ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 4 General Visa from India - 2017

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Navaco
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 4 General Visa from India - 2017

Post by Navaco » Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:39 am

sureshmechnit wrote:
Mugatiya26 wrote:https://contact-ukvi.homeoffice.gov.uk/ ... visastatus

Btw, is this working for any of you guys? I tried with my IHS reference number but it said the number was not recognised.
The link worked for me. I entered Payment Reference Number instead of IHS number.

I applied Tier-4 UK Visa on 31st July and opted for Priority service. Received an email on 1st August stating that the application has been submitted to an Entry Clearance Officer. It has been 14 working days since that email, no further updates yet.

However, found the link https://contact-ukvi.homeoffice.gov.uk/ ... visastatus in this forum and checked the status. My application status is "Decided" and it was updated on 13th August 2017. It means a decision has been made and the page says that I would receive the decision within 10 working days. It must be noted that even if we choose Priority service, it could take more than 10 working days to arrive at a final decision, and also I am yet to receive the Passport.

It is a bit of a relief for me to know that a decision has been made but heart is still beating to know what the decision is.
The link worked for me too.
It says decision made N posted. I had applied on priority service on 26th July.

As far as I have understood the process, this is how it works.
Until ur application is processed the link says not recognized. After two days of decision making on ur application, status of decided is put up in the tracker. After a couple of days one gets a call from vfs to collect the passport.

aerobalag
- thin ice -
Mood:
India

Post by aerobalag » Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:44 am

Navaco wrote:
sureshmechnit wrote:
Mugatiya26 wrote:https://contact-ukvi.homeoffice.gov.uk/ ... visastatus

Btw, is this working for any of you guys? I tried with my IHS reference number but it said the number was not recognised.
The link worked for me. I entered Payment Reference Number instead of IHS number.

I applied Tier-4 UK Visa on 31st July and opted for Priority service. Received an email on 1st August stating that the application has been submitted to an Entry Clearance Officer. It has been 14 working days since that email, no further updates yet.

However, found the link https://contact-ukvi.homeoffice.gov.uk/ ... visastatus in this forum and checked the status. My application status is "Decided" and it was updated on 13th August 2017. It means a decision has been made and the page says that I would receive the decision within 10 working days. It must be noted that even if we choose Priority service, it could take more than 10 working days to arrive at a final decision, and also I am yet to receive the Passport.

It is a bit of a relief for me to know that a decision has been made but heart is still beating to know what the decision is.
The link worked for me too.
It says decision made N posted. I had applied on priority service on 26th July.

As far as I have understood the process, this is how it works.
Until ur application is processed the link says not recognized. After two days of decision making on ur application, status of decided is put up in the tracker. After a couple of days one gets a call from vfs to collect the passport.
may be....but u opt for priority service on 26th july...its more than 25 days...but why u didn't get till now....they are not making everything on time..its oka for standard service...after paying extra 15k...they are still doing like this...even for enquiries we have to pay..nd then they will tell ur application is under process....sucks why cant they put an online track for every application...

mahbolla
Newly Registered

Post by mahbolla » Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:34 am

Considering the current delays in application processin, can we
expect both tier 4 and dependent visa to be processed in 30 working days. It's been 23 working days that we applied. Applied for normal processing.

aerobalag
- thin ice -
Mood:
India

Post by aerobalag » Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:07 am

mahbolla wrote:Considering the current delays in application processin, can we
expect both tier 4 and dependent visa to be processed in 30 working days. It's been 23 working days that we applied. Applied for normal processing.
even I'm waiting for 30 working days..for me yesterday was27th working,still I didn't get any mail from them,...hoping next week ...I don know one thing...I got mail from Sheffield that my visa was under eco officer...are they making decision there...not in Chennai?....

mahbolla
Newly Registered

Post by mahbolla » Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:36 am

Yes, the decision is made in sheffield

Razbi

Post by Razbi » Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:59 pm

40 working days..

aerobalag
- thin ice -
Mood:
India

Post by aerobalag » Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:07 pm

Razbi wrote:40 working days..
omg....when did u submitted ur biometric?

