ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

All Dec'05 Rejected applications Post Here

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

blueteam

English Language requirement

Post by blueteam » Sun Jan 21, 2007 11:41 am

Hello Guyz,

Well after going thru NNJ10 case i think this might help somebody...according to the Guidance notes for HSMP..If we have supplied HSMP with anyother certificate other than IELTS or UNIVERSITY Letter then that certificate shud be evaluated by NARIC and it shud be equivalent to IELTS 6.5.....which means as i understood that if an applicant is submitting the TOFEL result then that shud be evaluated by NARIC please find below the statement from the Guidance notes

Alternative evidence for applicants without either an IELTS level 6 certificate or a degree taught in English.
IELTS level 6 is the preferred qualification. However, where you have already obtained an English language certificate equivalent to IELTS 6 prior to making your application, we will consider this qualification under certain circumstances.

You must submit the original certificate for consideration with your application.

This alternative English language certificate must be equivalent to IELTS 6. You are advised to check the equivalence of this qualification prior to making your application. We will check the equivalence with NARIC before accepting that it meets the English Language Criteria.

Well i think this shud explain.....And i Personally think the Case worker who was dealing with the NNJ10 case might have Checked NNJ10 Undergraduate Degree Certificate... with the NARIC for the IELTS equivalence and might have come to the conclusion that it is not Equivalent to IELTS 6.0 or higher Simply Overlooking the University Letter Provided by NNJ10 for english Language Requirment.....How on Earth can NARIC evaluate an undergraduate degree with IELTS...AS nnj10 MENTIONED in his previous posts that Undergraduate does consists of LISTENING.READING,WRITING,SPEAKING....adb we have done this over 4 years so it shud be equivalent to IELTS....Sorry to write such a Long Post GUYZ......

freebirds

Post by freebirds » Sun Jan 21, 2007 12:28 pm

i went ot osmania university and i got a letter in std format (thats how the univ osmania gives). i produced the same.
and along with it i submitted letter from naric. letter of equivalence

thanks

rizwan567
Diamond Member

Post by rizwan567 » Sun Jan 21, 2007 12:47 pm

NNJ.... the only logical reason I could think of your refusal: is that you might have not included a letter from University stating that the medium of instruction was in English.

You attached letter from NARIC which tells the equivalency of the degree but does not tell anything about the medium of instruction.... What do you say?

nnj10

Post by nnj10 » Sun Jan 21, 2007 1:18 pm

Hi Rizwan567,

I have included the letter from university clearly mentioning that the Degree was taught in English.

The degree taught in English is above/Below IELTS 6 was not heard beofoe my case.

Blueteam,
The point you are referring to is for the person, who has not submitted either IELTS or the degee taught in English.

In my case I have provided all the evidence for the english language, i.e.
1. Bachelor degree comparable to British Bachelor (Hons.)
2. Letter from the university comfirming my Name, Degree awarded, date of award and that it was taught in English.

Inspite of this I got rejection.

NNJ10

blueteam

Post by blueteam » Sun Jan 21, 2007 1:33 pm

Hi NNJ10,

Yah thats what i am saying....what i am thinking in your case is that the Case worker who was dealing with your case ''instead of looking @ the university letter he might have taken you Undergrad Certificate into account and evaluated it with NARIC for IELTS equivalence and I dont think Naric has got any procedure in line to evaluate an Undergrad degree with IELTS...and they might have considered it is not equivalent to IELTS...
Lets see what happens in my case...
nnj10 wrote:Hi Rizwan567,

I have included the letter from university clearly mentioning that the Degree was taught in English.

The degree taught in English is above/Below IELTS 6 was not heard beofoe my case.

Blueteam,
The point you are referring to is for the person, who has not submitted either IELTS or the degee taught in English.

In my case I have provided all the evidence for the english language, i.e.
1. Bachelor degree comparable to British Bachelor (Hons.)
2. Letter from the university comfirming my Name, Degree awarded, date of award and that it was taught in English.

