ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Beige
- thin ice -

Post by Beige » Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:18 pm

Of course you got your ILR, I wasn't expecting any different. I imagine Terlen will also miraculosly receive his/her ILR.

[quote="lovecat"]Hi Beige,

I have finally got my passport with ILR back after receiving the notification letter. Yes, the letter is positive sign as you said!! Thank you so much Beige :D

Only one thing I would like to complain about UKBA now is that they used 2nd class “signed forâ€

optimist_eternal
BANNED

Post by optimist_eternal » Sun Jun 27, 2010 1:32 am

Just a co-incidence that certain members who have recently registered on this forum soon after registering on this thread then only after a few posts suddenly want to share the good news that they have received their ILRs....

What next, some new member now registering and posting on this thread claiming he/she went to the post office to post his/her ILR letter in the morning and by the time he/she went back home in the evening, he/she found a letter by the UKBA with an approved ILR? :roll:

Go on, tell us more....we (members with genuine posts on this thread) are really gullible (so would believe anything)....

optimist_eternal
BANNED

Post by optimist_eternal » Sun Jun 27, 2010 1:58 am

-

lovecat
Newly Registered

Post by lovecat » Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:26 am

Hello [b]optimist_eternal[/b],

I assume you are speaking about my posts… Firstly, I would like to apologise for having posted my question on this thread if you didn’t like them.
But please let me clear that the reason why I posted my question here was that this thread seemed to be most active in the forum and all of you were sharing some story regarding ILR under long residency.

When I received the notification letter from UKBA, I was so nervous because I didn’t know anyone having received this letter when they were given their ILR. All my friends’ passports with ILR were sent back to them without this notification letter. So I started to worry if my case might turn out as negative result. Until I received this letter, I was really optimistic because my case was totally straightforward. So I didn’t need to look and post any question therefore my registration day was the same as my first post.

Another thing I need to mention is that post office thing.

The notification letter was posted on Saturday 19th June
A packet from UKBA enclosed my passport was attempted to deliver on Wednesday 23rd June
Since then I went to a royal mail dep with “while you were out cardâ€

kiwigirl25
Member of Standing

Post by kiwigirl25 » Sun Jun 27, 2010 1:05 pm

[quote="lovecat"]

Another thing I need to mention is that post office thing.

The notification letter was posted on Saturday 19th June
A packet from UKBA enclosed my passport was attempted to deliver on Wednesday 23rd June
Since then I went to a royal mail dep with “while you were out cardâ€

lovecat
Newly Registered

Post by lovecat » Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:21 pm

kiwigirl25,

Sorting office in my area opens 7am to 6pm weekdays, 7am to 12:30 on Saturday.
To pick up letters/packets from them, I usually have to wait for 48 hours.
But sometimes I can pick them up sooner than that time line especially when they were send by special delivery.
If you says “If it took 4 days for the Postman to return your letter to the sorting office then he is holding on to mail which is illegal.â€

DEVONIAN

Re: Acknoledgement letter, Croydon

Post by DEVONIAN » Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:35 pm

I'm still waiting, just like guys who applied since last year. Looking at the list, there are still guys who applied last year and are still waiting. I've learnt to wait very, very patiently! I hope it works out fine for all.
sam_lam15 wrote:
hrushiuk wrote:Hey all, still not any good news from anyone this week huh? I just wanted to mention that my acknoledgement letter from UKBA was dated the following day of me sending in the application (02/06/2010) but it was generated in Croydon! Seems like Liverpool is the quickest in processing but is anyone else waiting from Croydon besides me? Thanks
I think all the letters are addressed as Croydon, even those who got ILR stamped in Liverpool, their acknowledgement letters are also adressed as Croydon. that is all I know, (or if there is anyone who got acknowledgement letter from Liverpool or Sheffield, please post it here to let us know. Thanks)

To Devonian and Zeddie,
have you got any news from UKBA yet? you guys posted it in April, and so far I have heard over 10 sucessful cases from various BBS, all submitted in April or early May, they all got ILR after 6-8 weeks' wait. that is why I am asking you two if there is any news yet? good luck!

To: Superstar,
have you heard any news since you last contacted UKBA? your payment went through ok? good luck

expecting to hear a lot of good news here on this board.

good luck guys, we all need it.

Sam

DEVONIAN

Post by DEVONIAN » Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:25 pm

Pardon me if this sounds like I'm being paranoid. Anyone here thinks the proposed cap on immigration (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/ ... y-cap.html ) could, if at all, impact upon those of us who have been residing here in the UK over the last 10 years and had already applied for ILR.

kiwigirl25
Member of Standing

Post by kiwigirl25 » Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:51 pm

DEVONIAN wrote:Pardon me if this sounds like I'm being paranoid. Anyone here thinks the proposed cap on immigration (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/ ... y-cap.html ) could, if at all, impact upon those of us who have been residing here in the UK over the last 10 years and had already applied for ILR.
I heard on the News that it will not apply to those already in the country. Only to new applications or even renewals. However we will know for sure tomorrow when the official announcement is made.

