ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship timeline tracker 2013

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:00 pm

rezaghahremani wrote:hi guys
i applied for naturalisation 4 months ago(base on marriage to an irish citizen), and after 2 weeks i got Acknowledgement letter. to tell me everything they need they got and in 70 percent of cases take about 6 months to get an answer !
do you think this is right and i have a chance to get an answer by 2 months time??
thanks in advance
No chance in Hell.
For some reasons they have not kept their six months promise. The time frame when the decision will be made on your application will be from 8-13 months.

Now being that I calculated and came up with 9,000 applications currently in process, you may hear from them in 2 months time!.

I know for a fact though that soon enough it will only take 5 - 7 months for citizenship applications to be decided as there will be no backlogs!
I oppose stereotype, prejudice, xenophobe, judgmental, Ignorance, and beloved.

dania

Post by dania » Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:46 pm

IntegratedMigrant wrote:
i applied for naturalisation 4 months ago(base on marriage to an irish citizen), and after 2 weeks i got Acknowledgement letter. to tell me everything they need they got and in 70 percent of cases take about 6 months to get an answer !
do you think this is right and i have a chance to get an answer by 2 months time??
thanks in advance
No chance in Hell.
For some reasons they have not kept their six months promise. The time frame when the decision will be made on your application will be from 8-13 months.

Now being that I calculated and came up with 9,000 applications currently in process, you may hear from them in 2 months time!.

I know for a fact though that soon enough it will only take 5 - 7 months for citizenship applications to be decided as there will be no backlogs!
hi i dont understand from where you get your fact that it will only take 5 to 7 months soon for processing applications :lol: ,i think you dont know that you r living in ireland and it is impossible for atleast another three to five years .the speed they work is very slow and i dont want to argue with you ,you will see youself at the end of 2013 there will be still huge backlog ,i am telling you the truth and i speak with facts and time will tell you the efficiency of inis :( .i dont believe whatever the politicians say as it is always lie ,i will only believe when i will see myself the applications being processed in six months time,as i know large number of people waiting for their decisions since 4,3,2,1 years.it seems like staff at inis forgot to process the applications of these people. :(
"The world suffers a lot.Not because of the violence of bad people,but because of the silence of good people!" [Napolean]

weeno
Newly Registered

Letter

Post by weeno » Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:47 pm

Hi guys, received a letter from further processing team about 3 weeks ago, anybody knows how long I have to wait more applied in dec 2011. Thanks
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your application for naturalisation is currently being processed in the normal way with a view to establishing whether the applicant meets the statutory conditions for the granting of naturalisation and will be submitted to the minister for decision when the processing is complete.

We will be in touch with you in due course.

Further processing team,

eternitate1903

Post by eternitate1903 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:25 pm

IntegratedMigrant wrote:
eternitate1903 wrote:Hi IntegratedMigrant

Thanks a lot for this detailed information, but in your calculations that you published on December 28th, your numbers were higher, due to increased number of applicants in 2011 and 2012

Can you elaborate that? (As much as you can of course, with 93% accuracy ) :) :)
Yes I can. I will write in details about how I came about to 93%. This information is from Dail questions/answers directly from the minister.

There were 19,900 in 2012 and the number increases on an annual basis.

I then estimated from March 2011 when the minister came into office until Dec 2011 to be an additional 8,400 applications.

I also estimated the application for 2013 to be 20,000 and/or over and then divided it by 12 to get approximately 1,700 for January that will are in at the moment

In total this will give you 30,000. 19,000 + 8,400 + 1,700 = 30,000

When the minister came into office in March 2011 there were approximately 22,000 citizenship applications awaiting decision

Now the minister has made a decision on more than 43,000 applications.

