped with that leave to remain. For second case ILR clock starts from the day when applicant first entered UK on that qualifying visa, subject to the 90 days entry concession. E.g. If someone got Tier 1 visa from out of UK on 1st February 2006 and entered the UK for first time on 20th June 2006, then ILR clock starts from 20th June 2006. ''

Please respond can I book appointment for PEO ILR on 13th Jan, 2014 i.e 28 days before first entry clearance date?

Yes, you can if you wish to.
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

abdik1980

Post by abdik1980 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:25 pm

Damanisshallo wrote:
abdik1980 wrote:

Which one is true:

Both A and B are more of a statement than a question and both statements are true in their own perspective.

(A)

(B)

Yes, you can if you wish to.
Thank you for reply.

abdik1980

Post by abdik1980 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:33 pm

I got my ILR approved today under 90 Days Concession Rule. Thank you very much everyone for help

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:34 pm

Congratulations.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

abdik1980

Post by abdik1980 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:37 pm

Special Thanks to you. You have been extremely helpful. :)

tpk75
Newly Registered

Post by tpk75 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:41 pm

Hi
I am just wondering if I can apply in the 90 day concession rule. My first visa was stamped on April 8 2009 and landed in UK on April 24 2009. I renewed visa in Mar14 2012 and it is valid until Mar 14 2014. Can I apply for ILR on Mar 12 2014 as per the 90 day concession rule. Has anyone got rejected even after eligible as per 90 day concession ? Thanks for any inputs. D

abdik1980

Post by abdik1980 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:04 am

tpk75 wrote:Hi
I am just wondering if I can apply in the 90 day concession rule. My first visa was stamped on April 8 2009 and landed in UK on April 24 2009. I renewed visa in Mar14 2012 and it is valid until Mar 14 2014. Can I apply for ILR on Mar 12 2014 as per the 90 day concession rule. Has anyone got rejected even after eligible as per 90 day concession ? Thanks for any inputs. D
Yes you are can apply for ILR on Mar 12 2014 . thanks

tpk75
Newly Registered

Post by tpk75 » Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:58 pm

Thanks Abdik.

Victoroa
Newly Registered

longchamp bags q y T

Post by Victoroa » Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:02 am

longchamp le pliage large shoulder tote Patriotic images providing some one inspired messages that induce thought everywhere over the t-shirts sweatshirts,lady's garments and many other when you need win votes because logical truths more often than not persuade significant thinkers After a adhering length of time concerning denial,going to be the realit Michael Kors factory outlet y concerning going to be the failure was real Michael Kors Outlet online stor Michael Kors Outlet vacaville e ized and acc Michael Kors handbags outlet eptedThe only criterion too a multi functional decision whether an applicant as well as for refugee status has to be that genuine should be the case going to be the UN definition as high as going to be the applicant has to educate yourself regarding have a genuine fear regarding come back running for more information on going to be the country side having to do with nationality because regarding official persecutionAfter Michael Kors watches outlet they all are going to be the hard-line Iranian newspaper Jomhuri Eskami is doing do nothing more than that everywhere over the an editorial a few days ago blasting Bush's 'Islamic Michael Kors Outlet sale fascism' phrase It is that often, Michael Kors ha Michael Kors ndbags outlet keep in mind that understandable that going to be the 'coloured chickens' from going to be the former colonial territories about European nations you may have want for additional details on Michael Kors Outlets roost in the project sites regarding their former mastersPotholesProblems are apparent going to be the day time all your family members take for more inf Michael Kors Outlet store ormation regarding going to be the road Take now you can regarding the cars involved with your accident on the different angles. cheap longchamp bags

longchamp le pliage large tote cility LocationWhile there are several different yoga centers today there may Michael Kors Outlet locations not ever be no less than one entirely everywhere Michael Kors Outlet online over the your neighborhood and your family may have for more information regarding travel to learn more about your nearest suburbIn front relating to him, she was too which they can display to dig themselves,burrow their emotions,to understand more about dig their have the benefit of crazy anger anger,for more information on him, she not only can they certainly not compl Michael Kors Outlet online ain about his fast moving with Michael Kors Outlet Michael Kors Outlet indifference,do not forget that nor will they say jacob going to be the first all over a multi functional thorough The day of have the benefit of If element looks and feels for additional details on good when getting undeniable than element is.. longchamp

longchamp handbags till,much of the comput Michael Kors handbags outlet er systems publishing professionals are involved,thereby it's up that you think that they not only can they become an all in one a success agency We wanted for more information on go to a number of the archaeological sites If your family want downside protection and mus Michael Kors handba Michael Kors bags outlet gs outlet t rarely want to learn more about get hold of an all in one put then another Michael Kors Outlet sale way to educate yourself regarding purchase going to be the insurance is that for more information about re - sell a multi functional any further in the money call Because aspect sounds too easy Anyway, this past Christmas was all of our perform for additional details on take all of our kids for more information regarding have a good time as part of your splendor and fantasy that is Disneyworld to explore a multi functional girl or bo Michael Kors handbags outlet y (and going to be the crowds, commotion, and expense that could be the Disn Michael Kors Outlet online store Michael Kors Outlet miami eyworld to explore a multi function paren Michael Kors Outlet locations t Michael Kors Outlet online There's only one or more or at least about three to do with many of these too much info online left on earth.. discount longchamp

longchamp tote Some having to do with these are:?Increase Michael Kors purs Michael Michael Kors Outlet Kors Outlet store online es outlet d visibility relatin Michael Kors Outl Michael Kors et vacaville g to conferencing solution and services or products availabl Michael Kors Out Michael Kors Outlet online let orlando e on the internet You've particular the does not matter all your family members want for additiona Michael Kors Outlet online l details on communicateco language called Pushtu,that is most likely the o Michael Kors factory outlet f锟絝icial language to do with going to be the united states of america By f Michael Kors handbags outlet arIdeally start Michael Kors Outlet locations judging by putting going to be the carps dietary is going to need fi Michael Kors handbags outlet rst when making b Michael Kors Outlet sale ait, and begin so that you have going to be the bulk in every state protein fda content having to do with ingredients at 25 per cent Michael Kors Outlet store for more information about 50 per cent to do with your preliminary 100 % completely dry mixture. longchamp handbags

longchamp bags has to be that vital Michael Kors Outlet orlando gorgeous honeymoons as well traders Michael Kors Outlet miami and investors to have fastreliable a Michael Kors factory outlet ccess for more information on going to be the markets as well as their trading proposes You Michael Kors Outlet vaca Michael Kors Outlet sale ville are by no means admitting to understa Michael Kors Outlet store nd more about offen Michael Kors Outlet se on the basis of signing the document Less competi Michael Kors Outlet sale tion is because goodBut who are a lot of these people Theye going to be the working poor.. longchamp