ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Zambrano Settled Status EU settlement scheme Paper Application Form

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mubashir1981
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Re: Zambrano Settled Status EU settlement scheme Paper Application Form

Post by mubashir1981 » Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:19 am

mubashir1981 wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:03 pm
mubashir1981 wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:56 pm
mubashir1981 wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:46 pm
Hadjer123 wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:54 pm
well that’s what I have been trying to do I have taken a picture of the letter and every time I copied the picture and trying to paste it keeps coming with a message please select a text first I don’t know what to do ?
Only txt not pic i think. Or u can type txt or use image to txt app.
Other way of doing is to upload pic on Google drive and then share its link.
Like this
https://photos.app.goo.gl/NFsjLLiBvfC3QoZN8
Hadjer123 if u r using android plz.go to ur photos and click on relevant photo then click on share icon then at the botton it will give u create link option then u can copy past tht link here.
Thanks

Melislyashley
Newly Registered
Benin

Post by Melislyashley » Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:28 am

snooky wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:32 am
Melislyashley wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:56 am
Hi Everyone l just wanted to inform you that anyone who has been granted settled status can now apply for their physical BRP. I just did. It's free however you need to pay for the UK CAS appointment. New biometrics are mandatory for this. It's very straight forward. Happy to answer your questions and point you to the application link.

Good luck
Melislyashley

Thanks for the update.

It is obviouse that Home Office want to still make some pennies from eu citizens in the UK. By confirming your right electronically, they actually know stakeholders want physical proof so this brings anxiety for you so then you have to apply for a BRP Card. Some Parliamentarians are puttting Home Office under pressure to issue everyone a physical identity so that it wouldnt be another WINDRUSH.

Melislyashley
Newly Registered
Benin

Post by Melislyashley » Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:35 am

I was granted settled status within 5 days of paying as zambrano carer. I was actually quite surprised. It seems that regardless of your immigration history, as long you can prove and fully document 5 years you are OK.
I applied for the BRP as soon as I heard this was available as I do not see staff in other countries allowing me back in the UK on the sole basis of an online app or the home office decision letter. Europeans are OK but we would be doomed with no physical proof and £112 is really a small cost to pay for such freedom

Prettymum
United Kingdom

Post by Prettymum » Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:27 am

Good morning House, I just called the Eu settlement scheme this morning I spoke with someone he said the caseworker doing development check what does that mean?

snooky
United Kingdom

Post by snooky » Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:17 am

Prettymum wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:27 am
Good morning House, I just called the Eu settlement scheme this morning I spoke with someone he said the caseworker doing development check what does that mean?
Hello Prettymum

Development check means under further consideration. It is normal Home Office use of catchy phrase to cool things down.

Rest assured your settled status will be honoured soon. Home Office will issue you what they have promised within the agreement with the EU27, as they also need a reciprocral agreement from other EU member State towards their citizens.

Cheer up Prettymum

Dont panick.

Zambrano_ombudsman
BANNED
Saudi Arabia

Post by Zambrano_ombudsman » Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:18 am

mubashir1981 wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:59 pm
During transation period which is untill dec 2020. Uk is obliged to follow all eu rule that is also part of withdrawal agreement. So zambrano is eucj ruling which automatically covers does not have to spicify if its not there only thing is after transaction period it will no.longer recognize uless i have convert to uk law.
There is nothing "automatic" about the status of Zambrano carers post 31 January 2020.

You are discussing legal issues. It is not okay to make assumptions and try to present them as fact. You are misleading the public.

You can say, "I think or hope that the UK continues to treat Zambrano carers the way the did before 31 January 2020, but there is no official agreement in place." That would be accurate.

The EU and UK have not agreed any further protections for Zambrano carers after 31 January 2020.

Prettymum
United Kingdom

Post by Prettymum » Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:21 am

snooky wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:17 am
Prettymum wrote:
Hello Prettymum

Development check means under further consideration. It is normal Home Office use of catchy phrase to cool things down.