Inspite of this I got rejection.

NNJ10

nnj10

Post by nnj10 » Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:25 am

Hi All,

I just spoke to my case worker, and he said that they checked with NARIC,, that the level of English taught at my University, is not equivalent to the IELTS Band 6. I doubt his argument although. I doubt if this is checked for all the applicants or not?

I also received a response from UK NARIC, where I asked them to evaluate whether my Bachelor degree is comparable to IELTS Band 6 or not. I am sharing the response below:

Please note that the UK NARIC assessment service compares overseas academic awards that constitute national standards in the country of origin. We do not comment on English language proficiency as part of our assessment service. If you are applying for a work permit, then you should present evidence of your language proficiency directly to the Home Office for their consideration.

Thank you

This means, NARIC does not certify the level of English language taught at University, directly to the applicant, but HO team, can get this information from NARIC :shock: :shock: :shock:

Isn't it something just to harass the applicant?
Why dont thet specify that this will be checked with NARIC for the English language proficiency. Or at least they should hint that the IELTS is must for the overseas non-englsih speaking countries.

Guys, I am really frustrated.

My case worker, suggested, that I should take IELTS, and apply again. :evil: :evil: :evil:

Regards,
NNJ10

aj_sp_007
Member of Standing

suggest???

Post by aj_sp_007 » Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:43 am

Can anybody suggest...

i have the IELTS band 6.5 certificate exam given on dec 2006
now still i have to go for NARIC evaluation ???

in this thread few posts are making things very confusing....

I think both are two different things...

aj_sp_007
________
NEVADA MEDICAL MARIJUANA DISPENSARY
Last edited by aj_sp_007 on Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

deep_rp

Post by deep_rp » Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:45 am

NNJ,
DId you send a seperate letter from the university/college that certified your english profeciency?

Thanks
Deepak

ND
Member of Standing

Post by ND » Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:46 am

nnj10,

I personally think you should go for a review. Your's is a strong case and they can't simply reject applications with these silly reasons.
First of all if you are confident that the proof submitted is according to there guidance , fight back. Prove that the caseworker did a mistake.

I do not know what all evidences you have submitted , so I can't comment more. Whats your's qualification ?

ND.

olumighty
Newly Registered

Post by olumighty » Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:48 am

I share the same view, take the IELTS test and apply again. The step will definitely save you time.

ND
Member of Standing

Post by ND » Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:48 am

aj_sp_007,

You need not.Dont get confused with the post's here. Check your evidence against the guidance details.

ND.

nnj10

Post by nnj10 » Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:48 am

deep_rp,

Yes, I did send a letter from University(AICTE Accredited 5 Star rating University), clearly mentioning that the course was taught in the English Language.

I don't know is this checked for the all the applicants.

NNJ10

deep_rp

Post by deep_rp » Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:54 am

NNJ,
Your case is indeed very strange. My case was rejected on earnings. But the letter from my college and university was accepted as proof enough for English proficiency. I did not send an NARIC letter nor did I attend IELTS.
I am a B.E. graduate

Thanks
Deepak

paramjit2k

hi

Post by paramjit2k » Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:12 am

Hey NAKVIS/DEEP

Any updates? did u got the decision letter frm the HO?
Regards,

Pam Aujla

first2last4

Post by first2last4 » Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:42 am

nnj10,

There's no doubt that either the case worker is lying about checking the english level from NARIC or he needs training about this whole evaluation. As NARIC confirms that there is no such service, you could let the case worker know what NARIC has said. Also using the freedom of information act you could demand the case worker to know the real truth.

It would be interesting to know which university degree/master do you have?

nnj10 wrote:Hi All,

I just spoke to my case worker, and he said that they checked with NARIC,, that the level of English taught at my University, is not equivalent to the IELTS Band 6. I doubt his argument although. I doubt if this is checked for all the applicants or not?

