ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

June 2024 Citizenship Ceremonies naturalisation certificates

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

KerryKing
Newly Registered
Mood:
European Union

Re: June 2024 Citizenship Ceremonies naturalisation certificates

Post by KerryKing » Fri Aug 02, 2024 1:11 pm

I think transparency and blunt honesty are needed most at the moment which I believe should be very easy for the officials.

"Printing has begun", "posting has begun", "in the next two weeks", "next few weeks", "this time there won't be long waiting times" etc.

Seeing it's already been 8 weeks we all know all of these statements above are incorrect. We are all aware that granting citizenship is at the discretion of a country and noone's being disrespectful or greedy. But at least it's a fair request to ask for a true timeline as people's lives and jobs are affected here.

I believe it would be more helpful to ask the TDs to push for honesty and transparency.

We need something like "we havent even started anything yet. There are 10,000 people. Printing will be x certs per day, over the next 2 months, and postage will be x certs per day, between September and October"

Because when they ask why they are not sent yet, the answer is always generic, always one of the sentences above and so far all of them turned out to be the exact opposite of truth.

rovertom
Newly Registered
Mood:
Hong Kong

Post by rovertom » Fri Aug 02, 2024 2:42 pm

I have received the following response from my TD:

“We refer to your correspondence dated XXXX 2024 on behalf of XXXXX.

Person ID Number: XXXXX

Application Number: XXXXX

We would like to congratulate XXXXX on becoming an Irish citizen.

We can advise that the Citizenship Division are currently in the process of issuing certificates.

Please note all certificates are issued by registered post and will require a signature on delivery for the security of the document.

Over 10,000 people were naturalised at the Citizenship Ceremonies held across June 2024. The Citizenship Division aim to issue each Certificate of Naturalisation as soon as possible. However, as you can appreciate, due to the volume of citizens we expect it may take some time for all certificates to be delivered.

Unfortunately, it isn't possible to extract an individual certificate from the process and manually post it.

XXXXX ongoing patience while XX awaits XXX certificate is greatly appreciated.”

Leo99
Ireland

Post by Leo99 » Sat Aug 03, 2024 8:00 am

rovertom wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2024 2:42 pm
I have received the following response from my TD:

“We refer to your correspondence dated XXXX 2024 on behalf of XXXXX.

Person ID Number: XXXXX

Application Number: XXXXX

We would like to congratulate XXXXX on becoming an Irish citizen.

We can advise that the Citizenship Division are currently in the process of issuing certificates.

Please note all certificates are issued by registered post and will require a signature on delivery for the security of the document.

Over 10,000 people were naturalised at the Citizenship Ceremonies held across June 2024. The Citizenship Division aim to issue each Certificate of Naturalisation as soon as possible. However, as you can appreciate, due to the volume of citizens we expect it may take some time for all certificates to be delivered.

Unfortunately, it isn't possible to extract an individual certificate from the process and manually post it.

XXXXX ongoing patience while XX awaits XXX certificate is greatly appreciated.”
It's all lies. Printing, Posting, Issuing. I have never seen such an incompetent department. Digitise everything. idk what's stopping them from doing it.

munnema
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by munnema » Sun Aug 04, 2024 12:37 pm

I emailed last week and got this response today
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your email. We expect to commence issuing Certificates of Naturalisation this week to those that attended the ceremonies in June.

So it's all just lies by the looks of it.

KerryKing
Newly Registered
Mood:
European Union

Post by KerryKing » Mon Aug 05, 2024 9:47 am

I'd like to use this opportunity to remind all new citizens to make sure to register for voting in the next election. This is not a political post, it's a citizenship duty. So please perform your duty for your new country.

PS: oh and by the way, I'd simply remember to check which party holds department of justice. That's the least you can do to return the favour.

antoforeign
Newly Registered
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by antoforeign » Mon Aug 05, 2024 1:34 pm

Do guys check the Facebook group.

Some people have started to receive their certificates just hold on we are nearly there.

The next ceremony is in September everyone should at least receive it by then

User20123
Mood:
Ireland

Post by User20123 » Tue Aug 06, 2024 10:36 am

antoforeign wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2024 1:34 pm

Some people have started to receive their certificates just hold on we are nearly there.

