ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Transitional arrangements for existing Tier 1 (General)

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jason23

Re: Clarification from Richard Jackson

Post by jason23 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:07 pm

manojk005 wrote:
wf wrote:
pullikanti wrote: Hi,
Can anyone give me email address of Richard. I wanted to write few questions regarding my visa extension and ILR.

Thank you.
This guy must really be regretting the inclusion of his email on that press release, and the resulting deluge of emails.

He is obviously quite high up at a level not usually contactable by the public, but at this rate it can't be long before he ceases to respond to these emails.
Yes especially if so called few highly skilled person start asking obvious questions for which answers are very clear cut and available on UKBA website. After seeing type of questions few people ask here, no wonder he will suggest to put additional checks on Tier 1(G) extensions for those. He should start this by collecting data from those people and invite them for further interview at the time of extension.

Few of responses and interpretations are amazing and I started scratching my head in disbelief.
ROTFL!!! You are very funny...and I totally agree with your comments

wf
Member of Standing

Post by wf » Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:11 pm

faisalliaqat wrote:They have not said it clearly that the salary criteria for extensions will be the same, have they? Need to score 95 points but with existing salary criteria is not the same as having same rules as initial applications.
You and others are going to worry yourself into an early grave at this rate.

I thought the release of this statement would finally put an end to the panic and hystieria that has been present on these boards for the last couple of months.

Unfortunately that is not the case as can be evidenced by most of the posts in this thread, with people almost desperate to find even the slightest angle which they can miscontrue as some way they will be disadvantaged.

wf
Member of Standing

Re: Clarification from Richard Jackson

Post by wf » Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:13 pm

jason23 wrote:
manojk005 wrote: Yes especially if so called few highly skilled person start asking obvious questions for which answers are very clear cut and available on UKBA website. After seeing type of questions few people ask here, no wonder he will suggest to put additional checks on Tier 1(G) extensions for those. He should start this by collecting data from those people and invite them for further interview at the time of extension.

Few of responses and interpretations are amazing and I started scratching my head in disbelief.
ROTFL!!! You are very funny...and I totally agree with your comments
Yes well said, and maybe a good idea to put forward to UKBA in their next consultation. Going by the evidence here it would drastically reduce the number of Tier 1 holders.

ukswus

Post by ukswus » Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:20 pm

faisalliaqat wrote:They have not said it clearly that the salary criteria for extensions will be the same, have they? Need to score 95 points but with existing salary criteria is not the same as having same rules as initial applications.

faisalliaqat
Newly Registered

Post by faisalliaqat » Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:31 pm

wf wrote:
You and others are going to worry yourself into an early grave at this rate.

I thought the release of this statement would finally put an end to the panic and hystieria that has been present on these boards for the last couple of months.

Unfortunately that is not the case as can be evidenced by most of the posts in this thread, with people almost desperate to find even the slightest angle which they can miscontrue as some way they will be disadvantaged.
Its a discussion board. We are here to clarify any doubts we have about the written rules. Isn't it so?

mtuckersa
Member of Standing

Post by mtuckersa » Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:42 pm

CoolestGuyC wrote:
mtuckersa wrote:Thank goodness I only picked up this thread now so I could miss all the babbling.

Can't understand how people can't understand simple english, think UKBA need to raise the requirements for english language criteria.

Simple test pass or fail. If you understand the statement of intent you PASS if you don't then you automatically FAIL. No refund!!
It is not the failure to understand the statement of intent, but the missing information that is causing the confusion.

That a person fills in the holes of information, does not imply he is correct nor that his linguistic skills are exemplary. Until we see clear information from UKBA , their ambiguous statement will remain open to misinterpretation.

However in my personal opinion, there are NO effective and material changes for any extension applicants.
obviously you are still confused. You are a senior member you should surely understand the Tier 1 rules by now and how things work in the point system.

if we had to get higher points they would have provided a new table with points for earnings as the criteria I am on has the highest earnings band at >£40,000. If they wanted me to get 5 points more they need to provide a new table. If you read the entire document you will see they provided points tables for Tier 2 but not Tier 1 and therefore it is fairly obvious that the points criteria remain the same as what you came in on.

