ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET(O) & SET(M) applications - Oct 2012 (timelines only)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

barua

Post by barua » Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:27 pm

Maliksahb wrote:
gmx wrote:Hi Maliksahb,

Did you send yours by post or e-mail?

Thanks
Maliksahb wrote:I have recently sent a complain to UKBA Cheif exective and also my local MP because my application is with UKBA more then 6 months now. I don't know what the hell services they are providing to us.

I think anyone who are being treated like this please speak out now.
I have Sent my complain by post by following the link expedite template
(https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=75f30851 ... BQehoK1huM)

For sending complain to MP use http://www.writetothem.com/

Note: Please modify this expedite template according to your circumstances and then send it.
Thanks gmx you just asked he question I had in mind. And thanks to maliksahb for sharing the information. I will wait for about a week or two and then will write to them.
thanks again,
Mrs Barua

cheshireindian
Newly Registered

Post by cheshireindian » Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:15 am

cheshireindian wrote:Type of application: SET (O)
Previous status: HSMP 2 years, Tier 1 (G) 3 years
Posted 06 Oct 12
Delivered 09 Oct 12
Payment taken 15 Oct 12 (credit card)
Acknowledgement received 22 Oct 12 (dated 16 Oct 12)
Biometrics invite letter received 26 Nov 12 (dated 22 Nov 12)
Biometrics provided 28 Nov 12

Now waiting.......
Finally got some updates; I received mt passport and originals on Friday 05 April 2013, which is exactly 6 months.

DX secure left me the missed delivery notice yesterday (Monday 08 April), and I now need to arrange delivery.

gmx

Post by gmx » Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:06 am

Congrats cheshireindian!
cheshireindian wrote:
cheshireindian wrote:Type of application: SET (O)
Previous status: HSMP 2 years, Tier 1 (G) 3 years
Posted 06 Oct 12
Delivered 09 Oct 12
Payment taken 15 Oct 12 (credit card)
Acknowledgement received 22 Oct 12 (dated 16 Oct 12)
Biometrics invite letter received 26 Nov 12 (dated 22 Nov 12)
Biometrics provided 28 Nov 12

Now waiting.......
Finally got some updates; I received mt passport and originals on Friday 05 April 2013, which is exactly 6 months.

DX secure left me the missed delivery notice yesterday (Monday 08 April), and I now need to arrange delivery.

Maliksahb

Post by Maliksahb » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:11 am

Who ever facing delay from UKBA or victim of UKBA please leave your comments here

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/disp ... /episode-8

samriti2u

Post by samriti2u » Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:26 pm

I have written to UKBA today for an update.

gmx

Post by gmx » Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:37 pm

All the best samriti2u

Today is my 6 months of waiting....
samriti2u wrote:I have written to UKBA today for an update.

maryagn3s
Newly Registered

2 days shy of 6 month

Post by maryagn3s » Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:33 am

i got my ILR today (though it was dated 03 April).
i applied 12 October and they made me do biometrics twice and then rang me on 02 April to confirm my address.

i submitted a lot... they returned to me, 7 months bank statements, 7 months payslips, life in UK letter, a teaching award (i teach at a uni) and a load of supporting docs from the last 5 years showing i'd made my life here. they held onto my cover letter, a letter of support from my boss, the letter from my work showing my SOC code and my app.

i had more than 400 days absence in the 5 year period (though only topped 180 days the year i started as my entry was delayed for family business that i documented - divorce).

i used a solicitor to help write my cover letter (3.5 pages) and prepare my app and i think that made ALL the difference. (she's the head of immigration at her firm and, at one point during our (only) meeting, she rang up a barrister to query my long absence issue).

so...
there you have it... LOADS of absences but a well organised submission (i used the templates here for absences... i included photocopies of relevant guidance to UKBA officials where it meant they could all me ILR (and highlighted relevant parts)... and i had a table of contents for my whole submission...)

i hope this information is helpful.
:)
m

gmx

Post by gmx » Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:07 pm

I just called UKBA and was told that my application is still ongoing. He cannot explain what "ongoing" means and asked me just to wait.

I asked for an address to write to and was given the Liverpool address (the one on acknowledgment letter)

Nothing new
gmx wrote:All the best samriti2u

Today is my 6 months of waiting....
samriti2u wrote:I have written to UKBA today for an update.

nishkj09
Newly Registered

Post by nishkj09 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:55 pm

Hi all,

It has been 5 months now and still waiting

Application type: SET O with 2 dependents (5 year Work permit)
Date Applied: 08.11.12
Date of acknowledgement: 18.11.12
Date of Bio-metric request letter: 05.01.13
Date of Bio metric Enrollment: 12.01.13
Still waiting........

