ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

SSWSZ
Member of Standing

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by SSWSZ » Sat Mar 01, 2014 4:02 pm

I am not wrong .i myself applied 2 months after my hubby got ILR and it's 25 days before my dependent visa is getting expired.due to some misunderstanding with case worker she said you have enough time and you should go back home and apply on another form but then I show her mail and everything so they issue me two visa first flr(m) and then set(m) same day in Croydon office .so my visa will remain valid till it's date regardless of what is the status of main applicant .and for your piece of mind before sending my huby ILR we call home office and they said it's better to apply for main applicant as you have more then six month visa for your dependents and you can apply for them later before their visa will expire

And For flr(m) she need English level a1 not life in uk .but for set(m) she need both English level b1 and life in uk so it's better she will pass English level b1 which she can use with both forms.also if she is your dependent before July 2012 she can apply for set(m) after getting flr(m) .you can read my story here .i am answering only those questions which I am 100 % sure about .

Freeman78 wrote:Incorrect Info. !!!!! She needs to apply FlRM within 28 days after the approval of the main applicant.
SSWSZ wrote:Her visa remain valid till the date of expiry .you have to apply for flr(m) in June for your wife

ctrl_d wrote:Many thanks to people on this forum and everyone here. I've been a silent reader for a while now, especially on this thread.

I do have a quick question, I'd be grateful to anyone with experience who can guide me here.

I was on Tier 1 (General) and my wife was also on Tier 1 (General, Partner) visa. I applied to ILR under the 10 year rule which was recently granted. (Currently awaiting my biometric document).

What is the status of my Wife now? Both our Tier 1 visas were suppose to expire in June 2014. Does my recently granted ILR now invalidate her visa? Or does she have until the expiry date on her biometric document to change her status to ‘partner of someone settled in the UK’ status?

Kind regards and thanks in advance,

ctrl_d
ss

KashRIz

Post by KashRIz » Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:50 pm

I think you are right as It doesn't make sense having 28 days after ILR approval.....

SSWSZ what documents you provided to get FLR(m) and then SET(m) as my Mrs is in similar situation as u were.

[quote="SSWSZ"]I am not wrong .i myself applied 2 months after my hubby got ILR and it's 25 days before my dependent visa is getting expired.due to some misunderstanding with case worker she said you have enough time and you should go back home and apply on another form but then I show her mail and everything so they issue me two visa first flr(m) and then set(m) same day in Croydon office .so my visa will remain valid till it's date regardless of what is the status of main applicant .and for your piece of mind before sending my huby ILR we call home office and they said it's better to apply for main applicant as you have more then six month visa for your dependents and you can apply for them later before their visa will expire
And For flr(m) she need English level a1 not life in uk .but for set(m) she need both English level b1 and life in uk so it's better she will pass English level b1 which she can use with both forms.also if she is your dependent before July 2012 she can apply for set(m) after getting flr(m) .you can read my story here .i am answering only those questions which I am 100 % sure about .[quote="Freeman78"]Incorrect Info. !!!!! She needs to apply FlRM within 28 days after the approval of the main applicant. [quote="SSWSZ"]Her visa remain valid till the date of expiry .you have to apply for flr(m) in June for your wife
[quote="ctrl_d"]Many thanks to people on this forum and everyone here. I've been a silent reader for a while now, especially on this
Freedom is every thing.....simply loving it.

KashRIz

Post by KashRIz » Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:07 pm

xincognito wrote:
KashRIz wrote:
tulib143 wrote:Hi folks .... Very happy today I have got my ilr approved. Waiting for brp. Will get on Monday. Just let everybody that I have sent my application 11/11/2013.Thank you for ur support and valuable advise.Allah will help everybody.
Tulib143

Congrats Mate, Very happy for you. Looks like HO is processing MID NOV applications right now. This is a good news for us JAN applicants. Very happy that you got your freedom.
It'd be really great if we get it before Easter ! :)
Well I am hoping againt the hope we may get it it end of March....Had a look at skydrive and realised that every one applied in DEC got BIO in JAN (Just wondering why)....

