ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Irish Long-term Residency

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

D1mitry

Re: Congrats From ALL

Post by D1mitry » Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:07 pm

immigrantone wrote:Hey Dears,

I got my LTR approval letter just this morning. How I am Happy. GoodLUCK to everybody who applied for LTR. It took for me 21months and 10days.

GoodLUCK GoodLUCK GoodLUCK..
so thats 02/12/2007?

smalltime

Post by smalltime » Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:57 am

congrats immigrantone!!!

immigrantone
Newly Registered

thanks ALL

Post by immigrantone » Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:23 pm

Thanks All.. Big Pardon. It's 22months 10days.

Be POSITIVE Always..

immigrantone
Newly Registered

Please help me..

Post by immigrantone » Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:42 pm

I am applying for MS Advanced Software Engineering. But should I need to pay fees. According to the Immigration Bill of January 2008, It seems on the page No145 of this bill
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
8. Of special note is the provision in statute for foreign nationals
to obtain long-term residence permits, giving to the holder rights in
the State similar in most respects to those of Irish citizens.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is a course fee information..

Fees for the following programmes will be subsidised in the academic session 2009/10. These programmes are funded by the NDP under the Graduate Skills Conversion Programme. Subsidised fees are available to EU Nationals only i.e. students who have EU nationality or who hold an EU passport:

HDip in Computer Science - Full-time
MSc in Advanced Software Engineering - Part Time
Masters in Water & Environmental Engineering - Full time
MSc in Ubiquitous Computing - Full-time
MSc/GDip in Computational Science - Full-time
Masters in Water & Environmental Engineering - Part time
Grad Dip/MSc in Health Informatics - Part-time
MSc Advanced Software Engineering
MSc in Bio-Engineering - Full-time
MSc in Bio-Engineering - Part-time
MSc in Business Analytics - Full-time (formerly MSc in Management Science)
MSc in Business Analytics - Part-time (formerly MSc in Management Science)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Am I Eligible for this fund???

Thanks

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:54 pm

that's a tricky one...
the answer may be in the line
Subsidised fees are available to EU Nationals only i.e. students who have EU nationality or who hold an EU passport:
Having stamp 4 makes you a resident in the state, but you are still not a holder of an EU passport. You can work without a work permit, apply for social and affordable housing, mortgage, social welfare, etc. that would be the meaning of
long-term residence permits, giving to the holder rights in
the State similar in most respects to those of Irish citizens.
I guess you should enquire that at the college/university where you want to study and ask them whether stamp 4 would suffice for the subsidised courses.

immigrantone
Newly Registered

ok

Post by immigrantone » Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:21 pm

thanks for your information agniukas..

goodone
Newly Registered

Post by goodone » Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:29 pm

received a letter today stating that starting 7th of September 2009, the fees for LTR wld become 500 Euro.

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:33 pm

goodone wrote:received a letter today stating that starting 7th of September 2009, the fees for LTR wld become 500 Euro.
Same here! INIS has just figured out another money making venture.

D1mitry

Post by D1mitry » Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:41 pm

9jeirean wrote:
goodone wrote:received a letter today stating that starting 7th of September 2009, the fees for LTR wld become 500 Euro.
Same here! INIS has just figured out another money making venture.
money thirsty paddies....know where the money are ;)

smalltime

Post by smalltime » Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:11 am

Hi I just received a letter from INIS and they said my application for ltr Jan 2008 is under process.... we will contact you...

They didnt ask me for any additional documents. What does this mean thus anyone have same letter as well?

its only 19 months since I applied I know it takes now 20- 22months

I have letter monday about 500 euro charge - and then today about my application being processed.

Do I have to wait for them to ask me additional documents? or they will just send me letter approval? if yes then INIS processing is getting faster! that would be great for everyone in the queue.
Thanks

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:28 am

smalltime, did you send any correspondence into LTR recently that they may have been acknowledging now to you? if not, chances are that all your documents are in order and no additional documents are needed from your side. in that case thay would just further process your application and the next time you would hear from them will probably be a letter asking to send in the 500 euros :)
it looks like LTR started 2008 applications...

smalltime

Post by smalltime » Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:13 pm

I did a change of address ,I think first week of July and attached a copy of my recent Garda card, but on my original application I included police clearance from home country, payslips etc.

I was thinking that my docs are in order so they dont need anymore additional docs, but Im just wondering its kinda faster now.
If they approve me middle of September, that would make it 20 months waiting time for me.

I have to pay 500 Euros in INIS I think.

Good Luck to us.

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:38 pm

smalltime wrote:Hi I just received a letter from INIS and they said my application for ltr Jan 2008 is under process.... we will contact you...

