ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Passport- Newport

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

skasyap
India

Re: British Passport- Newport

Post by skasyap » Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:15 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:26 pm
There could be many possibilities:

1) Application is moved to a different location.
2) The passport photo is not good enough what we provided.
3) They do not like the person we provided to confirm identity - so they will go via counter signatory route which will delay the application a bit more.
4) They want to interview someone to confirm identity.

Really all above are possible assumptions, we can only wait and see...

Once the application is in processing stage... it can be approved the same day also...

I think majority cases they are meeting the 3-4 weeks standard...The automated machine when you call HMPO also confirms the same that they are processing first time passport applications in 3 weeks (majority cases)..

More time for those who fall under the above stated assumptions.

Dont worry ours will come soon too.

I do not care when my British passport comes, the only anxiety I have is I do not have my Pakistani passport in hand to fly out in an emergency. Thats all.
Makes sense what you have mentioned, my worry is that my application is just sitting there somewhere and they are not bothered about processing it.
If there was an issue with application itself they could have simply communicated, but guess what, we are facing another waiting drama and just freaking follow their timescale which looks like only applying on us.

COVID is just an excuse to be honest, how come we are working but they can’t.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:26 pm

If you check the timelines, many times it takes a week or more to get in processing stage. I would suggest not to worry unless your application takes more than 4 weeks. You shall hear soon. We are at the last stage thankfully.. should be over soon...Will keep you updated...

PS: TBH, the British Passport will arrive and sit in our drawers/cupboards anyways. No use until the lockdown and travel restrictions are lifted. Lets enjoy the wait game ;)
Last edited by CULLINAN on Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

skasyap
India

Post by skasyap » Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:28 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:26 pm
If you check the timelines, many times it takes a week or more to get in processing stage. I would suggest not to worry unless your application takes more than 4 weeks. You shall hear soon. We are at the last stage thankfully.. should be over soon...Will keep you updated...
Your assurance is really helpful. Thank you so much, and I am just gona wait as well and will keep you posted. Tc

mjz3
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by mjz3 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:38 pm

Hi everyone

I applied for the New British Passports online for me, wife and daughter around the same time (separate online applications). Identification verification for all three was done together too. The address for sending the documents for all of us were different (Liverpool, Glasgow, Peterborough). Is it normal that passports are processed at different locations? I apologise if this is a silly question.

Kind regards

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Jan 29, 2021 12:21 am

mjz3 wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:38 pm
Hi everyone

I applied for the New British Passports online for me, wife and daughter around the same time (separate online applications). Identification verification for all three was done together too. The address for sending the documents for all of us were different (Liverpool, Glasgow, Peterborough). Is it normal that passports are processed at different locations? I apologise if this is a silly question.

Kind regards
Yes it is normal. Locations are randomly allocated to each applicant separately.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Musti
Tunisia

Post by Musti » Fri Jan 29, 2021 3:50 am

to
[/quote]

Makes sense what you have mentioned, my worry is that my application is just sitting there somewhere and they are not bothered about processing it.
If there was an issue with application itself they could have simply communicated, but guess what, we are facing another waiting drama and just freaking follow their timescale which looks like only applying on us.

COVID is just an excuse to be honest, how come we are working but they can’t.
[/quote]

Just be optimistic. I think that inn shaa Allah tomorrow or by Tuesday next week max both of you will have it processed and most lilely be approved the same or next day. I think they might have sent my application somewhere other than Liverpool as they sent a random email of docukents being received although they sent one before. I kmow of someone who applied a few days after us and already recieved his passport yesterday. Liverpool seem to be actually on point but don't seem botgered about updating the status unless it is approval or printing. The average from what I saw on so many different threads is around 2-3 weeks. And like Cullinan said, it is not as if we are goijg anywhere. I am leaving for medical purposes by the end of Feb so I was always sure that it will come through before then. It is Friday tomorrow so even for me I have to wait for next week to receive and TNT don't seem to deliver on weekends from what I read so just hold tight as we have certainly finished the hard part (naturalisation) which many did not know what the outcome would be but at least now you do. Good luck guys

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Jan 29, 2021 12:03 pm

@skasyap @musti

My application has moved to the processing stage. I did not get any notification but when I logged in my online account it shows that updated on 29th Jan 945am.

What about you??

skasyap
India

Post by skasyap » Fri Jan 29, 2021 12:22 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 12:03 pm
@skasyap @musti

My application has moved to the processing stage. I did not get any notification but when I logged in my online account it shows that updated on 29th Jan 945am.

What about you??
Congratulations 👏. Really happy to hear that. Mine is still in documents received status!!

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Jan 29, 2021 12:26 pm

skasyap wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 12:22 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
@skasyap @musti

What about you??
Congratulations 👏. Really happy to hear that. Mine is still in documents received status!!
Did you log in the account? Do not rely on email/text notifications seems to be not coming through.

skasyap
India

Post by skasyap » Fri Jan 29, 2021 12:31 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 12:26 pm
skasyap wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 12:22 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
@skasyap @musti

What about you??
Did you log in the account? Do not rely on email/text notifications seems to be not coming through.
Yes, just logged in and same status, I guess something is not right with my application otherwise it would have moved to next stage by now. Just need to wait I guess nothing more I can do. Anyway not long left and you should have your passport. Amen 🙏

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Jan 29, 2021 12:45 pm

Thanks and good luck.. soon yours will progress too.. will keep you updated...

