ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

December 2017 Restricted COS

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Pea22
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: December 2017 Restricted COS

Post by Pea22 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:35 am

sptula wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:14 am
zeebee19 wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:11 am
Hi All,

So I am faced with a tricky situation. My employer filed for RCOS on the 5th of December. However, they've informed me that the Quota for the current month due to people with higher salary band has been achieved. As a result they will refile /resubmit in January RCOS. She mentioned how it hasnt been rejected and it all about filing for next month.

I don't know how to perceive this. If anyone has been faced with a similar situation your guidnace will be helpful.

Cheers,
If the current one if not rejected, you dont need to reapply
Jut my opinion, but I would suspect that zeebee19's employer received the same email as I did. The application for CoS was 'refused', and they/we need to submit again next month. I think the comment about not being rejected means that - other than not having enough points for this month - the application (and RLMT) was satisfactory.

I explained to my candidate in similar terms but unfortunately (or fortunately!) not everyone is as familiar with the specific terms and phrases that HO use as many people on these boards are.

vinod150489
Newly Registered
India

Post by vinod150489 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:36 am

I am only seeing rejection messages so far today. Has anyone's RCOS been approved today?

zeebee19
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by zeebee19 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:14 pm

My total points come onto 37 (20 for RMLT) and 17 for salary. But the HR lady said the RMLT doesn''t have to conducted again and it merely had resubmitted.
Now im confused.

zeebee19
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by zeebee19 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:16 pm

And what're the odds of RCOS coming through in the coming month. Frankly, this is my first attempt and this process is nerve wrecking.

I don't know what to do?

Pea22
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Pea22 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:27 pm

zeebee19 wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:14 pm
My total points come onto 37 (20 for RMLT) and 17 for salary. But the HR lady said the RMLT doesn''t have to conducted again and it merely had resubmitted.
Now im confused.
I'm certainly no expert, but again assuming that your employer had the same communication as me,(and as I believe someone already submitted) the email received said:
"Thank you for your recent application for restricted CoS. Your application has been refused, as it did not meet the minimum points score for the allocation of a restricted CoS on the above decision date.

This application will not be submitted for consideration at the next monthly allocation of restricted CoS.

You can submit another application for a restricted CoS at any time. You must ensure that your application meets the criteria outlined in the sponsor policy guidance ..."

So, assuming that the RLMT was still valid for a January application (I think the CoS application needs to be within 6 months of the first advertisement), then it's just a case of reapplying. We would only have to conduct another RLMT, when the application date was more than 6 months after the first ad, though it would obviously be sensible to do so before then.

zeebee19
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by zeebee19 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:46 pm

@pea22 so you as an employer will probably file again I'm assuming. And previously has your organization similar situation?

Pea22
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Pea22 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:13 pm

zeebee19 wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:46 pm
@pea22 so you as an employer will probably file again I'm assuming. And previously has your organization similar situation?
Yep, will just apply again for January, and I'll probably start running another ad (but not a full RLMT) just as further back-up - to date all applicants have required sponsorship, so there is minimal 'risk' to our preferred candidate.

This is the first application for a restricted CoS we've done, so it's all new to me - and really stressful as I take all these visa applications very personally! I find the posters on these boards know much more about the intricacies of the system than I do, even though I've read all the guides cover-to-cover and back again!

zeebee19
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by zeebee19 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:52 pm

@pea22 my office isnt running the ad. They said the previous ad would work for a period of 6months. Thus, they will submit again. Let's hope for the best outcome.

newentrant
Newly Registered
Morocco

Post by newentrant » Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:25 pm

This is all so frustrating. I'm assuming then that everyone will try again next month which will not help.. :( I wonder what was the salary threshold for December. Seems like even people with 37 points overall got rejected. Not sure I stand a chance next month :(

newentrant
Newly Registered
Morocco

Post by newentrant » Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:26 pm

This is all so frustrating. I'm assuming then that everyone will try again next month which will not help.. :( I wonder what was the salary threshold for December. Seems like even people with 37 points overall got rejected. Not sure I stand a chance next month :(
Has anyone been able to speak to the HO for further clarification? They're so unhelpful over the phone! My employer emailed them to request further details about points but they haven't responded yet.

sptula
Member of Standing
India

Post by sptula » Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:27 pm

there may be too many applicants for Shortage Occupation list this month

Yes you are true, same may happen in next month or the further months

shannnnco
India

Post by shannnnco » Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:30 pm

sptula wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:27 pm

Guys just received the news from my lawyer, applications with salary less than 60000 GBP have been refused this month.

dkukreja
Newly Registered
India

Post by dkukreja » Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:43 pm

shannnnco wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:30 pm
sptula wrote:

Guys just received the news from my lawyer, applications with salary less than 60000 GBP have been refused this month.

