ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

July 06 Applicant post all queries here

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vikramk
Newly Registered

how long will they take?

Post by vikramk » Wed Aug 09, 2006 8:25 pm

hello friends,

my CC got charged the same day i had resent my application on 31stjuly!
till today i have not heard from them. they did not respond to my email either!
is there any applicant around 31st july and got any kind of response?

Please Share..

lanwarrior

Post by lanwarrior » Wed Aug 09, 2006 8:45 pm

I called the HSMP office to check my reference number since it's been a week now and my CC has been charged. It took about 15 minutes on hold and when the operator finally answered, he said he couldn't find my information on the screen (!). I was scared s**t, thinking all of my documents were lost! I gave him my last name, DOB, and finally he asked for the DHL tracking number.

After about another 5 minutes on hold, he FINALLY got me my reference number.

JUST TO CHECK: the reference number format is:
- Start with "HS"
- Have 10 digits
Is this correct?

So my timeline now is:
07/31/06: DHL delivered package
08/01/06: CC charged
08/09/06: Called HSMP at +441142074074 and given REF#

styleman
Newly Registered

Post by styleman » Thu Aug 10, 2006 5:53 am

Hello everybody,

I am unable to find the link from where i can download the caseworker guide. Can anybody put the link to download latest caseworker guide?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Nitin Patel

ebrij
Newly Registered

GOT REF. NUMBER

Post by ebrij » Thu Aug 10, 2006 5:59 am

HELLO EVERYBODY I GOR REF NO YESTERDAY.

MY TIME LINE IS:

cOURIER SENT: 16TH JULY
RECEIVED AT LEEDS: Signed for by: BREES
Shipment delivered July 18, 2006 09:28

REF. NOUMBER AND MAIL FROM hsmp TEAM RECEIVED:9TH AUGUST

dRAFT CLEARED on 27/07/06

Your reference number is 081xxx.

I HAVE COMPLETED MY 28TH ON 30TH jULY...

OW WAITING FOR DECISION.....

lanwarrior

Re: GOT REF. NUMBER

Post by lanwarrior » Thu Aug 10, 2006 6:26 am

ebrij wrote:
Your reference number is 081xxx.

I HAVE COMPLETED MY 28TH ON 30TH jULY...

OW WAITING FOR DECISION.....
Can you let me know if your ref. no. have the same format as mine above? I am just curious since the person I spoke on the phone seems to be at "lost"

ebrij
Newly Registered

i got following mail... Mr. lanwarrior

Post by ebrij » Thu Aug 10, 2006 6:31 am

-----Original Message-----
From: Workpermits, HSMP [mailto:HSMP.Workpermits@ind.homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk]
Sent: Wednesday, August 09, 2006 6:33 PM
To: Brijesh Patel
Subject: HSMP APPLICATION

Dear Sir,

Please accept this as our receipt of your application for the HSMP.

We received your application on 27/07/06

Your reference number is 081xxx

Kind Regards
HSMP TEAM

Unless this email indicates otherwise, it and any files transmitted with
it are private and intended solely for the addressee.

If you have received this email in error please return it to the address
it came from, telling them it is not for you and then delete it from your
system.

Any communications with the Home Office may be recorded and
monitored for lawful purposes.

The original of this email was scanned for viruses by Government Secure Intranet (GSi) virus scanning service supplied exclusively by Cable & Wireless in partnership with MessageLabs.
On leaving the GSI this email was certified virus free.
The MessageLabs Anti Virus Service is the first managed service to achieve the CSIA Claims Tested Mark (CCTM Certificate Number 2006/04/0007), the UK Government quality mark initiative for information security products and services. For more information about this please visit www.cctmark.gov.uk

arm
Member of Standing

Post by arm » Thu Aug 10, 2006 6:38 am

Hi lanwarrior,

My reference number has only 6 didit.
I do not know what meens HS in your case but you should not worry.
I think it is not important how look your number :)
Important is only decision :)

lanwarrior

Post by lanwarrior » Thu Aug 10, 2006 7:15 am

Hi arm,

Hmm.. that's interesting. My ref. number is: HSxxxxxxxxxx

I am just worried that it's being processed INCORRECTLY or they NEVER received it and gave me the number for somebody else, since:

a) The person couldn't find my application in his computer (even though he finally did by putting my on hold and "...ask [his] supervisor."
b) THe reference number simply do not follow the regular format.

