ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Changes announced to the Immigration Rules

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

NemesisDude
Newly Registered

Is this all true ?

Post by NemesisDude » Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:48 am

I am on HSMP (expires sept, 2009) without Master’s degree. As I see, the situation is not really clear. I am bit puzzled but why HO not putting the above stuff on their web so that everyone can feel easy about it.

What is the best step now? Hope that this changes wont affect current HSMP holders when applying for extension OR should I apply for extension now as I already meet the points criteria with current rule?

Any help guys? :roll:

NemesisDude
Newly Registered

Reply from UK Borders

Post by NemesisDude » Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:11 am

Whenever I email my enquiry for HSMP extension, I only get this -

Thank you for contacting the UK Border Agency.

We regret that, due to unusually high demand for this service during recent weeks, we are currently unable to provide individual, personalised responses to new enquiries.

--------------------

Am I really unlucky ? :oops:

hsmpOct2007
Newly Registered

Re: Reply from UK Borders

Post by hsmpOct2007 » Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:17 am

NemesisDude wrote:Whenever I email my enquiry for HSMP extension, I only get this -

Thank you for contacting the UK Border Agency.

We regret that, due to unusually high demand for this service during recent weeks, we are currently unable to provide individual, personalised responses to new enquiries.

--------------------

Am I really unlucky ? :oops:
Hi NemesisDude,

Dont mind me saying this :).
But the answer to your question is there in the posts just before yours.
If you would care to read the posts the users have taken time to post , Im sure you will find it. ;-)

As per the mails Ive recieved and some others from the UKBA enquiries , they will be revising the immigrations laws on Mar31, atleast thats what it seems like from the emails we have recieved.

Atleast, Im quite convinced with the replies Ive seen here that you wont be affected.
I wouldnt apply for an early extension if I were you, but thats me.
But as far as I know there is nothing stopping you from applying to Tier1 now.

cheers,

NemesisDude
Newly Registered

@hsmpOct2007

Post by NemesisDude » Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:50 am

Thanks for reply dude.

Funny bit - I just called up a visa consultant to check if its okay for me to apply the extension now, he rejected it saying - this is too early and HSMP extension applicants wont be affected by the changes.

Opps and I thought we need to do bit of business to get the recession off ! .... lol

NemesisDude
Newly Registered

This is bit strange!

Post by NemesisDude » Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:31 am

I called another consultant to help me with the visa situation, and according to him current changes wont affect HSMP extension applicants but this may change soon as well. He is predicting they are planning changes again in June.

Also he pointed out that I could only submit my application to home office when there is only 3 months left on my visa and not before that?

Is that true as well?

maximux79

Re: This is bit strange!

Post by maximux79 » Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:39 am

Hello, actually no one can answer for speculations...if the VISA consultant is speculating that more stringent rules will be im place in June, then we may have to face that....regarding applying early for extension, this topic was discussed a lot in the fist 6 pages and there's no definite answer on this....If you apply ealry, you need to explain the reason in a letter and then its upto the caseworker's dicretion to decide on this...

Please go through the first 6 pages and i'm sure you would get answers to most of your queries...cheers
NemesisDude wrote:I called another consultant to help me with the visa situation, and according to him current changes wont affect HSMP extension applicants but this may change soon as well. He is predicting they are planning changes again in June.

Also he pointed out that I could only submit my application to home office when there is only 3 months left on my visa and not before that?

Is that true as well?

technocrat181
Newly Registered

Post by technocrat181 » Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:22 am

Hello Forum Moderators,

Can you please make this thread as sticky ? :)

As it deals with the most important, 'hottest' & latest news published by Homeoffice on the very topics for which forums like "immigratioboards.com" itself are created. The thread is also easily turning out to be the most important one being discussed in by the late.

NemesisDude
Newly Registered

Spoke to Ben from HO

Post by NemesisDude » Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:42 am

Good old ben, reply was same. Clearly HSMP guys like me can extend (with old rules) and there are no catchs in it anywhere (I had a quite nice talk actually)

I explained him the stuff going around on forums and he is ready to put this 'explaination' about HSMP extensions in FAQ section soon in coming days (on HO website may be) ...

