ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

2016 Citizenship Approvals

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mCGIW

Re: 2016 Citizenship Approvals

Post by mCGIW » Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:03 pm

KingdomMan wrote:Every single application passes through the Further Processing LSR Team and the team is saddled with the responsibility of finally collating and preparing a submission to the Minister for Justice recommending for an approval. An applicant's file gets to the Team after Garda vetting and departmental checks ((Second stage) and if the need arises, they further demand more documentation and/ or clarification from an applicant and then move to the stage of submitting your file to the Minister (Advanced stage) for her approval.
Thanks for the detailed reply. As I wished once before I would once again wish and pray for your approval at the earliest.

dhruv87

Post by dhruv87 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:24 pm

Finally m in now. Kingdom man u r great.To b honest u guys r doing a good work here really by sharing views nd timlines of approvals.
As m confused bout my timline if anyone having or had same situation like me pleas can give me any opinion.

I apllied naturalisation on eufam4 (merried) base last year..
Applied on 20 june 2015
Confimation 29 june 2015
Second stage15 sep 2015
Approval waiting.....
As my visa was expiring 10 dec 2015 i applied on 19th oct 2015.
I emailed them 5 dec2015 about my visa to eutreaty nd they replied ..bcose of the volum of the applications it mey take 14 weeks before any letter issued from this department (office).
Anyone have any Idea pleas.
Thanks

dublinNorth29
Newly Registered

Post by dublinNorth29 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:03 pm

Applied first week of October 2015
First letter 15th Ooctober 2015
Second letter still pending...

Is it normal to be still awaiting 2nd stage letter 3 months on?
When I emailed, they said they can't give me a time as my application is out gathering reports to see if I am of good character.

Based on peoples experience, any chance of it being completed within 6 months of application i.e April?

Thanks in advance

delad
Newly Registered

Post by delad » Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:08 pm

delad wrote:Hi all,
I applied for my citizenship on 2nd August

2nd stage letter received in September

Expecting approval...

However I applied for EU FAM extension in 1st week of Dec and yet to get a response, but my stamp expires today. How great is the impact on my citizenship application.

Thanks
Hi all,
I got my approval today :D but my GNIB expires 7 days ago and still expecting renewal. DO I send the recently expired GNIB or wait for renewal before sending it. Any advice would be appreciated.

Regards

green2016

Post by green2016 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:11 pm

hi

here is the reply from gnib after 6 weeks after applying for eu treaty rights

Applications are processed in chronological order. Due to the very large
volume of applications on hand, it may take a further 10 - 12 weeks before
a response is issued from this office. Once your documents have been
processed, they will be returned to you and any outstanding documents will
be requested.

applied on nov 6th

email sent on
dec /15/15

reply on same date

Regards

Best regards,

EU Treaty Rights Unit
Residence Division
Irish Naturalisation & Immigration Service
13-14 Burgh Quay
Dublin 2

KingdomMan

Post by KingdomMan » Wed Jan 20, 2016 6:55 am

dhruv87 wrote:Finally m in now. Kingdom man u r great.To b honest u guys r doing a good work here really by sharing views nd timlines of approvals.
As m confused bout my timline if anyone having or had same situation like me pleas can give me any opinion.

Applied on 20 june 2015
Confimation 29 june 2015
Second stage15 sep 2015
Approval waiting.....
I emailed them 5 dec2015 about my visa to eutreaty nd they replied ..bcose of the volum of the applications it mey take 14 weeks before any letter issued from this department (office).
Thanks
Thanks mate! Your visa renewal process will not have any adverse effect on your citizenship application as it is. Your visa renewal will come through too and you also stan the chance of getting a decision (approval) on your naturalisation anytime soon as well. Good luck!

KingdomMan

Post by KingdomMan » Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:07 am

dublinNorth29 wrote:Applied first week of October 2015

When I emailed, they said they can't give me a time as my application is out gathering reports to see if I am of good character.

Based on peoples experience, any chance of it being completed within 6 months of application i.e April?

Thanks in advance
Everything with your application is normal and you Definately stand a goo chance of getting a decision (approval) within 6months of your application barring any complex issue.

