ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Timeframe for ILR- Workpermit based

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ckmanoj

Post by ckmanoj » Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:11 pm

oh i didn't realised I could do this for her as soon as we got ILR. I am going to India next month for few weeks and probably if I decide to live here then will apply... thanks for the update.

valsad
India

Post by valsad » Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:54 pm

ckmanoj wrote:oh i didn't realised I could do this for her as soon as we got ILR. I am going to India next month for few weeks and probably if I decide to live here then will apply... thanks for the update.
You can now also apply for child benefit and child tax credit. if you are paying for childcare then depending upon your situation, might be eligible for 'childcare element' of tax credit. check hmrc website for details.

dblore123
Newly Registered

Post by dblore123 » Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:51 pm

Hi Surdy,

Can you please share the benefits you foresee by changing yours son's nationality to british.
I am in the same situation as you are. ILR approved. Current nationality is Indian.

Look forward to your views as this will assist me in taking a decision.

Also I checked with the HMRC. Child benefits and tax credits are available once a person is out of immigration control(ILR is a type of "Out of Immigration Control").

Thanks
dblore