Ciao

ian0921
Newly Registered

Post by ian0921 » Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:48 pm

hi guys look at that :evil: :evil: :evil:
The new rules also make changes to Tier 1 of the Points Based System for highly skilled workers. Applicants under the Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) route will no longer receive points for post graduate certificates and diplomas other than UK Postgraduate
Certificates of Education and those applying for their first period of leave under Tier 1 (General) will no longer receive points for Bachelors degrees or for previous earnings of less than £20,000.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:00 pm

Sorry,but isn't this that we have been discussing all along? Is there anthing that you want to highlight here?
ian0921 wrote:hi guys look at that :evil: :evil: :evil:
The new rules also make changes to Tier 1 of the Points Based System for highly skilled workers. Applicants under the Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) route will no longer receive points for post graduate certificates and diplomas other than UK Postgraduate
Certificates of Education and those applying for their first period of leave under Tier 1 (General) will no longer receive points for Bachelors degrees or for previous earnings of less than £20,000.

regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

ismscc
Newly Registered

Re: This is bit strange!

Post by ismscc » Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:17 pm

NemesisDude wrote:I called another consultant to help me with the visa situation, and according to him current changes wont affect HSMP extension applicants but this may change soon as well. He is predicting they are planning changes again in June.

Is that true as well?
I think you can apply at any time but if it's more than 5 weeks prior to the expiry of your current visa, your new period of leave will be granted starting frome the APPROVAL date of your new visa. If you apply within 5 weeks prior to expiry, the new period of leave will start from the expiry date of your current visa.

I really pray that they won't change it again in June. This round of changes is tough enough and it'll dramatically cut down on the immigration rate, especially in this climate.

They shouldn't victimise existing HSMP/Tier 1 holders because people whom are already here are contributing positively to the economy and the country. If all the current HSMP/Tier 1 holders are forced to leave, think about the sudden void in the property market and decline of sales from high street shops, etc. etc. remember the country had always been developing to meet the demand of the present consumer market.

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:58 pm

technocrat181 wrote:Hello Forum Moderators,

Can you please make this thread as sticky ? :)

As it deals with the most important, 'hottest' & latest news published by Homeoffice on the very topics for which forums like "immigratioboards.com" itself are created. The thread is also easily turning out to be the most important one being discussed in by the late.
A link to this thread is already included in the sticky Guidance.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

wikiali
Newly Registered

little help for every 1

Post by wikiali » Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:57 am

itz nuffin to be worried if u r qualified.jokin

latest news from bia 12 march 2009

check the website:

u need adobe reader.

http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/siteco ... iew=Binary

pg diploma is not applicable for psw ( tier 1) afetr 31 march
we will need uk postgratuate certificate in education .

so first of all we need to clear what is postgratuate certificate in education.
so this certificate is direct entry to master i mean this programme meets the prerequiste entry to masters offered by any university.

to get this certificate ur field of education same as ur previous education which gona lead to ur master. so u u kant change ur field of study after enrty to this country.

however there is no evidence of abuse of the qualification and students must meet robust requirements including mandatory previous qualifications in order to gain this qualification.and u ll get points for this qualification.if ur level of qualification is same as previous field.

now serious well blood after 31 march pg diploma or certificate will no be applicable for bachelors degree points .so u ll not get 30 points for ur diploma .all u kan get is 5 points for uk experience ( education).

as far as below 20000 income is concern so u wont get any point for income below 20000 .all u kan get is 5 point uk experience( earning) if ur income is over 16000.

so as u aware u kan get 5 points 4 uk experience wether earning or education.

so so far u have 5 points.

now lets move forward ...

age points same as old.

under 28 =20
under 29= 10
and so on

education points : so blood tiz topic iz full of rumors so i want to clear confusion of all guys who are spreadin rumors dat we need uk master degree.