lavey

Post by lavey » Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:26 am

Thinking of complaining to UKVI.Whether it will effect my visa outcome?Frustrated :cry: :cry:... Atleast they should inform reason for delay or they should make a closure.Delhi students are getting decision on time.I think the Problem is with Chennai Embassy.Pathetic

aerobalag
- thin ice -
Mood:
India

Post by aerobalag » Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:24 am

lavey wrote:Thinking of complaining to UKVI.Whether it will effect my visa outcome?Frustrated :cry: :cry:... Atleast they should inform reason for delay or they should make a closure.Delhi students are getting decision on time.I think the Problem is with Chennai Embassy.Pathetic
I think u can scold them in any language...even then..they will say either ur application is under processing or its been escalated to the concern officer..thts it..bye the way when did u submit ur biometrics in Chennai vfs? I too applied on vfs Chennai last mnth 12th

lavey

Post by lavey » Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:23 am

On 14 july.
Below link u can raise complain : https://www.gov.uk/government/organisat ... complaints

Mugatiya26
Sri Lanka

Post by Mugatiya26 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:25 pm

lavey wrote:On 14 july.
Below link u can raise complain : https://www.gov.uk/government/organisat ... complaints
Yeah, I think it's time for all of us to complain to the Home Office. It'll be hard for them to ignore if all of us submit complaints.

aerobalag
- thin ice -
Mood:
India

Post by aerobalag » Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:41 pm

Mugatiya26 wrote:
Yeah, I think it's time for all of us to complain to the Home Office. It'll be hard for them to ignore if all of us submit complaints.
when I click that link...it says ||||PAGE NOT FOUND\|||

Mugatiya26
Sri Lanka

Post by Mugatiya26 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:18 pm

aerobalag wrote:
Mugatiya26 wrote:
when I click that link...it says ||||PAGE NOT FOUND\|||
https://www.gov.uk/government/organisat ... -procedure

ctez
Newly Registered

Post by ctez » Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:02 pm

No Updates here. (5 Weeks since biometrics)
@Mugatiya26, We are still in the same boat, I too enquired through paid service, "Awaiting Decision" is their response. Requested to escalate and no updates here either.

@sureshmechnit,
https://contact-ukvi.homeoffice.gov.uk/ ... visastatus
this link works for those who applied from inside UK, Is this the case with you?
For those who applied from outside can only enquire through paid service, which is waste of money as one can infer from others in this thread.

Seriously have anyone here complained yet?
I would suggest all of us should send complaint emails to complaints@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

Waqasrafiq2
- thin ice -

Post by Waqasrafiq2 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:14 pm

ctez wrote:No Updates here. (5 Weeks since biometrics)
@Mugatiya26, We are still in the same boat, I too enquired through paid service, "Awaiting Decision" is their response. Requested to escalate and no updates here either.

@sureshmechnit,
this link works for those who applied from inside UK, Is this the case with you?
For those who applied from outside can only enquire through paid service, which is waste of money as one can infer from others in this thread.

I would suggest all of us should send complaint emails to complaints@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk
I escalated twice and today got this response

Thank you for your enquiry and please accept our apologies for the delay in responding to you.

As we have previously advised, the processing of this application has not been straightforward. We cannot give a time scale for when a decision will be made, however please be assured that we are continuing to work on the application and will make a decision as soon as we are able to.

If you have any further enquiries, please visit our website at www.GOV.UK.

Kind Regards,

Mugatiya26
Sri Lanka

Post by Mugatiya26 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:18 am

Waqasrafiq2 wrote:
ctez wrote:No Updates here. (5 Weeks since biometrics)

@sureshmechnit,

I escalated twice and today got this response

Thank you for your enquiry and please accept our apologies for the delay in responding to you.

As we have previously advised, the processing of this application has not been straightforward. We cannot give a time scale for when a decision will be made, however please be assured that we are continuing to work on the application and will make a decision as soon as we are able to.

If you have any further enquiries, please visit our website at http://www.GOV.UK.

Kind Regards,
Good to hear that they'ce decided to keep you in the loop. No luck for those who applied during or after the second week of July yet it seems.

