ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EC Application - My Findings

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

AkashS
Member of Standing

Post by AkashS » Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:21 am

Hi,

Any idea if we can submit the application online through www.vfs-uk.co.in? What we need to do after submitting the app.... :)

Regards,

Akash...

hsmp.applicant2007

Post by hsmp.applicant2007 » Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:00 am

Hi all,

I got my EC today! Many thanks to everybody on the forum for their assistance and support. This forum has been the only source of information that I relied on and the level of support and knowledge has always exceeded my expectations.

Best wishes to all applicants and thanks once again :)

chakritsus

Post by chakritsus » Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:42 pm

sunil.suneel wrote:Thanks chakri ...

Another question would be would we need to mention all this on the cover page for EC like the conversion of the bank balance into pounds etc ....

What would be the ideal format of arranging the EC application ?

Any reference to the Cover page of EC ?
I have shown the the conversion in my financial statement from Bank..

I did not write a cover letter. But I guess if you have it , it will be good..

Chakri

AkashS
Member of Standing

Post by AkashS » Sat Feb 10, 2007 5:11 am

hsmp.applicant2007 wrote:Hi all,

I got my EC today! Many thanks to everybody on the forum for their assistance and support. This forum has been the only source of information that I relied on and the level of support and knowledge has always exceeded my expectations.

Best wishes to all applicants and thanks once again :)
Hey.. Congrats Man... U r right that this Forum is the Best to get Information and Support on HSMP. All members are doing well and supporting each other with their capability...

Kudos to ALL :)

freebirds

Post by freebirds » Sat Feb 10, 2007 8:34 am

guys,

what i understand is ..now...we dont need job offers and accomodation letters to get the stamping...am i right

looks like chakri and hsmp28... didnt submit anything related to accomodation and job letters....if this is the case , i can go next week for stamping..

and both of them weren't called for medical..strange mate

thanks,

hsmp28122006
Member of Standing

Post by hsmp28122006 » Sat Feb 10, 2007 12:35 pm

freebirds wrote:guys,

what i understand is ..now...we dont need job offers and accomodation letters to get the stamping...am i right

looks like chakri and hsmp28... didnt submit anything related to accomodation and job letters....if this is the case , i can go next week for stamping..

and both of them weren't called for medical..strange mate

thanks,
I had submitted online hotel booking confirmation from booking.com as an accomodation proof. I had booked a hotel for 1 month, will cancel it now as I got the Visa.

Hope this clears your doubt!

freebirds

Post by freebirds » Sat Feb 10, 2007 5:23 pm

hi hsmp2..

so that means, u dont need to put any job offer letters bla bla bla

and were u not called for medical...strange..

btw ..whats the platform u work on.....i guess u r into IT.

i keep getting job calls, but u know what..they say again..that local candidates are being prioritized..u feel like u almost got the job..but u never know..where u land in..

its all luck

webhunter
Member of Standing

Post by webhunter » Sat Feb 10, 2007 5:37 pm

from what I am aware of, " no one will give you a job unless you are in UK " (ok, I know those one in a million cases, but let's not get into that).

And I can be 100% sure that a job offer is not required for EC. After all they are aware that you are going to UK to find a job and work.

so all those applying EC, dont break your heads on having a firm job offer for your EC application.

hsmp28122006
Member of Standing

Post by hsmp28122006 » Sun Feb 11, 2007 5:37 am

freebirds wrote:hi hsmp2..

so that means, u dont need to put any job offer letters bla bla bla

and were u not called for medical...strange..

btw ..whats the platform u work on.....i guess u r into IT.

i keep getting job calls, but u know what..they say again..that local candidates are being prioritized..u feel like u almost got the job..but u never know..where u land in..

its all luck
Yes, webhunter is correct. Job offer is not at all required for EC. I am in Embedded systems, telecom field. No medical was done. I submitted Visa application in VFS Bangalore on Monday, and got the passport back with Visa on coming Friday!

docitduo

Post by docitduo » Sun Feb 11, 2007 12:51 pm

Did you request for your EC to be valid from 25-Feb verbally or through a cover letter ??

regards
from_india wrote:OK. Today, the Entry Clearance was issued to me and my family. No Medical, No interview. Period.

One point to note: I had requested the EC to be valid from 25 FEB, but I got it to be valid from the date it was stamped. So either I didnt highlight my need properly or they just didnt care about what i requested. Anyway. Good to get the EC. Now see you guys in London!

This forum helped me immensely, and I will be glad to repay a bit of that on every apportunity. So please dont hesitate to ask your queries!!

docitduo

Post by docitduo » Sun Feb 11, 2007 1:05 pm

I received HSMP approval under the old rules, and I am now preparing to apply for EC. An IELTS report or letter from university was not a mandatory requirement under old rules.

Given the new HSMP rules where proof of English proficiency is now mandatory, will I need to provide the same for EC ??

Any fellow members who were approved under old rules but have applied for EC after the new rules came into force are requested to share their experiences. I will be applying for EC from India.

regards

webhunter
Member of Standing

Post by webhunter » Sun Feb 11, 2007 1:06 pm

From what I am aware of, there is no such thing as Verbal Requests.

