ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation Questions

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

assbc

Re: Congratutalions!!!!!!

Post by assbc » Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:22 pm

IntegratedMigrant wrote:
assbc wrote:I think it all depend on when INIS send your application for Vetting. When they say your application have enter second stage does not mean they have sent it to Garda Vetting, can someone prove me wrong here?
Very wrong. Even simply Garda vetting for employers that only requires criminal check takes up to 12 weeks or more which is appalling.

INIS requires activities, background, criminal checks, and those information are extracted from the pulse system data file.
e'g that you called somebody a b**ch in 1984 and was reported to the Gardai, this will be noted and presented to INIS after checks are over. Thats hows serious INIS vetting Checks are. This is why Gardai claim it takes them a long time to process.

I should remind you that it could take a few hours to process Garda Vetting for employers and about a day to process INIS vetting. Every information is on their computer!

The Guards are simply very lazy. Thats why the minister wants most of them out in the streets and shutting down the stations. He made it clear that it was not about cuts!

Oh, I should also remind you that it takes UK an average of 2 months to grant citizenship. All of these checks as above are used to process citizenship there. Why is it taking them just under 2 months to process? Why has a User on this forum gotten his citizenship for just under 2 months?
Am surprised to hear that Citizenship vetting is different from any other vetting, thought they all pass through the same process.

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:47 pm

assbc wrote:Am surprised to hear that Citizenship vetting is different from any other vetting, thought they all pass through the same process.
Totally different. Citizenship vetting is more like an investigation about everything you've done, and I mean everything. Whilst Garda vetting is just a copy and paste of criminal records on their computer/file. Traffic offenses and minor offenses are excluded.

In Citizenship vetting, everything about you that Gardai see as negative will be submitted to INIS. That is one of the reasons its in the ministers absolute discretion to grant or refuse citizenship and many people have been refused by previous Ministers because of nonsensical background negative checks. Alan Shatter is different though
I oppose stereotype, prejudice, xenophobe, judgmental, Ignorance, and beloved.

saajo
Newly Registered

Post by saajo » Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:28 pm

IntegratedMigrant wrote:
assbc wrote:Am surprised to hear that Citizenship vetting is different from any other vetting, thought they all pass through the same process.
Totally different. Citizenship vetting is more like an investigation about everything you've done, and I mean everything. Whilst Garda vetting is just a copy and paste of criminal records on their computer/file. Traffic offenses and minor offenses are excluded.

In Citizenship vetting, everything about you that Gardai see as negative will be submitted to INIS. That is one of the reasons its in the ministers absolute discretion to grant or refuse citizenship and many people have been refused by previous Ministers because of nonsensical background negative checks. Alan Shatter is different though
that a bit strange to read. what if some one is working in security, retail and bar industry. They deal with garda on daily basis. many of people accuse them for things they never did. would that be included in Garda reports also. You have to be a saint to be completely clean in this way.

I know a friend who is a bouncer and his details has been taken hundred times by the garda in different cases. what about his situation then?

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:21 pm

saajo wrote:You have to be a saint to be completely clean in this way.
Well spot on, the system was designed that you be a Saint in order to receive Irish citizenship. Even having availed of Social welfare in the past would have tainted your good character. That's why its an honor and a privilege to grant "Irish" citizenship.

I should note that this is not the case with the new Minister. People dont have to be a saint to be granted Irish Citizenship anymore e'g minor traffic offenses are forgiven, some negative minor behaviours are forgiven, you can avail for any type of social welfare etc
Last edited by IntegratedMigrant on Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:27 pm

saajo wrote:what if some one is working in security, retail and bar industry. They deal with garda on daily basis. many of people accuse them for things they never did. would that be included in Garda reports also. I know a friend who is a bouncer and his details has been taken hundred times by the garda in different cases. what about his situation then?
In this Situation his job would reflect as to reasons why he has been numerous times at the adverse attention of the Gardai.

Nothing will be hold against him in this sense unless he has been found guilty in one of the cases that had been reported to the Gardai.

Whenever your friend is applying for citizenship, its advisable that he indicates that he has been in the adverse attention of the Gardai and give more details as to why.

