ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA PR card application

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ivetalopes
United Kingdom

Re: EEA PR card application

Post by ivetalopes » Tue May 24, 2016 11:59 am

Is it safe to assume that if the application is incomplete for whatever reason and they are not satisfied with the evidence documents provided they will return it back fairly quickly within 2 weeks?

Richard W
- thin ice -
England

Post by Richard W » Tue May 24, 2016 8:11 pm

No. There does not seem to be any policy of prompt refusal for obviously inadequate applications.

ivetalopes
United Kingdom

Post by ivetalopes » Tue May 24, 2016 9:30 pm

I read on another thread on here that all documents are initially reviewed by admin staff before they even reach a case worker.

I thought if that is the case and something is missing then the application will be refused

ivetalopes
United Kingdom

Post by ivetalopes » Tue Nov 08, 2016 1:08 pm

Hi

I am coming back to my original post as my husband received his permanent residence card after long 6 months so wanted to thank you all for the advice provided especially Noajtan :)

I's like to ask now that he has the permanent residence card can he apply for British passport straight away considering the fact that I am with dual nationality Bulgarian/British passports. We applied under Macarthy transitional arrangements. I have been reading online but still confused as to whether he needs to wait a year or not !

Also does he need to do English test and live in the uk test?

Thanks

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Tue Nov 08, 2016 1:14 pm

ivetalopes wrote:Hi

I am coming back to my original post as my husband received his permanent residence card after long 6 months so wanted to thank you all for the advice provided especially Noajtan :)

I's like to ask now that he has the permanent residence card can he apply for British passport straight away considering the fact that I am with dual nationality Bulgarian/British passports. We applied under Macarthy transitional arrangements. I have been reading online but still confused as to whether he needs to wait a year or not !

Also does he need to do English test and live in the uk test?

Thanks
Good news indeed.

Yes, the one benefit of a British spouse (in immigration terms) is that hubby may apply asap by making a Section 6(2) application to naturalise;
that is assuming all requirements have been/can be met - including proof of English and LITUK.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

ivetalopes
United Kingdom

Post by ivetalopes » Tue Nov 08, 2016 1:20 pm

Noajthan thank you :)

Could you point me in the right direction where to get that application form

is section 6(2) within the application?

also are there any official pages online where it is confirmed that he does not need to wait ....I trust your advice of course but just that i could not find any :)

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Tue Nov 08, 2016 1:32 pm

ivetalopes wrote:Noajthan thank you :)

Could you point me in the right direction where to get that application form

is section 6(2) within the application?

also are there any official pages online where it is confirmed that he does not need to wait ....I trust your advice of course but just that i could not find any :)
Its all here:
https://www.gov.uk/becoming-a-british-c ... w-to-apply
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

ivetalopes
United Kingdom

Post by ivetalopes » Tue Nov 08, 2016 2:18 pm

Thank you :)

We shall prepare for the tests now and when I start doing the if any queries I will return to you if that's ok :)

Thank you once again :)