ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Zambrano Settled Status EU settlement scheme Paper Application Form - NEW

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

IST
Uruguay

Re: Zambrano Settled Status EU settlement scheme Paper Application Form - NEW

Post by IST » Wed May 13, 2020 10:23 pm

Onomskky wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 10:14 pm
IST wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 9:48 pm
snooky wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 9:44 pm
IST wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 9:02 pm
Hello guys.
Not a good news from me.
My application was refused too after 7 months dated 13th of May 2020
Currently on 2.5 leave to remain
It’s about 3pages

IST

Just take heart.

It's really upsetting to receive such news after months of waiting. The HO has made it hard for Zambrano people as I keep saying over here.

Question
How many months left on your 2,5 ltr
Thanks mate

Less then 3 months.

What do you suggest me to do? I don’t have the right of appeal just AR
Sorry to hear and I would advice going for AR as it only takes 28 days for the HO to make a decision. You can put in a fresh application which gives you a better chance of success should the HO not make a decision before your current stay runs out. If it gets denied, you get the option of appeal but you will become an overstayer and lose an years gained from your LTR. You need to make a decision if you want to take that risk. The HO is trying hard to put people off from applying and going for the more expensive option which cost thousands of pounds.
All the best.
Hi Onomskky

I know is tough call. So wait for AR outcome and then make a fresh application is that what you saying? I do also got pending EEA application which was submitted back in begging of March 2020 but haven’t heard anything from them

Onomskky
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Onomskky » Wed May 13, 2020 10:36 pm

IST wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 10:23 pm
Onomskky wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 10:14 pm
IST wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 9:48 pm
snooky wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 9:44 pm

IST

Just take heart.

It's really upsetting to receive such news after months of waiting. The HO has made it hard for Zambrano people as I keep saying over here.

Question
How many months left on your 2,5 ltr
Thanks mate

Less then 3 months.

What do you suggest me to do? I don’t have the right of appeal just AR
Sorry to hear and I would advice going for AR as it only takes 28 days for the HO to make a decision. You can put in a fresh application which gives you a better chance of success should the HO not make a decision before your current stay runs out. If it gets denied, you get the option of appeal but you will become an overstayer and lose an years gained from your LTR. You need to make a decision if you want to take that risk. The HO is trying hard to put people off from applying and going for the more expensive option which cost thousands of pounds.
All the best.
Hi Onomskky

I know is tough call. So wait for AR outcome and then make a fresh application is that what you saying? I do also got pending EEA application which was submitted back in begging of March 2020 but haven’t heard anything from them
You can’t make 2 application at the same time unfortunately. Once you put in another application whilst your eea application is ongoing, it automatically cancels the former. This is something the HO don’t tell people and they use it to their advantage.

snooky
United Kingdom

Post by snooky » Thu May 14, 2020 8:49 am

@Members

When it comes to EEA Application and EUSS Application, you can have the two at the same time and on going. These two applications dont overlap each other as technically they're the same Leave but the effectiveness and legality of one which is euss leave will take effect from 1 January 2021.

But you can not do application under Appendix fm and at the same time too under euss. The second application will vary past the first. It is called Variation.

snooky
United Kingdom

Post by snooky » Thu May 14, 2020 8:55 am

@IST

Most renowned Solicitors will advice that, to succeed under euss as a Zambrano and/or Derivative holder, if you have Leave Under Domestic Appendix FM, then you would have to wait for it to expired before you can successfully win settled scheme application under derived route.

It makes sense but big risk venture. If you have no leave at all then the HO refusal will be triggering compulsion and compelling the BC to leave the Member state

snooky
United Kingdom

Post by snooky » Thu May 14, 2020 9:03 am

@Derived Routers(Zambrano n others)

Until Home Office is summarily taken to court for breach and contempt of law, the 16 Dec 2019 Patel vs SSHD would be misinterpreted and misrepresented to applicants

The HO is one law for itself. The only small axe for them is the court.

But it is very expensive action to also take. Home Office according to the Withdrawal Agreement has breach and illegally changed how the consensus and memorandum of agreement was taken by all Member State.