If they MISPLACED my documents, that's even worse because I have sent ALL the original. This is nerve wrecking... :cry:

I am going to call them again tomorrow.

madanrm

Reference number is only 6 digits

Post by madanrm » Thu Aug 10, 2006 12:02 pm

Guys

AFAIK , the ref number is only 6 digits and mine is 0803XX. (Appl sent on 27th july 06 )This is what i got via mail also. i have never heard in any other groups also about a 10 digit ref number.

Regards
Madan

lanwarrior

Post by lanwarrior » Thu Aug 10, 2006 7:37 pm

OK... I must have the wrong number. I am going to call again, but which one of this is right?

+44114207 4074 (from this board)
+011 4207 6020 (http://www.workingintheuk.gov.uk/workin ... p_faq.html)

hsmpaspire
Newly Registered

Post by hsmpaspire » Thu Aug 10, 2006 9:48 pm

application sent 11th July...
payment processed 17th july...
called HO on 9th august..
Till now no caseworker assigned...

All The best

oneway

Post by oneway » Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:22 pm

Same here. No caseworker assigned yet :(

yreddy
Newly Registered

ph num for ref num

Post by yreddy » Fri Aug 11, 2006 5:36 am

Hi

you can call this number for ref num (this is customer care num) they respond
+44114207 4074 (from this board)

hsmpaspire
Newly Registered

Post by hsmpaspire » Fri Aug 11, 2006 7:01 am

i came to know that they will assign caseworker as soon as they receive your urgent treatment form...so may be your urgent treatment is not justified....

Al The Best

cuberoot

Post by cuberoot » Fri Aug 11, 2006 9:10 am

A further update on my application:

18 July - Application sent by Royal Mail Special Delivery (In country).
19 July - Application delivered.
21 July - Credit Card charged.
30 July - Letter with reference number (079xxx) arrived. Letter states that application was received 21 July (Date CC was charged).
11 August - Phoned for status check, was told that application is under consideration and has been assigned to a caseworker. They were unable to provide the date when a caseworker was assigned.

I have all my fingers and toes crossed! I hope I get a favourable decision!

lanwarrior

Post by lanwarrior » Fri Aug 11, 2006 9:12 am

Just an update to everyone on the 10 digits ref. number:

I called again today and I was told again that my application is NOT in the system(!). But the lady on the phone told me that the ref. number I have (the HS with 10 digits) is the CREDIT CARD REFERENCE number. THis just means that the application was RECEIVED by the HSMP team, but has NOT been given to a caseworker.

So I am happy now knowing that my package was NOT lost and they actually have it. However, it give me another worries: why is it taking them SO LONG to assign my application to a caseworker?

My application was received on 07/31, and CC was charged on 08/01. So as of today (08/11), it has been 2 weeks and they have NOT assigned my application to a caseworker.

I am extremly worried now... :cry:

cuberoot

Post by cuberoot » Fri Aug 11, 2006 9:41 am

lanwarrior, has the money been deducted from your credit card. i.e. has the payment cleared?

Once payment has cleared, it then gets sent on and assigned a ref number. Even with a ref number, it does not mean a caseworker has been assigned, it simply means your application is in the system and ready to be assigned to a caseworker.

I have a feeling that your application is still in Sheffield, either waiting for credit card to clear,or they are holding applications in Sheffield to wait for a backlog to clear at the next stage of the application proccess.

lanwarrior

Post by lanwarrior » Fri Aug 11, 2006 10:56 am

My CC was charged on 08/01, 1 day after my application was received according to DHL.

I sent them an email on 08/04 and didn't get any reply, so that's why I called them. But I received a reply today, 7 days later(!) and this is what they say:

Dear Applicant

Thank you for your email. Your application is not on our system yet. It is likely to be with out charging department as it can take some time to reach us. We have switched our fee processing provider to Siemens, they also carry out this service on behalf of the UK Identity and Passport Service. Our aim is to secure better long-term service for our customers and the business. During the transition, the high level of service we expect to deliver has fallen short of our usual standards. We are very sorry for any delays that this may cause and can assure you we are working hard to address this.

Regards
HSMP Team

WHat I am worried is: my CC was charged on 08/01 and it now has been close to 2 weeks and my application has NOT been sent from the charging department to HO? I am sure even Royal Mail take faster than that and I am even sure they don't use Royal Mail to send (maybe) 100 applications with all their documents. I REALLY hope the applications and all the supporting documents were not misplaced during this transition.

hsmpaspire
Newly Registered

Post by hsmpaspire » Fri Aug 11, 2006 11:35 am

hello lanwarrior,
You might have had a postal tracking number when you sent your application...You use that to track ur application rather than HSMP reference number if its not been allocated yet...

Also if there are too many applications with HSMP dept,it may not be sent to them from Payment dept as sooon as ur payment is processed....

