ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Appeal Allowed Visa Stamped Timings - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nasjam

Post by nasjam » Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:38 pm

mekyle1@hotmail.com wrote:My Call In letter is a bit different from those pasted above. Received this on email on the 30th of Dec, 2010 (after 2 months of receiving Notice of Withdrawal) and submitted passport on 4th Jan, 2011 with a printout of the letter. Still waiting for news. Current status on Gerry's says "Visa application is under process at the British High Commission. 01/15/2011" Before this, status said that it had been sent to OC or something like that...

The Gerry's guys were pretty confident that the visa will be granted. I asked three different people and got the same reply! Apparently, Call In letter means that you will be getting the visa....

Call In letter is pasted below for your review:

CALL IN LETTER

Our Ref:
Gerry's International Ref:
Passport number:
Name:

With reference to your application for entry clearance, please call at your nearest Gerry's International Visa Application Centre on any working day with the exception of public holidays. Further information on the nearest Gerry's International Visa Application Centre to you can be obtained by telephoning 0900 10411.

When you attend the Gerry's International Visa Application Centre, please bring with you:

- This letter

- Your passport and the passport(s) of any member of your family if mentioned above. The passport(s) should have at least six months validity.

- Please confirm your intended date of travel.

- Passport copy of the sponsor showing current Immigration status.

- TB certificate. Any applicant over the age of 11 going to the UK for 6 months or more requires to submit an up to date TB certificate. Your TB certificate should be valid at the time of arrival in the United Kingdom. The TB certificate is only acceptable if it is issued by International Organisation for Migration (IOM), and their clinics are in Islamabad, Lahore, Karachi and Mirpur. You may wish to take an appointment by the phone number 051-111-466-472 between 08:00 to 13:00 Monday to Friday.

If you are an applicant under the age of 18, we require the following information:

1. If you intend to travel unaccompanied, we require written permission from your parent(s)/guardian that you may travel alone.
2. If you intend to travel accompanied by your parent/s, we require the accompanying adult's passport number and name in full.
3. If you intend to travel accompanied by anyone other than your parent(s)/guardian, you must provide written permission from your parent(s)/guardian that you may travel.

Yours Sincerely,
Visa Enquiries Team

Did you get your call in letter via email? if this is the case then ya gerrys send incomplete call in letters missing the top bit.

If you received the call in letter through post and it is exactly the same as you have pasted then ya... top paraghraph is missing in your call in letter

nasjam

Post by nasjam » Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:41 pm

sajidmahmood wrote:
nasjam wrote:
siama wrote:hi yasmin i email them on tuesday ask them how long is the process for to stamp my hubby,s passport and they email me today saying that there are delays and we will find out from islamabad what is going on and we will email you back what shall i do wait or email them again can you please let me know what did they reply to you

siama could you please tell me that. Did your "call in letter" were saying that decision overturn and send your passport for visa stamp or it was saying .... we should REVEIW the appeal?

Please can you explain a bit more?
Hi Nasjam,

Our case is not straight for Indifinite Leave to Enter but a normal spousal visa application which has 2 years expiration time,after which you apply for Indefinite Leave to Remaim from the UK. The reason for refusal was that they didn't believe the relationship even though there is a child from the relationship so we asked them in the appeal to take DNA but they never requested this.

Thank you.
Khan Safi

Yes sajid ... I think everyone gets 2 year visa and then you apply for settlement.... but seeing other forumist.... I can now say that our call in letter is different then yasmin and that is why she took her passport back so quickly and we might have to wait longer because they might be reviewing it again. However I am confident that we also should get passport back with the stamp inshallah

:)

sajidmahmood

Post by sajidmahmood » Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:32 pm

mekyle1@hotmail.com wrote:My Call In letter is a bit different from those pasted above. Received this on email on the 30th of Dec, 2010 (after 2 months of receiving Notice of Withdrawal) and submitted passport on 4th Jan, 2011 with a printout of the letter. Still waiting for news. Current status on Gerry's says "Visa application is under process at the British High Commission. 01/15/2011" Before this, status said that it had been sent to OC or something like that...

The Gerry's guys were pretty confident that the visa will be granted. I asked three different people and got the same reply! Apparently, Call In letter means that you will be getting the visa....

Call In letter is pasted below for your review:

CALL IN LETTER

Our Ref:
Gerry's International Ref:
Passport number:
Name:

With reference to your application for entry clearance, please call at your nearest Gerry's International Visa Application Centre on any working day with the exception of public holidays. Further information on the nearest Gerry's International Visa Application Centre to you can be obtained by telephoning 0900 10411.

When you attend the Gerry's International Visa Application Centre, please bring with you:

- This letter

- Your passport and the passport(s) of any member of your family if mentioned above. The passport(s) should have at least six months validity.