Ngoo
Nigeria

Post by Ngoo » Thu May 14, 2020 12:47 pm

IST wrote:
Hello guys.
Not a good news from me.
It’s about 3pages
@IST,

I am so sorry for the refusal. Don’t give up, go for the AR since you still have 3months left on your LTR. I wish you all the best!

IST
Uruguay

Post by IST » Thu May 14, 2020 3:39 pm

Ngoo wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 12:47 pm
IST wrote:
Hello guys.
Not a good news from me.
It’s about 3pages
@IST,

I am so sorry for the refusal. Don’t give up, go for the AR since you still have 3months left on your LTR. I wish you all the best!
Much appreciated Ngoo

I will go for AR, also got the EEA Zambrano application outstanding, submitted early March 2020 but haven’t heard anything from HO yet.
I am really in trouble now don’t really know what to do, to wait for the EEA outcome(I am sure will be a refusal) but then I will have a right of appeal and then I can lodge an appeal. My concern is by the time I receive the refusal from EEA and lodge an appeal am sure 3months will be passed and will break the 3C leave. Is very though situation

A2ROR
Bulgaria

Post by A2ROR » Thu May 14, 2020 4:06 pm

Hi Everyone,

RE: URGENT

Would someone share home office email contact for DRF applications please?

Thanks in advance.

snooky
United Kingdom

Post by snooky » Thu May 14, 2020 6:33 pm

A2ROR wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 4:06 pm
Hi Everyone,

Thanks in advance.
All emails go through here.

nationalityenquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk

Sebel
Cameroon

Post by Sebel » Thu May 14, 2020 7:07 pm

@snooky, am so confused and stress up concerning this issue.

Please before I do my EEA application, I will like to share this for a better advice.
I had my LR in early 2016 2.5years parent(10years) FM routes.

Late 2018, renewed my LR, got 2.5years and was reduced to 5years FM parents routes because I was qualified for the finance scheme(ie earning about 18600 or more).so was given another 2.5years which will be expiring in February 2021.

June 2019 applied for the EU settlement scheme
Jully ending biometric letter received
August COA received, till now application still with HO.

Wrote to them through my MP and they replied him my application is under consideration.

So with all this, please @snooky do you think I can still go for EEA?
Sorry for any typo error
Thanks

Ngoo
Nigeria

Post by Ngoo » Thu May 14, 2020 7:22 pm

IST wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 3:39 pm
Ngoo wrote:
IST wrote:
Hello guys.
Not a good news from me.
It’s about 3pages
@IST,

Much appreciated Ngoo

I will go for AR, also got the EEA Zambrano application outstanding, submitted early March 2020 but haven’t heard anything from HO yet.
I am really in trouble now don’t really know what to do, to wait for the EEA outcome(I am sure will be a refusal) but then I will have a right of appeal and then I can lodge an appeal. My concern is by the time I receive the refusal from EEA and lodge an appeal am sure 3months will be passed and will break the 3C leave. Is very though situation
No worries, be steadfast. I was in similar situation in January 2020. I applied for EEA Zambrano a day before my LTR expired. I received the COA , after about a month of the initial application they refused the EEA application their reason being that I should stick to the LTR as they believe is the best option for me. I have appealed against their decision. Waiting for the outcome.
I also submitted the EU settlement application 2 months before the LTR expired. A day before my LTR expired the EU settlement team sent me an email to call them. I called them and I was told that I made an online application which was invalid. So,I had to complete a paper application and send back to them. I received the COA in February still waiting for the EU settlement.I made the decision to allow the LTR to expire since I made both applications when I had about 2months left. Snooky is very very helpful and he has a very good insight with the whole EU settlement and EEA Zambrano... 😊. Stay blessed!

IST
Uruguay

Post by IST » Thu May 14, 2020 8:26 pm

Ngoo wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 7:22 pm
IST wrote:
Ngoo wrote:
IST wrote:
Hello guys.
Not a good news from me.
It’s about 3pages
@IST,

Much appreciated Ngoo

No worries, be steadfast. I was in similar situation in January 2020. I applied for EEA Zambrano a day before my LTR expired. I received the COA , after about a month of the initial application they refused the EEA application their reason being that I should stick to the LTR as they believe is the best option for me. I have appealed against their decision. Waiting for the outcome.
I also submitted the EU settlement application 2 months before the LTR expired. A day before my LTR expired the EU settlement team sent me an email to call them. I called them and I was told that I made an online application which was invalid. So,I had to complete a paper application and send back to them. I received the COA in February still waiting for the EU settlement.I made the decision to allow the LTR to expire since I made both applications when I had about 2months left. Snooky is very very helpful and he has a very good insight with the whole EU settlement and EEA Zambrano... 😊. Stay blessed!
We are very lucky to have someone like Snooky also other guys on this thread.