And also its not necessary that ur case will be assigned to caseworker as soon as its been with caseworking dept..
I sent my application on July 11th and its still not been allocated to caseworker..
So you need to calculate where ur application lies in the queue and dont panic...

All the Best

lanwarrior

Post by lanwarrior » Fri Aug 11, 2006 6:38 pm

hsmpaspire wrote:hello lanwarrior,
You might have had a postal tracking number when you sent your application...You use that to track ur application rather than HSMP reference number if its not been allocated yet...

Also if there are too many applications with HSMP dept,it may not be sent to them from Payment dept as sooon as ur payment is processed....

And also its not necessary that ur case will be assigned to caseworker as soon as its been with caseworking dept..
I sent my application on July 11th and its still not been allocated to caseworker..
So you need to calculate where ur application lies in the queue and dont panic...

All the Best
Thanks for the reply, hsmpaspire! I've seen in this board that the majority of people got their ref. within 1-2 weeks, sometimes as early as when the CC was charged. Thus, I was worried. However, it seems that they're taking longer to give the ref. number, given the reply sent by HO to me. Hopefully the backlog is not in a very large scale and we all can see result within a month or so. I'll be checking with HO on a weekly basis just to keep my sanity... :lol:

cuberoot

Post by cuberoot » Sun Aug 13, 2006 3:48 pm

I have just been approved for an HSMP VISA! I would just like to thank everybody one this forum for the advice and support! Thank you!

So my final timeline is:
18 July - Application sent by Royal Mail Special Delivery (In country).
19 July - Application delivered.
21 July - Credit Card charged.
30 July - Letter with reference number (079xxx) arrived. Letter states that application was received 21 July (Date CC was charged).
11 August - Phoned for status check, was told that application is under consideration and has been assigned to a caseworker. They were unable to provide the date when a caseworker was assigned.
12 August - Received approval letter from Home Office.

Now it's just on to EC!

lanwarrior

Post by lanwarrior » Sun Aug 13, 2006 9:15 pm

Congratz, Cuberoot!

Just so that it'll help me to predict the chance of my application getting approved, can you let me know if you submit 12 months of bank statement (printed online or original), tax form, AND letter from employer stating your income?

My payslip are all online, thus I didn't submit that.

oneway

Post by oneway » Sun Aug 13, 2006 9:29 pm

lanwarrior,

I sent my tax returns, a letter from my employer stating my income and a letter from my accountant because I could not find my pay stubs after a move. However, after hearing about all the rejections on these boards, I got worried and I searched and found my paystubs and I mailed those as additional documents last friday.

I worked in the US as well and all my paystubs are actual pay stubs that look like cheques. They also have information on year to date pay, 401K contribution, health and dental contribution etc. I am surprised your company does not give out those to you.

lanwarrior

Post by lanwarrior » Sun Aug 13, 2006 9:40 pm

oneway wrote:lanwarrior,

I sent my tax returns, a letter from my employer stating my income and a letter from my accountant because I could not find my pay stubs after a move. However, after hearing about all the rejections on these boards, I got worried and I searched and found my paystubs and I mailed those as additional documents last friday.

I worked in the US as well and all my paystubs are actual pay stubs that look like cheques. They also have information on year to date pay, 401K contribution, health and dental contribution etc. I am surprised your company does not give out those to you.
Hi oneway,

I opted for direct deposit for paycheck and thus, no paystub is sent physically via mail. The paystub is shown online and it does shows all the details, such as 401K, tax, etc. The problem is, my company refuse to sign / stamp each paystub that I printed on A4 paper, since these are already considered legal documents in US. i.e. I can apply for home mortgage using these printed paystub and the bank will accept it.

The main problem is that the caseworker guidance document already stated that no paystub can be printed on A4 and will automatically not considered.

I really wish that HO will at least considere online paystub from US. I'll be gladly provide HO with my company HR number to verify the paystub.

So I just submit the following:
- W2
- Letter from employer
- Bank statements showing the deposit (luckily, my bank shows the actual company name and my name for each deposit entries)

I am just praying hard now that HO will accept the above THREE documents in lieu of the payslip.

oneway

Post by oneway » Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:57 pm

I had direct deposit as well but always received a pay stub with all the information you mentioned, twice a month. This is fairly common and all my friends in different companies in houston received something similar.

I don't think you should worry though. I think your bank statements with the name of the company would suffice. I was looking at the case worker manual this morning and it says that the tax document is normally enough to prove income. I think they are extra strict with applications coming from India because they think there might be a bigger chance for fraud there than US based applications? Just a thought.