ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

uk spouse visa on hold :(

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

levisworkedupon
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: uk spouse visa on hold :(

Post by levisworkedupon » Tue May 30, 2017 4:02 pm

Hey Gwf001
When did you give your biometrics and was your application priority?
You just wait till you get a call from vfs to collect your Passport and see if its stamped! Probably in 2 days i guess

frazy325

Post by frazy325 » Tue May 30, 2017 5:16 pm

Hi Gwf001,
It means your application on hold as per standard email they sent. In the email they stated documents and passport will be returned. Unfortunately, you have to wait for their further decision. I received the same email from VFS application processed with passport returned but no decision. By inquiry, UKVI mentioned decision is still to be made. It is bizarre that they are not processing application even requirements are met.

avivbr

Post by avivbr » Tue May 30, 2017 5:32 pm

Gwf001 wrote:Hi,
I received this supreme court mail 3weeks ago and yday i received application processed mail from vfs .
Today i got back my original documents without any decision.
What does that mean? Is it rejected? Or they haven't still went through my application.
Im very nervous.

Thanks,
Gwf001
At least you can take comfort in the fact that you got your passport back. My application is paused and my passport is being help by UKVI since Feb 14th. I feel so helpless without my passport.

qwerty85
Newly Registered

Post by qwerty85 » Tue May 30, 2017 5:45 pm

In regards to the supreme court case it refers to applications dealing with the couples income and how it affects the children if any (their human rights etc).

My question to all of you is do you have the minimum £18,600 required? if yes/no do you have any children involved with the application?

My lawyer claims no such hold has been made on applications so im just trying to find middle ground or some common denominators in all our apps.

Mine = unmarried couple - partner makes 30k - no children - application from Ghana - biometrics 28FEB2017 - sheffield received 01MAR2017 - no further info since

Anyone else have a similar straight forward applciation?

Thanks

Raj86
India

Post by Raj86 » Tue May 30, 2017 7:46 pm

Hello guys

Mine is been put on hold too
I applied in 3 Jan 2017 biom... same day.....
My income over 23k
No children
Employed ...
Married..... first time
And still been put on hold.....
so I really don't knw why Nd what's going on
And yap passport still with them.... haven't got it back yet....
Applied from india ....

tchindy
Newly Registered

Post by tchindy » Tue May 30, 2017 7:55 pm

From what I've searched online, this does not seem like the first time they have made this pause.

Mine = married couple - partner makes 22k - no children - application from Brazil - biometrics 13JAN2017 - received the pause notification on 07MAR2017 - no further information ever since

qwerty85
Newly Registered

Post by qwerty85 » Tue May 30, 2017 8:29 pm

I also received this on 26th MARCH 2017.

We are in receipt of a Visa Application for the above named person. We have noted that no pre-paid return envelope has been provided with the documents submitted by the above named applicant or their sponsor. Please provide a suitable sized envelope with appropriate postage so we can return all the supporting documents to your Sponsors UK address.

When a decision has been made, we will be unable to despatch your documents until we receive a pre-paid envelope.

Please send to:
Sheffield Visa Section
Vulcan House Iron, Floor 4
6 Millsands
Sheffield
S3 8NH

Please note that the applicant’s passport will not be despatched in this method and will instead be available for collection from the Visa Application Centre that the application was made at. Notification will be sent from the staff at the Visa Application Centre when the passport is ready for collection.

Kind regards,

Sheffield Visa Section

This is 3 weeks after receiving my application so if there is a hold i dont understand why there have not notified me. Fingers crossed maybe the hold is for specific reasons as their statement suggest.