My personal opinion is it will be unfair to suddenly announce that all current applications are invalid and everyone is to head back to their country of birth.

powermatic

Post by powermatic » Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:30 pm

DEVONIAN wrote:Pardon me if this sounds like I'm being paranoid. Anyone here thinks the proposed cap on immigration (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/ ... y-cap.html ) could, if at all, impact upon those of us who have been residing here in the UK over the last 10 years and had already applied for ILR.
as far as I know from the past applications and from the immigration rules in general, new laws are only applicable from the date of their adoption and only apply to applications that are made from that date on. So I am 100% sure that whatever will be put in place we are totally safe and we should not stress ourselves about it - we have enough stress from long waiting time, just relax!

optimist eternal I sent a PM

sam_lam15

Post by sam_lam15 » Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:30 pm

optimist_eternal wrote:-
no need to get jealous and became a suspicious mind,
there are ways to find out the current processtime line, rates and centre used. and after doing so, you will know that these people are not messing about.

Beige
- thin ice -

Post by Beige » Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:38 pm

lovecat wrote:
I would like anyone thinking "I am a liar" to withdraw your previous remarks and apologize though.
I don't see why it matters to you whether anyone thinks you're a liar. No one knows who you really are and I really doubt that anyone cares enough to hunt you down, strap you up to a lie detector and figure out if you are a liar. If you got your ILR, go off and celebrate. The most you'll get from anyone on here is "congratulations"! However, it seems as though no one is impressed enough to congratulate you. I advise you to go and celebrate your ILR and allow the rest of us to continue to wait for ours. Maybe one day soon, we will also be able to post success stories. Goodluck with the rest of your life!

lovecat
Newly Registered

Post by lovecat » Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:30 am

Hi Beige,

This is my last post, I will not come back here as you kindly adviced me.
But may I say only one thing last?
Yes, it really mutters to me to be treated without any respect as a person even over the internet.
I believe I didn't post any harmful thing until optimist_eternal provoke me.
If people think it is OK to treat others without any thought because of the anonimity, it is a big problem.
In my opinion, people should behave in good manner over the internet even if they don't know each other in real life.

Anyway, I do appreciate that you genuinely answer to my question when I was depressed by the notification letter from UKBA.
Wish you all the best.

kiwigirl25
Member of Standing

Post by kiwigirl25 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:09 am

Right back to reality...

The Government has made the official announcement regarding immigration cuts. Below is the BBC news report to ease those minds who thought they would be impacted :D

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/10430640.stm

Beige
- thin ice -

Post by Beige » Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:49 am

RECEIVED APPLICATIONS (2010 Applicants):
london101 applied 8/01/10 received 15/04/10 WAITED FOR 13.6 weeks [7 year student + 3 years Work permit/Tier 1]
Sa applied 04/02/10 received 06/05/10 WAITED FOR 13 weeks [10 year Work permit + HSMP]
Osteophytes applied 27/04/10 recieved 08/06/10 WAITED FOR 6 weeks [7yr PFT + 2 yr WP + 1yr Tier 1]

STILL PENDING: under 10 years lawful SET(O)category

December 2009

Cloudstar applied 18/12/2009 and is still waiting now: 27.4 weeks [10 year student]

January 2010

Beige applied 11/01/2010 and is still waiting: now 24 weeks [10 Year Student]
pv applied 20/01/2010 and is still waiting: now 22.7 weeks
chiko14june applied 20/01/2010 and is still waiting: now 22.7 weeks
coolboyuk applied 22/01/10 and is still waiting: now 22.4 weeks[10 Year Student]

Febuary 2010

danny58 applied 02/02/10 and is still waiting: now 20.9 weeks [10 year student]
yeezhexiang applied 08/02/10 and is still waiting: now 20 weeks
graham834 applied 09/02/10 and is still waiting: now 19.9 weeks
ILR-2010 applied 09/02/10 and is still waiting: now 19.9 weeks[10 Year Student]
ppman applied 12/02/2010 and is still waiting: now 19.6 weeks
DA375 applied 18/02/10 and is still waiting: now 18.5 weeks
aman5 applied 25/02/10 and is still waiting: now 17.5 weeks

March 2010

Geostar2010 applied 09/03/10 and is still waiting: now 15.9 weeks [10 year STUDENT]
Powermatic applied 09/03/10 and is still waiting: now 15.9 weeks [10 year STUDENT/STUDENT dependent]
Optimist_eternal applied 10/03/10 and is still waiting: now 15.8 weeks
mala applied 29/03/2010 and is still waiting: now 13 weeks