Richard Jackson has confirmed this as well

mtuckersa
Member of Standing

Post by mtuckersa » Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:46 pm

----

ursamyn
United Kingdom

Post by ursamyn » Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:16 pm

From April, we intend to apply the same income
criteria for settlement as we do when an applicant
applies for further leave to remain. We will clearly
set out these requirements in the forthcoming
Statement of Changes to the Immigration Rules
and in guidance, however, in general terms:
• Tier 1 (General) migrants will need to score
points against the same criteria as their last
application as set out in Appendix A of the
Immigration Rules;

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/polic ... appendixa/

AUHS
Member of Standing

Post by AUHS » Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:16 pm

Hi every body

I think it's a good news for all of us who are already on Tier1 that rules will remain the same at the time of our extension as they were are at our initial application time.

There is only 1 thing in my mind now.any body please clear this doubt.

I applied in 2008 and was granted Tier 1 . They give me 30 points for my PGD.Will I get the same points for my qualification (PGD)at the time of my extension.

I am checking ukba online calculator for extensions and it is giving me 0 points when I am entering my qualification even I am putting my approved initial application date(2008).
Can I get the same 30 points at my extension same as awarded to me at time of my initial application.

Can any body please clarify this. I will be very grateful.
Thanks in advance

zoelavie
Newly Registered

Post by zoelavie » Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:29 pm

Hi I tried it on mine and all the points remain the same. Not sure why they did not count your 30 points for PhD.

They seem to go to tweak the PBS calculator this weekend. If you are worried perhaps you could try again next week.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... -pbs-tools
AUHS wrote:Hi every body

I think it's a good news for all of us who are already on Tier1 that rules will remain the same at the time of our extension as they were are at our initial application time.

There is only 1 thing in my mind now.any body please clear this doubt.

I applied in 2008 and was granted Tier 1 . They give me 30 points for my PGD.Will I get the same points for my qualification (PGD)at the time of my extension.

I am checking ukba online calculator for extensions and it is giving me 0 points when I am entering my qualification even I am putting my approved initial application date(2008).
Can I get the same 30 points at my extension same as awarded to me at time of my initial application.

Can any body please clarify this. I will be very grateful.
Thanks in advance

AUHS
Member of Standing

Post by AUHS » Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:56 pm

30 points are PGD (post graduate diploma)

I checked before 2 weeks also ......same thing ..no points

If I select the relevant band for my qualification instead of going through all than it's looking fine.

They gave 30 last time by saying your PG diploma is equal to uk bachelor degree .

Any body please help me for some piece of mind

Thanks

wf
Member of Standing

Post by wf » Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:40 am

This has been discussed before, I think they removed some PGD's from the points caclulator - possibly some of the more dodgy colleges.

Suggest you start a new thread as this is not related to the transitional arrangements.

AUHS
Member of Standing

Post by AUHS » Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:10 am

I am asking about the extensions mate.I got Tier 1 in 2008 with same PGD and my college don't have any problem like CCL etcc

Just asking that will they gave me same points for my PGD in my extension application as they gave in my first approved application.

Thanks

tall_funky
BANNED

Post by tall_funky » Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:24 am

AUHS wrote:I am asking about the extensions mate.I got Tier 1 in 2008 with same PGD and my college don't have any problem like CCL etcc

Just asking that will they gave me same points for my PGD in my extension application as they gave in my first approved application.

Thanks
The short answer is NO.
They have removed all the "dodgy" diploma/degrees from PBS Calculator!

lanr3e

Post by lanr3e » Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:05 am

In general, I think the proposed changes to the immigration rules do not make migrants any worse off. But I have my reservations for the changes to settlement rules - especially the introduction of a salary threshold. The current job market is extremely challenging and unemployment is at record levels since records began. With the threat of a double dip recession, it is inevitable that a number of migrants will lose their jobs. If that happens and if they are unable to get a job paying enough to meet the salary threshold, they would be unable to either qualify for settlement or extend their leave...that for me is a real worry.

AUHS
Member of Standing

Post by AUHS » Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:43 am

They have removed all the "dodgy" diploma/degrees from PBS Calculator!
...............................................................................................
Please don,t say anything you don,t know I did attend my college and studied there.There is no need to put burden on your little brain.

LIC was a proper college as I say.

second thing...

I just got reply to my mail from UKBA and they confirmed to me that I will get the same points for my Post graduate diploma as I was granted at my initial application.

