ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How to get my husband into Australia on a visitors visa?

Australia: Points Calculator | Skilled Immigration
New Zealand: Points Calculator | work visas

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Becky33
Newly Registered

How to get my husband into Australia on a visitors visa?

Post by Becky33 » Thu Mar 29, 2007 5:20 am

My husband is Nigerian by birth and is currently living in Cambodia. I met my husband last year online and got married last July in Cambodia. He is trying to apply for a visitors visa, but has lost some of his documents in order to apply. Does anyone have any suggestions on what to do next? Am in a crucial situation in which my husband has to be here sooner than later.

mktsoi
Member of Standing

Re: How to get my husband into Australia on a visitors visa?

Post by mktsoi » Thu Jul 12, 2007 3:48 pm

Becky33 wrote:My husband is Nigerian by birth and is currently living in Cambodia. I met my husband last year online and got married last July in Cambodia. He is trying to apply for a visitors visa, but has lost some of his documents in order to apply. Does anyone have any suggestions on what to do next? Am in a crucial situation in which my husband has to be here sooner than later.
hi becky33

if you dont mind i ask, what is your nationality? your location showing that you are in sydney australia. you married to your husband, all the visitor info you need to know is listed in www.immi.gov.au.

so good luck

Vicki
Newly Registered

Post by Vicki » Sun Jul 15, 2007 3:00 am

Hi Becky,

You are in a potentially tricky situation. I have assisted many people who have met over the net and also had many clients from African background who, for one reason or another, have lost some documents. I'd be delighted to give you a hand if you would like to send me a message at my website.

Essentially, to apply for a spouse visa, you need to show genuine-ness of relationship. Any documentation which shows that you are in a continuing relationship (phone bills, letters, cards, emails etc) is important. Length of relationship and past relationship record will also be taken into consideration.

Be careful if you are thinking of a visitor visa for your husband; I recommend you take professional advice before lodging a visitor visa applciation.

Hope this helps,

Kind regards,

Vicki

Dawie
Diamond Member

Post by Dawie » Thu Jul 19, 2007 5:20 pm

Becky33 wrote:My husband is Nigerian by birth and is currently living in Cambodia. I met my husband last year online and got married last July in Cambodia. He is trying to apply for a visitors visa, but has lost some of his documents in order to apply. Does anyone have any suggestions on what to do next? Am in a crucial situation in which my husband has to be here sooner than later.
You will need to explain what documents he has lost.
In a few years time we'll look back on immigration control like we look back on American prohibition in the thirties - futile and counter-productive.

sakura
Diamond Member

Post by sakura » Fri Jul 20, 2007 7:04 pm

Err, you will need to explain why he's in Cambodia! :lol: Kidding...

What is your nationality? And, certainly, what has he lost? If it's things like birth certificate - any chance of getting a replacement? And if you are married, why apply for a visitor's visa? I am assuming Australia does have a 'no switching' rule like the UK?