Is there anyone who applied at the same time....

gmx

Post by gmx » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:05 am

Hi nishkj09,

You can check Nov applicants thread: http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=122308
nishkj09 wrote:Hi all,

It has been 5 months now and still waiting

Application type: SET O with 2 dependents (5 year Work permit)
Date Applied: 08.11.12
Date of acknowledgement: 18.11.12
Date of Bio-metric request letter: 05.01.13
Date of Bio metric Enrollment: 12.01.13
Still waiting........

Is there anyone who applied at the same time....

a4ley
Newly Registered

Post by a4ley » Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:07 pm

Type of application: SET(O)
Type of previous permit: Tier1(G) (2 years) + HSMP (3 years)
Date Applied: 03/10/2012
Date of visa expiry: 23/10/2012
Type of payment: Credit-Card
Date of payment taken: 10/10/2012
Date of biometric letter: 4/12/2012 (dated 28/11/2012)
Date of biometric enrollment: 07/12/2012
Date of approval: Waiting
Any other development: Six months has expired.

Phoned UKBA told that no decision has been made and they had no other information.

Have contacted MP as received a reply that the UKBA cannot give a timescale and the case is with the settlement team awaiting a caseworker.

Maliksahb

Post by Maliksahb » Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:13 am

a4ley wrote:Type of application: SET(O)
Type of previous permit: Tier1(G) (2 years) + HSMP (3 years)
Date Applied: 03/10/2012
Date of visa expiry: 23/10/2012
Date of payment taken: 10/10/2012
Date of biometric letter: 4/12/2012 (dated 28/11/2012)
Date of biometric enrollment: 07/12/2012
Any other development: Six months has expired.

Phoned UKBA told that no decision has been made and they had no other information.

Have contacted MP as received a reply that the UKBA cannot give a timescale and the case is with the settlement team awaiting a caseworker.

My Timeline is almost the same with you and i am still waiting for my application but I have one dependent as well. I have also contacted MP and he said he has written a letter to UKBA about my case and lets see now......

Peet77
Newly Registered

Post by Peet77 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:02 am

Hi, can someone let me know which number they are calling to get an update on their application as I've tried the 0870 606 7766 number and when I get to the option for getting an update, I get a message saying they can't give an update for applications [i]less than 6mths [/i]and then it says "this call will now end"!

Below are my timelines, which is very similar to others:

Type of application: SET(O) (no dependants)
Type of previous permit: HSMP (2yrs) then Tier1 (General) 3 yrs
Date Applied: 10/10/2012
Date of the acknowledgement letter: 18/10/2012
Date of biometric letter: dated 12/12/2012, received 17/12/2012 (they sent it to my old address despite me changing my address online in October, shortly after I moved!)
Date of biometric enrollment: 18/12/2012
Any other development: Waiting

I'm annoyed that November applications are getting processed before October ones? Aren't they suppose to process in order of date of receipt!

I think my next option is to write to my local MP, hoping something might come out of it!

gmx

Post by gmx » Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:46 am

Option 4, then option 2, best to call after 4pm... but expect to receive a standard reply similar to "Your application is in progress. We cannot give further details. Please continue to wait"

There are ways that people in this forum have tried: writing to MP, UKBA Complaints, UKBA CEO, relevant Ministers (Immigration, HO), etc

I'm not sure which one does work though
Peet77 wrote:Hi, can someone let me know which number they are calling to get an update on their application as I've tried the 0870 606 7766 number and when I get to the option for getting an update, I get a message saying they can't give an update for applications less than 6mths and then it says "this call will now end"!

Below are my timelines, which is very similar to others:

Type of application: SET(O) (no dependants)
Type of previous permit: HSMP (2yrs) then Tier1 (General) 3 yrs
Date Applied: 10/10/2012
Date of the acknowledgement letter: 18/10/2012
Date of biometric letter: dated 12/12/2012, received 17/12/2012 (they sent it to my old address despite me changing my address online in October, shortly after I moved!)
Date of biometric enrollment: 18/12/2012
Any other development: Waiting

I'm annoyed that November applications are getting processed before October ones? Aren't they suppose to process in order of date of receipt!

I think my next option is to write to my local MP, hoping something might come out of it!

samriti2u

Post by samriti2u » Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:55 am

Just called UKBA and I have been told that if an application falls in 5% bracket there is no timeline that can be given. Also, there are thousands of applications pending before ours can be looked into.
The only time they will expedite is when there is question of life and death.