soccerlover
Newly Registered

Post by soccerlover » Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:38 pm

Hi all,

I've been a silent reader here and the forum has been very useful to me as reading the posts here and the cases other people share make me feel that I was not alone in facing the wait for the results of my application. I've just got my BRP from my solicitor and my timeline is as below:

Application sent: 28th Oct 2013
Acknowledgement letter: 31 Oct 2013
Biometrics invitation: 3rd Dec 2013
Biometrics done: 9th Dec 2013
Approval letter: 23rd Feb 2013 (it was Sunday! So caseworkers work on sundays too?)

I was a bit surprised that it only took around 4 months! I was on student visas, PSW and visitor visa before.

To those who are still waiting, be patient and try not to worry too much by diverting your attention to other things (e.g. work, study) :)

rmkirfan
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rmkirfan » Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:56 pm

SSWSZ wrote:I am not wrong .i myself applied 2 months after my hubby got ILR and it's 25 days before my dependent visa is getting expired.due to some misunderstanding with case worker she said you have enough time and you should go back home and apply on another form but then I show her mail and everything so they issue me two visa first flr(m) and then set(m) same day in Croydon office .so my visa will remain valid till it's date regardless of what is the status of main applicant .and for your piece of mind before sending my huby ILR we call home office and they said it's better to apply for main applicant as you have more then six month visa for your dependents and you can apply for them later before their visa will expire
Hi SSWSZ ,
You must be right.
I think there are conflicts regarding this, I have seen my friends also applied ILR dependents after 4-5 months due to their Visa was still valid and got their ILR at PEO. But recently there was HO letter in this board confirming as dependents should apply asap otherwise becomes invalid. :?

I have few questions please.

I Just applied LR and my wife is on Tier 1 Dependent valid till June 2016,She Joined me in 2010 Aug?
When I get approval, Do you think I can wait for a year and apply her FLR(M).
After my approval can we plan for travelling with different status, I will be on LR and wife still on Tier 1 dependent?

Did any one experienced one with LR and other with previous dependent status travelled out of the country?

Please Advice.

Thanks,
RMK

Freeman78

Post by Freeman78 » Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:01 pm

She won't be allowed back in!! She has got to switch within 28 days!!!

Hi SSWSZ ,
You must be right.
I think there are conflicts regarding this, I have seen my friends also applied ILR dependents after 4-5 months due to their Visa was still valid and got their ILR at PEO. But recently there was HO letter in this board confirming as dependents should apply asap otherwise becomes invalid. :?

I Just applied LR and my wife is on Tier 1 Dependent valid till June 2016,She Joined me in 2010 Aug?
After my approval can we plan for travelling with different status, I will be on LR and wife still on Tier 1 dependent?

Did any one experienced one with LR and other with previous dependent status travelled out of the country?

Please Advice.

Thanks,
RMK[/quote]

Hardikjshah83
inactive
India

Post by Hardikjshah83 » Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:49 pm

Also. I don't think dependant need life in uk while applying via flr(m). My wife's file in submitted in Jan and she has yet not cleared life in uk.

SSWSZ
Member of Standing

Post by SSWSZ » Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:46 am

I don't know which mail you are taking about .i got mail from homeoffice and it didn't say that my visa will be invalid it just says that pbs depent is not consider dependent of 10 year long residence dependent ( still other category dependents are consider ILR dependent) so for them to consider us dependent of now settled person we have to change visa category .i got mail from policy department it's very clear and I myself got both flr and set(m) just because of that mail and this case is exceptional for only long residence dependents .

rmkirfan wrote:
SSWSZ wrote:I am not wrong .i myself applied 2 months after my hubby got ILR and it's 25 days before my dependent visa is getting expired.due to some misunderstanding with case worker she said you have enough time and you should go back home and apply on another form but then I show her mail and everything so they issue me two visa first flr(m) and then set(m) same day in Croydon office .so my visa will remain valid till it's date regardless of what is the status of main applicant .and for your piece of mind before sending my huby ILR we call home office and they said it's better to apply for main applicant as you have more then six month visa for your dependents and you can apply for them later before their visa will expire
Hi SSWSZ ,
You must be right.