- Please confirm your intended date of travel.

- Passport copy of the sponsor showing current Immigration status.

- TB certificate. Any applicant over the age of 11 going to the UK for 6 months or more requires to submit an up to date TB certificate. Your TB certificate should be valid at the time of arrival in the United Kingdom. The TB certificate is only acceptable if it is issued by International Organisation for Migration (IOM), and their clinics are in Islamabad, Lahore, Karachi and Mirpur. You may wish to take an appointment by the phone number 051-111-466-472 between 08:00 to 13:00 Monday to Friday.

If you are an applicant under the age of 18, we require the following information:

1. If you intend to travel unaccompanied, we require written permission from your parent(s)/guardian that you may travel alone.
2. If you intend to travel accompanied by your parent/s, we require the accompanying adult's passport number and name in full.
3. If you intend to travel accompanied by anyone other than your parent(s)/guardian, you must provide written permission from your parent(s)/guardian that you may travel.

Yours Sincerely,
Visa Enquiries Team
Nasjam is correct. You definitely have the first paragraph missing!

siama
Newly Registered

Post by siama » Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:19 pm

nasjam i got calling letter exactly like yours my hubby submitted passport on 3oth december not heard anything yet i emailed them today see wht they reply when did you submitted passport

sajidmahmood

Post by sajidmahmood » Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:35 am

siama wrote:nasjam i got calling letter exactly like yours my hubby submitted passport on 3oth december not heard anything yet i emailed them today see wht they reply when did you submitted passport
We submitted on 15/12/2010 at VAC Islamabad. The online tracking status changed to being in Process on 05/01/2011.

Saima, Who did you sent your email to? I sent them couple of emails a week or so ago but they have not responded so I will wait for a month before i email them again.

nasjam did you get any reply? You should if you have paid the outrageous fees(Parent, grandparent and other dependant relative of a settled person Rs.235,200.00 )whooping too much!

nasjam

Post by nasjam » Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:33 am

sajidmahmood wrote:
siama wrote:nasjam i got calling letter exactly like yours my hubby submitted passport on 3oth december not heard anything yet i emailed them today see wht they reply when did you submitted passport
We submitted on 15/12/2010 at VAC Islamabad. The online tracking status changed to being in Process on 05/01/2011.

Saima, Who did you sent your email to? I sent them couple of emails a week or so ago but they have not responded so I will wait for a month before i email them again.

nasjam did you get any reply? You should if you have paid the outrageous fees(Parent, grandparent and other dependant relative of a settled person Rs.235,200.00 )whooping too much!

I have not got reply from them yet sajid ..... I think Saima you are also in our category... means you will get passport stamp but it might take a bit longer ..... however I hope and pray that you get it very soon inshallah

sajidmahmood

Post by sajidmahmood » Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:30 am

Yasmin is very lucky as she was getting quick replies.

nasjam

Post by nasjam » Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:01 pm

sajidmahmood wrote:Yasmin is very lucky as she was getting quick replies.
sajid I got reply from one of solicitor in other forum and that is what he said :(

"""Overturned means that they will issue a visa.

Reviewed means that they will review the circumstances. When an appeal is allowed a Visa Officer can review an applicant's circumstances. If circumstances have changed and the applicant no longer qualifies for the visa then they can be refused. However, if circumstances are the same or are improved then the visa should be granted. """"

What can they ask if they have to ask?? :roll:

nasjam

Post by nasjam » Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:18 pm

Here is another link sajid http://www.tribunals.gov.uk/immigration ... /FAQ12.htm

see paraghraph two .... I though everything is clear but they can still ask for more documents???

sajidmahmood

Post by sajidmahmood » Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:00 pm

nasjam wrote:
sajid I got reply from one of solicitor in other forum and that is what he said :(

"""Overturned means that they will issue a visa.

Reviewed means that they will review the circumstances. When an appeal is allowed a Visa Officer can review an applicant's circumstances. If circumstances have changed and the applicant no longer qualifies for the visa then they can be refused. However, if circumstances are the same or are improved then the visa should be granted. """"

What can they ask if they have to ask?? :roll:
This is exactly what I thought about their review process. There has been no activity on our bank account since the day appeal papers were posted. Property agreement sent to them has already expired months ago and also other documents are out of date. I think they should only look at the documents sent when application was made and nothing else. If they want to check our bank now then there is no money in the bank so we will be rejected. They should have asked us to provide any new documents because of change in circumstance i.e one can move to different address, change from personal account to business acount etcc but the embassy only have the old documents so should only look at the old documents and make sure they are genuine and correct...

I also read your posts on the UKresidents forum. You don't need to worry about how old is your brother now because I know people who were in the same position and no one was rejected due to age issue.