so blood pd diploam is no more valid so u wont get points as for bachelors degree ( uk standard)

blood we all need masters degree equivalent to uk bachelors degree compared by uk naric.so we need letter of comparibility from uk naric.
before people from back home who have done bachelors degree ( hons) specialy de get same level as uk.i mean

some bachelors degree ( hons) = uk bachelors degree ordinary=0 points
so we have to get master degree as uk need highly qualified people.

so back home masters degree = uk bachelors degree ( hons) =30 points

good news for 20 person masters from renowned universities in india = uk masters degree

nd pakistan ,bangladesh ,srilanka masters = bachelors neway .

bad news for students who have didnt pass matriculation or intermediate but de have done pg diploma from uk colleges or unis.

well m not blamin dem ,i mean to say is for get admission in pg diplma ur education have to be equivelant to uk bachelors degree which iz back home masters as i explained earlier .
and ur background must be from da same field .

i will explain thiz in thiz way dat lets say i have done bachelors in computing from back home but here i have got da admmision in postgratdutae diploam in business administration which is not my field .

all i want to say is problem is only for those who dun have masters degree from back home and u kant show dem fake degree as de verifying everything.even from back home.

so lets kum to earnings: according to new points affecting after 31 march 2009.

20000 pounds = 10 points ( prvious 15 points)

23000+ = 15 points

27000= 20 points

30000= 25 points

34000+ = 30 points

37000+= 35 ponits

40000= 40 points

44000=45 points

now again bad news for students over 29

guys u need 34600 pound earning for claiming 30 points so da only way u kan get 34000 is self employed juz bcoz of credit crunch.lol

so da problem is we have to pay 40% tax ,8 % ni( national insurance) 2.30 pound weekly ni contributuion for class 2. so at da end of day u ll pay 9000 pound in taxes after exemption .

check da hm revunue website:

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/rates/it.htm

so it includes ur employment aswell i mean if m gettin 2000 pounds from ma job nd rest of da money m getting by being self employed so we need 34000 so in thiz case da taxes are same.

now intelligent people try to understand that at the end of day whatever we gna earn ,we gna give back to hm revunue ,den rent food ,traveling etc

so all they want is tax thats y de makin rules toughest .

and lets say if u get tier 1 so it means not dat u ll close ur business which was only in papers coz for three years u have to give dem p60.

before if anybody was gettin hsmp so at the end of third year i mean last year of hsmp visa de were showing dat i was doin business and de were getting hsmp extension but guys if u check da new rules for hsmp extension .we wont be livin here .

coz all u will get after 7 years is british passport nuffing else .hahhaa
why i ma saying is for citizenship u have to be in this country for 7 years .coz after completeing five years on hsmp de gna give u probationary citizenship for 2 years den u switch to permenat citizenship. and in dat stay u ll have to show p60 last 5 years so tax tax and tax.

check it out website:

so dun go for rumors and plan what to do in future.and believe in ALLAH

thanx guys sorry if i have hurt someone emotions.

keep in touch and enjoy
cheers

psdesai
BANNED

Post by psdesai » Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:26 am

How did u know about all these points on each bands.
Even homeoffice is not briefed about this!
Its only a brief statement of what we already know.
Dont spread roumours man. not helping....

nionlight
Member of Standing

Re: little help for every 1

Post by nionlight » Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:07 am

salam ali. just want to know, how you get the point calculation? is it your speculation or you hav a link?
Last edited by nionlight on Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

applyhsmp

Post by applyhsmp » Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:09 am

Fantastic and detailed analysis Ali. Though would have preffered better English for us lesser mortals.

Add to whatever you have said, provision where migrants would need to pay for services such as NHS and even after becoming citizens may not be allowed access to these services for upto 10 years. Not sure where all this is leading to. Makes HSM migrants cash cows, with B grade treatment.