I am not part of the FB groups but Its a good news that people have started receiving their certs.

crisfp93
Newly Registered
Brazil

Post by crisfp93 » Tue Aug 06, 2024 11:11 am

As far as I know, nobody has received certificates yet. They mentioned that they will start issuing this week, so hopefully this or next week. I can imagine that the Passport Office will have a hard time this time with 10k naturalised applicants + all other Irish nationals but as we are nearly towards the end of the summer, it shouldn't take long for straightforward applicants.

Leo99
Ireland

Post by Leo99 » Tue Aug 06, 2024 12:39 pm

antoforeign wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2024 1:34 pm

When did the fb group people got it? Today?

KerryKing
Newly Registered
Mood:
European Union

Post by KerryKing » Tue Aug 06, 2024 3:39 pm

crisfp93 wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2024 11:11 am
As far as I know, nobody has received certificates yet. They mentioned that they will start issuing this week, so hopefully this or next week. I can imagine that the Passport Office will have a hard time this time with 10k naturalised applicants + all other Irish nationals but as we are nearly towards the end of the summer, it shouldn't take long for straightforward applicants.
I am pretty sure FB groups do not have priority and since noone here received it, we can safely assume they did not even start sending anything. In Ireland it takes 2 days max for registered post, yet for the last 6 weeks they keep saying "it will be sent next week".

More importantly that document literally means nothing without the passport. So you will be citizen only when you receive your passport, which you can safely assume will not be issued to you before November-December.

For my family (applied in July 2022) it looks like it will be 30 months in total (if not further delayed)

This is the current timeline for citizenship for which the department of justice repeatedly has been saying "waiting times have been reduced".

karlrocks
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by karlrocks » Tue Aug 06, 2024 4:11 pm

This is completely incorrect information.

You are a legal Irish citizen when you attend the ceremony and swear fidelity to the state. Yes, the passport is what enables you to avail of many perks of citizenship like visa-free travel, but the passport has nothing at all to do with your legal position as an Irish citizen as you cannot get an Irish passport unless you are legally Irish. Your Irish passport cannot exist without a naturalisation certificate.

While there are delays in issuing the certs, the last batch took 3 months to issue, meaning that the worst case is that the certs will be delivered by the end of September. With further ceremonies scheduled for later in the year, I think it is incredibly unlikely backlogs are going to overlap ceremonies 4-6months apart.

As you may have noticed, many people here are very anxious to get these certs promptly and to finish this long and exhausting process. Comments like yours that retort opinionated, factually incorrect information does nothing but add to the haze of uncertainty that your post itself is complaining about. There is no evidence whatsoever that would lead anyone to believe that those who attended in June will be waiting until 2025 to receive a cert as you are suggesting.

irynawlsn
Newly Registered
Ukraine

Post by irynawlsn » Tue Aug 06, 2024 5:40 pm

I agree. Having a passport has no direct connection with being an Irish citizen (though to get the passport you must be one, but the converse does not hold). Many citizens of many countriies have opted, for various reasons, not to apply for, or renew, a passsport, but that in no way affects their rights (and responsibilities) as citizens of that country.

Leo99
Ireland

Post by Leo99 » Tue Aug 06, 2024 6:06 pm

Check these 2 links and Ministers Reply to it. its really funny, one was asked in June and ne in July. i would like to know what method they use to print this. lmao

https://www.oireachtas.ie/en/debates/qu ... ralisation
https://www.oireachtas.ie/en/debates/qu ... ertificate

kd_irl
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by kd_irl » Tue Aug 06, 2024 6:44 pm

KerryKing wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2024 3:39 pm
crisfp93 wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2024 11:11 am
I am pretty sure FB groups do not have priority and since noone here received it, we can safely assume they did not even start sending anything. In Ireland it takes 2 days max for registered post, yet for the last 6 weeks they keep saying "it will be sent next week".

More importantly that document literally means nothing without the passport. So you will be citizen only when you receive your passport, which you can safely assume will not be issued to you before November-December.