Overall total = 22,000 + 30,000 - 43,000 = 9,000

Thanks IntegratedMigrant. I have another question though:

Actually it was 38000 approvals since Minister took over in March 2011, that's what he said in December. Do you have some sources inside INIS who told you that there are 5000 more approvals? Because you said he approved 43000, which is 38000 (from december speech) plus 5000 that you came up with?

aya101

Post by aya101 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:48 pm

I got an approval a couple of weeks ago and I had sent the documents days after that letter.
I'm wondering if anyone has gotten a letter concerning the ceremony ??
I'm worried now .

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:34 pm

eternitate1903 wrote:Thanks IntegratedMigrant. I have another question though:

Actually it was 38000 approvals since Minister took over in March 2011, that's what he said in December. Do you have some sources inside INIS who told you that there are 5000 more approvals? Because you said he approved 43000, which is 38000 (from december speech) plus 5000 that you came up with?
Ok I will show you another prove to that below

http://oireachtasdebates.oireachtas.ie/ ... itizenship

Just search 43,000 and it will take you straight to it
Hope you're happy now. I am legit

rezaghahremani
Newly Registered

Post by rezaghahremani » Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:46 pm

dania wrote:
IntegratedMigrant wrote:
thanks in advance
No chance in Hell.

hi i dont understand from where you get your fact that it will only take 5 to 7 months soon for processing applications :lol: ,i think you dont know that you r living in ireland and it is impossible for atleast another three to five years .the speed they work is very slow and i dont want to argue with you ,you will see youself at the end of 2013 there will be still huge backlog ,i am telling you the truth and i speak with facts and time will tell you the efficiency of inis :( .i dont believe whatever the politicians say as it is always lie ,i will only believe when i will see myself the applications being processed in six months time,as i know large number of people waiting for their decisions since 4,3,2,1 years.it seems like staff at inis forgot to process the applications of these people. :([/quo
You might be right but i know a thai girl in school she applied 2 months before me and 2 days ago she got her approval.

rezaghahremani
Newly Registered

Post by rezaghahremani » Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:48 pm

rezaghahremani wrote:
dania wrote:
IntegratedMigrant wrote:
thanks in advance
No chance in Hell.

hi i dont understand from where you get your fact that it will only take 5 to 7 months soon for processing applications :lol: ,i think you dont know that you r living in ireland and it is impossible for atleast another three to five years .the speed they work is very slow and i dont want to argue with you ,you will see youself at the end of 2013 there will be still huge backlog ,i am telling you the truth and i speak with facts and time will tell you the efficiency of inis :( .i dont believe whatever the politicians say as it is always lie ,i will only believe when i will see myself the applications being processed in six months time,as i know large number of people waiting for their decisions since 4,3,2,1 years.it seems like staff at inis forgot to process the applications of these people.
You might be right but i know a thai girl in school she applied 2 months before me and 2 days ago she got her approval.
[/url]

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:50 pm

If you have been living in Ireland, you should have known that 43,000 decision made since March 2011 is a huge backlog cleared, and if continued will result in the 6 months promise!
dania wrote:hi i dont understand from where you get your fact that it will only take 5 to 7 months soon for processing applications
Its already a fact that the decision time takes about 6 months. It might not be for applications based on 5 year residency etc but there are other type of applications that takes about 2 months for decision e.g Application based on minor of a Naturalised Irish National, Applicants who recently got their LTR etc.

dania wrote:i think you dont know that you r living in ireland and it is impossible for atleast another three to five years
I tend to see things from the positive side unlike you, I also dont generalise like you. Not because its Ireland does not mean its impossible! Its prejudice!
dania wrote:the speed they work is very slow and i dont want to argue with you ,you will see youself at the end of 2013 there will be still huge backlog
Again I was stating the fact made by INIS, if you have any problem with INIS, then I suggest you talk to the Minister about that.
dania wrote:i am telling you the truth and i speak with facts and time will tell you the efficiency of inis
How is you criticising INIS, Ireland and voicing your concerns a fact?

