ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa-Online application help please

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

JonnoGB
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse visa-Online application help please

Post by JonnoGB » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:19 pm

Agree. They've got the application and now it's just heads down and wait. It's no fun at all, but then again by design it's not meant to be simple.
From past experience three times from the 90s to the '10s applying for residency visas to her country, if you're confident you've done all you can, and you believe you've met their hurdles, then all you can do is sit and wait. IME there is nothing to be gained from over-worrying and certainly not from chasing them up meanwhile.

bigben1982
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse visa-Non priority to priority Spouse visa application

Post by bigben1982 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:17 pm

Hi Forum experts,

Could you please tell me if it's possible to pay the premium charge to make the non-priority spouse visa application to priority one after sending supporting documents to Sheffield?

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:53 pm

NO! - is the wait getting to you bigen1982?
Verily, After Hardship Comes Ease

bigben1982
United Kingdom

Post by bigben1982 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:34 pm

Londoner007 wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:53 pm
NO! - is the wait getting to you bigen1982?
:( :cry: :cry: :cry: Yes Londoner007.No updates received from UKBA so far :(.

bigben1982
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse visa documents returned

Post by bigben1982 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:56 am

Hi Forum experts,

I found a parcel missed card yesterday. I went to post office to collect it this morning and found out that was sent from Sheffield,HO.

Home office returned my supporting documents bundle day before yesterday(10th working day since documents shipped).

HO returned every single document I sent to them.All the originals returned including hand written appendix 2,2 cover letters,passport size photos and importantly original online application form(delaration signed pages everything).I didn't attach passport photos on the application.I just sent those photos in a small envelope.

Aren't they supposed to keep atleast the ones I mentioned above?This is why I am worried.

They didn't keep any original documents.Also I sent a photocopy bundle of everything I sent to HO.They just opened that envelope but didn't use any of those copies.

There was a generic e-mail from scanning team saying that they copied documents and sending the originals back to me.

Is this process going in the right direction?Do they suppose to keep any original documents?

Please kindly advice me.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:02 am

You really are stressing for no reason. They scan the docs and return everything to you.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

JonnoGB
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by JonnoGB » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:26 am

BigBen, 'HO returned every single document I sent to them.All the originals returned including hand written appendix 2,2 cover letters,passport size photos and importantly original online application form(delaration signed pages everything).I didn't attach passport photos on the application.I just sent those photos in a small envelope.
Aren't they supposed to keep atleast the ones I mentioned above?This is why I am worried.
They didn't keep any original documents.Also I sent a photocopy bundle of everything I sent to HO.They just opened that envelope but didn't use any of those copies'

------------------------

It seems not, I had all the originals, incl. those you list, returned to me. Did you read their covering letter that states 'Thank you for sending documents in support of a UK visa application. Copies of these documents have been retained by [UKV&I] in order to assess the application and as such we are returning the originals documents to you. You may be receiving these documents prior to the applicant receiving a decision on the application. This is a normal part of the process and you need to take no further action. Should we require anything further from you we will contact you via the e-mail address you have supplied.
In due course, the applicant will receive a decision on the application.'

The application doesn't request or require a duplicate photocopied set, they scan the originals, so they have returned the photocopies to you, together with the originals.

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:50 am

As said many times before sending them photocopies of everything is a waste of time and money. UKVI photocopy everything digitally to their system thats why they sometimes return docs back to people very quickly.

I hope you are not this worried about everything else in life bigben1982, take a chill pill my man. Spouse visa isnt everything in this world. Just wait and hope for the best. The amount of people I have seen worrying endlessly, even suicidal for their spouse to arrive, then when they do arrive later on their relationship breaks down.

I would advise you to divert all the energy from your anxiety and worry to working on your relationship so that you have a good subsisting relationship when she arrives here. This will also help take your mind off this application.

bigben1982
United Kingdom

Post by bigben1982 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:41 pm

JonnoGB wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:26 am
BigBen, 'HO returned every single document I sent to them.All the originals returned including hand written appendix 2,2 cover letters,passport size photos and importantly original online application form(delaration signed pages everything).I didn't attach passport photos on the application.I just sent those photos in a small envelope.
They didn't keep any original documents.Also I sent a photocopy bundle of everything I sent to HO.They just opened that envelope but didn't use any of those copies'

------------------------

It seems not, I had all the originals, incl. those you list, returned to me. Did you read their covering letter that states 'Thank you for sending documents in support of a UK visa application. Copies of these documents have been retained by [UKV&I] in order to assess the application and as such we are returning the originals documents to you. You may be receiving these documents prior to the applicant receiving a decision on the application. This is a normal part of the process and you need to take no further action. Should we require anything further from you we will contact you via the e-mail address you have supplied.
In due course, the applicant will receive a decision on the application.'

