ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Visa Wishing to Apply for Spouse Visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

poiuy
Newly Registered

Tier 2 Visa Wishing to Apply for Spouse Visa

Post by poiuy » Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:16 am

Hi all and thanks in advance for reading this post,

I am a Taiwanese national. I am currently working in London holding a Tier 2 (Employer Sponsored) Visa valid until 2015. At the moment I earn £26,000 per year at the moment.

My husband is a British national. He is a contractor; as a one man limited company he is currently being employed on a long term basis by another cooperation.

Last year, we got married in a ceremony in one of the Home office approved Registry office (I followed the advice on the government website: for marriage between a foreign national and a British Citizen we must get married in certain registry office and so happen we lived in the borough of one so was quite a straightforward process).

We been living together in a rental property for the past year and half. (Lived together for an year and then married for 6 months)

We are looking in to applying for a Spouse visa where my husband is the sponsor for me as the dependent.

I had started filling the application form FLR(M), as I think this is the correct form for me to complete in order to switch into the Spouse Visa category.

I am not sure what sort of documentation I need to provide to prove we satisfy the Finance requirement.

1. My company pay on a Bi-weekly basis, and all payslip is electronic. So what sort of documents I should ask my company to provide for me?

2. Because my earning alone already satisfy the Home office requirement of income at above £18,600. Does my husband still need to provide his proof of income?

3. We already opened a joint account in a local bank and started saving money together. While it is only a few thousand pounds but do we need to declare this to the Home office as well?

4. In the list of documents at the end of the form"Correspondence to you and your partner". What sort of documents is home office looking for?

5. I do not know if the Home Office want to see our Tenancy agreement but the landlord is oversea and everything was done through an estate agent electronically. Frankly I think Home office will laugh and refuse the application if they see the electronic print out of the so called rental contract. I presume i need to prove to Home office we live together and if so what can I persuade the estate agent to do to make this rental contract more legit?

Many thanks in advance for everyone taking their time reading/respond to my question.
Last edited by poiuy on Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:26 am, edited 2 times in total.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Tier 2 Visa Wishing to Apply for Spouse Visa

Post by Wanderer » Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:23 am

£260k!!!???
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

poiuy
Newly Registered

Post by poiuy » Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:27 am

Wanderer wrote:£260k!!!???
SOOoo Sorry a massive typo. I wish I earned that much but then I probably would not be so bothered with the Visa and will be jetting the world on holidays....... :roll:

MPH80
Respected Guru

Post by MPH80 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:21 pm

1. All of the documentation specified in Appendix FM-SE
2. No
3. No
4. Anything official ... government letters ... doctors ... utility bills ... council tax ... bank statements
5. You do yes - and you'll need to show your rental agreement. Rental agreements come in many forms and can be as short as 1 or 2 pages in some cases though.

poiuy
Newly Registered

Post by poiuy » Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:14 am

MPH80 wrote:1. All of the documentation specified in Appendix FM-SE
2. No
3. No
4. Anything official ... government letters ... doctors ... utility bills ... council tax ... bank statements
5. You do yes - and you'll need to show your rental agreement. Rental agreements come in many forms and can be as short as 1 or 2 pages in some cases though.

Hi, thanks for your answer.

Regarding to
2. Because my earning alone already satisfy the Home office requirement of income at above £18,600. Does my husband still need to provide his proof of income?
Ans: No

I was wondering if UKBA would favor seeing the Sponsor's financial proof over a foreigner's. Therefore was wondering if my husband's proof of income rather then mine. Would you be able to shed some light on this matter for me? many thanks

4.In the list of documents at the end of the form"Correspondence to you and your partner". What sort of documents is home office looking for?
Ans: Anything official ... government letters ... doctors ... utility bills ... council tax ... bank statements

How long does these need to go back to? Because we just got married and since we are renting out. So my husband still send his bank statement to his parent's house! And the bills.. they either come in my name or husband's name. It is rare our names are joint together on a bill. Council tax is probably the only bill our name are jointly shown on the letter...

Many thanks for your answer, they are very helpful.