ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Pending Appeal and applicant completes 10 year Legal Stay

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Vik22
Newly Registered

Re: Pending Appeal and applicant completes 10 year Legal Sta

Post by Vik22 » Wed Feb 18, 2015 1:50 pm

Thanks a lot Obie

smir
Member of Standing
India

Post by smir » Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:32 pm

If we apply ILR we need to send originals

That is degree plus liuk test

What if HO put Hold on file and holds the documents ??

and means time in appeal comes and we are without out originals?
Obie wrote:
Vik22 wrote:Do you know any other application which I can do that are in accordance with their policy?

Many thanks

You can do an ILR application, it will be voided though, but will be linked to your file and sent to the HOPO.

smir
Member of Standing
India

Post by smir » Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:42 pm

Here it goes

One of my friend who got refusal from ftt for Business visa appeal,
Applied ILR before he got ftt decision of refusal

Then again they also applied appeal to ftt for UTT then

By grace of God both got ILR approved today and even received their passport

Still they are waiting for dates for UTT

Amazing

Obie wrote:He will most likely receive a notice of invalidity.

He can only apply after Section 3C elapses.

The barrister did not do his work properly, unfortunately.

avylon
Newly Registered

Post by avylon » Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:17 pm

@obie @smir HO had accepted our applications while our decision was pending at UTT. HO had recently sent us our passports and asks us to write the LIUK and submit the results along with the passports and tryn close our file by MAY end. Just a month back we were thinking of packing up and returning back, now This the greatest miracle of our lives..! Thank you all for ur support....

Hurray! Praise God

smir
Member of Standing
India

Post by smir » Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:03 pm

Mashallah

Means HO accepted though appeal is pending
avylon wrote:@obie @smir HO had accepted our applications while our decision was pending at UTT. HO had recently sent us our passports and asks us to write the LIUK and submit the results along with the passports and tryn close our file by MAY end. Just a month back we were thinking of packing up and returning back, now This the greatest miracle of our lives..! Thank you all for ur support....

Hurray! Praise God

Omor4real

Post by Omor4real » Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:29 pm

smir wrote:Mashallah

avylon wrote:@obie @smir HO had accepted our applications while our decision was pending at UTT. HO had recently sent us our passports and asks us to write the LIUK and submit the results along with the passports and tryn close our file by MAY end. Just a month back we were thinking of packing up and returning back, now This the greatest miracle of our lives..! Thank you all for ur support....

Hurray! Praise God
This is good news, finger crossed i will receive mine too, because people with exactly timeline as mine have ready receive their approval. i called UKVI today though and the person i spoke to said is still with the caseworker for the past three weeks for consideration.

smir
Member of Standing
India

Post by smir » Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:05 pm

Brother Avylon

Was reading your old post

It says you lost right to work when you were waiting for decision from UTT

How was it ?

When your appeal was still pending how you lost

Can you please throw some light that how your right to work was quashed ?

quote="avylon"]@obie @smir HO had accepted our applications while our decision was pending at UTT. HO had recently sent us our passports and asks us to write the LIUK and submit the results along with the passports and tryn close our file by MAY end. Just a month back we were thinking of packing up and returning back, now This the greatest miracle of our lives..! Thank you all for ur support....

Hurray! Praise God[/quote]

Omor4real

Post by Omor4real » Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:26 pm

Smir he made ILR application while awaiting FTT decision for an appeal hearing they had,
so when his workplace asked for proof of right to work he gave them the ILR acknowledge letter, and from mine understanding if his company request for employment check it will come back as negative.

So rather than give them the acknowledge letter, he should have just give his employer an update of his appeal and if they check with UKVI is right to work will still be intact.

The same thing happen to me except that am still waiting for appeal hearing, and have made an application as well. When employer asked for proof of right to work in January i just gave them my appeal details and have not heard anything from them since, so am assuming everything went fine.
smir wrote:Brother Avylon

How was it ?

quote="avylon"]@obie @smir HO had accepted our applications while our decision was pending at UTT. HO had recently sent us our passports and asks us to write the LIUK and submit the results along with the passports and tryn close our file by MAY end. Just a month back we were thinking of packing up and returning back, now This the greatest miracle of our lives..! Thank you all for ur support....

Hurray! Praise God
[/quote]

smir
Member of Standing
India

Post by smir » Wed Mar 18, 2015 3:29 pm

Thanks Brother Omor4real

So it means that even if your appeal is pending and you apply your 10 year ILR.. it dosent affect your right to work.. right to work still continues till you have appeal that is pending decision..

any way

what was your time line brother ?

when did you applied ILR and when is your appeal hearing ?

still no letter from HO that application is valid or invalid ?

Omor4real wrote:Smir he made ILR application while awaiting FTT decision for an appeal hearing they had,
so when his workplace asked for proof of right to work he gave them the ILR acknowledge letter, and from mine understanding if his company request for employment check it will come back as negative.

So rather than give them the acknowledge letter, he should have just give his employer an update of his appeal and if they check with UKVI is right to work will still be intact.