Rest assured your settled status will be honoured soon. Home Office will issue you what they have promised within the agreement with the EU27, as they also need a reciprocral agreement from other EU member State towards their citizens.

Cheer up Prettymum

Dont panick.
Hi Snooky

Many thanks.. Am just curious

Zambrano_ombudsman
BANNED
Saudi Arabia

Post by Zambrano_ombudsman » Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:24 am

mubashir1981 wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:14 am
When i say i have master degree then it is obvious that i also pass bachular a levels gcse so similarly whe it says that eu cort court jurisdiction will continue to apply so they dont have to mention each and every thing this eu court rulesing that a member of state csnnot remove primary carer where citizen of that state also have to leave if theey do that will agaist eu court which they r obliged to spply until dec 2020.
The UK has left the EU, effective 31 January 2020.

Your analogy falls apart at the first hurdle. There is no overarching framework in place that applies to Zambrano carers after this Friday.

If a married couple decide to divorce, everything after the divorce has to be negotiated. Nothing can be taken for granted.

For example, if the divorced couple previously agreed to buy birthday presents for each other when they were married, neither partner should automatically assume they will continue to receive a birthday present from the other after the divorce.

The EU did not ask the UK to include protections for Zambrano carers after 31 January 2020. This situation is simply a matter of fact.

If you are aware of an agreed protection post 31 January 2020, provide your evidence for us to all see.

I can prove Zambrano carers are not covered in either the Withdrawal Agreement or the Political Declaration. You just have to read it.

snooky
United Kingdom

Post by snooky » Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:26 am

Billyosa wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:30 am
Zambrano_ombudsman wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:08 am
mubashir1981 wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:01 am
Snooky must be sleeping this time but i am sure he will reply soon.
So if u r correct then after 31st jan home office should remove drf1 application form from there website. Wht u say?
You think Snooky is a guy? Interesting.

The same Home Office that tells people they can't be Zambrano carers and have limited leave to remain? Save your energy.

The Home Office should have issued a press release to answer basic questions.

How are we at this place? It has been almost four years. No one really knows what will happen over the next 11 months. Everyone should hope for the best, but mentally and financially prepare for Court by preparing clear and compelling evidence.
Why this negativity ? chill man...
Everything will be normal until at least 31/12/20...
Stop discouraging people here, what are you going to achieve with this? This thread is for positivity and and timeliness on Zambrano Settled/presettled applicants..
Billyosa good morning

You are perfectly right. Negativity has come to this platform. We are here to encourage with positivities to achieve the vibration of their dreams.

Again you’re top notch to say everything will be normal at least to 31/12/2020.

Thank you very much

Zambrano_ombudsman
BANNED
Saudi Arabia

Post by Zambrano_ombudsman » Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:32 am

Billyosa wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:30 am
Why this negativity ? chill man...
Truth is not negative or positive. By saying "chill man", you are really saying is, "don't educate yourself about the realities of your situation. Instead choose to wilfully be misinformed.
Everything will be normal until at least 31/12/20...
If you want to delude yourself and ignore the facts, go ahead. You offer no evidence that "everything will be normal". You can't even be bothered to define what "normal" is.
Stop discouraging people here, what are you going to achieve with this?
By raising legitimate concerns, I am going to achieve people being informed.
This thread is for positivity and and timeliness on Zambrano Settled/presettled applicants..
This thread/forum is about understanding the truth, so people can make informed decisions.

Zambrano_ombudsman
BANNED
Saudi Arabia

Post by Zambrano_ombudsman » Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:44 am

snooky wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:26 am
Billyosa good morning

You are perfectly right. Negativity has come to this platform. We are here to encourage with positivities to achieve the vibration of their dreams.

Thank you very much
Everyone please remember what Billyosa and Snooky are saying today. Decide for yourself if you want to trust their advice over the next 11 months. Note: Billyosa and Snooky offer you zero evidence for their claims.

Hard facts:

The UK never wanted to give the migrant single parents of British children leave to remain. They fought the EU hard to stop it. The EU ruled against them.