Better you try your sixth sense somewhere else.....

thanks

MPI

Post by MPI » Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:37 am

Great relief to hear the good news finally,
I have a question which falls some where between extension and ILR. Hope you could help. I am quoting ILR section page 11 :

“... An income requirement will help ensure that these migrants have continued
to work in skilled or highly skilled occupations by confirming their income is at least the level stipulated when they were last granted leaveâ€

rajaram20

Post by rajaram20 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:43 am

[quote="MPI"]Great relief to hear the good news finally,
I have a question which falls some where between extension and ILR. Hope you could help. I am quoting ILR section page 11 :

“... An income requirement will help ensure that these migrants have continued
to work in skilled or highly skilled occupations by confirming their income is at least the level stipulated when they were last granted leaveâ€

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:03 am

as far as I could understand, if you were initially under HSMP and you had to show 75 points and you showed 85 points, doesn't mean you have to show 85 points now, you will be treated under HSMP ruling and you have to show minimum of 75 points.

for those who had to show 80 points will have to show 80 points minimum for leave, ILR or FLR.

hope this helps.

jimmymcad
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by jimmymcad » Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:08 am

My understanding is, they will consider minimum critera to qualify not the salary level.

For example. If I got my visa extended under the salary band 35+ though my requirement was only 30K. I will be able to qualify next time, if my income falls under the band 30, as long as i am qualifying and the getting 75 points. The wierd part is we may lose our age point at that time and need bit more points in salary or degree area to get 75 points.

Open to more suggestions....

MPI

Post by MPI » Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:42 am

innocentdevil wrote:as far as I could understand, if you were initially under HSMP and you had to show 75 points and you showed 85 points, doesn't mean you have to show 85 points now, you will be treated under HSMP ruling and you have to show minimum of 75 points.

for those who had to show 80 points will have to show 80 points minimum for leave, ILR or FLR.

hope this helps.
Yes that makes sense . I guess in that case this line doesn’t seem logically right (page11):
“...highly skilled occupations by confirming their income is at least the level stipulated when they were last granted leaveâ€

SureShot

Post by SureShot » Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:35 pm

sushdmehta wrote:
chosenaik wrote:"The points threshold for extensions will, however, be raised to 100 for those who were required
to score 100 points when they were originally granted Tier 1 (General) leave".

I am ubsure what this means? Is it saying that those whom were required to score 100 will still need to score 100? That would mean that all of us whom were granted Tier 1 G will automatically qualify for the extension!! Am I correct...?
IMHO, when applying for entry clearance, if an applicant required 80 (attributes) + 10 (maintenance funds) + 10 (English language) = 100 points then the same applicant will now require to score 100 (attributes) points to qualify for extension.

(Attributes = Age + Qualifications + Previous earnings + UK Experience + qualifying MBA under transitional arrangements).

Therefore, this change/statement seems to affect only those migrants who applied on/after 19-July-10.

IMHO ....

regards
This does not seem to be the case.
the calculator on their website is working and it still requires info on maintenance funds... GBP 800. This means that it will still be (attributes) + (maintenance funds) + (language)

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:56 pm

MPI wrote:
innocentdevil wrote:as far as I could understand, if you were initially under HSMP and you had to show 75 points and you showed 85 points, doesn't mean you have to show 85 points now, you will be treated under HSMP ruling and you have to show minimum of 75 points.

hope this helps.
Yes that makes sense . I guess in that case this line doesn’t seem logically right (page11):
“...highly skilled occupations by confirming their income is at least the level stipulated when they were last granted leaveâ€

wf
Member of Standing

Post by wf » Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:01 pm

SureShot wrote:
sushdmehta wrote:IMHO, when applying for entry clearance, if an applicant required 80 (attributes) + 10 (maintenance funds) + 10 (English language) = 100 points then the same applicant will now require to score 100 (attributes) points to qualify for extension.

(Attributes = Age + Qualifications + Previous earnings + UK Experience + qualifying MBA under transitional arrangements).
This does not seem to be the case.
the calculator on their website is working and it still requires info on maintenance funds... GBP 800. This means that it will still be (attributes) + (maintenance funds) + (language)
sushdmehta's statement is slightly confusing. IMO it should read:
IMHO, when applying for entry clearance, if an applicant required 80 (attributes) + 10 (maintenance funds) + 10 (English language) = 100 points then the same applicant will now require to score 100 points to qualify for extension.

mtuckersa
Member of Standing

Post by mtuckersa » Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:00 pm

sushdmehta thought you may need 120 points rather than 100 points because UKBA probably used the word 'attributes' incorrectly and not in the right context.

its 100 points for everything (80 + 20) , can we drop the subject now