The same thing happen to me except that am still waiting for appeal hearing, and have made an application as well. When employer asked for proof of right to work in January i just gave them my appeal details and have not heard anything from them since, so am assuming everything went fine.
smir wrote:Brother Avylon

How was it ?

Hurray! Praise God
[/quote]

smir
Member of Standing
India

Post by smir » Wed Mar 18, 2015 3:33 pm

Attention

I contacted my friends who got ILR while they were waiting decision for date for UTT

Straight after their hearing in FTT, the next day they applied ILR.... after applying ILR they got refusal from FTT with permission to appeal..

till then their ILR application was with HO..

then they were late in filing appeal to UTT.. and the UTT refused their appeal as it was 2 days late.. their lawyer still is waiting for reply from UTT

and after 2 months they got ILR..

Omor4real wrote:
smir wrote:Mashallah

Hurray! Praise God
This is good news, finger crossed i will receive mine too, because people with exactly timeline as mine have ready receive their approval. i called UKVI today though and the person i spoke to said is still with the caseworker for the past three weeks for consideration.

avylon
Newly Registered

Post by avylon » Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:28 am

@smir Yeah brother we had been asked to submit LIUK recent letter which also includes our passports!!! It is a Miracle. @Obie also said that if HO accepts our case it is a Miracle...
In short--While we were awaiting a decision from FTT(which we had attended couple of days before applying) we had put a fresh ILR and when we applied and our Sec 3c & 3d voids and we lost our jobs, file had been accepted, biometrics done. But before this recent letter in January we had received a letter asking us to call up UKVI detention center to arrange a return. But soon after that we had requested our MP to represent with a supporting letter and then all this positive things have happened.

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:28 am

avylon wrote:@smir Yeah brother we had been asked to submit LIUK recent letter which also includes our passports!!! It is a Miracle. @Obie also said that if HO accepts our case it is a Miracle...
In short--While we were awaiting a decision from FTT(which we had attended couple of days before applying) we had put a fresh ILR and when we applied and our Sec 3c & 3d voids and we lost our jobs, file had been accepted, biometrics done. But before this recent letter in January we had received a letter asking us to call up UKVI detention center to arrange a return. But soon after that we had requested our MP to represent with a supporting letter and then all this positive things have happened.
Did u complete 10 years on your hearing date?

If yes did u add additional grounds on your hearing ?
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

avylon
Newly Registered

Post by avylon » Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:17 am

@zee ali. No we were just 5days short for 10yrs.

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:43 pm

avylon wrote:@zee ali. No we were just 5days short for 10yrs.
ok

and u didn't try to convince the judge as well that it's only 5 days?

what kind of visa refusal hearing that was?
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

smir
Member of Standing
India

Post by smir » Fri Mar 20, 2015 3:04 pm

Thanks brother

I am happy to hear case about urs

Anyway

I don't think your section 3c or 3d ended because you applied ILR

But I think once you applied ILR the ftt mean time have refusal but as you didn't appealed in UTT your time elapsed and you lost right to work isn't it ???

Please let me know is it correct ?

Also what ftt said ! And did you put appeal in UTT mean time ?

Pl
avylon wrote:@smir Yeah brother we had been asked to submit LIUK recent letter which also includes our passports!!! It is a Miracle. @Obie also said that if HO accepts our case it is a Miracle...

avylon
Newly Registered

Post by avylon » Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:07 pm

Sorry Guys was away from this post for a while, was in so much happy mood and we were just thinking how this had happened as we had got the ILR so easily. We still do thank God without His will this wouldn't had been possible. Hope everything is going well with @obie @smir and other guys.. tc

smir
Member of Standing
India

Dependants of LR settled person

Post by smir » Sat Oct 31, 2015 5:38 pm

Alhamdulilah

Set ILR granted

Applied FLR FP March 2014

Refused July 2014

10 year finish Dec 2014, sent additional grounds to tribunal and HO appeal unit

Appeal listed Feb 2015 but then moved further to July 2015

Appeal allowed,judge was reluctant to allow but barrister argued on CID of HO

HO appeal officer agreed to remit them back the case

HO asked to fill SET LR form and send them back, I did send in September

Approval letter received 30th October, dated 26th October
Non of documents returned but only passport returned to me

31st October received letter from DX courier that we missed you to deliver BRP card, as some one misinformed at property that I left since 2 months, so HO has told them to put it on hold till I request them and they are satisfied

Make Dua

With my approval I also received refusal of my dependent wife and UK born baby

Appeal was allowed for both of then but they give reason
1. Wife didn't submit English test - though I requested her passport back but they never replied back

2. Daughter born in the UK but non of parents are settled in UK - wierd as just before they mention that father got ILR

Guide. Me seniors on this please

Now lastly special thanks to Amber, Obie, Sudhmehta, Omor4real, Ihope and specially Zee Ali who was more worried about me

Zajakallah for help and guidance May Allah reward u all with guidance

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Nov 01, 2015 1:08 pm

With regards to the course of action for your dependants, continue here.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!