For years, the UK denied Zambrano carers derivative residence cards - in clear and total violation of EU law. From this Friday, there is no EU law in place for Zambrano carers to guide the UK's actions.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:48 am

Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:44 am

For years, the UK denied Zambrano carers derivative residence cards - in clear and total violation of EU law. From this Friday, there is no EU law in place for Zambrano carers to guide the UK's actions.
That is not correct. EU law will apply in its entirety in the UK, until at least 31-12-2020.

Zambrano carer will continue to benefit from the withdrawal agreement thereafter.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

snooky
United Kingdom

Post by snooky » Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:51 am

Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:24 am
mubashir1981 wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:14 am
When i say i have master degree then it is obvious that i also pass bachular a levels gcse so similarly whe it says that eu cort court jurisdiction will continue to apply so they dont have to mention each and every thing this eu court rulesing that a member of state csnnot remove primary carer where citizen of that state also have to leave if theey do that will agaist eu court which they r obliged to spply until dec 2020.
The UK has left the EU, effective 31 January 2020.

Your analogy falls apart at the first hurdle. There is no overarching framework in place that applies to Zambrano carers after this Friday.

If a married couple decide to divorce, everything after the divorce has to be negotiated. Nothing can be taken for granted.

For example, if the divorced couple previously agreed to buy birthday presents for each other when they were married, neither partner should automatically assume they will continue to receive a birthday present from the other after the divorce.

The EU did not ask the UK to include protections for Zambrano carers after 31 January 2020. This situation is simply a matter of fact.

If you are aware of an agreed protection post 31 January 2020, provide your evidence for us to all see.

I can prove Zambrano carers are not covered in either the Withdrawal Agreement or the Political Declaration. You just have to read it.
Zambrano_ombudsman

Good morning and hope you had a good rest.
Please do not work yourself out too much on this issue. It is discouraging members.

Topsibelle who initiated this thread would be sad.

If you want us to discuss law, please open a thread for that and we will help you to understand

1. Agreement
2. Parliamentary status of law
3. Bylaws
4. Amendments
5. Policy
6. Guidance
7. Protection law
8. Enshrinement
9, Promulgation
10. Treaties
11. Political Declaration
12. Appendix EU

The Home Office work with a framework and through this procedure comes out of other executive powers embeded in Henry Viii Charter of the british Parliamentary Act.

The UK government through negotiations with other members of the bloc has come to this conclusion and please do not resell information by copy and paste without understanding its due process.

It is material fact that the UK final Exit is 31 December 2020 and extra 6 months grace period should UK leaves with a deal( 30 June 2021)

UK within this period will still respect European laws, regulations and directives.

The term family members outside EU will still be treated within the law

Read this

My rt hon Friend the Minister of State for Immigration (Caroline Nokes) has today made the following Written Ministerial Statement:

My rt hon Friend the Home Secretary is today laying before Parliament a Statement of Changes in Immigration Rules (HC 1919). The changes provide for the full opening of the EU Settlement Scheme from 30 March 2019 for resident EU citizens and their family members to obtain the UK immigration status which they will require in order to remain here permanently after the UK’s withdrawal from the European Union.

The Government is also laying before Parliament today two negative procedure Statutory Instruments: the Immigration and Nationality (Fees) (Refund, Waiver and Amendment) (EU Exit) Regulations 2019, which provide for no application fee for the scheme as announced by the Prime Minister on 21 January 2019, and the Immigration (European Economic Area Nationals) (EU Exit) Regulations 2019, which, in part, make changes associated with the scheme to other secondary legislation.

Protecting EU citizens’ rights remains our number one priority. We value the contribution they make to the social, economic and cultural fabric of the UK and we want them to stay. The best way to protect their rights, and those of UK nationals resident in the EU, is for the UK to reach a Withdrawal Agreement with the EU. However, as a responsible Government we are planning for all scenarios. In response to the proposal put forward by my hon Friend the Member for South Leicestershire (Alberto Costa), my rt hon Friend the Secretary of State for Exiting the European Union has written to the EU about the possibility of a joint UK/EU commitment to preserving the citizens’ rights part of the Withdrawal Agreement in the event the UK withdraws from the EU without a deal. We await their response. The full opening of the EU Settlement Scheme will enable EU citizens and their family members to secure their UK immigration status whether a deal is reached or not.