I take it none of your incomes include savings? my partner makes 30k basic salary - the hold may include savings added onto basic salary to meet the minimum. Also the salary from your british/ uk partner may also be scrutinised in these cases so does you partner make that minimum on his/her own (without savings)?

thanks

Misskatie
United Kingdom

Post by Misskatie » Tue May 30, 2017 8:31 pm

My situation - married for 1 year. Annual salary £15,500 and £35,000 on savings. No children involved. Received the paused email 10 days after my partner submitted his biometrics on 8th April

levisworkedupon
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by levisworkedupon » Tue May 30, 2017 8:35 pm

My situation
No children , employed at 19000/Annum (No savings)
On Hold email on 5th March
Case is priority ( First Time )
Application made in Karachi with biometrics on 5th Feb

avivbr

Post by avivbr » Tue May 30, 2017 9:46 pm

British partner (sponsor) and myself are living outside of the UK.
Applied (bio taken 14 Feb 2017) as unmarried partner.
Both income are overseas salary based
Partner makes 18,200£
Applicant (me) makes 82,000£
Savings 16,700£

Received pause email on May 4th.
Enquiry service just says that it currently in progress and according to their service level standards it can take up to 24 weeks. I didn't find any reference to them stating they can hold the application for up to 30 weeks on their formal site.

I think whether you get your passport back in the meantime is a matter of the application center. If you are unfortunate to live where there is only such center you will wait for the pause to end without your passport :cry:

We both planned to live in the UK from June 25th. I am still hoping that the pause will end and a decision will arrive before our travel date as so many life decision are on hold because of the pause.

addy321
Newly Registered

Post by addy321 » Wed May 31, 2017 1:06 am

qwerty85 wrote:I applied for an unmarried partner visa. My partner and I been in a relationship in the UK over 4 years, I moved to Ghana and applied late February 2017. I received receipt confirmation via email from sheffield on 1st March.

I havent received anything since - its only through this forum im hearing about this hold so ive also emailed my lawyer in london to findout more about it.

Should I be worried? My partner earns £30k. I have been rejected before while i was in the UK as i lived there over 10years but was unable to get a "private life - indefinite leave" visa (no extenuating circumstances). Bar that im a squeeky clean dude, stayed in the UK over 10 years, been a relationship for over 4 years - stayed with my partner over 2years - had to make out of country app (which i was advised was my best option) so i did and now this hold thing has come up.

Should I be worried?

Thanks

Hi Qwerty85, I don't think you need to be worried. I am following one forum where few applicants have received their decisions recently which means, hold / pause is not for ALL applicants. However, it seems like home office have some huge backlog to deal with, therefore they are delaying decisions on application.
Good luck

qwerty85
Newly Registered

Post by qwerty85 » Wed May 31, 2017 1:32 am

Thanks addy321,

my lawyer seemed bewildered when i mentioned hold on settlement applications so i suspected it may be certain cases mainly involving outside salaries and kids.

which other forum is this? Ill confirm here if and when i receive any updates on my case as i hope you all will.

thanks again

Gwf001
Newly Registered

Post by Gwf001 » Wed May 31, 2017 5:03 am

Hi!
My partner income is way above the required minimum income. I was thinking of callong them to ask but I already got reply here saying its still on hold so I don't have to worry .

Thanks,
Gwf001

Gwf001
Newly Registered

Post by Gwf001 » Wed May 31, 2017 5:15 pm

frazy325 wrote:Hi Gwf001,
It means your application on hold as per standard email they sent. In the email they stated documents and passport will be returned. Unfortunately, you have to wait for their further decision. I received the same email from VFS application processed with passport returned but no decision. By inquiry, UKVI mentioned decision is still to be made. It is bizarre that they are not processing application even requirements are met.
Btw did u call them and ask !? Was it escalated for u? What did they actually ask u further?

Samundri kings
Newly Registered

Post by Samundri kings » Wed May 31, 2017 6:13 pm

Hi all.
Update on my case. Just received a email from the Home Office today they invited us for the interview at London next week in support of my application to make a decision on it.
Really upset and nervous , really don't know what they'll ask.
But fingers crossed let seee eee.
Please update if anyone recieve their update....

levisworkedupon
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by levisworkedupon » Wed May 31, 2017 6:19 pm

Dear Samundri Kings,
Do share your Interview.
Much Appreciated!

