ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

My Son(Minor) Indian passport renew has been denied

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Sivaquery
United Kingdom

Re: My Son(Minor) Indian passport renew has been denied

Post by Sivaquery » Fri Aug 16, 2024 10:14 am

rubyracer2 wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2024 8:55 am
Hi , was anyone able to submit an application for their children's passport renewal?
Hi,

I submitted my kids applications in July. I rec'd their Passports this week. It took around 4 weeks to process them. The validity of the passports is 2 years only(instead of the usual 5 years). No explanation was given.

Has anyone else also submitted their children's Passport for renewal? Is so, did you get the full validity period?

rubyracer2
Member of Standing
India

Post by rubyracer2 » Fri Aug 16, 2024 10:17 am

Sivaquery wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2024 10:14 am

Hi,

I submitted my kids applications in July. I rec'd their Passports this week. It took around 4 weeks to process them. The validity of the passports is 2 years only(instead of the usual 5 years). No explanation was given.

Has anyone else also submitted their children's Passport for renewal? Is so, did you get the full validity period?
Hi Siva, that's great news, congrats. Are VFS accepting applications now? Did you submit in London? Using the regular process or using an email to the high commission

Thanks in advance

Sivaquery
United Kingdom

Post by Sivaquery » Fri Aug 16, 2024 2:18 pm

rubyracer2 wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2024 10:17 am
Sivaquery wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2024 10:14 am
Hi Siva, that's great news, congrats. Are VFS accepting applications now? Did you submit in London? Using the regular process or using an email to the high commission

Thanks in advance
Hi
I got a call from the VFS Edinburgh Staff (we live in Scotland) in July asking me to submit the applications.
It was the usual standard process. I went to VFS office by myself without the kids and submitted the applications. It took 4 weeks for them to be issued. But as I mentioned they have a validity of 2 years only.

I am not sure about VFS in London or Birmingham, But maybe they are calling people in batches as the number of people waiting might be more. It might be worth calling or going in person to check.

Thanks
Siva