ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

*CCL* Test Case Determination is Out & Students Lost

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sandy1199
Newly Registered

Post by sandy1199 » Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:34 am

yaa, have u got any news related to LSEC.

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:20 pm

Here is an unreported determination from the AIT website. It is not case law. The appeal was allowed.
This one is also possibly a LSEC case although it is not named and the appeal was dismissed:

http://www.ait.gov.uk/Public/Unreported/IA177282008.doc

Personally I do not think you stand a chance if you are associated with both Univisas and LSEC, especially if you used documents from there to extend your leave in the UK such as attendance records or certificates.

See also the Times Online report of the court case:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/u ... 424015.ece
the Times wrote:Sharma, 44, a solicitor, and Shahi, 31, are believed to have earned at least £3 million from their role in the fraud. Individuals running one of the London colleges that provided them with sham certificates and diplomas are thought to have been paid £9 million for their work.

Employees at the London School of E-Commerce supplied fraudulent material including degrees, diplomas and employment material to the criminals. It ran only one questionably accredited nursing course but had a huge number of clients on its books.

At Isleworth Crown Court yesterday Shahi was convicted of conspiracy to defraud, handling criminal property and immigration offences. She was sentenced to eight years in prison. Sharma pleaded guilty to his role in the conspiracy before the trial started and was sentenced to seven years.

A third woman, Neelam Sharma, 38, was convicted of handling some of the money and was jailed for four years. The former teacher was cleared of conspiracy to defraud and immigration offences.
And an article in the Sun:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/ne ... 415130.ece
the Sun wrote:They discovered a mountain of 90,000 documents including false university certificates, academic records, bank statements and pay slips.

Investigators seized 980 individual files and of 117 analysed in detail, 113 were found to contain fraudulent information.

Mr Sheridan said the fraud focused on abusing the Highly Skilled Migrant Programme which is designed to enable well qualified individuals with useful skills to work in Britain.

He said the company would charge up to £4,000 to obtain visas and those behind the scam were so confident they offered a money back guarantee.

The barrister said: "The defendants can be said to have launched a systematic attack on the integrity of the Home Office by their submission of false and bogus documents.

"In some instances applicants from very humble backgrounds found themselves to be the holders of degrees and post-graduate qualifications in a matter of months.

"Academic ability was not the main criteria, cash was. They have achieved that status on arriving in the UK by paying for it without the troublesome step of attending college."

He added: "It is believed this prosecution represents the largest single prosecution of dishonest records ever submitted to the Home Office by an individual business. It is a huge attack on the system."

sandy1199
Newly Registered

regarding Lsec (london school of e-commerce)

Post by sandy1199 » Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:24 pm

PaperPusher wrote:Here is an unreported determination from the AIT website. It is not case law. The appeal was allowed.
This one is also possibly a LSEC case although it is not named and the appeal was dismissed:

http://www.ait.gov.uk/Public/Unreported/IA177282008.doc

Personally I do not think you stand a chance if you are associated with both Univisas and LSEC, especially if you used documents from there to extend your leave in the UK such as attendance records or certificates.

See also the Times Online report of the court case:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/u ... 424015.ece
the Times wrote:Sharma, 44, a solicitor, and Shahi, 31, are believed to have earned at least £3 million from their role in the fraud. Individuals running one of the London colleges that provided them with sham certificates and diplomas are thought to have been paid £9 million for their work.

Employees at the London School of E-Commerce supplied fraudulent material including degrees, diplomas and employment material to the criminals. It ran only one questionably accredited nursing course but had a huge number of clients on its books.

At Isleworth Crown Court yesterday Shahi was convicted of conspiracy to defraud, handling criminal property and immigration offences. She was sentenced to eight years in prison. Sharma pleaded guilty to his role in the conspiracy before the trial started and was sentenced to seven years.