irishtobe

Post by irishtobe » Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:39 pm

i applied in 2008 , still waiting , anyone in the same

dania

Post by dania » Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:41 am

irishtobe wrote:i applied in 2008 , still waiting , anyone in the same
hi integrated migrant do u have any answer for this person and very large number of people like him who r waiting since years,I will say again that I don't want to argue with u because u r taking their side , I will believe only when I will see these people getting their applications processed in time,as this is not fair that large number of people r waiting since years and some people who applied recently got their decisions,this is discrimination :(
"The world suffers a lot.Not because of the violence of bad people,but because of the silence of good people!" [Napolean]

Jberces
Newly Registered

Post by Jberces » Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:40 am

I applied in Dec 2011, and still waiting. A colleague who applied in February 2012 got her decision last October 2012 and attended the ceremony on December 2012. I know it's a case-to-case basis but it sucks waiting when you keep hearing others who applied later received decisions first.

waiting2beirish

Post by waiting2beirish » Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:49 am

No matter how many calculations one does, or how much you cry but the INIS will do their own thing as they want & the appli-(swearword for bad people) can just wait & hope for their mercy that's all.

I submitted my gnib , photo & 950 euro on in dec 1st week & just waiting for ceremony invitation !
Not waiting any more

LouDublin
Newly Registered

Re: Letter

Post by LouDublin » Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:07 pm

[quote="weeno"]Hi guys, received a letter from further processing team about 3 weeks ago, anybody knows how long I have to wait more applied in dec 2011. Thanks
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your application for naturalisation is currently being processed in the normal way with a view to establishing whether the applicant meets the statutory conditions for the granting of naturalisation and will be submitted to the minister for decision when the processing is complete.

We will be in touch with you in due course.

Further processing team,[/quote]

We got the exact same message this week, waiting since April 2009. :(

LouDublin
Newly Registered

Post by LouDublin » Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:08 pm

[quote="irishtobe"]i applied in 2008 , still waiting , anyone in the same[/quote]

Yes April 2009. It seems they are processing 2012 applicants but not dealing with the applicants that are waiting 2,3,4,5 years.

dania

Post by dania » Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:20 pm

waiting2beirish wrote:No matter how many calculations one does, or how much you cry but the INIS will do their own thing as they want & the appli-(swearword for bad people) can just wait & hope for their mercy that's all.

I submitted my gnib , photo & 950 euro on in dec 1st week & just waiting for ceremony invitation !
it is absolutely true and this year it is going to be worst as they already skipped one ceremony , basically inis don't care about us foreigners and they will never do their work in right way until someone from outside will ask them to do it , the backlog is huge and it is getting worst day by day , :(

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:44 pm

dania wrote:
hi integrated migrant do u have any answer for this person and very large number of people like him who r waiting since years,I will say again that I don't want to argue with u because u r taking their side , I will believe only when I will see these people getting their applications processed in time,as this is not fair that large number of people r waiting since years and some people who applied recently got their decisions,this is discrimination :(
Im not taking anybody's side and thats part of who I am!. You said that INIS discriminate when you are discriminating against them and Irish people.

First thing you would wanna ask yourself is why is Irishtobe that applied in 2008 still waiting while people that applied in 2012 have gotten their citizenship? Well its not a rocket science.

Irishtobe in his case has a complex case. There is a reason why his application has not been decided. Its either that he somehow has criminal record/background or something that INIS are investigating about and im sure Irishtobe will tell you that. Most people simply have issues with their application, birth certificate, some errors or discrepancies in their application etc.

There is just something about his application that stands out from the rest!

Decisions are made on individual basis and where someone has no criminal background and application is excellent, they will be processed relatively fast.

I know people personally that have been waiting for many years because of issues they have with their application.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:04 am

IntegratedMigrant wrote: Irishtobe in his case has a complex case. There is a reason why his application has not been decided. Its either that he somehow has criminal record/background or something that INIS are investigating ...
Are you aware of a specific issue that the poster has or are you speculating? If it is the latter, it would be better if you kept your opinions to yourself.