The application doesn't request or require a duplicate photocopied set, they scan the originals, so they have returned the photocopies to you, together with the originals.
Thanks JonnoGB for sharing your experience.

bigben1982
United Kingdom

Post by bigben1982 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:43 pm

Thanks a lot Londoner007.I didn't expect to see original application form and appendix 2 in the returned envelope. When I saw it, I was a bit confused/worried.
I will calm down :) and wait for the outcome. Thanks again :).

bigben1982
United Kingdom

Post by bigben1982 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:44 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:02 am
You really are stressing for no reason. They scan the docs and return everything to you.
Ok CR001.Understood now. Thank you :).

bigben1982
United Kingdom

Applying for british citizenship while Spouse visa application in progress

Post by bigben1982 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 2:46 pm

Hi Forum experts,

Hope you all are doing good.

Spouse visa application of my wife is on process.

I have a holiday booked to go back home in December. I didn't send my original passport with supporting documents.

My question is,

I already completed 1 year since I received ILR.

Can I apply for British citizenship while spouse visa application on process?

Can I travel abroad if I apply for British citizenship?

Is there anything like fast track British citizenship?

Please kindly let me know.
Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 2:47 pm

Can I apply for British citizenship while spouse visa application on process?
Yes.
Can I travel abroad if I apply for British citizenship?
Yes.
Is there anything like fast track British citizenship?
No.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

bigben1982
United Kingdom

Post by bigben1982 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 2:52 pm

Hi CR001,

Many thanks :).

JonnoGB
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by JonnoGB » Fri Nov 23, 2018 1:29 am

No change to report here, but then I think we're only +18-20 working days into the process after receipt, so no surpise - as frustrating as it all is...

bigben1982
United Kingdom

Post by bigben1982 » Fri Nov 23, 2018 2:02 pm

JonnoGB wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 1:29 am
No change to report here, but then I think we're only +18-20 working days into the process after receipt, so no surpise - as frustrating as it all is...
My wife got an acknowledgement letter exactly after a month since online application. It was just a standard e-mail asking us to wait for 12 weeks to process. No more updates.

JonnoGB
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by JonnoGB » Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:11 pm

Thanks BB12,
At receipt/processing start date + approx 20 working days my wife received a lengthy e-mail prompting her to ensure all supporting documentation has been sent in, and detailing at length the supporting documentation required, and even the order to arrange it in. This might confuse some people, as we have already sent ALL of this, EVERYTHING in our original application.

Then it says 'If you have already had your supporting documents scanned in at the Visa Application Centre, or if you have already sent them in to us, please ignore the request for documents.' And that is what happened, and they know it, so I can't understand why they sent this confusing e-mail to us.

Something to watch out for...

bigben1982
United Kingdom

Post by bigben1982 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:00 am

@JonnoGB,
Same e-mail received.

JonnoGB
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by JonnoGB » Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:40 pm

Thx noted, then they 'have no idea' why people find this process stressful.

bigben1982
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse visa-Is this UKBA no?

Post by bigben1982 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:31 pm

Hi Forum experts/users,

Has anybody received any calls from UKBA on this no 01163948972?

Phone didn't ring at all but got a missed call. When I tried to call back, it said, there is no number exist like that.

I hope HO didn't try to call me. Please somebody kindly confirm.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Spouse visa-Is this UKBA no?

Post by CR001 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:36 pm

bigben1982 wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:31 pm
Hi Forum experts/users,

Has anybody received any calls from UKBA on this no 01163948972?

Phone didn't ring at all but got a missed call. When I tried to call back, it said, there is no number exist like that.

I hope HO didn't try to call me. Please somebody kindly confirm.
Please, you really need to just relax and stop stressing over this application.

If you google the number, you will see it is from Leicester area and most people who get calls from this and similar number say it didn't ring and it is spam or a cold call.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

bigben1982
United Kingdom

Post by bigben1982 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:53 pm

Ok CR001,thank you.

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:01 pm

Also, cold callers now can actually duplicate genuine numbers so even googling numbers will not answer a true location or what organisation it was

JonnoGB
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by JonnoGB » Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:46 pm

I've had no calls from anyone re: this visa application. Besides I wld not expect to receive any calls. Rather I would strongly expect (IMHO/IME) anything being discussed/relayed to be put in writing, ie. 'on record', at the least via e-mail if not +/or in hard-copy.

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:15 am

Unfortunately, with Home Office there usual process is to conduct phone call interviews