ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

life in the uk test - swapped first and last name

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

gvmnt
Newly Registered

life in the uk test - swapped first and last name

Post by gvmnt » Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:12 am

on the certificate swapped first and last name. they still allowed for the test to be taken but said that it's to the discretion of the person reviewing the application.

any input on this? does it effectively mean that the test would have to be retaken?

dk2011

Re: life in the uk test - swapped first and last name

Post by dk2011 » Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:16 am

Did the test centre send a note to HO in this regard alongwith your result ? If yes , then you will be fine .

UKBA HUNTER
BANNED

Post by UKBA HUNTER » Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:59 am

Despite having no experience exactly in same situation but based on common sense the date of birth showing on it must make this little mistake much easier to understand.
"Words build bridges into unexplored regions" Adolf Hitler

Universal soldier
BANNED

Post by Universal soldier » Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:21 am

If applicant change his home after passing life in uk test and in future will make application then is there any need to tell ukba/test center about changing address.

Exquisit33

Post by Exquisit33 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:57 pm

We too had the same problem, they said at time of booking the test centre makes a note and Sends to HO informing them of the error as it was made when I booked a test. I also went back to the centre and asked them for a letter to confirm it was hubby who took test and that it was a genuine error.. As I didn't want to risk it as when I rang HO they said it was up to the discretion of the caseworker..
Allah is the greatest!