You have every chance of getting that vignette attached to your passports.

nasjam

Post by nasjam » Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:31 pm

I dont know sajid ... I am kindly worry but I also think inshallah everything will be okay

Shadow86
Member of Standing

Post by Shadow86 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:57 pm

Sorry 2 hear about the refusal Sammad.

Unique, that's great news. You're a day ahead of me :). The point nasjam just made (above me) is correct, there is a difference so please do let us know what it says for you in the letter.

My appeal was submitted to Loughborough and today I received a "Notice to Sponsor" from them lol.

It was just a confirmation that they have received the appeal and will be processing it kinda thing.

It reads:

"In the above appeal the appellant, {name}, has named you as the member of their family whom he/she proposes to visit.

This notice has been sent to you for information only"

Appellant is my wife, respondent is the ECO.

So I believe something similar has been issue to the ECO. In the other paper attached with the notice it says about what will happen next. So the ECO will reconsider the original decision.

So now just gotta wait for some message or call letter I suppose.

I just hope she gets the visa inshallah.

Oh btw is it me (sponsor) or my wife (appellant) who will receive a response from the ECO???? Provided she is granted the visa of course or some sort of positive outcome that indicates likelihood of visa being granted.
Spreadsheet containing useful data for Appellants and Applicants:
https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key ... y=CPqzu-0I

P.S. Above spreadsheet no longer being monitored and edited by myself.

unique012

Post by unique012 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:00 pm

I have a very important question to ask:

Why do we have to write a cover letter stating when the applicant is going to the UK? What is the reason for this?

Could someone please let me know, Thank you :-D

tasawar
- thin ice -

Post by tasawar » Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:27 pm

AOA786

Unique could you tell us what your call in letter say? does it say decision overturned or it say decision should be reviewed? Coz there is a difference

unique012

Post by unique012 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:29 pm

It says decision should be reviewed, this means that my hubby has got da visa :D

sajidmahmood

Post by sajidmahmood » Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:58 pm

unique012 wrote:It says decision should be reviewed, this means that my hubby has got da visa :D
so it took less than 25 days for them to withdrew their decison and sent out call letter. Very fast turn around in my opinion.

I still don't understand as to why most people get OVERTURNED letters and some reviwed ones but I guess most people are going to get decision reviwed letters in the future!

Shadow86
Member of Standing

Post by Shadow86 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:16 pm

unique012 wrote:It says decision should be reviewed, this means that my hubby has got da visa :D
It seems that you are missing the distinction that some of us are pointing towards.

Reviewed: The ECO will review his/her decision and THEN let you know about the outcome. This does not necessarily mean the appellant will be granted the visa.

Overturned: The refusal WILL be overturned as stated and visa granted.

In answer to Sajid's last line on why most people get overturned and some reviewed letters then I would assume the logic being that those who get overturned letters are those who have very strong grounds on which ECO is compelled to grant the visa and overturn the decision, as opposed to the reviewed letters because the grounds might not be as strong and so the ECO might require some further time to "Review" the decision.

The above logic and distinctions seem to make sense and if there is any corrections or additions then please do.

unique012

Post by unique012 » Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:14 am

I sent my documents to croydon at the start of this months and Allhamdulliah I got my call letter after 3 weeks :D

unique012

Post by unique012 » Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:16 am

Shadow 86,

I think croydon only send these letters as this is the way they write them now, and the meaning of a call letter is visa granted. If asked this and this is the response i got.

unique012

Post by unique012 » Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:17 am

Sajjad Mahmood

Thats just the way they write the letters

sajidmahmood

Post by sajidmahmood » Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:04 am

unique012 wrote:Shadow 86,

I think croydon only send these letters as this is the way they write them now, and the meaning of a call letter is visa granted. If asked this and this is the response i got.
I wish this is very true but why do overturned people get their passports stamped and returned within 10 days so there must be a difference because they are taking very long to return passports for reviwed ones.
We submitted on the 15th dec and still waiting....

Shadow86
Member of Standing

Post by Shadow86 » Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:52 pm

Well what exactly does your call letter state?

Am sure there is a distinction between reviewed and overturned.

nasjam

Post by nasjam » Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:29 pm

sajidmahmood wrote:
unique012 wrote:Shadow 86,

I wish this is very true but why do overturned people get their passports stamped and returned within 10 days so there must be a difference because they are taking very long to return passports for reviwed ones.
We submitted on the 15th dec and still waiting....

You are right Sajid,,,, there must be difference...

sajidmahmood

Post by sajidmahmood » Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:18 pm

nasjam wrote:You are right Sajid,,,, there must be difference...
nasjam have you emailed them yet? no response yet i guess!

unique012

Post by unique012 » Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:21 pm

I think it depends on where you submit your passport as some areas work faster than others due to the population, my husband went yesterday to make an apppointment to submit his passport and that man said he should recieve his passport within 15 days however sometimes it can be early or sometimes later.