Hopefully I have same news from EEA application so I can prepare for the lodging the appeal.

Ngoo, Snooky , Mushabir1983

Could anyone send me the dundlle for the appeal so I can prepare myself ?

Many Thanks in advance

A2ROR
Bulgaria

Post by A2ROR » Thu May 14, 2020 10:13 pm

snooky wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 6:33 pm
A2ROR wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 4:06 pm
Hi Everyone,

Thanks in advance.
All emails go through here.

nationalityenquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk

Thank you Snooky.

Ngoo
Nigeria

Post by Ngoo » Fri May 15, 2020 8:07 am

IST wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 8:26 pm
Ngoo wrote:
IST wrote:
Ngoo wrote:

@IST,

Much appreciated Ngoo

Hopefully I have same news from EEA application so I can prepare for the lodging the appeal.

Many Thanks in advance
@IST,

Please wait for the outcome, you can’t predict the HO. Your EEA might be successful like they always say everybody’s case is different. If at all your application is unsuccessful, the tribunal will give you enough time to organise the bundle. Be hopeful, don’t worry we are here to support each other 😊God is in control. Stay blessed.

IST
Uruguay

Post by IST » Fri May 15, 2020 8:48 am

Ngoo wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 8:07 am
IST wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 8:26 pm
Ngoo wrote:
IST wrote:

Much appreciated Ngoo

Many Thanks in advance
@IST,

Please wait for the outcome, you can’t predict the HO. Your EEA might be successful like they always say everybody’s case is different. If at all your application is unsuccessful, the tribunal will give you enough time to organise the bundle. Be hopeful, don’t worry we are here to support each other 😊God is in control. Stay blessed.
Ngoo

I doubt it will be successful,but you right let’s wait for outcome first.

Thank you guys

bjoflondon
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by bjoflondon » Tue May 19, 2020 1:45 pm

Hi everyone,
Do we have any updates from anyone please. The wait is killing 🙄🙄🙄

rainbow 66
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by rainbow 66 » Tue May 19, 2020 10:26 pm

Hi everyone,
Thanks for opening this new section.

Im primary care of my British child and I have submitted Zambrano paper application of both myself and my another dependent child in August 2019 and haven’t got decision yet. I raised complaint in February and I was told they would decide by 19April at the latest. But still no news. I emailed them again and I was told it’s delayed due to Covid-w19, and they cannot provide a timeframe.
Both myself and my dependent child are on visitor visa which will be expired in June. Will we become overstayer if our visitor visa expired and our application still not concluded?I would appreciate if someone could give me some advise on what I shall do.
Many thanks.

snooky
United Kingdom

Post by snooky » Thu May 21, 2020 2:37 pm

rainbow 66 wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 10:26 pm
Hi everyone,
Thanks for opening this new section.

Im primary care of my British child and I have submitted Zambrano paper application of both myself and my another dependent child in August 2019 and haven’t got decision yet. I raised complaint in February and I was told they would decide by 19April at the latest. But still no news. I emailed them again and I was told it’s delayed due to Covid-w19, and they cannot provide a timeframe.
Both myself and my dependent child are on visitor visa which will be expired in June. Will we become overstayer if our visitor visa expired and our application still not concluded?I would appreciate if someone could give me some advise on what I shall do.
Many thanks.
rainbow 66

I have read your piece and what I could say is that, similar cases of sort has been discussed here on the old platform.

The problematic part of your EUSS application is that because you are, was/were visitors, irrespective of your child being British your application will fail.

This is because technically you not going to meet the threshold of COMPULSION and COMPELLING. There is no INSURMOUNTABLE which will prevent you to leave the member state as you and your child had a home before coming to UK.

The Zambrano is for Children who are actually born in the EU states to TCNs and when forced to leave will trigger Article 20 TFEU.

