ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New policy regarding passport names for dual nationals.

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Polvin
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: New policy regarding passport names for dual nationals.

Post by Polvin » Fri Aug 23, 2024 3:33 pm

Need some assistance as I’m planning to come to Europe for a holiday in December. I Born in South Africa and have always lived here. Both my parents are from the uk. One of the first things they did was that they made sure I got British passport straight away. I’ve actually had it longer than my sa passport. For some reason my mother spelt my first name one letter different between my uk passport and all my sa docs. It’s a variant spelling of the same name just a a one letter difference. The spelling on my uk passport is the nicer looking spelling but I’ve gone through schooling and university with the sa spelling so all the most important documents in my life is with that spelling. Most articles regarding the uks issue with different names seems to be them telling you to change the other countries passport. Obviously in this case It would be much easier to keep my sa spelling and change my uk one. Best case scenario would to have the passport issued with an observation. But in the event I have to change one I’d like to change by uk passports name. Is this possible ? I’m getting major anxiety from the docs listed on the online application for renewal as most of the listed docs just show initials in the sa such as a utility bill and drivers license. I’ve never lived in the uk so only the passport has this spelling surely it won’t be difficult. Really worried my passport won’t be ready come December.