Though I have Masters and would not be effected by changes coming in as of April 2009, I think the changes in immigration rules are coming thick and fast. I am seriously contemplating going back to India for good. I have couple of Australian friends who have already packed up and gone / going.

NemesisDude
Newly Registered

BULL SHIT !

Post by NemesisDude » Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:16 am

DUDE just get lost with this 'Rumors'… no one knows about 'Bands', as the Home office will declare the exact rules on 31st March. Currently the understanding is as per previous posts in this thread.

So just shut up!

wikiali wrote:itz nuffin to be worried if u r qualified.jokin

latest news from bia 12 march 2009

check the website:

u need adobe reader.

http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/siteco ... iew=Binary

pg diploma is not applicable for psw ( tier 1) afetr 31 march
we will need uk postgratuate certificate in education .

so first of all we need to clear what is postgratuate certificate in education.
so this certificate is direct entry to master i mean this programme meets the prerequiste entry to masters offered by any university.

to get this certificate ur field of education same as ur previous education which gona lead to ur master. so u u kant change ur field of study after enrty to this country.

however there is no evidence of abuse of the qualification and students must meet robust requirements including mandatory previous qualifications in order to gain this qualification.and u ll get points for this qualification.if ur level of qualification is same as previous field.

now serious well blood after 31 march pg diploma or certificate will no be applicable for bachelors degree points .so u ll not get 30 points for ur diploma .all u kan get is 5 points for uk experience ( education).

as far as below 20000 income is concern so u wont get any point for income below 20000 .all u kan get is 5 point uk experience( earning) if ur income is over 16000.

so as u aware u kan get 5 points 4 uk experience wether earning or education.

so so far u have 5 points.

now lets move forward ...

age points same as old.

under 28 =20
under 29= 10
and so on

education points : so blood tiz topic iz full of rumors so i want to clear confusion of all guys who are spreadin rumors dat we need uk master degree.

so blood pd diploam is no more valid so u wont get points as for bachelors degree ( uk standard)

blood we all need masters degree equivalent to uk bachelors degree compared by uk naric.so we need letter of comparibility from uk naric.
before people from back home who have done bachelors degree ( hons) specialy de get same level as uk.i mean

some bachelors degree ( hons) = uk bachelors degree ordinary=0 points
so we have to get master degree as uk need highly qualified people.

so back home masters degree = uk bachelors degree ( hons) =30 points

good news for 20 person masters from renowned universities in india = uk masters degree

nd pakistan ,bangladesh ,srilanka masters = bachelors neway .

bad news for students who have didnt pass matriculation or intermediate but de have done pg diploma from uk colleges or unis.

well m not blamin dem ,i mean to say is for get admission in pg diplma ur education have to be equivelant to uk bachelors degree which iz back home masters as i explained earlier .
and ur background must be from da same field .

i will explain thiz in thiz way dat lets say i have done bachelors in computing from back home but here i have got da admmision in postgratdutae diploam in business administration which is not my field .

all i want to say is problem is only for those who dun have masters degree from back home and u kant show dem fake degree as de verifying everything.even from back home.

so lets kum to earnings: according to new points affecting after 31 march 2009.

20000 pounds = 10 points ( prvious 15 points)

23000+ = 15 points

27000= 20 points

30000= 25 points

34000+ = 30 points

37000+= 35 ponits

40000= 40 points

44000=45 points

now again bad news for students over 29

guys u need 34600 pound earning for claiming 30 points so da only way u kan get 34000 is self employed juz bcoz of credit crunch.lol

so da problem is we have to pay 40% tax ,8 % ni( national insurance) 2.30 pound weekly ni contributuion for class 2. so at da end of day u ll pay 9000 pound in taxes after exemption .

check da hm revunue website:

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/rates/it.htm

so it includes ur employment aswell i mean if m gettin 2000 pounds from ma job nd rest of da money m getting by being self employed so we need 34000 so in thiz case da taxes are same.

now intelligent people try to understand that at the end of day whatever we gna earn ,we gna give back to hm revunue ,den rent food ,traveling etc

so all they want is tax thats y de makin rules toughest .