CitationCj2

Post by CitationCj2 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:37 pm

Can you please expand on this?

Applied on what basis?
How long in the country?
Any offence?

5 years waiting is just shocking , i feel your pain. Hopefully something will be done and this slow boat starts to move again.

cj2

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:54 pm

EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:
IntegratedMigrant wrote: Irishtobe in his case has a complex case. There is a reason why his application has not been decided. Its either that he somehow has criminal record/background or something that INIS are investigating ...
Are you aware of a specific issue that the poster has or are you speculating? If it is the latter, it would be better if you kept your opinions to yourself.
All I was trying to say is that there is something that makes his application stands out from the rest. INIS made it clear that less complex cases acounting for more than 70% will be decided within 6 months, but a proportion of applications with Complex Cases, may take longer than timeframe and in some cases may take considerably longer

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:12 pm

IntegratedMigrant wrote:
EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:
All I was trying to say is that there is something that makes his application stands out from the rest. INIS made it clear that less complex cases acounting for more than 70% will be decided within 6 months, but a proportion of applications with Complex Cases, may take longer than timeframe and in some cases may take considerably longer
Thanks for clarifying that. Another possibility is that his case has been mishandled. We don't know. It might have been better if the words "if your case is more complex, etc..." had been used.

Muokti
Newly Registered

Post by Muokti » Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:25 pm

thanks in advance
I applied in Dec 2011 (14 months already) based on marriage to Irish citizen too but I'm still waiting for the decision. So 6 months processing time doesn't apply to everyone. If your case/application is a simple one then you maybe lucky to get great news in 6 months. Well lets hope we'll hear brilliant news soon!!! :-)

salem66
Newly Registered

Nearly 6,000 valid applications have been decided to date!!

Post by salem66 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:37 am

Alan Shatter " nearly 6,000 valid applications have been decided to date this year".

INIS have not informed those people yet!!

http://oireachtasdebates.oireachtas.ie/ ... itizenship Applications

eternitate1903

Post by eternitate1903 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:00 am

IntegratedMigrant wrote:
eternitate1903 wrote:Hi IntegratedMigrant

Thanks a lot for this detailed information, but in your calculations that you published on December 28th, your numbers were higher, due to increased number of applicants in 2011 and 2012

Can you elaborate that? (As much as you can of course, with 93% accuracy ) :) :)
Yes I can. I will write in details about how I came about to 93%. This information is from Dail questions/answers directly from the minister.

There were 19,900 in 2012 and the number increases on an annual basis.

I then estimated from March 2011 when the minister came into office until Dec 2011 to be an additional 8,400 applications.

I also estimated the application for 2013 to be 20,000 and/or over and then divided it by 12 to get approximately 1,700 for January that will are in at the moment

In total this will give you 30,000. 19,000 + 8,400 + 1,700 = 30,000

When the minister came into office in March 2011 there were approximately 22,000 citizenship applications awaiting decision

Now the minister has made a decision on more than 43,000 applications.

Overall total = 22,000 + 30,000 - 43,000 = 9,000

Thanks a lot for all these calculations and informations IntegratedMigrant. But I guess you might have missed a point:

you said: "I then estimated from March 2011 when the minister came into office until Dec 2011 to be an additional 8,400 applications", but number of applications in 2011 was 18500 (for 12 months). If you divide it by 12 and multiply by 9 to get the number of applications received since March 11, it will give us 14000:

It'll be 14000(2011) + 19900(2012) + 1700(2013) + 22000(backlog)=57600
57600 - 43000=14600 (still not bad i guess)

thanks

jambalap

Re: Nearly 6,000 valid applications have been decided to dat

Post by jambalap » Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:57 am

salem66 wrote:Alan Shatter " nearly 6,000 valid applications have been decided to date this year".

INIS have not informed those people yet!!

http://oireachtasdebates.oireachtas.ie/ ... itizenship Applications
That's incredible 6k applications in one month if it goes this way all the year hope there will no dispassionated people