They didnt ask me for any additional documents. What does this mean thus anyone have same letter as well?

its only 19 months since I applied I know it takes now 20- 22months

I have letter monday about 500 euro charge - and then today about my application being processed.

Do I have to wait for them to ask me additional documents? or they will just send me letter approval? if yes then INIS processing is getting faster! that would be great for everyone in the queue.
Thanks
I also applied in January 08. Got a leter yesterday saying they were processing my aplication further and they requested a copy of my current GNIB Card and residency Stamp. Documents sent in this morning. I think the prospect of the 500euros is driving them to speed up the process :)
Last edited by 9jeirean on Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

D1mitry

Post by D1mitry » Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:40 pm

yes mate, paddies smell the money..its hard to resist. Chances are nearly 100/1 that you will get to pay them. It like a good old eastern mafia...with a broken Oirish accent. good luck mate

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:59 pm

maybe the section got extra people to process all the applications now that the money will be coming in. therefore, it could be faster for the processing on the section's front. however, all applications still have to wait for the intradepartamental reports. i hear they can take around 3 months to come back.
in relation to the payment i think it will be same as with naturalisation, money would be paid to the section before the actual approval letter is issued. However, we will have to wait for the 7th september or the first applicants to be requested for the fee to see how that works.

smalltime

Post by smalltime » Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:13 pm

but I remember immigrantone's case, hes been asked for addional docs July 2009 and only after 2 weeks he got his approval.

I dont know how they do it in LTR but most of my friends who got theirs like a year ago, has to wait for their approval nearly 2 months after additional docs have been asked. - some only for a month wait

My estimate was to get mine December but if they give it to me next month the better. I will keep you guys posted anyway if something new happens.

smalltime

Post by smalltime » Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:59 pm

Hi guys, do you know anyone after 2 years waiting for LTR decision, finally got denied because his or her stamps did not reach 60 months?

for example my application is being processed now and after two weeks receive denied letter from INIS ( knock on wood) because applicant only got 59 months as they were checking it again.

did this happen before? or you know anyone

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:32 pm

smalltime wrote:Hi guys, do you know anyone after 2 years waiting for LTR decision, finally got denied because his or her stamps did not reach 60 months?

for example my application is being processed now and after two weeks receive denied letter from INIS ( knock on wood) because applicant only got 59 months as they were checking it again.

did this happen before? or you know anyone
I am slightly confused here. Are you saying you have received a refusal letter on the basis of not having up to 60 months or just preempting?

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:48 am

smalltime, i think you will be ok. the fact that you received the letter stating that your application is being processed at the moment, would mean that initial calculation has been made in your case and further processing is being done with outside agencies / interdepartamental report. if you didn't pass the calculation, you would have most definately received your refusal letter by now instead of the letter you actually received.

smalltime

Post by smalltime » Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:26 pm

just pre empting... anyway if its for me, its for me. thanks anyway guys
im just bit paranoid hehehe

exchangeboy
Newly Registered

Post by exchangeboy » Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:58 pm

Entemp Update....

Policy on Employment Permits for non-EEA nationals who have held permits for 5 years or more and easing of the immigration rules for redundant non-EEA migrant workers

http://www.entemp.ie/labour/workpermits ... eyears.htm

IPT
Newly Registered

Post by IPT » Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:30 pm

Hi Guys,

What Stamp number do you get with LTR?

LTR includes a right of self-employment or business permission, which regular Stamp 4 does not.

Do you know if Stamp 5 that comes with WCATT endorsement includes a right of self-employment or business permission?

Southern_Sky

Post by Southern_Sky » Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:17 pm

IPT wrote:Hi Guys,

What Stamp number do you get with LTR?

LTR includes a right of self-employment or business permission, which regular Stamp 4 does not.

Do you know if Stamp 5 that comes with WCATT endorsement includes a right of self-employment or business permission?
A successful applicant (of LTR) will be granted Permission to Remain on a Stamp 4 which is valid for 5 years.
http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Lo ... _Residency

Seems there will be different levels of Stamp 4,
- one for redundant non-EEA workers with 5 years residency, renewed annually ( No Self-Employment Permission)
-one for successful LTR applicants (given Self-Employment permission) renewed every 5 years.

Stamp 5 & 6 and LTR-Stamp 4 all have Self-Employment permission

Southern_Sky

Post by Southern_Sky » Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:29 pm

Business Permission is different from Self-Employment.
Non-EEA nationals applying for business permission must create employment (other than their own) and show personal investment of €300,000 or more.

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/WP09000012

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:37 pm

LTR is stamp 4. regular stamp 4 includes right to self employment and starting your own business, same is with LTR.
only stamp 4 based on work authorisation / working visa and the temporary special new stamp 4 for redundant workers do not allow for self employment and business.
WCATT stamp allows the same conditions as the regular stamp 4, just it lasts longer.