I also received a response from UK NARIC, where I asked them to evaluate whether my Bachelor degree is comparable to IELTS Band 6 or not. I am sharing the response below:

Please note that the UK NARIC assessment service compares overseas academic awards that constitute national standards in the country of origin. We do not comment on English language proficiency as part of our assessment service. If you are applying for a work permit, then you should present evidence of your language proficiency directly to the Home Office for their consideration.

Thank you

This means, NARIC does not certify the level of English language taught at University, directly to the applicant, but HO team, can get this information from NARIC :shock: :shock: :shock:

Isn't it something just to harass the applicant?
Why dont thet specify that this will be checked with NARIC for the English language proficiency. Or at least they should hint that the IELTS is must for the overseas non-englsih speaking countries.

Guys, I am really frustrated.

My case worker, suggested, that I should take IELTS, and apply again. :evil: :evil: :evil:

Regards,
NNJ10
Knowledge which is concealed is lost -Hadith

deep_rp

Post by deep_rp » Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:54 am

Paramjit,
Mine is not yet allocated to case worker. I am waiting till wednesday and then I am reapplying.

THanks
Deepak

paramjit2k

hi

Post by paramjit2k » Wed Jan 24, 2007 12:20 am

Hi deepak

chk again man!

As i sent later then u, it is already with Caseworker...My case is under consideration now
Regards,

Pam Aujla

deep_rp

Post by deep_rp » Wed Jan 24, 2007 2:14 am

That is strange man. I called up last night and they said, it is yet to be allocated..

deep_rp

Post by deep_rp » Wed Jan 24, 2007 2:18 am

Hi Paramjit,
When did your application reach? There is also no news on Nakviz

Thanks
Deepak

deep_rp

Post by deep_rp » Wed Jan 24, 2007 2:32 am

Hi Paramjit,
How did you come to know about your case being allocated? Through email or phone?

Thanks
Deepak

paramjit2k

hi

Post by paramjit2k » Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:04 am

hi deepak

thru phone!
Regards,

Pam Aujla

deep_rp

Post by deep_rp » Wed Jan 24, 2007 5:06 am

Paramjit,
I would be reapplying today in case I do not get a favourable reply. I have now got all pay slips and so if that was the only problem it should go through....

BTW, Do I need to mention the old Reference number in the new application?

Thanks
Deepak

flamenco

Review Decision

Post by flamenco » Wed Jan 24, 2007 8:22 am

Hi All,

I called H.O yesterday to check the status of my Review application and was told that an initial decision has been made on my application and now it is to go to a supervisor for confirmation. Is it the standard procedure or all review application or that means it is a refusal again and it is being rechecked by a higher authority? H.O. guy told me that it is a standard procedure for review applications but my point is if it is an approval, why it needs to be rechecked by a supervisor again? I faxed my review application on January 17, 2007.

flamenco

Decision Made

Post by flamenco » Wed Jan 24, 2007 2:49 pm

Just called work permit (UK) and was told that a decision has been reached on my review application and a letter has been sent by air mail yesterday. Waiting anxiously for the outcome. Lets see what the decision turns out to be.

smadan_in
Newly Registered

Application rejected

Post by smadan_in » Wed Jan 24, 2007 3:10 pm

HI, i had my application rejected with the reason being " You have not provided original evidence of your previous earnings. The Wage slips and tax return evidence were photocopies and although we note that the salary slips have been endorsed by your employer, there is no indication as to the designation of the signatory and therfore, salary slips cannot be accepted".

I had subimitted multiple evidences

1. Bank statements for 12 months showing the amount exactly as in salary slips

2. Salary slips for 12 months which were stamped and didnot have the name of the signatory

3. Tax return for 6 months. In India the tax department only gives a receipt of the tax return after stamping on the copy of the original. The original is with the tax department. How can i get original tax return. I submitted the tax return stamped by the tax department.

4. Letter from the chartered accountant.

5. Salary increment letter from my employer.

Despite all the above they refused. Can i apply for review. Can i have the signatory name written under the stamp and send it again, would that be a new application or review.

Thanx