There must be a field on the form which asks you 'When do you want to arrive in the UK'. That is the date they would probably give the visa from.

hsmp28122006
Member of Standing

Post by hsmp28122006 » Sun Feb 11, 2007 1:37 pm

webhunter,

they will issue the visa to be valid from next day of issuance of visa. it does not depend upon when you want to arrive in UK.

webhunter
Member of Standing

Post by webhunter » Sun Feb 11, 2007 1:51 pm

Umm.. that's interesting , atleast when I applied for EC, I am certain there was such a field. Cant remember whether it was for the US, UK or Australia though ..

hsmp28122006
Member of Standing

Post by hsmp28122006 » Sun Feb 11, 2007 1:55 pm

Yes there was a field. but no matter whatever you write in that field, they will issue the visa date to be valid from the next day of issuance date.

hsmp28122006
Member of Standing

Post by hsmp28122006 » Sun Feb 11, 2007 1:56 pm

I had written that I intend to arrive UK on 15th March, but they have give the visa from 08/02/2007.

docitduo

Post by docitduo » Sun Feb 11, 2007 4:05 pm

I am applying for EC in last week of February and requesting for the EC to be valid from 15-Apr onwards. Let's see what they do ....

regards
hsmp28122006 wrote:I had written that I intend to arrive UK on 15th March, but they have give the visa from 08/02/2007.

mayana

Post by mayana » Tue Feb 13, 2007 7:47 am

sunil.suneel Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:14 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guys ...

A few questions ..... Chakri please help

Whats the ideal amount to be shown as the bank balance ???

Also what is the property that needs to be shown ???

Is it required to get the CA work on the property that we hold and give a summary ???

Cheers,
Sunil
*The ideal amount on your bank statement depends on the number of your dependant.
*If you have proof of property purchase you can add it or better still you can leave it blank. the more document you submit the more problems you create.
*Yes its important to give a defendable :lol: summary.

AkashS
Member of Standing

Post by AkashS » Tue Feb 13, 2007 9:00 am

ukjobsforme wrote:I received HSMP approval under the old rules, and I am now preparing to apply for EC. An IELTS report or letter from university was not a mandatory requirement under old rules.

Given the new HSMP rules where proof of English proficiency is now mandatory, will I need to provide the same for EC ??

Any fellow members who were approved under old rules but have applied for EC after the new rules came into force are requested to share their experiences. I will be applying for EC from India.

regards
You will not required to produce IELTS Result or similar things... I also applied for HSMP under old rule and now I am going to apply for EC next week... No IELTS etc is required....

sunil.suneel
Member of Standing

Post by sunil.suneel » Wed Feb 14, 2007 5:16 pm

ukjobsforme wrote:I am applying for EC in last week of February and requesting for the EC to be valid from 15-Apr onwards. Let's see what they do ....

regards
hsmp28122006 wrote:I had written that I intend to arrive UK on 15th March, but they have give the visa from 08/02/2007.
Well it is still very unclear as to what needs to be done to get the EC on our specified dates ....

As mostly seen it is fromthe date the visa is stamped ... but we also have some cases where in there was stamping as on the requested dates....

Members who got the visa stamping on a future date please share your experiences ....

It would be a great help to the others who would be applying for EC very soon ....

sunil.suneel
Member of Standing

Post by sunil.suneel » Thu Feb 15, 2007 6:21 am

Anybody else applying for EC or already applied would like to share your experience ???

kinjiru

Post by kinjiru » Sat Feb 17, 2007 12:35 pm

Anybody recieved response for EC, please share experiences

sunil.suneel
Member of Standing

Post by sunil.suneel » Sun Feb 18, 2007 3:06 am

Guys applying for EC and those already applied and expecting response please share ..... :D

docitduo

Post by docitduo » Thu Feb 22, 2007 1:33 pm

Had received HSMP approval in November 2006. Aiming to apply for EC next week (from Bangalore (India)).

Here's what I will be submitting:

1. Cover letter requesting for a post dated EC (effective 15-Apr onwards).

EC documentation:
1. Duly filled and signed VAF1 application form.
2. Demand draft for INR 7650 on account of visa fees.
3. Passport No. 1234567
4. Income Tax Return (in original) for assessment year 2006-2007.
5. Original pay slips covering 4 months (Nov. ’06 - Feb. ‘07).
6. Original bank account statements covering last 4 months (Oct. ’06 – Feb. ‘07)

Co-sponsor documentation:
7. Letter from co-sponsor confirming financial support.
8. Copy of tenancy agreement and letter from housing authority confirming accommodation.
9. Original pay slips of co-sponsor covering 4 months (Oct. ‘06 - Jan ’07).
10. Original bank account statements of co-sponsor covering last 4 months (Oct. ’06 – Jan. ’07).

HSMP related documentation (file folder) which includes:
11. Original HSMP approval letter dated 16-Nov-06 (Reference No. 08XXXX).
12. Original MBA degree from University of XYZ.
13. Reference letter from ABC Private Limited (3 pages).
14. Reference letter from DEF Private Limited (2 pages).
15. Reference letter from GHI Overseas Limited (2 pages).
16. Reference letter from ex-manager on “JKL” company letterhead (2 pages).
17. Reference letter from ex-manager on “MNO Technologies” company letterhead (2 pages).
18. Letter confirming employment tenure on “GHI Overseas Ltd.” company letterhead (1 page).
19. Income Tax return (in original) for assessment year 1999 – 2000 (1 page).
20. Letter from employer confirming salary earned between Oct. ’05 and Sep. ’06 (1 page).
21. Original pay slips covering the 12 month period from Oct. ’05 to Sep. ’06 (12 pages).
22. Original bank account statements covering the 12 month period from Oct. ’05 to Sep. ’06 (7 pages).
23. Original letter of comparability from NARIC dated 30-Aug-06

regards

sunil.suneel
Member of Standing

Post by sunil.suneel » Thu Feb 22, 2007 2:16 pm

wooo .... thats a pretty exhaustive list mate .....

Can you clarify if you had a word with the VFS guys before you proceeded with your application and document collection ???

All the best for your EC ....

Let us know what hapenned ??? :D