KingdomMan

Post by KingdomMan » Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:10 am

delad wrote:
delad wrote:Hi all,
I applied for my citizenship on 2nd August

2nd stage letter received in September

Expecting approval...

However I applied for EU FAM extension in 1st week of Dec and yet to get a response, but my stamp expires today. How great is the impact on my citizenship application.

Thanks
Hi all,
I got my approval today :D but my GNIB expires 7 days ago and still expecting renewal. DO I send the recently expired GNIB or wait for renewal before sending it. Any advice would be appreciated.

Regards
Congratulations on your approval. Send your expired GNIB card right away and no need to wait for a new one as they know all about you on their system.

dublinNorth29
Newly Registered

Post by dublinNorth29 » Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:34 pm

KingdomMan wrote:

Thanks in advance
Everything with your application is normal and you Definately stand a goo chance of getting a decision (approval) within 6months of your application barring any complex issue.
Thanks!

Hope your right...

brainy04

Post by brainy04 » Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:47 pm

Congrats to everybody for their approval. Just wondering if anybody have an idea about how long an application can stay in advanced stage. As i have been told after xmas that my application is in advanced stage. Kindly share your experience or opinion.

KingdomMan

Post by KingdomMan » Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:49 pm

dublinNorth29 wrote:
KingdomMan wrote:

Thanks in advance
Thanks!

Hope your right...
Yes if all you furnished here is correct and you should get a second stage correspondence anytime now from the INIS.

dhruv87

Post by dhruv87 » Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:51 pm

KingdomMan wrote:
dhruv87 wrote:Finally m in now. Kingdom man u r great.To b honest u guys r doing a good work here really by sharing views nd timlines of approvals.

Applied on 20 june 2015
Confimation 29 june 2015
Second stage15 sep 2015
Approval waiting.....
Thanks
Thanks mate! Your visa renewal process will not have any adverse effect on your citizenship application as it is. Your visa renewal will come through too and you also stan the chance of getting a decision (approval) on your naturalisation anytime soon as well. Good luck!
Thanks kingdoman.
I emailed to the naturalisation office regarding passport approval nd they replied that..they are checking my character nd lawful residency nd as soon we have that we will send to to minister for submission. ..
Any idea bro. How long it will be take more?
Another thing bro. If i got my eufam visa soon as u said nd the thing is my current passport is expiring on 29june.. will they give me visa on this passport or will they ask for to get new passport(apply new current passport) before we put visa stamp on it(as this passport will be expire with in 2-4 month) or will they give visa on current passport till when it is valid.
Thanks bro.

KingdomMan

Post by KingdomMan » Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:07 pm

dhruv87 wrote:
KingdomMan wrote:

Applied on 20 june 2015
Confimation 29 june 2015
Second stage15 sep 2015
Approval waiting.....
Thanks
Thanks kingdoman.
I emailed to the naturalisation office regarding passport approval nd they replied that..they are checking my character nd lawful residency nd as soon we have that we will send to to minister for submission. ..
Any idea bro. How long it will be take more?
Another thing bro. If i got my eufam visa soon as u said nd the thing is my current passport is expiring on 29june.. will they give me visa on this passport or will they ask for to get new passport(apply new current passport) before we put visa stamp on it(as this passport will be expire with in 2-4 month) or will they give visa on current passport till when it is valid.
Thanks bro.
Visa will be dated on passport within the validity of your current passport. However, I see the possibility of you getting a favourable decision (approval) on your naturalisation application way before June 29 as you mentioned.

KingdomMan

Post by KingdomMan » Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:17 pm

brainy04 wrote:Congrats to everybody for their approval. Just wondering if anybody have an idea about how long an application can stay in advanced stage. As i have been told after xmas that my application is in advanced stage. Kindly share your experience or opinion.
You may as well email the INIS again and they may likely reply you that your application has gone into FINAL STAGE. In my opinion, you may get your approval letter in the coming days/ 2 weeks.

Punjabi
Newly Registered

Post by Punjabi » Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:58 am

dublinNorth29 wrote:
KingdomMan wrote:

Thanks in advance
Thanks!

Hope your right...