For my family (applied in July 2022) it looks like it will be 30 months in total (if not further delayed)

This is the current timeline for citizenship for which the department of justice repeatedly has been saying "waiting times have been reduced".
I don’t think it has anything to do with priority. There are more people on FB group than here, meaning that statistically there might be people who already received it.

lxk
Ireland

Post by lxk » Wed Aug 07, 2024 1:03 pm

There is a post on Facebook stating that a TD has received a reply that due to printer malfunctions it is expected that the certificates will arrive by post in the first week of September.
If this information has gone to a TD then I think it is about time that the Minister of Justice arranged for all of us to be properly informed.

KerryKing
Newly Registered
Mood:
European Union

Post by KerryKing » Wed Aug 07, 2024 1:08 pm

OK it looks like there are certain people in this forum who sees undeniable truth but takes it as personal opinion. They act like patients reacting to the doctor for the diagnosis. I am sorry to hurt your feelings simply by reiterating the official information provided by the minister.

What is also replied to me about passport is also 100% incorrect. It's not for travel and it's definitely not a courtesy and not optional. No employer will accept that certificate or no bank branch will open a bank account for you using that certificate. Every single person and organization you deal with will request the passport and you all know it. Even though the very first thing everyone will do when they receive the certificate is to apply for the passport, here is a challenge for you: just try to do anything in Ireland using the certificate only and see what happens.

I am very disappointed because of this misinformation deliberately being spread by the department of justice. This is not an opinion. Just check the official statements made by the department. It is being printed, it is already posted, it is issued... If I had known these things 2 years ago I would have conviced my wife just to give up. So I am trying to do a favour for the next person like me, okay? Germany just changed their naturalisation law to give citizenship in just three years for quick learners. This is an immigration board so this is all relevant. People who are considering to come to Ireland assuming they can get citizenship after 5 years will probably check these forums. So, if it doesn't concern you let this post stay here maybe it helps another fella.

Latest response to a TD has just confirmed that the certificates will not be sent before September as the minister confirmed that they were not even printed yet. February ceremony were around 5,000 people and it took almost 3 months to receive the certificates. June is 10,000 people and they haven't even started yet. You do the math and feel yourself lucky if you receive it in November.

I am only saying it because the very least thing that anyone here can do is to ask for help from your TDs to push for transparency because TDs are being provided with incorrect information deliberately. The minister may not care about us but she may change her approach if TDs question the integrity of the information.

kmosgirl2
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by kmosgirl2 » Wed Aug 07, 2024 2:57 pm

lxk wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2024 1:03 pm
There is a post on Facebook stating that a TD has received a reply that due to printer malfunctions it is expected that the certificates will arrive by post in the first week of September.
If this information has gone to a TD then I think it is about time that the Minister of Justice arranged for all of us to be properly informed.
This is actually terrible as this was the same excuse they gave for not issuing the certificate to those that attended the February ceremonies. If printing of certs has been outsourced to an external agent, how is printing an issue? Anyway, September it is then. Safe to say we shouldn’t expect anything this month.

User20123
Mood:
Ireland

Post by User20123 » Wed Aug 07, 2024 3:21 pm

KerryKing wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2024 1:08 pm
OK it looks like there are certain people in this forum who sees undeniable truth but takes it as personal opinion. They act like patients reacting to the doctor for the diagnosis. I am sorry to hurt your feelings simply by reiterating the official information provided by the minister.

What is also replied to me about passport is also 100% incorrect. It's not for travel and it's definitely not a courtesy and not optional. No employer will accept that certificate or no bank branch will open a bank account for you using that certificate. Every single person and organization you deal with will request the passport and you all know it. Even though the very first thing everyone will do when they receive the certificate is to apply for the passport, here is a challenge for you: just try to do anything in Ireland using the certificate only and see what happens.

I am very disappointed because of this misinformation deliberately being spread by the department of justice. This is not an opinion. Just check the official statements made by the department. It is being printed, it is already posted, it is issued... If I had known these things 2 years ago I would have conviced my wife just to give up. So I am trying to do a favour for the next person like me, okay? Germany just changed their naturalisation law to give citizenship in just three years for quick learners. This is an immigration board so this is all relevant. People who are considering to come to Ireland assuming they can get citizenship after 5 years will probably check these forums. So, if it doesn't concern you let this post stay here maybe it helps another fella.