Angel592
Member of Standing

Post by Angel592 » Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:20 pm

I applied in November 2011 and everytime I send them an email I get the same answer.. I think my application is still in the second stage since September 2012!
Anyway, I got a new job (first ever job :D) just started a few weeks ago (still haven't got my first paycheck) and I was wondering, should I tell the INIS, and if so, would that help in speeding up my application? Any ideas? :( :(

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:24 pm

Angel592 wrote:Anyway, I got a new job (first ever job :D) just started a few weeks ago (still haven't got my first paycheck) and I was wondering, should I tell the INIS, and if so, would that help in speeding up my application? Any ideas? :( :(
It may nor may not speed up your application, but its something positive really. Being the fact that its your first time ever to work, it'll make a positive impact on your application rather than negative.

INIS will know your just not taking state benefits without the need for work and that you're doing your best to get a job.

Mimmi2003
Newly Registered

Post by Mimmi2003 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:57 pm

Hello Everyone!
Happy April Fools Day!
Please could anyone who knows tell me if one ever receives Naturalisation Approval letter and the Invitation to the Citizenship Ceremony at the same time.
Approximately how long does it take between receiving letter of Approval and Ceremony inivation one? Has anyone any experience about this or knows someone who has? I will be grateful if anyone has some idea.
Thanks in advance!

daka
Newly Registered

Post by daka » Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:04 pm

I applied on:10/2011 received notice of my application proceeded successfully to the second stage on 25/07/2012 basis to irish born child have my stamp 4 from 2001 coming to ireland 2000

i don't know why they forget me they have another ceremonie or not ?

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:14 pm

daka wrote:I applied on:10/2011 received notice of my application proceeded successfully to the second stage on 25/07/2012 basis to irish born child have my stamp 4 from 2001 coming to ireland 2000

i don't know why they forget me they have another ceremonie or not ?
For some reasons the delay was from the first stage of your application. It took a long time for your application to progress successfully to the second stage. And now its in the second stage, I hope you'll hear a response from them by 3 months time as long as your case is not complex

daka
Newly Registered

Post by daka » Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:41 pm

thanks so much I hope i hear from them in 3 month

yankeegirl

Post by yankeegirl » Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:46 pm

I was asked to provide criminal check from PSNI bcos l live in Northern Ireland
Did they write to you and ask you for this? Was it easy to obtain from the PSNI?

I'm also in Northern Ireland, and am just curious about what the process was for you. I'm putting in my application soon. Congratulations on the quick decision!

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:12 am

yankeegirl wrote:
Did they write to you and ask you for this? Was it easy to obtain from the PSNI?

I'm also in Northern Ireland, and am just curious about what the process was for you. I'm putting in my application soon. Congratulations on the quick decision!
It was really easy for the OP to obtain the criminal check from PSNI. It took him less than a month to obtain that if im correct. Here in Ireland it takes our beloved Gardai anything from 3 months to 2 years.

filish11

Post by filish11 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:56 pm

Afrocommonwealth wrote:
Virgo wrote:
Afrocommonwealth wrote:
laulipau wrote:You were just approved! It's the fastest approval as far as I know.
Send everything they asked you and just wait for the cerimony invitation letter.
Word Record!!!

Thanks for that. I still can not believe that. Just under two months. Once submitted all documents.what next pls?

Hey congrats was really quick cant believe it:-O any way can u tell us on what basis u applied for ?
Applied in feb 2013 on the basis of marriage to Irish citizen
I'm the same, applied as spouse of Irish Citizenship but I haven't receive any approval yet and I think mine is still waitign for Gardai report which I think second stage. Congratulations! That was really quick. :)

Afrocommonwealth

Answer and help

Post by Afrocommonwealth » Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:56 pm

IntegratedMigrant wrote:
yankeegirl wrote:

It was really easy for the OP to obtain the criminal check from PSNI. It took him less than a month to obtain that if im correct. Here in Ireland it takes our beloved Gardai anything from 3 months to 2 years.

I was asked to supply criminal check from PSNI. Got it from PSNI under 2 weeks. And forwarded it straight away to citizenship section. The approval letter came from initial processing team. Just posted cert fee and passport photos without GNID card bcos l do not have one and not living in the south of Ireland[/list]

moro1

Post by moro1 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:59 pm

I got my P60 for this year should I send it to them or just don't bother. considering they already have the ones from the previous 2 years and school college letters bank statements and other documents.

