ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa processing time taking too long?

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

aerobalag
- thin ice -
Mood:
India

Re: Visa processing time taking too long?

Post by aerobalag » Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:58 am

Kk1518 wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:45 am
UK student visa applied 12th July 30 working day completed but I can't recevied any msg plzz...how many days...I got the visa....today 31st working day
which vfs centre u applied? I applied on 12th july I didn't get my visa yet...
can u share ur experience with us

Kk1518
- thin ice -

Post by Kk1518 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:23 am

Chennai vfs.....iam also didn't get visa

aerobalag
- thin ice -
Mood:
India

Post by aerobalag » Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:33 am

Kk1518 wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:23 am
Chennai vfs.....iam also didn't get visa
we both are in same boat....same day same vfs centre.... :D :lol: ..lets wait together..

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:33 am

Members are NOT permitted to post ANY form of personal or social media contact information or full names on the forum. ANY member who keeps doing this will be banned.

I strongly suggest 'Kk1518' and 'aerobalag' (the posts that have been removed) read the forum rules and you are also all reminded to keep to the subject of this topic and not post just for the sake of posting, i.e. 'any updates today', ' . '.

This topic will be locked if the members do not stick to the topic subject and the forum rules.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mestranger
Newly Registered
India

Post by mestranger » Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:34 pm

Hello Everyone,

I applied for standard visa from Bangalore, India on 18th July (Biometric and Interview). The last mail i received from them was that the application has reached the decision making centre. They havent mailed about any delays. There has been no communication after this. Endless calls and emails have been exchanged and there is no use whatsoever. My course is starting soon. I am frustrated to the extent of having sleepless nights. I am shocked to see applications in July are still pending decision. Thankfully reading all your posts made me feel a lil better that i am not alone in this misery. Any idea/guess when i might get the decision?

aerobalag
- thin ice -
Mood:
India

Post by aerobalag » Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:55 pm

mestranger wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:34 pm
Hello Everyone,

I applied for standard visa from Bangalore, India on 18th July (Biometric and Interview). The last mail i received from them was that the application has reached the decision making centre. They havent mailed about any delays. There has been no communication after this. Endless calls and emails have been exchanged and there is no use whatsoever. My course is starting soon. I am frustrated to the extent of having sleepless nights. I am shocked to see applications in July are still pending decision. Thankfully reading all your posts made me feel a lil better that i am not alone in this misery. Any idea/guess when i might get the decision?
I don't know when you will get decision..but there r so many peoples who applied 1st week of july (including me) still waiting for reply from ukvi. don't worry bro

mestranger
Newly Registered
India

Post by mestranger » Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:17 pm

Oh god when will they come to 3rd week of july i wonder :shock:

Waqasrafiq2
- thin ice -

Post by Waqasrafiq2 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:32 pm

Kk1518 and aerobalag
Can you both please follow the forum rules. We don't want the thread to get locked as it is helping alot of students + returning ones including me and I don't want it to get locked.

Thanks

danielloso19
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by danielloso19 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:49 pm

aerobalag wrote:
Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:01 pm
Olad wrote:Hi everyone
Reading all these comments making me even more nervous. Do people actually wait for 30days for a decision?

Here is my timeline
Visited Tls appointment: 7th Aug 17
Biometric taken : 7th of Aug 17
ECO assigned : 8th of Aug 17

I paid for priority service which usually takes 5days in Nigeria. Today makes it 9th working day. My uni resumes 29th of Aug but the latest enrollment date is the 15th of September.

Should I start feeling worried or inform my uni about the state of my application ?
I am switching from tier1 graduate ent to tier 4
don't worry bro...if its priority visa...they will know your course start date....nd for priority maximum 15 working days.......mostly u will tomoroow....relax....10 working days..enough....max 15.thts it

goodevening. i had my biometrics on the 13 of july 2017 and it was received at sheffield on 20th of july ,till now have received any email if it has been decided or not and it is well passed 15 working days and on 29 working days now, does it really take 3o working days as it is almost near and i am very worried, i pplied from Nigeria.. please suggestions?

danielloso19
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by danielloso19 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:12 am

aerobalag wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:58 am
Kk1518 wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:45 am
UK student visa applied 12th July 30 working day completed but I can't recevied any msg plzz...how many days...I got the visa....today 31st working day
which vfs centre u applied? I applied on 12th july I didn't get my visa yet...
can u share ur experience with us
Hi Everyone, i had my biometrics on the 13th of july 2017 , non- priority and it was received at sheffield on 20th of july ,till now have received any email if it has been decided or not and it is well passed 15 working days and on 29 working days now, does it really take 30 working days as it is almost near and i am very worried, Has anyone received theirs after 30 working days

i applied from Nigeria.. please suggestions?