Latest response to a TD has just confirmed that the certificates will not be sent before September as the minister confirmed that they were not even printed yet. February ceremony were around 5,000 people and it took almost 3 months to receive the certificates. June is 10,000 people and they haven't even started yet. You do the math and feel yourself lucky if you receive it in November.

I am only saying it because the very least thing that anyone here can do is to ask for help from your TDs to push for transparency because TDs are being provided with incorrect information deliberately. The minister may not care about us but she may change her approach if TDs question the integrity of the information.
Do you have the link where MoJ mentioned about certs will not be sent before Sep?

User20123
Mood:
Ireland

Post by User20123 » Wed Aug 07, 2024 3:29 pm

It is unbelievable to see the lies with which this department communicates with people. Someone here posted an email stating that certs would begin posting this week, and now I'm reading that some TD has received a response from MoJ that certs will not be sent before the first week of September :?:

I agree that receiving a cert is one thing, but everyone's main priority is to apply for a passport right away because we've all taken the oath and know we're Irish, but the document that will be more useful in our case is a passport, and this department's laziness in sending out certificates is driving everyone crazy.

To be honest, nothing we say here or to the TD will make much of a difference; this department is clearly unwilling to change their current process, and as a result, we are all affected.

10,000 people got naturalised in June!! I mean, it took nearly two months to post 5,000 certs in feb
and the lot (us) in June is going through the worst because they have never hosted a ceremony with so many people before.

c08lam
Newly Registered
Mood:
Hong Kong

Post by c08lam » Wed Aug 07, 2024 4:28 pm

How do we travel without receiving this cert?
Do we all need to wait months and then we can travel?

cdn16
Newly Registered
India

Post by cdn16 » Wed Aug 07, 2024 5:47 pm

What’s really tragic is that event after attending the ceremony, after “officially” becoming Irish citizens, some of us have hard time planning our travels/holidays and convincing our employers that we don’t need IRP/work permits anymore. Mine, for one, expiring by the end of this month and though my employer is ok to wait, I’m not sure if they’ll be happy to hear about the waiting game regarding the certs and passport. Without a valid IRP and Irish passport, I can’t leave the country, for God knows how long!

User20123
Mood:
Ireland

Post by User20123 » Wed Aug 07, 2024 5:48 pm

c08lam wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2024 4:28 pm
How do we travel without receiving this cert?
Do we all need to wait months and then we can travel?
yes, we have to wait. We can not travel just based on the cert!

User20123
Mood:
Ireland

Post by User20123 » Wed Aug 07, 2024 5:48 pm

cdn16 wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2024 5:47 pm
What’s really tragic is that event after attending the ceremony, after “officially” becoming Irish citizens, some of us have hard time planning our travels/holidays and convincing our employers that we don’t need IRP/work permits anymore. Mine, for one, expiring by the end of this month and though my employer is ok to wait, I’m not sure if they’ll be happy to hear about the waiting game regarding the certs and passport. Without a valid IRP and Irish passport, I can’t leave the country, for God knows how long!
Tell me about it!! No summer holidays i guess this year :O

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Wed Aug 07, 2024 6:48 pm

KerryKing wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2024 1:08 pm
No employer will accept that certificate
Mine did just fine.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

sairsint
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by sairsint » Wed Aug 07, 2024 8:08 pm

I just came back here to see if the certificates were issued yet and to my surprise (no, not really) they haven't!

I was in the February ceremony and it was around 1,200 people in total. Someone said it was 5,000 in this post and that is not an accurate statement. However, my partner was in the December ceremony and it was just over 6,000 people and guess what? Both ceremonies took exactly 10 weeks before they started issuing certificates. However ridiculous it may be, just wait the 10 weeks and you will start to see them show up.

And for the who accepts a naturalisation certificate as proof issue... Well, technically everyone should because it's an official government document that states you are an Irish citizen. I had to use mine for a very specific case while I was waiting for my passport (another 2 plus month process) and they ended up accepting it. It's much more common and accepted to use a passport to show proof of citizenship, but you can use your certificate if it's absolutely required.