As you're visitors, the proper way is to seek entry under Appendix FM of the domestic immigration rules. You don't meet Zambrano C34/9 ruling and Right to Reside under regulation 20 aka regulation 16.

You can apply as parent of a British child under the 5 - 10 year route.

Zambrano is no no as your child already has home outside and nothing peculiar precluding you to go back your country.

The only scenario of such type of your case is children coming from EEA countries who's parents dont have stay and they have exercise their treat right under the free movement.

Hope you will understand as the guidance also excludes you from meeting the eligibility requirements.

Stay safe

rainbow 66
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by rainbow 66 » Thu May 21, 2020 10:26 pm

Dear Snooky,
Thank you very much for your response. I think you are expert.
Yes, I recognised that Apendix FM is probably best route to apply. I wish I could have read your advise before I made the application last year.
I have the following questions:
- As I already submitted Zambrano application 9 months ago, Shall I continue to wait for the decision or shall I withdraw it now to make new Appendix FM application? I look after two children with no income, Appendix FM application fee is very expensive for me.
- If I continue to wait for decision of my Zambrano application, home office cannot remove me after my visitor visa expired because I have pending application with them, is this correct? When I got the result if it’s refused, Can I submit a new Appendix FM application by then.
- Do you think if I shall apply Appendix FM myself or shall I use immigration solicitor to help me submit Appendix FM application? I don’t have much money so I want to know if it’s worthwhile to find a solicitor. Do you know any good solicitor to recommend?
Thank a lot for your help.

mubashir1981
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by mubashir1981 » Fri May 22, 2020 3:11 am

rainbow 66 wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 10:26 pm
Dear Snooky,
Yes, I recognised that Apendix FM is probably best route to apply. I wish I could have read your advise before I made the application last year.
- As I already submitted Zambrano application 9 months ago, Shall I continue to wait for the decision or shall I withdraw it now to make new Appendix FM application? I look after two children with no income, Appendix FM application fee is very expensive for me.
- If I continue to wait for decision of my Zambrano application, home office cannot remove me after my visitor visa expired because I have pending application with them, is this correct? When I got the result if it’s refused, Can I submit a new Appendix FM application by then.
- Do you think if I shall apply Appendix FM myself or shall I use immigration solicitor to help me submit Appendix FM application? I don’t have much money so I want to know if it’s worthwhile to find a solicitor. Do you know any good solicitor to recommend?
U dont need to withdraw instead u can make application fm it will automatically withdraw ur previous application and ur new application date will be ur previous application date will be consider.
If u have British child dont waste money on solicitor instead try fee waver.

snooky
United Kingdom

Post by snooky » Fri May 22, 2020 8:44 am

rainbow 66 wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 10:26 pm
Dear Snooky,
I am glad that you have understood this complex HO laws on immigration.

As advised by mubashir1981, you dont withdraw the application euss Zambrano. Just do appendix fm and it will automatically vary the first one.

You dont need a solicitor unless there is Suitability problem or the person cant understand and follow instructions. But you could get help here or friends you know.

Good news is that, yesterday court of appeal gave another blow to HO IHS or NHS Charges and criteria that has been employed and used illegally by the HO for a long time.

Now CA has directed HO to do fee waiver assessments on destitution. Meaning if applicant show by paying HO fees and IHS will render he/she into destitution, then HO should allow free application. It doesn't matter if you are given home by friend or family.

If you need help to look after your British children, just speak to the NRPF at your local council or the children service. They are under duty to make sure your family dont trigger Inhumane Conditions under Article 3 of the Human Rights Laws, Section 55, and section 17 and 21 of the social act.

rainbow 66
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by rainbow 66 » Sat May 23, 2020 12:02 am

Thank you Snooky and mubashir1981 for your valuable information.

I really want to try fee waiver. My only concern is If I try fee waiver, would it affect my application success rate if HO thinks I’m too poor on finance?

I contacted citizen advise bureau yesterday, their legal advise suggested me to wait for decision of current zambrano application under EU settlement scheme and see what’s the reason of refusal and take it from there as they said Home Office is unpredictable and Apendix FM does cost lots of money. Plus they said Home Office will only reopen in July to enroll biometrics, so even I apply Appendix FM now they will not proceed until July. And they said Zambrano status will end when children reach 18 years old. Is that true?