A third woman, Neelam Sharma, 38, was convicted of handling some of the money and was jailed for four years. The former teacher was cleared of conspiracy to defraud and immigration offences.
And an article in the Sun:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/ne ... 415130.ece
the Sun wrote:They discovered a mountain of 90,000 documents including false university certificates, academic records, bank statements and pay slips.

Investigators seized 980 individual files and of 117 analysed in detail, 113 were found to contain fraudulent information.

Mr Sheridan said the fraud focused on abusing the Highly Skilled Migrant Programme which is designed to enable well qualified individuals with useful skills to work in Britain.

He said the company would charge up to £4,000 to obtain visas and those behind the scam were so confident they offered a money back guarantee.

The barrister said: "The defendants can be said to have launched a systematic attack on the integrity of the Home Office by their submission of false and bogus documents.

"In some instances applicants from very humble backgrounds found themselves to be the holders of degrees and post-graduate qualifications in a matter of months.

"Academic ability was not the main criteria, cash was. They have achieved that status on arriving in the UK by paying for it without the troublesome step of attending college."

He added: "It is believed this prosecution represents the largest single prosecution of dishonest records ever submitted to the Home Office by an individual business. It is a huge attack on the system."
hey Paperpusher,
thx for information. Actually i have also completed my masters from a leeds university after i moved on from lsec in june 2007. But I have to clear my name from Lsec and then apply for a PSW. My hearing in court is in december. Plz help me with the matter.

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:46 pm

Why were you refused and what did you apply for?

Did you also use Univisas?

Did you use forged documents or deception?

sandy1199
Newly Registered

Post by sandy1199 » Sat Nov 07, 2009 5:40 pm

PaperPusher wrote:Why were you refused and what did you apply for?

Did you also use Univisas?

Did you use forged documents or deception?
I applied for student visa to study at uni. When I was in middle of course in jan 2009, they asked me to leave the country, accusing me to obtain two diplomas at lsec by deception. i left lsec in june 2007. then studied at another college for a year. then at uni from sept 2008-09. They are accusing me bcz of lsec. I have finished my masters, but i think i cann't even apply for PSW. Plz give me some guidance. my hearing is in first week of december.

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Sat Nov 07, 2009 6:16 pm

You may want to get legal advice.

sandy1199
Newly Registered

Post by sandy1199 » Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:47 pm

PaperPusher wrote:You may want to get legal advice.
Actually i want to get some information from the students who have or haven't got their appeals granted. ( specially who won the appeal). It will be very beneficial for me to prepare myself. If u know anyone or any information regarding this, plz let me know. Thx very much.

danish1981
BANNED

Re: CCL Case

Post by danish1981 » Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:22 am

ajmal wrote:As member of One of the group I request Rizoo and HitMan both not to disclose any updates regarding CCL Case any more on this and any other forum and on telephone.

Its unjustice for those members who already joined, paid and regularly attending meetings and working for the group.
All registered members are already getting updates from Group Leaders regularly.

I also request all those CCL Victims who still not yet joined any group to come forward and Join one of the group to fight the case
if u won't update how u will convince more students to come up and join u, i knw its not fair but on d other side u wont attract more students then,i knw so far there is still not much progress with CCL case and both of the groups are still waiting for more guys to join up ,tas y its onhold, im not saying its a scam but it does click d mind tat it mite b.u dont have to disclose all details but d minimum update like imp dates or deadlines for submission of case will mite help your group and candidates outside still willing to join to make up their mind that are they going to join or not ?
its going to be nearly 2 months now is there any daedline to challenge the leadcase in high court or you can do it anytime ???coz leadcase result is already out for exact 3 months now...so how long you guys are going to wait now to doit.there's so many guys who already got their hearing dates for high court, give them some exact deadline and see you will def get some positive response from more students.

ajmal

Post by ajmal » Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:04 am

danish1981 wrote:
ajmal wrote:As member of One of the group I request Rizoo and HitMan both not to disclose any updates regarding CCL Case any more on this and any other forum and on telephone.