60K ??? Are you sure ??? if thats the case maximum will get rejection for this month...

mschase
United States of America

Post by mschase » Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:43 pm

shannnnco wrote:
Just got some news from my employer - application has been rejected (applied for Nov allocation) and the reason is the exact same as the others earlier from today.

"Thank you for your recent application for restricted CoS. Your application
has been refused, as it did not meet the minimum points score for the
allocation of a restricted CoS on the above decision date. This application will not be submitted for consideration at the next monthly
allocation of restricted CoS."

This situation is similar to the July allocation quota, looks like they ran out of rCOS.

hdenniso
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by hdenniso » Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:51 pm

mschase wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:43 pm
shannnnco wrote:
Just got some news from my employer - application has been rejected (applied for Nov allocation) and the reason is the exact same as the others earlier from today.

allocation of a restricted CoS on the above decision date. This application will not be submitted for consideration at the next monthly

This situation is similar to the July allocation quota, looks like they ran out of rCOS.
On the July 2017 allocations, it states anyone that had a viable application above 21 points was approved though. Am I misreading something?

Pea22
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Pea22 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:57 pm

zeebee19 wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:52 pm
@pea22 my office isnt running the ad. They said the previous ad would work for a period of 6months. Thus, they will submit again. Let's hope for the best outcome.
They're completely right ... I'm just trying to find something to do to feel useful! Fingers crossed for January!

Deepakkashyap
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by Deepakkashyap » Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:43 pm

shannnnco wrote:
sptula wrote:

Is 60K basic pay or including allowence as well?? I mean if someone has a total fixed pay above 60K including some allowences than what should happen?? I am still waiting on my application. This is now giving a nightmare really

sptula
Member of Standing
India

Post by sptula » Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:50 pm

mschase wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:43 pm
shannnnco wrote:

It's Refused not Rejected

mschase
United States of America

Post by mschase » Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:51 pm

hdenniso wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:51 pm
On the July 2017 allocations, it states anyone that had a viable application above 21 points was approved though. Am I misreading something?
I am not sure exactly. All I heard from my lawyer is that a situation like this was similar for one of the months this year where HO was overwhelmed with applications.

The trouble is, people that have been refused this month would simply re-apply, and if they do, the situation would repeat again for Jan, Feb 2018 etc.. But then, if this was the case, then there would be an increasing stack each month with refused applications re-applying, forcing either 1) the minimum 21 points to be raised or 2) large amount of refusals each month - and both don't seem to have happened.

Can anyone confirm if there has been any immediate rule changes in Tier 2 sponsorship? I have heard that due to Brexit there could be an increasing demand for Nurses who are directly awarded 130 points for falling under shortage-occupation. This further limits chances for candidates between the 20-40 points bracket.

sptula
Member of Standing
India

Post by sptula » Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:52 pm

Deepakkashyap wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:43 pm
shannnnco wrote:
sptula wrote:

Is 60K basic pay or including allowence as well?? I mean if someone has a total fixed pay above 60K including some allowences than what should happen?? I am still waiting on my application. This is now giving a nightmare really
what's your salary ?
was it through RLMT

zeebee19
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by zeebee19 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:44 pm

Guys, sorry for the question but what is the COs process. After the RMLT stage has been through what are the next steps can you guys help us understanding.
And again most of the people will reapply has ghis happened before? If so what are ones chances

newentrant
Newly Registered
Morocco

Post by newentrant » Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:26 pm

I spoke to someone from the HO over the phone. She said the number of certificates this month was limited as they had a large amount of applicants and allocated certificates to higher salaries first. Also she said that they had technical issues which resulted in them having a low restricted cost to allocate certificates. I asked for further clarification but she said I can’t say more. Also asked what was the minimum salary requirement this month she said I’ll need to ask this in an email if I want further details.

newentrant
Newly Registered
Morocco

Post by newentrant » Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:43 pm

also on the government's website, it says: "The November allocation meeting took place on 13 November. All valid applications received by 5 November were successful if they scored at least 21 points". So this means if you score at least 21 points you get a certificate. I don't understand therefore why this month it's been really bad??? How is it possible that application with over 30 points were rejected when in previous months 21 points were enough? Just weird.

sezam
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by sezam » Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:16 pm

Hi guys, Just to share my info: I'm currently waiting for my RCoS as well... As per the lawyer - no information yet on the application. Applied on 5th of December. Salary in the 55 points band.

ashishkm
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Post by ashishkm » Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:33 am

Guys

Anyone in 55 point range (RLMT 20 & Salary 35) whose application is rejected or approved this month?