Please Advice.

Thanks,
RMK
ss

SSWSZ
Member of Standing

Post by SSWSZ » Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:54 am

I am attaching mail here which clearly says that for meeting dependent ILR requirement we have to change visa category .

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your email, I apologise for the delay in responding.

1. If a person has been granted ILR on the basis of 10 years long residence, their spouse can no longer be considered as a PBS dependant, and they must apply for an extension of stay as the partner of a settled person on application form FLR(M). A person here as a PBS dependant would not be able to meet the settlement requirements of the spouse rules if they were to apply directly, without first applying for limited leave to remain on form FLR(M).

2. As long as the spouse was granted leave to enter or remain as the dependant of a PBS migrant prior to 9 July 2012, then the spouse can be considered under the transitional Part 8 rules for further leave to remain as the spouse of a settled person under Paragraph 284. These Part 8 rules do not include the Financial Requirements (including earnings over £18,600) you have mentioned, however they do require an applicant to be adequately maintained and accommodated without recourse to public funds. Further information on this is available on our website at the following address: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

3. A spouse can combine any leave as a PBS dependant with leave as the partner of a settled person granted under Part 8, to meet the qualifying period under paragraph 287 of the Immigration Rules, which is 2 years. They will need to satisfy all the requirements of these rules, including the English language requirement. Further information on this is available on our website at the following address:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/polic ... ansitional provisions and http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... uage-life/.

4. A spouse meeting the above requirements can consequently apply for settlement at any point after they have competed 2 years in a combination of these 2 categories (PBS dependant and spouse of a settled person).

I trust this clarifies the situation.

Kind Regards,

Karen.

Karen Joynt | Family Migration Operational Policy | Immigration and Border Policy Directorate | Home Office

Sent: 14 December 2013 20:31
To: Settlement Ops Policy Mailbox; Public Enquiries (CD)
Subject: ILR QUERY

Dear Home Office,

Could you please help and advice me,

my spouse (the Main applicant) got ILR on the basis of ten years long residency and I had a Tier 1 dependent (PSW) status up till end of FEB, 2014 .I got tier 1 migrant dependent visa(as written on approval letter) on 27 feb 2012.Now
My questions are,

1- Do I need to show (18,600) income threshold for FLR (M) visa as I came very first time as student dependent in UK in SEP 2006 and then convert to tier 1 dependent on 27 feb 2012 ?

2- After switching to FLR (M), can I apply for ILR immediately as I already had spent two years as a dependent? And will the years spent on PBS dependent (Student and PSW) granted entry clearance on prior to July 2012 rules count towards the qualifying period?

3- Could you please mention the immigration rules to substantiate your reply?

Thanking you in advance.

This email was received from the INTERNET and scanned by the Government Secure Intranet anti-virus service supplied by Vodafone in partnership with Symantec. (CCTM Certificate Number 2009/09/0052.) In case of problems, please call your organisation's IT Helpdesk.
Communications via the GSi may be automatically logged, monitored and/or recorded for legal purposes.
This email and any files transmitted with it are private and intended
solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.
If you have received this email in error please return it to the address
it came from telling them it is not for you and then delete it from your system.
This email message has been swept for computer viruses.

The original of this email was scanned for viruses by the Government Secure Intranet virus scanning service supplied by Vodafone in partnership with Symantec. (CCTM Certificate Number 2009/09/0052.) On leaving the GSi this email was certified virus free.
Communications via the GSi may be automatically logged, monitored and/or recorded for legal purposes.
ss

xincognito
Newly Registered

Post by xincognito » Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:33 am

KashRIz wrote:
xincognito wrote:
KashRIz wrote:

Congrats Mate, Very happy for you. Looks like HO is processing MID NOV applications right now. This is a good news for us JAN applicants. Very happy that you got your freedom.
It'd be really great if we get it before Easter ! :)
Well I am hoping againt the hope we may get it it end of March....Had a look at skydrive and realised that every one applied in DEC got BIO in JAN (Just wondering why)....
Also, why so few applications in Dec? Does anyone know the actual data for Oct-Dec 2013, how many total application home office has received and processed in that quarter?