leclecc
Newly Registered

Post by leclecc » Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:22 am

I havent received the decision has been made email but I called UKVI who told me that a decision has been made and my passport despatched Tuesday. I read somewhere that the visa sticker was made somewhere, is that right? My question is when my documents reach VAC, do they need to prepare the sticker or they can go ahead to post the passport to me?

marvelousnoman
Newly Registered

Post by marvelousnoman » Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:50 am

leclecc wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:22 am
I havent received the decision has been made email but I called UKVI who told me that a decision has been made and my passport despatched Tuesday. I read somewhere that the visa sticker was made somewhere, is that right? My question is when my documents reach VAC, do they need to prepare the sticker or they can go ahead to post the passport to me?
Did you check on the visa tracker website and entered the GWF number and see if the decision has been made come. Here is the link,check and please tell me about it. https://contact-ukvi.homeoffice.gov.uk/ ... visastatus

leclecc
Newly Registered

Post by leclecc » Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:57 am

marvelousnoman wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:50 am
leclecc wrote:
Did you check on the visa tracker website and entered the GWF number and see if the decision has been made come. Here is the link,check and please tell me about it. https://contact-ukvi.homeoffice.gov.uk/ ... visastatus
Oh wow, I didnt know about this link before. It said decided. And the status update is on 20th Aug

marvelousnoman
Newly Registered

Post by marvelousnoman » Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:03 am

leclecc wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:57 am
marvelousnoman wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:50 am
leclecc wrote:
Oh wow, I didnt know about this link before. It said decided. And the status update is on 20th Aug
Ok that's great.Kindly please tell me when you've given biometrics and been interviewed and how many messages do you received from Sheffo plus how much time it took.Thanks

mta143
Newly Registered

Post by mta143 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:29 am

Guys I recieved my visa today on the 31st working day. Like many of you, I too had no communication from UKVI. Even yesterday, when I called them they said my case was awaiting decision, and escalated it upon my request. I got a message couple of hours later to collect my passport.

Aamirns
Newly Registered

Post by Aamirns » Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:19 am

mta143 wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:29 am
Guys I recieved my visa today on the 31st working day. Like many of you, I too had no communication from UKVI. Even yesterday, when I called them they said my case was awaiting decision, and escalated it upon my request. I got a message couple of hours later to collect my passport.
Where did you apply from?

Aamirns
Newly Registered

Post by Aamirns » Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:24 am

VAC: KARACHI

My timeline so far:
bio metric: 21 July 2107
Email of receiving application in Sheffield: 26 July 2017.
No further communication. And tracker of visa status is not recognising the GWF, IHS or VAF number.

This is ridiculous.

backo
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by backo » Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:52 am

I am in the same situation as most of you. Here is my timeline.

14 July: Biometric Appointment
26 July: Received the e-mail stating my application is received at UK decision center

No other updates ever since. I called the paid service line 5-6 times. Escalated my application. No outcome. Today is the 30th working day. My planned arrival to the UK was two weeks ago and I had to miss my flight. I don't know what to do other than just waiting.

Razbi

Post by Razbi » Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:16 am

Aamirns wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:24 am
VAC: KARACHI

My timeline so far:
bio metric: 21 July 2107
Email of receiving application in Sheffield: 26 July 2017.
No further communication. And tracker of visa status is not recognising the GWF, IHS or VAF number.

This is ridiculous.

so tracker dint showup till end?

Aamirns
Newly Registered

Post by Aamirns » Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:23 am

Nope. The tracker has not worked so far

Waqasrafiq2
- thin ice -

Post by Waqasrafiq2 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:21 pm

Aamirns wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:23 am
Nope. The tracker has not worked so far
Yeah it was a delay.Check now your tracker would be working now.

Waqasrafiq2
- thin ice -

Post by Waqasrafiq2 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:24 pm

mta143 wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:29 am
Did you track your application today on tracker.What does it say.

mestranger
Newly Registered
India

Post by mestranger » Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:50 pm

Wonder which July date processing is going on now. Anyone who applied for a standard visa before July 18 and after July 09th got the decision?

Bolivar

Post by Bolivar » Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:14 pm

Hi guys i applied on 17th of July (Fingerprints and scanning documents) i receive e-mail on 26th of July but after that nothing happen.

I dont know what should i do. I called consulate but it's just wasting money because they're like unprofessional they just spelling my name.

I wrote my University and they told me your couse will start on 22th of September so keep calm bro :)

Bolivar

Post by Bolivar » Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:26 pm

Also tracker is not working guys i tried all the numbers i have. IHS, GWF, PRN, My valid BRP Card number and another ones.... :)