Raj86
India

Post by Raj86 » Wed May 31, 2017 9:29 pm

Samundri kings wrote:Hi all.
Update on my case. Just received a email from the Home Office today they invited us for the interview at London next week in support of my application to make a decision on it.

Please let us know what they said ....

addy321
Newly Registered

Post by addy321 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:47 am

Samundri kings wrote:Hi all.
Hi Samundri, good luck for your interview.
You have been called for interview in London so this means that you have applied for visa from inside the UK. Isn't it?

addy321
Newly Registered

Post by addy321 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:54 am

qwerty85 wrote:Thanks addy321,

my lawyer seemed bewildered when i mentioned hold on settlement applications so i suspected it may be certain cases mainly involving outside salaries and kids.

which other forum is this? Ill confirm here if and when i receive any updates on my case as i hope you all will.

thanks again
Hi Qwerty85, that forum is uk talk yankee. This forum includes people who applied from USA. Infact today couple of applicants on this forum have received decision email. According to forum the processing time for priority applications have increased to 29+ business days.

avivbr

Post by avivbr » Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:17 am

Hey guys,
Is there anyone here that applied outside the UK, received the pause email and received a decision?
If that endless pause is not enough they started to charge every enquiry by mail - 5 £, probably had too many enquiries because of the pause.

Misskatie
United Kingdom

Post by Misskatie » Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:50 pm

You also could call 0300 123 2241 option 2 from inside the Uk to speak to someone about the application. I tried to call today and they've stopped that number from working "while they make changes" This is absolutely ridiculous!

ukrainian2017
Newly Registered

Post by ukrainian2017 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:10 pm

I called last Tuesday to call center (outside the UK number given on website). Lady told me that she made an inquiry to UKVi and they should reply within 3-5 working days. If they don't, I should call again after given time and they write a complaint.
I called today the same number - it's out of the service! Instead, they have another number now on the website and it's totally different company and they told me they don't have any information about my application, they can't make inquiries to UKVI or write complaints!! She told me that she can tell me where is a complaint form and where to send it. For that, I paid £25!!!
So UKVI now changed provider and forbid them to make any inquiries!!!
I am furious!

Do not waste your time and money, seriously. The Lady on the phone told me "You can only wait for them to contact you".

Mohsin1987ali
Newly Registered

Post by Mohsin1987ali » Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:47 pm

Spouse visa application of my wife
Application submitted: 01.12.16
Biometric: 05.12.16
Application on hold email recieved: 09.03.17
In between online enquiries made
Always standard reply of 24 weeks received
27 may online enquiry made again
Reply reveived that they cant find my application
Made a phone call today to their new service which
I have to pay £20
He said there is no application on their system with
The ref i provided. So he took some details
And said they might get in touch with me.
More then 24 weeks now dont know what to do
Really Angry

avivbr

Post by avivbr » Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:01 pm

Mohsin1987ali wrote:Spouse visa application of my wife
I have to pay £20
Really Angry
Hey Mohsin,
Where did you apply from?
Is your passport also held by them in the "missing" application?
In previous enquiries they found your ref but when they switched to a different service it got lost?

It really a terrible situation indeed, be strong!
Please keep us posted when you have more information.

Mohsin1987ali
Newly Registered

Post by Mohsin1987ali » Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:06 pm

avivbr wrote:
Mohsin1987ali wrote:Spouse visa application of my wife
I have to pay £20
Really Angry
Hey Mohsin,
Where did you apply from?
Is your passport also held by them in the "missing" application?
In previous enquiries they found your ref but when they switched to a different service it got lost?

It really a terrible situation indeed, be strong!
Please keep us posted when you have more information.
Applied in pakistan
Yes passport still held by them
Supporting documents returned
Yes previous enquires they always said under process