In light of the successful testing of the online application process for the scheme during the private beta test phases from August to December 2018, in which we received and processed more than 30,000 applications, a public beta test phase of the scheme began on 21 January 2019. This phase is open to resident EU citizens (and their EU citizen family members) with a valid passport, and to their non-EU citizen family members with a valid biometric residence card. In this public beta phase, we received more than 120,000 applications by the end of February 2019, enabling us to test the system at a greater scale than previous phases.

By the end of February 2019, more than 105,000 of these applications had been concluded, with 71 per cent granted settled status, the rest granted pre-settled status and none refused. 75 per cent of these applicants received their decision within three days and 80 per cent of those who provided feedback found the online application process easy, or fairly easy, to complete. A report on the public beta test phase will be published after its conclusion on 30 March 2019.

This means that, since the opening of the initial private beta test phase on 28 August 2018, we had, by the end of February 2019, received more than 150,000 applications under the scheme, of which 135,000 (nearly 90 per cent) had already been concluded. Of these concluded cases, 71 per cent were granted settled status, with the rest granted pre-settled status and none refused.

The Government therefore intends to go ahead, as planned, with the full opening of the EU Settlement Scheme from 30 March 2019. The Immigration Rules for the scheme contained in the new Appendix EU include the following changes to the scope of the scheme:

• Resident citizens of the other European Economic Area (EEA) countries (Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway) and of Switzerland, and their family members, will also be able to apply for UK immigration status under the scheme, in line with the citizens’ rights agreements reached with those countries;

• EEA and Swiss citizens and certain family members will from 9 April 2019 be able to apply under the scheme from outside the UK, so that they can obtain status under it, based on their previous residence in the UK, without needing to travel here in order to make an online application;

• The scheme will be open to the family members of British citizens who were exercising their free movement rights under EU law before returning to the UK (‘Surinder Singh’ cases), and to the family members of certain dual British/EU citizens (‘Lounes’ cases);

• The scheme will be open to others lawfully resident in the UK by virtue of a ‘derivative right’ to reside, based on wider EU law. These are ‘Chen carers’ (the primary carer of a self-sufficient EEA citizen child), ‘Ibrahim and Teixeira’ cases (a child of a former EEA citizen worker who is in education in the UK and their primary carer), and ‘Zambrano carers’ (the primary carer of a British citizen child or dependent adult);

• Residence in the Crown Dependencies (Guernsey, Jersey and the Isle of Man) will be counted as UK residence for the purposes of the scheme, consistent with the wider operation of the Common Travel Area;

• EEA and Swiss citizens previously resident in the UK will be able to count as UK residence for the purposes of the scheme time spent on an overseas posting as a Crown servant, as will a partner or child of any nationality accompanying such a person or accompanying a member of HM Forces on an overseas posting. Such EEA and Swiss citizens have a made a strong commitment to the UK by serving overseas in this way, or by accompanying someone who is doing so, and this should not disadvantage them under the scheme; and

• Consistent with the basis on which the scheme will operate in a ‘no deal’ scenario, provision is made for the ‘specified date’, by which EEA and Swiss citizens will need to be continuously resident in the UK and certain relevant family relationships will need to be formed, to be 29 March 2019 in that scenario rather than 31 December 2020.