Strange!!

gmx

Post by gmx » Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:07 am

hi samriti2u,

Thanks for update

What is the "5% bracket"?

If they said thousands of applications pending before ours can be looked into, why are there newer applications that have been processed & approved? Are those ALL life and death cases?

I don't trust what they're saying.
samriti2u wrote:Just called UKBA and I have been told that if an application falls in 5% bracket there is no timeline that can be given. Also, there are thousands of applications pending before ours can be looked into.
The only time they will expedite is when there is question of life and death.

Strange!!

samriti2u

Post by samriti2u » Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:20 am

Hi Gmx,

The guy I spoke to said 95 % applications are processed within 6 months and for the rest 5% there is no deadline.

I think October 2012 applicants are up for a long wait......

gmx

Post by gmx » Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:40 am

So, that guy was implying that they have processed almost 95% of Oct applications so far.

Do we really believe this? We will see about that :roll:
samriti2u wrote:Hi Gmx,

The guy I spoke to said 95 % applications are processed within 6 months and for the rest 5% there is no deadline.

Maliksahb

Post by Maliksahb » Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:14 pm

gmx wrote:So, that guy was implying that they have processed almost 95% of Oct applications so far.

There are biggest lier of the of the world and very mess department of UK about whom Gov don't bother. Who knows how many Oct12 application they have process?? no one because they don't give any data to any one. Not like to give the reason of delay. I think they don't bother about complains etc, their motto is keep claim and carry on with lazy routine.

gmx

Post by gmx » Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:26 pm

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/new- ... -appointed

Based on this latest news, please make sure you also send any complaint to the new interim Directors General for UK Visas and Immigration.

That would be Sarah Rapson. I don't have her contact but guess it'd be @homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

Maliksahb wrote:
gmx wrote:So, that guy was implying that they have processed almost 95% of Oct applications so far.

There are biggest lier of the of the world and very mess department of UK about whom Gov don't bother. Who knows how many Oct12 application they have process?? no one because they don't give any data to any one. Not like to give the reason of delay. I think they don't bother about complains etc, their motto is keep claim and carry on with lazy routine.

cpf
Newly Registered

Post by cpf » Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:29 pm

Hi gmx and samriti2u,

This is ridiculous, they can say anything they want and we are so helpless. No respect at all for the educated and skilled foreign people who are helping to boost the country’s economy. This is how they treat us and I wonder why the government is so quiet. True, they have taken some actions but the million dollar question is ‘Is that enough?’

samriti2u

Post by samriti2u » Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:19 pm

Hi Cpf,

I can understand the frustration here and it increases when you speak to UKBA advisers. It's like you're speaking to a wall.

I don't know what to advise. All seems to have failed complaints, MP, UKBA head, and govt. I don't know what other option is left? May be a protest!!

Maliksahb

Post by Maliksahb » Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:52 pm

samriti2u wrote:Hi Cpf,

I can understand the frustration here and it increases when you speak to UKBA advisers. It's like you're speaking to a wall.

I don't know what to advise. All seems to have failed complaints, MP, UKBA head, and govt. I don't know what other option is left? May be a protest!!
Same situation is here. My application is with UKBA from more then 6 months. My wife Employer dismissed her because UKBA ECS service does not verify her status and ECS took too much time to update their database. My baby born after my application and still no paper for her. I cancelled my trips as well. I have explained these all things to UKBA by complains/by MP and and ..... but vain. I also dont know what should i do now ??????

gmx

Post by gmx » Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:38 pm

Hi samriti2u,

I just made the call to them (no use, I know but I had one minute spare time to waste) and guess what? Same answer as given to you.

95% of applications are completed within 6 months and we have no guideline on the rest. Please continue to wait. Bye2.

I don't have issues if they just tell the truth but it's obvious that they're lying.
samriti2u wrote:Hi Cpf,

samriti2u

Post by samriti2u » Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:24 am

Hi Gmx, Cpf and Maliksaab,

Can any one advise what will happen if a decision on ILR application is made after our existing leave as Tier-1 expires and the decision is to reject further leave? As far as I know they'll give 28 days to appeal or leave the country. But what I want to know is would we be still eligible for ILR? Would they treat it as a gap in visa and reject any further application for ILR as the 5 year clock will reset when they reject ILR application?

Can we apply for ILR (In-Person) or Tier-1 extension application before clock reset?

My existing leave as Tier-1 expires on 20 May, 13. Can you post when yours is expiring?