What about logistics if I do not withdraw current application? EU settlement scheme still hold all of my original documents such as my two children’s birthday certificates, etc. When I make a new Appendix FM application, will EU settlement scheme transfer my documents to new application automatically?

Really appreciate your information here. It helps me a lot.

Catalley09
Zimbabwe

Post by Catalley09 » Sat May 23, 2020 10:07 am

Hello all,

Been following silently and it’s bad news for me

I have been rejected from the eu settlement scheme as l have 2.5 years leave which is up for renewal in October2020,

I have 3 British children all have disabilities and under care of the LA in terms of their welfare, education etc but they live with me

I have thought of reapplying in September instead of doing a AR as l do not have new evidence besides that when l applied to the eu scheme the clause that one should not have valid visa was not in the guardian even as l applied last June and it to them a year to reply me

My question is is it a good idea for me to resubmit my eu application in August/September

Save money for renewal of 2.5 years

Or send out the DRF form to them Now but this run alongside the eu application?

Your help will be appreciated

e12
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by e12 » Sat May 23, 2020 12:24 pm

Hi all ,
Thanks for bringing this back

e12
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by e12 » Sat May 23, 2020 1:24 pm

Hi guys have been following this thread for awhile ,please all im in a fix right now i need advice. I applied for the EU settlement June 2019 have done 5 years on my zambrano route already not inclusive when i applied for my second phase which was refused one year in between in court,Have two kids both British but regarding my first child (12 years old ) have been going to court for 9 years for child contact which i was given twice but the (2 parent) always make sure things goes bad is been a roller coaster for 9 obviously having negative effect on my child so have been restricted on many information needed and my second child is 3 from my partner so i still applied for the EU settlement i included both kids birth certificates, copies of my 5 years residence card,letter from GP for 2nd child , partner British passport and my younger child British passport .Now got mail to show have been RESIDENCE in the UK for 5 years i should send more information . Just confused now, im willing to get a lawyer or should i just resend all documents i first sent back .Copy of email received is attached below .

(APPLIED FOR SETTLED STATUS)

Thank you for your application under the EU Settlement Scheme.

We are in the process of considering your application and we require some additional information or evidence from you to help us to make sure we reach the correct decision. We would like to reassure you that no decision has been made on your EU Settlement Scheme application at this stage and we will work with you to help you with your application.

Consideration has been given to whether you qualify for settled status on the basis of completing a continuous qualifying period of five years’ residence in the UK as the primary carer of a British citizen, referred to in Appendix EU as being a ‘person with a Zambrano right to reside’
We require evidence that you qualify for settled status (indefinite leave to enter or remain) as a person with a Zambrano right to reside, as the current evidence that you have provided does not prove this.

In order to do this, please send us

Evidence of you and your sponsors’ current residence in the UK over a five year period. This can be through the production of documents confirming you and your sponsor have been resident in the UK for a continuous five year period.

Evidence that you have been the primary carer of my first child over a five year period. Evidence can include documents such as doctor’s letters, school letters or other evidence to show that you have been a primary carer for your sponsor over a five year period. It is noted that as my second child is less than five years old, you are unable to qualify for settled status based solely on any primary care over my second child.

You have stated in your application form that your sponsors are cared for by their respective mothers, who are both British Citizens. If there are any medical reasons as to why your sponsors’ mothers are unable to care for your sponsors please provide evidence of this, in the form of a letter from a medical professional stating the condition that the relevant sponsor’s mother is suffering from, the impact that this has on their ability to care for your sponsor, and their future medical prognosis.

If there is no medical reason why your sponsors’ mothers are unable to look after your sponsors, please state this in your reply.

If you are unable to provide any of this evidence, please explain this clearly in your reply to this email.

However, if you wish to rely on a relationship to a relevant EEA citizen or qualifying British citizen, please send us:

• Evidence of the identity and nationality of that EEA citizen or qualifying British citizen. This includes:

▪ Their EU Settlement Scheme reference number; or ▪ their valid EEA passport; or ▪ their valid EEA national identity card; or ▪ their valid British passport.

Any advice and feedback will be well appreciated