Its unjustice for those members who already joined, paid and regularly attending meetings and working for the group.
All registered members are already getting updates from Group Leaders regularly.

I also request all those CCL Victims who still not yet joined any group to come forward and Join one of the group to fight the case
if u won't update how u will convince more students to come up and join u, i knw its not fair but on d other side u wont attract more students then,i knw so far there is still not much progress with CCL case and both of the groups are still waiting for more guys to join up ,tas y its onhold, im not saying its a scam but it does click d mind tat it mite b.u dont have to disclose all details but d minimum update like imp dates or deadlines for submission of case will mite help your group and candidates outside still willing to join to make up their mind that are they going to join or not ?
its going to be nearly 2 months now is there any daedline to challenge the leadcase in high court or you can do it anytime ???coz leadcase result is already out for exact 3 months now...so how long you guys are going to wait now to doit.there's so many guys who already got their hearing dates for high court, give them some exact deadline and see you will def get some positive response from more students.

Why are you waiting for the last date? or you still think that you will win your reconsideration appeal? If every student wait for the last date then I am afraid that both groups will not be able to go High Cout on time. Do you have any other option rather than fight for the case . What about in your case, you lose the job after refusal and when you appeal for reconsideration you were allowed to work again. The same will going to happen if student groups will not go to High Court to challenge Test case then Home Office will soon start sending removal letters to every one.

Good Luck

tuhadda_fuffar

Post by tuhadda_fuffar » Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:14 am

My lawyer told me that nothing has been done until last week against the lead case decision.

Singh_Is_King
Newly Registered

Post by Singh_Is_King » Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:00 pm

Hi everyone
Hope someone help me. I am also a victim of CCl. I appealed in high court but my appeal was refused. I came back in my country within 28 days. Now i want to get marry with my British girl friend, i am with her 3 years.
Please can someone tell me how much chances i will get refused from visa ?? if i will appeal after that is any chance appeal will successful?
Is any ban still on me if i will apply after marriage? Is yes then ban will start from date of refusal letter or when i left the country?
Please help me if you can?

ajmal

Post by ajmal » Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:31 pm

Singh_Is_King wrote:Hi everyone
Hope someone help me. I am also a victim of CCl. I appealed in high court but my appeal was refused. I came back in my country within 28 days. Now i want to get marry with my British girl friend, i am with her 3 years.
Please can someone tell me how much chances i will get refused from visa ?? if i will appeal after that is any chance appeal will successful?
Is any ban still on me if i will apply after marriage? Is yes then ban will start from date of refusal letter or when i left the country?

Your 1 year period start the day you left Uk, But you need to inform UK Boarder Agency that you are leaving. The one year period will not apply on you if you apply Fiance visa or your girl Friend come to your home country and get married to you and then you will apply for spouse visa.

Out of country appeal application chances in this case are Zero

Singh_Is_King
Newly Registered

Post by Singh_Is_King » Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:09 am

ajmal wrote:
thanks 4 ur reply
I need to know how much chance i will get visa after marriage?? is their any chance they will refuse my marriage visa on the base of my last CCL record?

Your 1 year period start the day you left Uk, But you need to inform UK Boarder Agency that you are leaving. The one year period will not apply on you if you apply Fiance visa or your girl Friend come to your home country and get married to you and then you will apply for spouse visa.

ajmal

Post by ajmal » Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:08 pm

Singh_Is_King wrote:
ajmal wrote:
thanks 4 ur reply
I need to know how much chance i will get visa after marriage?? is their any chance they will refuse my marriage visa on the base of my last CCL record?

No they cannot refuse your spouse visa if your marriage is real

Singh_Is_King
Newly Registered

Post by Singh_Is_King » Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:18 am

ajmal wrote:
Singh_Is_King wrote:
ajmal wrote:
thanks 4 ur reply

No they cannot refuse your spouse visa if your marriage is real
yes my marriage is real but someone told me due to CCL they may refuse me cos CCL students give fake papers.
they think CCL students did fraud and they not allowed fraud people go back in UK. Thats why i am worried

HitmaN2009
Newly Registered

Group Meeting

Post by HitmaN2009 » Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:16 am

Quick Update:-

An URGENT CCL Association Group Members meeting is scheduled for Thursday 26th November at 4:00 pm.