Hardikjshah83
inactive
India

Post by Hardikjshah83 » Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:42 am

xincognito wrote: Also, why so few applications in Dec? Does anyone know the actual data for Oct-Dec 2013, how many total application home office has received and processed in that quarter?

HO has not released this data. However my FOI pending since late January for the same.

keepwaitingg
Newly Registered

Post by keepwaitingg » Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:14 pm

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... 030773.pdf

I have been waiting more than 5 months now..

App sent:20 sep 2013

Ack Let: 25 Sep 2013

Bio done: 20 Oct 2013

Still waiting guys..

esmsi

Post by esmsi » Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:22 pm

Have you call H.O. ?
keepwaitingg wrote:https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... 030773.pdf

Still waiting guys..

keepwaitingg
Newly Registered

Post by keepwaitingg » Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:30 pm

esmsi wrote:Have you call H.O. ?

Still waiting guys..

Yes Esmsi, I called on wednesday , officer said that it is progressing, still waiting.. It is really very hard after 4 months..

keepwaitingg
Newly Registered

Post by keepwaitingg » Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:46 pm

keepwaitingg wrote:
esmsi wrote:Have you call H.O. ?

Still waiting guys..

Yes Esmsi, I called on wednesday , officer said that it is progressing, still waiting.. It is really very hard after 4 months..
Home Office 26 february 2014
Status of Postal Applications between 19th September 2013 - 26th September 2013
outcome Rounded Number of Cases
Granted
Refused
Rejected
Other
Pending
Sum

yasin333
Newly Registered

Post by yasin333 » Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:46 pm

As i said before i got refused for my ilr. Please find the reason below. Extract taken from refusal letter:

You made an in time application for further leave on 31 January 2007 and your leave continued under Section 3C until 16 February 2007 when your application was rejected because you had not submitted the prescribed fee and had not completed the payment details of your application form. It is noted that the Home Office letter informing you that your application was invalid, dated 16 February 2007, stated that if you wished your application to be considered you must return your application form with the correct fee payment within 28 days. You re-submitted an application on 19 March 2007, 31 days after your application was rejected, however, this was also rejected as invalid because the payment details you submitted were rejected by the issuing bank. You were advised of this in writing on 23 March 2007 and were also notified that you would be required to submit a new application for leave to remain.

On 02 April 2007 you made an out of time application for leave to remain as a student and this was rejected on 22 April 2007 because you had not submitted the appropriate application form and you had only submitted a partial fee payment.

On 08 May 2007 you made a further out of time application for further leave to remain as a student. Your representative’s covering letter, dated 02 September 2013, claims that this application was accepted as in time application referring to an erroneous note made on our internal system, that you obtained following a Subject access request in May 2013. It is noted that after submitting an application on 08 May 2007, that was 81 days out of time, you were subsequently granted a period of leave to remain as a student on 01 June 2007. This was because Immigration Rules for leave to remain in that capacity did not require that applicants have extant leave at the time of application. Further in your case, as you were granted further leave to remain in the capacity of student, it should be noted that this is a category that does not of itself lead to settlement. It should not therefore, be inferred that as leave was subsequently granted in your case that this raises an expectation that any future application on the basis of long residence would see the requirement to have spent a period of 10 years lawful continuous residence in the Uk waived.

With this in mind, you were without valid leave from 17 February until 31 May 2007, a period of approximately 104 days. As such your period of continuous lawful residence is considered to have been broken at this point.