The new Appendix EU also includes the following changes to the application process for the scheme:

• There will be no application fee under the scheme, as the Prime Minister announced on 21 January 2019;

• In certain circumstances, an application under the scheme will be made on a paper application form rather than through the online application process, including in ‘derivative right’ cases where the applicant will need to provide additional information to that generally required under the scheme, and in exceptional circumstances, where provision of a paper application form complements the assisted digital support available for applicants who need help to complete the online application process;

• Applicants in the UK will be able to rely on a wider range of documents as proof of their identity and nationality: their valid national identity card for an EEA or Swiss citizen, as well as their valid passport, and their valid passport or biometric residence permit for a non-EEA/Swiss citizen family member, as well as their valid biometric residence card;

• There will be scope for applicants to submit their identity document by post to be checked and returned to them quickly, as an alternative, for EEA/Swiss citizens and for non-EEA/Swiss citizens with a biometric residence card, to using the identity verification app or visiting one of the locations at which they can be helped to use this (of which there will be at least 50 across the UK by 30 March 2019); and

• There will also be scope for the Secretary of State to accept alternative evidence of identity and nationality where the applicant is unable to provide the required document due to circumstances beyond their control or to compelling practical or compassionate reasons.

This Statement of Changes in Immigration Rules makes the following other provision associated with the EU Settlement Scheme:

• Consistent with the draft Withdrawal Agreement with the EU, the new Appendix EU (Family Permit) provides for a non-EEA/Swiss citizen who is the family member of an EEA/Swiss citizen with status granted under the EU Settlement Scheme to apply for an entry clearance to join that EEA/Swiss citizen in the UK, or to accompany them here, whether for a short stay or to make an application under the scheme in the UK;

• Changes to Part 1 and Part 9 of the Rules to ensure that the grounds for the revocation of an entry clearance granted under Appendix EU (Family Permit), the refusal or cancellation of leave to enter held by virtue of a person having arrived in the UK with such an entry clearance, and the cancellation or curtailment of leave to enter or remain granted under Appendix EU are consistent the EU law public policy tests for conduct committed before 31 December 2020 (or before 29 March 2019 in a ‘no deal’ scenario) and with UK suitability provisions for conduct thereafter; and

• Enables an application for administrative review of a decision under the scheme to be made outside the UK as well as within the UK, reflecting the scope for overseas applications under the scheme.

The full opening of the EU Settlement Scheme from 30 March 2019 will provide a straightforward and user-friendly means for resident EEA and Swiss citizens and their family members to remain here permanently. They make a huge contribution to our economy and society and the full opening of the scheme is tangible evidence that we want them to stay.

Thanks

snooky
United Kingdom

Post by snooky » Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:12 pm

Obie wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:48 am

That is not correct. EU law will apply in its entirety in the UK, until at least 31-12-2020.

Zambrano carer will continue to benefit from the withdrawal agreement thereafter.
Obie

Was actually trying to send you a private message to come onboard

The EU will still be on till 31 December 2020 if theres no deal with EU 27

Or 30 June 2021 if there is a deal with EU 27

Thank you also for this truth

Bless

Prettymum
United Kingdom

Post by Prettymum » Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:16 pm

Prettymum wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:21 am
snooky wrote:
Prettymum wrote:
Hello Prettymum

Cheer up Prettymum

Dont panick.
Hi Snooky

Hi Snooky
Thank you for you said prayers... I was also told to keep an eye on my emails.

snooky
United Kingdom

Post by snooky » Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:24 pm

snooky wrote:
Billyosa good morning

Thank you very much
Everyone please remember what Billyosa and Snooky are saying today. Decide for yourself if you want to trust their advice over the next 11 months. Note: Billyosa and Snooky offer you zero evidence for their claims.

Hard facts:

The UK never wanted to give the migrant single parents of British children leave to remain. They fought the EU hard to stop it. The EU ruled against them.

Zambrano_ombudsman

In any immigration laws, the government who introduces this legislation will always discriminate against other people.

That is why the courts are there. Some of us we have taken Home Office on so we know what we say and write.