All Members are requested to please come and attend. Please also confirm your availability by phone or via email at krazykool19@hotmail.com

For any new members or whoever wants to join we will do identity check first so you need to contact as soon as possible. No outsiders under any circumstances would be allowed to enter the meeting.

regards,

HitmaN (On Behalf of CCL Association)

opssss
Newly Registered

Post by opssss » Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:43 am

yes, i have no right to call you scammer, no matter i agree with your plan or not.

sorry for that, i have removed my post.
Last edited by opssss on Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HitmaN2009
Newly Registered

Post by HitmaN2009 » Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:14 pm

Brother Opsss,

no hard feelings... I just pray & wish that this whole thing gets sorted out. Wish you all the best...

regards,

HitmaN
Last edited by HitmaN2009 on Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

opssss
Newly Registered

Post by opssss » Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:31 pm

a small update for NOT PAYING students :)

students who requested paper decission have not received anything yet.
students who requested hearing are getting hearing dates for december and jan 2010.

No further update is available as of now.

bagula_bhagat
BANNED

Post by bagula_bhagat » Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:53 am

This thread is going down to the bottom of the page.

Please keep it up and keep posting your updated about the case, whatever it may be.

Thanks

Blackwater1

Post by Blackwater1 » Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:26 pm

yesterday was the anniversary of CCL closure..no obituaries??

opssss
Newly Registered

Post by opssss » Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:08 pm

people who requested paper decission got their first reply today that the first decission where students lost the appeal was correct. hence this request is dismissed.
you have 5 days to appeal against this decission (you need grounds for it) or 28 days to leave the country

goodluck guys

bagula_bhagat
BANNED

Post by bagula_bhagat » Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:39 pm

Get on your toes guys and file the cases along with other groups in high court against the ridiculous and draconian test case decision.

wickhamme
Newly Registered

Post by wickhamme » Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:59 pm

bagula_bhagat wrote:Get on your toes guys and file the cases along with other groups in high court against the ridiculous and draconian test case decision.
hi guys, my appeal was heard on the 16th, even before the appeal started judge told me the test case decision was right and the case stands no chance and why am i still there, i insisted i studied and have done my course from the college so i am there(i was without any solicitor)..ok now judge started asking me questions(v stupid) how many days u went, how many students in class then he asked H.O rep if he wud like to ask me any questions, H.O rep said no he wont, h.o rep read some para to judge which in plain language means is, even if we studied there the degre which we have done is bogus so knowingly or unknowingle visa has to be refused, same thing judge told me,
H.O cant proove tha classes were never held there thats very clear and in my hearing it was not challenged, they r blaming students for doing a course which is bogus and blames student for everything, when i told judge that the college was in all the listed bodies judge told me that doesnt means the college is genuine and still its studenst resp to ensure whetehr the college n course is genuine or not? when i told judge till the time i studied and passed out from college H.O didnt claimed college was fake or anything was wrong until december still judge said it doesnt mean anything and its students fault for not ensuring whether the college n course is right or wrong? and dismissed my appeal.
in total they r blaming student for everything, even if u hv studied there or not that doesnt bothers them now cos they cant proove whether u were a student or not but they saying the degree which u hv done is bogus n false representation.

one more thing for sure that judge was out of his mind cos when i said i studied and even after doing so my visa application has been refused and i hv been charged with deception judge said no itsnot decepion? crack head judge he was or he didnt knew what he was saying..
anyways guy i thought this info mite be useful to some other guys so i am sharing it here..

bagula_bhagat
BANNED

Post by bagula_bhagat » Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:04 pm

Whats your next plan of action now mate?