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:53 pm

moro1 wrote:I got my P60 for this year should I send it to them or just don't bother. considering they already have the ones from the previous 2 years and school college letters bank statements and other documents.
Dont bother at all. Its of no use in your case and may delay your application.

moro1

Post by moro1 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:39 pm

IntegratedMigrant wrote:
moro1 wrote:I got my P60 for this year should I send it to them or just don't bother. considering they already have the ones from the previous 2 years and school college letters bank statements and other documents.
Dont bother at all. Its of no use in your case and may delay your application.
Thanks, why do you think it might delay my case ? I emailed them today and got the same reply

Your application is currently being processed with a view to establishing
whether it meets the statutory conditions for the granting of
naturalisation, such as good character and lawful residence, and will be
submitted to the Minister for decision as expeditiously as possible.

Dochtúir
Newly Registered

Post by Dochtúir » Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:22 pm

dear friends i called inis today i asked about my case she told me that my case decision might b coming after may ceremony i asked why are taking extra timing she said we are waiting for garda report i asked that u are waiting for this report for more than 6 months and i have discussed this with garda vetting they have informed that cases sent in oct have already been sent in december she said might b they have my clearance but they r short of staff but when i asked y other ppl are getting approval despite they have applied after me then she said they might b lucky :) i was shocked wt she said lucky i have applied in feb 2012 and initially they told me my case is normal and there is no difficulty in the case i have no criminal record or penalties but i dont know y they are taking so long is it becoz of my nationality as i am from Pakistan

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:38 pm

moro1 wrote:Thanks, why do you think it might delay my case ?
If they are done with the inquiries about you in the Revenue, they may make a fresh inquiry if you send your p60.
Its best to leave it as it is because even social welfare applicants get citizenship as normal as everyone else.

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:42 pm

Dochtúir wrote:dear friends i called inis today i asked about my case she told me that my case decision might b coming after may ceremony
Hey guys. Based on Dochtúir comment, it seems like INIS now know the next ceremony date!.

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:47 pm

Dochtúir wrote:i dont know y they are taking so long is it becoz of my nationality as i am from Pakistan
Your nationality has nothing to do with it. INIS do not discriminate. Not with Alan Shatter as far as im concern. Like they said, most people could be lucky.

Now I must inform you that that "lucky" comes in by who handles you application. If the staff handling your application isn't fast enough (lazy). your application could be delayed.

moro1

Post by moro1 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:02 am

IntegratedMigrant wrote:
moro1 wrote:Thanks, why do you think it might delay my case ?
If they are done with the inquiries about you in the Revenue, they may make a fresh inquiry if you send your p60.
Its best to leave it as it is because even social welfare applicants get citizenship as normal as everyone else.
Thanks, hopefully we hear some good news soon it's a year and 4 months now

yearofsnake
Newly Registered

Post by yearofsnake » Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:56 pm

Hello,everyone. If there were no social welfare has been cliam and did not work (no tax is paid) since i came to this country on 1997, will that affect applyig citizenship? I was 16 when i came to Ireland and spend two years in boarding school, after that i study in a language school and college for four year but never work becoz my boyfriend was backing me , then we got married on 2005 so that i grant spouse visa (stamp 3 ,not allow to work),my husband got his citizenship on 2009 so i convert my stamp3 to stamp4 on 2010, and we got divorced on 2012 Dec, but before divorced i was already working in a hotel for five months long, then quit it on Jan 2013, so basically i only paid five months tax to revenue office, i am worry if this wiil affect the decision from minister to grant me the citizenshio or not? Thanks very much!!

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:52 pm

yearofsnake wrote:Hello,everyone. If there were no social welfare has been cliam and did not work (no tax is paid) since i came to this country on 1997, will that affect applyig citizenship? I was 16 when i came to Ireland and spend two years in boarding school, after that i study in a language school and college for four year but never work becoz my boyfriend was backing me , then we got married on 2005 so that i grant spouse visa (stamp 3 ,not allow to work),my husband got his citizenship on 2009 so i convert my stamp3 to stamp4 on 2010, and we got divorced on 2012 Dec, but before divorced i was already working in a hotel for five months long, then quit it on Jan 2013, so basically i only paid five months tax to revenue office, i am worry if this wiil affect the decision from minister to grant me the citizenshio or not? Thanks very much!!
I've read this post somewhere haven't I?

One of the reasons that INIS check social welfare on citizenship applicants nowadays is to ensure you did not defraud the system which will result in automatic denial of citizenship.

Now with that said, INIS will see that based on your stamp 3, you werent allowed to work for a certain period and when you did get your stamp 4, you tried and got yourself a job.

Every case in treated differently but I dont think that being on social welfare for that long will affect your application.