To all members

Zambrano C34 /09 came out of EU directives Articles 20 of TFEU. This is called wider EU law and is firmly secured till UK leaves totally

Tnx

snooky
United Kingdom

Post by snooky » Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:32 pm

Prettymum wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:16 pm
Prettymum wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:21 am
snooky wrote:
Prettymum wrote:
Prettymum

The mail confirmation is normally for EU citizen who are doing settlement scheme. Yours will be through post. Dont be worried about the hard left negativity

Hello Prettymum

Cheer up Prettymum

Dont panick.
Hi Snooky

Hi Snooky
Thank you for you said prayers... I was also told to keep an eye on my emails.

snooky
United Kingdom

Post by snooky » Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:02 pm

snooky wrote:
Billyosa good morning

Thank you very much

Hard facts:

Zambrano_ombudsman

Your evidence are all stale. Not in accordance with any material fact which has been agreed amongest the EU 27

You talk about Home Office making things hard for Zambrano carers. It is a fact but this happened because after the Zambrano ruling, Lady Hale properly explain under ZH Tanzanian and other children Supreme Court ruling about Articles 7 and 8 and best interest of a child. Home Office then adpoted this ruling and made ex1 application under Appendix FM of the domestic immigration.

So Home Office thought once it has incorprated this ruling they can then forget Zambrano EU ruling.

But the ruling of chen and carpenters, mccartey vs SSHD reenforced Zambrano ruling and the Home of on 2013 followed and juridiction of the EU Court.

Technically Appendix FM and Zambrano are similar

snooky
United Kingdom

Post by snooky » Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:08 pm

Melislyashley wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:35 am
I was granted settled status within 5 days of paying as zambrano carer. I was actually quite surprised. It seems that regardless of your immigration history, as long you can prove and fully document 5 years you are OK.
I applied for the BRP as soon as I heard this was available as I do not see staff in other countries allowing me back in the UK on the sole basis of an online app or the home office decision letter. Europeans are OK but we would be doomed with no physical proof and £112 is really a small cost to pay for such freedom
Home Office perform wonders at times.

Is all about the caseworker. Some are Lazy, crass and untrain.

Thank God

Zambrano_ombudsman
BANNED
Saudi Arabia

Post by Zambrano_ombudsman » Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:18 pm

Obie wrote:

No, Obie. You are incorrect. EU law will not apply in its entirety. Zambrano carers are not covered by the Withdrawal Agreement or the Political Declaration. The EU did not negotiate on behalf of Zambrano carers. The EU did not ask that Zambrano carers continue to enjoy the same rights post Brexit as they currently enjoy today.

If you are so certain, provide evidence. It is really is that simple.

Zambrano_ombudsman
BANNED
Saudi Arabia

Post by Zambrano_ombudsman » Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:22 pm

snooky wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:51 am
Zambrano_ombudsman

Good morning and hope you had a good rest.
Please do not work yourself out too much on this issue. It is discouraging members.

Topsibelle who initiated this thread would be sad.

If you want us to discuss law, please open a thread for that and we will help you to understand
Snooky,

I hope all is well. I understand you received confirmation from the Home Office of your EU settled status?

Let's not assume that your individual case will apply to everyone else.

Where you see discouragement, I see preparation for all possible outcomes. Where you see sadness, I see a commitment to honesty and research.

When you tell people the status quo will continue after Friday, you are discussing law. You just do so without any legal context to back your arguments.

Zambrano_ombudsman
BANNED
Saudi Arabia

Post by Zambrano_ombudsman » Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:24 pm

snooky wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:12 pm
Obie wrote:

Obie

Was actually trying to send you a private message to come onboard

The EU will still be on till 31 December 2020 if theres no deal with EU 27

Or 30 June 2021 if there is a deal with EU 27

Thank you also for this truth

Bless
An opinion without evidence is not truth. It's just someone's hope or gut intuition.

Chris90
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Chris90 » Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:24 pm

I do not believe zambrano ombudsman is being negative, he is being realistic...

We are not specifically included in the withdrawal agreement however the fact that eu rules apply we can continue to argue our right until then the end of such period.

It must be noted that if the home office choose to not process or grant further who will challenge. They can run the clock down if they chooses and then decline. That is the reality of the matter and I will not deny this.
Its always best to know your current position, law deal with facts.
what I take from my current position is I cannot allow home office to run down the clock on me

Look at it this way, is raining, EU citizens has 2 umbrellas(eu law and withdrawal agreement) , we have have 1(eu law) which will end after transition period. These are the facts... Put pressure on home office as application over 1 month is due a decision. Their website says this.

