ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is changing roles with same employer during spouse visa allowed?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ChugaLuvMe
Malta

Re: Is changing roles with same employer during spouse visa allowed?

Post by ChugaLuvMe » Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:22 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:17 pm
ChugaLuvMe wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:01 pm
CR001 wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:07 am
Topics merged again!
Um thanks, but is it just one topic per account or something?
Suggest read the forum rule on multiple topics, link below, which you were required to read (all forum rules), when joining the forum as you would have ticked that you had done so. ONE topic for all queries on the SAME application.

https://www.immigrationboards.com/annou ... t5722.html
Ok, THANKS.

ChugaLuvMe
Malta

Post by ChugaLuvMe » Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:11 pm

My wife has applied for her spouse visa in March 2020 and we applied using Cat. A. My salary is BELOW £18,600 (I earn £1,100 per month salary) but I applied using overtime - I supplied 6 payslips, each showing at least least £1,550 per month.

Her application is still pending as only recently submitted biometrics. The overtime stopped unfortunately due to limited budget/COVID so I'm back on my normal salary. I'm due to start new employment earning over the £18,600 requirement in a couple of months, so I want to be prepared in case the visa gets refused and we need to apply using Cat. B, so...

1. Just regarding overtime, as long as met the requirements at time of application, we should be OK right? If so, I suppose the following questions don't matter.

2. If visa is refused and we need to apply using Cat. B. - do I also need a letter of employment from my previous employer? Or do I just provide the payslips from previous employer, and payslips from current employer and employer's letter?

3. Do I simply just add the gross pay from all 12 payslips and as long as it comes to £18,600 or more, it's sufficient? Would the fact I've relied on overtime from my previous employer matter?

Is there anything else I may have missed? 12 payslips in total, bank statements to cover the same period, and current employer's letter and payslips?

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:51 pm

ChugaLuvMe wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:11 pm
1. Just regarding overtime, as long as met the requirements at time of application, we should be OK right? If so, I suppose the following questions don't matter.
If the financial requirement is met as at the date of application, it is met. The application won't be refused on that basis.

2. If visa is refused and we need to apply using Cat. B. - do I also need a letter of employment from my previous employer? Or do I just provide the payslips from previous employer, and payslips from current employer and employer's letter?
Appendix FM-SE states "A letter from the employer(s) who issued the payslips"...
I can appreciate it may not be easy to get such a letter from a previous employer.
3. Do I simply just add the gross pay from all 12 payslips and as long as it comes to £18,600 or more, it's sufficient?
Yes, total for the 12months immediately before the date of application.
Would the fact I've relied on overtime from my previous employer matter?
Shouldn't matter. You've touched quite a bit on overtime in this thread of yours.
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."

ChugaLuvMe
Malta

Post by ChugaLuvMe » Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:03 am

Korekt wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:51 pm
ChugaLuvMe wrote:
If the financial requirement is met as at the date of application, it is met. The application won't be refused on that basis.

Appendix FM-SE states "A letter from the employer(s) who issued the payslips"...
I can appreciate it may not be easy to get such a letter from a previous employer.
3. Do I simply just add the gross pay from all 12 payslips and as long as it comes to £18,600 or more, it's sufficient?
Shouldn't matter. You've touched quite a bit on overtime in this thread of yours.
Korekt wrote:
Makes me feel a bit better since my salary is less than 18.6k but I did earn 1,550 consistently through overtime (normally earn 1.1k per month) at application date.

The employer's letter from my old job need to be dated within 28 days of the application, right? Would a letter saying my salary was £14,000 at my old job, but I did overtime from Sep 2019 to Feb 2020 and earned total of £12,000 be needed? Then have a second letter of employment from my current employer confirming what is needed under Appendix FM, and the fact I now earn £18,600 or more?

The above question is in relation to Category B if our current visa is refused.

I do appreciate I have asked a lot of questions however I have been in a state of anxiety since March so I need to prepare to make another application if it's refused.

Sorry but everybody here who has helped me thus far have my infinite gratitude.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:54 am

ChugaLuvMe wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:03 am
Korekt wrote:
ChugaLuvMe wrote:

Korekt wrote:
Makes me feel a bit better since my salary is less than 18.6k but I did earn 1,550 consistently through overtime (normally earn 1.1k per month) at application date.

The employer's letter from my old job need to be dated within 28 days of the application, right? As it is from former employer, does not need to keep within the 28 days gap Would a letter saying my salary was £14,000 at my old job, but I did overtime from Sep 2019 to Feb 2020 and earned total of £12,000 be needed?Yes, among other things it should state to meet the requirements of letter from employer.Then have a second letter of employment from my current employer confirming what is needed under Appendix FM, and the fact I now earn £18,600 or more? Yes

The above question is in relation to Category B if our current visa is refused.

I do appreciate I have asked a lot of questions however I have been in a state of anxiety since March so I need to prepare to make another application if it's refused.
Your pragmatic preparation for any eventualities is commendable, lets hope the current application ends in grant of leave.
Sorry but everybody here who has helped me thus far have my infinite gratitude.

ChugaLuvMe
Malta

Post by ChugaLuvMe » Sat Aug 08, 2020 1:44 am

Thank you. Appreciate it.

ChugaLuvMe
Malta

Post by ChugaLuvMe » Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:10 pm

The visa was granted using overtime!!! Thank you everybody for all your help!

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:15 am

Congrats!
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:08 am

ChugaLuvMe wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:10 pm
The visa was granted using overtime!!! Thank you everybody for all your help!
Congrats.