Therefore you cannot demonstrate 10 years continuous lawful residence in the Uk and cannot meet the requirements of the Immigration Rules with reference to Paragraph 276 B(i)(a)

I talked to an oisc immigration adviser yesterday and found out:

I got a very strong argument that it was 28 days and not 31 days

Basically from the long residence guidance, the The 28 day period of overstaying is calculated from the latest of:

the point that a migrant is deemed to have received a written notice of invalidity, in line
with paragraph 34C or 34CA of the Immigration Rules, in relation to an in-time
application for further leave to remain.

Deemed to have received according to Immigration rule is the day after except if it was a business day

On my Sar, it is written that outcome was finalised on 16 feb 2007 and was dispatched to me on 16 feb 2007

Based on Immigration rules above:

I would have received notice of invalidity on 19 feb as 17 feb was a saturday and 19 feb to 19 Mar is 28 days as feb 2007 was only 28 days

so that the app was returned within 28 days and not 31

Now that this has been covered, my main issue is the subsequent apps that were rejected. All of them were returned in time but I dont know if that will have any effect on my case.

Can somebody please help me on this?

Based on the argument above, can i apply for a reconsideration side by side with my appeal?

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:53 pm

I would have received notice of invalidity on 19 feb as 17 feb was a saturday and 19 feb to 19 Mar is 28 days as feb 2007 was only 28 days

so that the app was returned within 28 days and not 31.

Hi yassin sorry to hear about your refusal

I think HO is right to say u returned app after 31 days.

HO count the dates from letter date which is 16 feb. it should be like u have 28 days from the date of this letter which was dated 16 feb. Not the date when u received it or minus weekends.

But your problem is far more serious than this. Ur payments were declined twice and third time u submitted wrong form. So u r out of visa for 104 days. Grace period given by HO is 28 days. so sorry to say u r in a big trouble.

How a sensible man like u could do this with himself.

I think your chances r very slim but u can argue in court on human rights and private life ground.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

Hardikjshah83
inactive
India

Post by Hardikjshah83 » Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:41 am

Good luck to All Sep/Oct & Nov application - hopefully this week will bring you all to relief!

KashRIz

Post by KashRIz » Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:37 am

GOOD LUCK EVERY ONE WHO IS WAITING 7th week for me.....Another week starting today I hope every one will get a good news...Good luck SEP, OCT & Nov guys....

maylia88
Newly Registered

Post by maylia88 » Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:21 pm

Hi

Just a quick question how can you obtain SAR form or freedom of information for your ukba records? I'm so confused with the new layout website!

Many thanks..

keepwaitingg
Newly Registered

Post by keepwaitingg » Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:34 pm

Hi Guys;

I spoke to Home Office this morning. The Officer said that they are dealing with my application ( I asked him clearly is it in the queue or in process- he said that in process). What is your opinions, how long does it take? Thanks

App. Sent:20 sep 2103

Bio Done: 24 Oct 2013

Waiting..

keepwaitingg
Newly Registered

Post by keepwaitingg » Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:48 pm

keepwaitingg wrote:Hi Guys;

I spoke to Home Office this morning. The Officer said that they are dealing with my application ( I asked him clearly is it in the queue or in process- he said that in process). What is your opinions, how long does it take? Thanks

Waiting..
Hi Shafmar I can not see private messages.

bb2012

Post by bb2012 » Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:01 pm

Waiting..
Hi,

Could you please briefly tell about your case/history. Also if there are any gaps or appeals.

Thanks

keepwaitingg
Newly Registered

Post by keepwaitingg » Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:13 pm

bb2012 wrote:

Waiting..
Hi,

Could you please briefly tell about your case/history. Also if there are any gaps or appeals.

Thanks

2 years au pair visa- 5 years eea f. permit- 3 years work permit . according to solicitor it is straight forward application. also I have been working for 7 years in uk.no appeals no time gaps

tulib143
Newly Registered

Post by tulib143 » Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:34 pm

Hi everybody .... I have just got my brp card which state indefinite leave to remain.
I been 10 years on student visa.
Thank u.