Notice they have not change the expected processing time on the gov website, that is not an accident. An explanation to why we have not gotten a decision is not necessarily a good thing. In 2019/2020 home office is more than equipped to carry out efficient and accurate checks quickly. They simply don't know how to get their own way with the latest Patel ruling, they would rather us all be on the 10 year expensive route, remember folks there is money to be made in migration aswel.

I'm my opinion (my opinion means nothing) we should be making noise a long time ago. One thing I know home office do not like is public scrutiny.. I have already been in contact with a journalist.

I will wait another 2 weeks before I consider my legal options.

Best wishes

Zambrano_ombudsman
BANNED
Saudi Arabia

Post by Zambrano_ombudsman » Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:29 pm

snooky wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:24 pm
Zambrano_ombudsman

In any immigration laws, the government who introduces this legislation will always discriminate against other people.

That is why the courts are there. Some of us we have taken Home Office on so we know what we say and write.

To all members

Zambrano C34 /09 came out of EU directives Articles 20 of TFEU. This is called wider EU law and is firmly secured till UK leaves totally

Tnx
Snooky,

By "discriminate", do you mean unlawfully discriminate? I don't think society should accept unlawful actions by their government as the norm.

The Courts should not be abused. The Courts should be used to decide complex cases. Zambrano carers had to take the Home Office to Court just to get their derivative residence cards. The Home Office lost something like 80% of the time. It was a waste of taxpayer money.

You keep saying the situation for Zambrano carers is "secured" until the "UK leaves totally", yet you refuse to provide any evidence. You hide behind the excuse that my request for evidence is an attempt to have "legal argument". It is dishonest to knowingly present an unqualified, unresearched opinion as fact.

Zambrano_ombudsman
BANNED
Saudi Arabia

Post by Zambrano_ombudsman » Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:36 pm

Chris90 should be in charge of this forum. He understands both the law, the Home Office AND how to approach the problem!

I understand these facts are unsettling. But there is power in numbers if people take action.

Don't be discouraged. Be brave.

Why do they treat Zambrano carers so badly? Because they assume Zambrano carers won't take the time to understand their unique situation. They assume Zambrano carers won't say anything.

Zambrano carers are often black, brown, Eastern European, single mothers. There are people who do not want Zambrano carers to be in the UK.

These people are the negative people, not me. They argue that Zambrano carers will not contribute anything meaningful to UK society. By "just being positive", you are proving them right.

So, file a complaint before 31 Jan 2020 if you have waited for months and have not received any update or decision.

Chris90 wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:24 pm
I do not believe zambrano ombudsman is being negative, he is being realistic...

We are not specifically included in the withdrawal agreement however the fact that eu rules apply we can continue to argue our right until then the end of such period.

It must be noted that if the home office choose to not process or grant further who will challenge. They can run the clock down if they chooses and then decline. That is the reality of the matter and I will not deny this.
Its always best to know your current position, law deal with facts.
what I take from my current position is I cannot allow home office to run down the clock on me

Look at it this way, is raining, EU citizens has 2 umbrellas(eu law and withdrawal agreement) , we have have 1(eu law) which will end after transition period. These are the facts... Put pressure on home office as application over 1 month is due a decision. Their website says this.

Notice they have not change the expected processing time on the gov website, that is not an accident. An explanation to why we have not gotten a decision is not necessarily a good thing. In 2019/2020 home office is more than equipped to carry out efficient and accurate checks quickly. They simply don't know how to get their own way with the latest Patel ruling, they would rather us all be on the 10 year expensive route, remember folks there is money to be made in migration aswel.

I'm my opinion (my opinion means nothing) we should be making noise a long time ago. One thing I know home office do not like is public scrutiny.. I have already been in contact with a journalist.

I will wait another 2 weeks before I consider my legal options.

Best wishes