Hi
He is right send your garda card quickly even its expire because it should valid till when mister sign or approved your application

Waisoo

Post by Waisoo » Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:11 am

Hello All,
i have applied for citizenship Jan 2015 got acknowledgement early Feb 2015 cleared the stage 2 in May 2015 but my GNIB card expired 31 March 2015 , got a letter from Citizenship to send Garda card copy in June but my renewal took long , finally got it sorted on 07th Jan 2016 send straight to citizeship department they said my application is in advance stage , lets see how it will work out , do i have a chance to attend next ceremony on approval ?
thanks
Waisoo

Waisoo

Post by Waisoo » Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:13 am

Waisoo wrote:Hello All,
i have applied for citizenship Jan 2015 got acknowledgement early Feb 2015 cleared the stage 2 in May 2015 but my GNIB card expired 31 March 2015 , got a letter from Citizenship to send Garda card copy in June but my renewal took long , finally got it sorted on 07th Jan 2016 send straight to citizeship department they said my application is in advance stage on 13th of this month, lets see how it will work out , do i have a chance to attend next ceremony on approval ?
thanks
Waisoo

KingdomMan

Post by KingdomMan » Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:29 am

Waisoo wrote:Hello All,
i have applied for citizenship Jan 2015 got acknowledgement early Feb 2015 cleared the stage 2 in May 2015 but my GNIB card expired 31 March 2015 , got a letter from Citizenship to send Garda card copy in June but my renewal took long , finally got it sorted on 07th Jan 2016 send straight to citizeship department they said my application is in advance stage , lets see how it will work out , do i have a chance to attend next ceremony on approval ?
thanks
Waisoo
No one knows or can say for sure if youll get approval and be in for coming ceremony but anything is possible now as your application is in advanced stage they informed you so keep positive and hope for the best soon.

Waisoo

Post by Waisoo » Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:11 am

Hi Again ,
you mean no one is sure about approval ? i think you probably saying because of gap ?

Waisoo

Post by Waisoo » Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:20 pm

thats the response from citizenship department

; I can confirm that your documents have been received and your application
is currently at an advanced stage of processing. While it is not possible
to give an exact timeframe, this office will be in touch with you as soon
as a decision has been reached.

Murphy123
Newly Registered

Post by Murphy123 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:15 pm

Hi
It's 7and half months now. I called them month ago they said application is in process than I called last week they said its on same place and no update.i emailed them today 20/01/2016 and they replay me "Your application is currently at an advanced stage of processing. While it
is not possible to give an exact timeframe
When I called them last week and I questioned them why it's taking too long she said we can't really say anything until minister approves it
with
Do anyone now what does it mean,should I expect the approved in next few days or weeks?

KingdomMan

Post by KingdomMan » Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:23 pm

Waisoo wrote:thats the response from citizenship department

; I can confirm that your documents have been received and your application
is currently at an advanced stage of processing. While it is not possible
to give an exact timeframe, this office will be in touch with you as soon
as a decision has been reached.
I meant your approval is most certain but no one can say for sure when exactly you will get your approval. The decision is solely that of the INIS.

KingdomMan

Post by KingdomMan » Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:29 pm

Murphy123 wrote:Hi
It's 7and half months now. I called them month ago they said application is in process than I called last week they said its on same place and no update.i emailed them today 20/01/2016 and they replay me "Your application is currently at an advanced stage of processing. While it
When I called them last week and I questioned them why it's taking too long she said we can't really say anything until minister approves it
with
Do anyone now what does it mean,should I expect the approved in next few days or weeks?
The reply is self explanatory and it is what it is. Advance stage meaning your application is being brought to finality and at a decision point now, so, give or take, your approval should issue soon and could be in days or couple of weeks. Looks good for you so stay calm.

Waisoo

Post by Waisoo » Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:51 pm

so we all are good uptill now the ceremony is in March/April , they have to issue around 4000 certificates plus election in May so Fine Gael Gov will make their votes

Waisoo

Post by Waisoo » Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:57 pm

KingdomMan wrote:
Murphy123 wrote:Hi
with
The reply is self explanatory and it is what it is. Advance stage meaning your application is being brought to finality and at a decision point now, so, give or take, your approval should issue soon and could be in days or couple of weeks. Looks good for you so stay calm.

the latest development to my application

;Your application is currently at an advanced stage of processing. You
should be hearing back from this office over the coming days.

Regards

Niall O'Callaghan
Citizenship Division