and lets say if u get tier 1 so it means not dat u ll close ur business which was only in papers coz for three years u have to give dem p60.

before if anybody was gettin hsmp so at the end of third year i mean last year of hsmp visa de were showing dat i was doin business and de were getting hsmp extension but guys if u check da new rules for hsmp extension .we wont be livin here .

coz all u will get after 7 years is british passport nuffing else .hahhaa
why i ma saying is for citizenship u have to be in this country for 7 years .coz after completeing five years on hsmp de gna give u probationary citizenship for 2 years den u switch to permenat citizenship. and in dat stay u ll have to show p60 last 5 years so tax tax and tax.

check it out website:

so dun go for rumors and plan what to do in future.and believe in ALLAH

thanx guys sorry if i have hurt someone emotions.

keep in touch and enjoy
cheers

hardraj

Post by hardraj » Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:54 pm

wikiali is a wanna be gangsta, as nemesis has said stop spreading rumours and for Gods Sake learn some english

confusedhsmp
Member of Standing

Post by confusedhsmp » Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:07 pm

Wikali - Please rewrite your post Blood.

not good blood. blood. blood.

Blood

again

Blood.

Guyz dont worry.

sunny0183
Newly Registered

Still not making it clear to all of us.......

Post by sunny0183 » Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:21 pm

lydiax
Newly Registered

Post-Study Work switching to Tier 1 General

Post by lydiax » Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:03 am

Dear all,

I was just told by someone at Named OISC advisors that the new rules won't affect HSMP holders, but will affect other work permit holders and Tier1 PSW holders, but that we won't know for sure until early April.

Life is a rollercoaster.

mavrick7
Newly Registered

MARCH 31, 2009 GUIDELINES ARE OUT.

Post by mavrick7 » Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:56 pm

THE GUIDELINES ARE NOW PUBLISHED ON THE UKBA WEBSITE....CHECK IT OUT...TO SUM IT ALL ALL EXTNSION APPLICANTS ARE SAFE....AND HAVE THE SAME GUIDELINES IN PLACE FOR THEM, HOWEVER INITIAL APPLICANTS REQUIRE MASTERS DEGREE AND THE QUALIFYING POINTS REMAINS AT 75 FOR THEM. THIS MEANS THAT THEY HAVE TO BE AT A VERY GOOD SALARY IN THEIR PREVIOUS JOB IN-ORDER TO APPLY FOR THE INITIAL ENTRY.

hsmpOct2007
Newly Registered

guidance still unclear !

Post by hsmpOct2007 » Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:37 am

Though we recvd umpteen emails about HSMP holders not being affected and that HSMP need to apply for extension under Tier1 upon expiry and not switch/initial application for Tier1.

Not surprisingly, I still think its not been made clear in the guidance also, yet again !

If you look at the guidance and new release, it only mentions about extension applications under Tier1, which are not affected by the new rules.

If you look at Page 11, it talks about who can swtich into Tier1, and HSMP is one of the "other" categories from which you can switch into Tier1, and the rules say that people switching from "other" categories will be judged by new rules after 31Mar.

And in point 67
"67. If an applicant is currently in the United Kingdom as a Highly Skilled Migrant and is therefore applying using the extension requirements of Tier 1 (General), they can claim the following points on the basis of their age:"

I dont see the reason why they keep "laws" so vague and contradicting sometimes.

Though, I dont find the need to panic as I personally believe it wont affect HSMP, but just wanted to see what you guys thought abt the new guidance.

Cheers,

docmac80
Newly Registered

Post by docmac80 » Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:18 am

.g

highly skilled
Newly Registered

Post by highly skilled » Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:56 am

Paragraph 67 is clear - HSMP application are applying under the extension requirements. This ties in with everything we have heard to or received in writing to date. I agree that it is unclear from the table upfront, but this mistake has always been there. No more doubts and no more speculation needed ladies ang gentlemen.