Mugatiya26
Sri Lanka

Post by Mugatiya26 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:43 pm

Hi all,

I've drafted a very polite complaint, but am kinda nervous about sending it through as Im worried it may affect the outcome negatively. I'm sick of this complete lack of correspondence and really want to take some action.

aerobalag
- thin ice -
Mood:
India

Post by aerobalag » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:47 pm

Mugatiya26 wrote:Hi all,

I've drafted a very polite complaint, but am kinda nervous about sending it through as Im worried it may affect the outcome negatively. I'm sick of this complete lack of correspondence and really want to take some action.
send the draft here...those who r interested in complaining will also post wit u..im ready to complain..they said clearly in the website it wont affect the outcome

Mugatiya26
Sri Lanka

Post by Mugatiya26 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:13 pm

aerobalag wrote:

send the draft here...those who r interested in complaining will also post wit u..im ready to complain..they said clearly in the website it wont affect the outcome
I ended up emailing them, but I believe it's quite like the ukvi enquiry service. i.e. utterly useless.

Basically i told them my name, nationality and mentioned the relevant dates (timeline).

Further stated that I've not received any emails despite them saying that I'd be notified if there was a delay. Got an automated email suggesting that they won't really pursue ongoing applications.

Bluntly speaking, UKVI is the most unprofessional and inefficient service ive ever had the misfortune to deal with. It's just pathetic how unsympathetic they are towards their customers, particularly those they consider to be from "high risk" countries.

aerobalag
- thin ice -
Mood:
India

Post by aerobalag » Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:52 pm

Mugatiya26 wrote:
aerobalag wrote:

I ended up emailing them, but I believe it's quite like the ukvi enquiry service. i.e. utterly useless.

Basically i told them my name, nationality and mentioned the relevant dates (timeline).

Further stated that I've not received any emails despite them saying that I'd be notified if there was a delay. Got an automated email suggesting that they won't really pursue ongoing applications.

Bluntly speaking, UKVI is the most unprofessional and inefficient service ive ever had the misfortune to deal with. It's just pathetic how unsympathetic they are towards their customers, particularly those they consider to be from "high risk" countries.
true...even for enquiry they are asking money..nd not even worth ,no respect twrds custmrs

Mugatiya26
Sri Lanka

Post by Mugatiya26 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:06 pm

The uni told me that there are many cases of delays and as such there is nothing much they can do.

I've literally exhausted all possible means towards getting an update and there is absolutely nothing more I can do other than refresh that check your visa status tab every hour. Oh well.. I'll post an update when and if I hear back from UKVI. Good luck to all those waiting...

aerobalag
- thin ice -
Mood:
India

Post by aerobalag » Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:45 am

Mugatiya26 wrote:The uni told me that there are many cases of delays and as such there is nothing much they can do.

I've literally exhausted all possible means towards getting an update and there is absolutely nothing more I can do other than refresh that check your visa status tab every hour. Oh well.. I'll post an update when and if I hear back from UKVI. Good luck to all those waiting...
@mugatiya did u call the ukvi..any update bro?

Mugatiya26
Sri Lanka

Post by Mugatiya26 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:54 am

aerobalag wrote:
Mugatiya26 wrote:The uni told me that there are many cases of delays and as such there is nothing much they can do.

Called them twice in the past two weeks and like you said it's a total waste of money.

I've noticed that people who applied in late july/early august have gotten and email saying UKVI needs more time. A different email to the unfortunately not straight forward one. But somehow they've not sent that to those who applied between 7th july to 21 st July or so.

We are the only ones left completely in the dark it seems.

aerobalag
- thin ice -
Mood:
India

Post by aerobalag » Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:59 am

Mugatiya26 wrote:
aerobalag wrote:

Called them twice in the past two weeks and like you said it's a total waste of money.

I've noticed that people who applied in late july/early august have gotten and email saying UKVI needs more time. A different email to the unfortunately not straight forward one. But somehow they've not sent that to those who applied between 7th july to 21 st July or so.

yeah bro...im so nervous ..why are they doing like this...im going to call them today evening..i know wt they are going to say .istead of spending money in calling ukvi,i should have gone through priority service.

Mugatiya26
Sri Lanka

Post by Mugatiya26 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:01 am

aerobalag wrote:
Mugatiya26 wrote:
aerobalag wrote:

yeah bro...im so nervous ..why are they doing like this...im going to call them today evening..i know wt they are going to say .istead of spending money in calling ukvi,i should have gone through priority service.
Yeah same. I really wanna call them and tell them how useless they are, but that would just cost me more money.