Elle01
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Elle01 » Mon Feb 01, 2021 1:28 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 12:45 pm
Thanks and good luck.. soon yours will progress too.. will keep you updated...
hi Cullinan do you by any chance know if one can still apply using the form from post office if not how can my countersign sign for me online ?? I’m a bit confused please advise many thanks Elle

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Feb 01, 2021 1:30 am

Elle01 wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 1:28 am
hi Cullinan do you by any chance know if one can still apply using the form from post office if not how can my countersign sign for me online ?? I’m a bit confused please advise many thanks Elle
Apply online. Given corona, post will be a nightmare.

https://www.gov.uk/apply-first-adult-passport

https://www.gov.uk/confirm-identity-onl ... pplication

jotaele
Mood:
Spain

Post by jotaele » Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:59 pm

One quick question. We are a family of 2 adults and 2 children. I applied for our first passports and we (the 2 adults) were asked to send to Durham and for the children ones to send to Newport. Following advice on this page I sent the documentation of all us 4 to Durham.

Today we (the 2 adults) haven been approved and the passports will probably be printed and sent tomorrow but the children are still stuck in "Application received" (step before "Documents received").

Is this normal? Has anyone been in a similar situation and can share a timeline?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Feb 01, 2021 6:02 pm

Why did you send all documents to Durham when children documents had to be sent to Newport?

You should ideally have sent all documents separately. The children documents will be transferred to Newport internally so few more days.

jotaele
Mood:
Spain

Post by jotaele » Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:06 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 6:02 pm
Why did you send all documents to Durham when children documents had to be sent to Newport?

You should ideally have sent all documents separately. The children documents will be transferred to Newport internally so few more days.
Just followed the advice posted here (https://www.passport.service.gov.uk/hel ... s-guidance)

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:27 pm

jotaele wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:06 pm
CULLINAN wrote:

Just followed the advice posted here (https://www.passport.service.gov.uk/hel ... s-guidance)
Not sure about this but each individual application is separate and generates a HMPO address at the end. Everyone can have the same or a different address. Each applicant should follow individual instructions as per HMPO’s notifications after identity is confirmed.

Probably this link can be followed if all documents are going at the same address only.

jotaele
Mood:
Spain

Post by jotaele » Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:31 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:27 pm
jotaele wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:06 pm
CULLINAN wrote:

Not sure about this but each individual application is separate and generates a HMPO address at the end. Everyone can have the same or a different address. Each applicant should follow individual instructions as per HMPO’s notifications after identity is confirmed.

Probably this link can be followed if all documents are going at the same address only.
Cullinan, have you read this?

"If each person in the group has been given a different address, you can send the documents to any of the addresses we’ve given you."

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:34 pm

Oh just realised. That is fine then. You should hear soon for children also. Probably they will internally transfer the documents to Newport then. You will only know once the documents are returned as where the application was processed.

Has HMPO acknowledged receipt of documents for children? What stage is the application at?

mjz3
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by mjz3 » Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:52 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 12:21 am
mjz3 wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:38 pm
Hi everyone

Kind regards
Yes it is normal. Locations are randomly allocated to each applicant separately.
Thanks CULLINAN

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Feb 02, 2021 2:40 pm

@skasyap

Just an update from my side. My passport application has been approved just now. I hope your case has progressed also. Good luck.

skasyap
India

Post by skasyap » Tue Feb 02, 2021 3:43 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 2:40 pm
@skasyap

Just an update from my side. My passport application has been approved just now. I hope your case has progressed also. Good luck.
Congratulations 👏 really really happy for you !!

Mine is still in documents received status and has not moved to next stage yet. Hoping they have not misplaced my documents.
Only thing I can think of is that my application has not been assigned yet or there is something wrong. In both cases I have not been communicated so m loosing hope now.

Thanks 🙏

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Feb 02, 2021 4:02 pm

skasyap wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 3:43 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
@skasyap

Mine is still in documents received status and has not moved to next stage yet. Hoping they have not misplaced my documents.
Only thing I can think of is that my application has not been assigned yet or there is something wrong. In both cases I have not been communicated so m loosing hope now.

Thanks 🙏
If I was at your place, I would be concerned too. Try contacting HMPO again and see if they can see some sort of internal notifications. Any issues with the payment at their end??

I have deduced from my conversation with HMPO that application moves ahead to processing only when payment is cleared. I know it is gone through from your end, but try asking HMPO again. Did you pay with credit/debit card?

skasyap
India

Post by skasyap » Tue Feb 02, 2021 4:11 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 4:02 pm
skasyap wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 3:43 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
@skasyap

Thanks 🙏
If I was at your place, I would be concerned too. Try contacting HMPO again and see if they can see some sort of internal notifications. Any issues with the payment at their end??

Just called them and this is what they replied “ I can confirm that the application was received by Her Majesty's Passport Office and administered onto our system on 13/01/2021. The application is currently awaiting examination.”

Did not ask if there was any issue with the payment so might call them again and check.

I have deduced from my conversation with HMPO that application moves ahead to processing only when payment is cleared. I know it is gone through from your end, but try asking HMPO again. Did you pay with credit/debit card?
Paid with Debit card.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Feb 02, 2021 4:30 pm

Just called them and this is what they replied “ I can confirm that the application was received by Her Majesty's Passport Office and administered onto our system on 13/01/2021. The application is currently awaiting examination.”
I hope it is resolved soon for you!!