April 2010

zeddie applied 05/04/10 and is still waiting: now 12 weeks [7 year STUDENT/ 3 year WP/Tier 1]
Devonian applied 22/04/10 and is still waiting: now 9.5 weeks

May 2010

Superstar applied 10/05/10 and is still waiting: now 7 weeks [10 year STUDENT]
sam_lam15 applied 11/05/10 and is still waiting now: 6.9 weeks
durian applied 29/05/10 and is still waiting now: 4.3 weeks [4 years student + 6 years various]

June 2010

Hrushiuk applied 01/06/2010 and is still waiting now: 3.9 weeks [6 year student/4 year WP]
Sticagus applied 07/06/2010 and is still waiting now: 3 weeks [9 year student + 1 year Tier 1 dependant]
Bilalsco applied 15/06/2010 and is still waiting now: 1.9 weeks [8 year student/2 year PSW]

aman5

Post by aman5 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:47 pm

lovecat wrote:
I believe I didn't post any harmful thing until optimist_eternal provoke me.
Without commenting on the issue per se, I would like to state to userid 'lovecat' that first of all you start by saying to 'optimist_eternal' that 'I assume you are speaking about my posts' which may necessarily not have been the case.

Secondly, userid 'optimist_eternal' has the same right to express his opinion as much as you do. So I see no reason why you first of all start with a basic assumption (and, moreover, take things so personally) and then get so hot under the collar in your each subsequent post.

'lovecat', unfortunately going by the past track record of the time taken by the UKBA in processing 10 year ILR applications makes it slightly suspect in the eyes of majority of members here who have been waiting for weeks on end when they hear such incredulous stories of a very quick results as seen in some of the posts which have been mushrooming of late on this thread (and I must say even I find a certain common pattern in some of the recent registered posts of 'miraculous success stories' that seem to be cropping up on this thread of late).

Please allow me to also add that the people in any democracy have the right to air their voice of dissent so any posts generally challenging the 'miraculous success stories' should be, perhaps, taken in the right spirit. And, again, it should not be assumed that any note of dissent is personally directed at any particular member on this thread (unless the post expressly declares so).

And if I may....please allow me to end my post with a general observation (again let me clarify this remark in not directed at anyone in particular). I would request this thread by left alone for genuine applicants and not, instead, become a place for a minuscule few behaving as spokesperson of the UKBA to indulge in a bit of subtle PR for the said agency and/or for a very few minority to post prank posts on this thread. Thanks.

terlen
Newly Registered

Post by terlen » Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:20 pm

[quote="Beige"]Of course you got your ILR, I wasn't expecting any different. I imagine Terlen will also miraculosly receive his/her ILR.

[quote="lovecat"]Hi Beige,

I have finally got my passport with ILR back after receiving the notification letter. Yes, the letter is positive sign as you said!! Thank you so much Beige :D

Only one thing I would like to complain about UKBA now is that they used 2nd class “signed forâ€
Last edited by terlen on Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Beige
- thin ice -

Post by Beige » Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:23 pm

terlen wrote: Beige, I have not being funny, I have not even received letter from UKBA to confirm they have received my application, so please do not be sily.
And to satisfy you curiosity no I have not received my ILR and doubt I will soon as solicitor told be between 3-6 Months...
I am not being silly!

terlen
Newly Registered

Post by terlen » Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:31 pm

Beige wrote:
terlen wrote: Beige, I have not being funny, I have not even received letter from UKBA to confirm they have received my application, so please do not be sily.
And to satisfy you curiosity no I have not received my ILR and doubt I will soon as solicitor told be between 3-6 Months...
I am not being silly!
Then stop, making stupied comments...
Or at least explain why exactly terlen should receive his ILR first out of all????

optimist_eternal
BANNED

Post by optimist_eternal » Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:42 pm

By posting the quote "The lady doth protest too much, methinks." - William Shakespeare (Hamlet) is all I have to say in reply to 'lovecat' comments.

As the body of evidence piles up i.e. slow pace of processing by the UKBA with days slowly turning to weeks and still no news lately on genuine ILR applications front, instead of getting their act together by quickening their pace....perhaps an alternative strategy may have been devised to plant/circulate stories of superefficiency i.e. how certain members have received their replies within 1-2 weeks of applying to the UKBA and if people start questioning the authenticity of such stories on this thread to then create artificial controversy to get this thread locked....as this thread may be read by people all over the world and so a constant reminder of the tardiness of the UKBA in processing the majority of the 10 year ILR applications.

And adding fuel to the fire/controversy is a certain member who has had previous grievances with this thread and even after being allowed to create a seperate thread perhaps still smarting because of past issues thus having a preordained agenda of getting this thread locked. On the surface the comments of this member may look innocuous enough but scrath the surface and then the real agenda of this member slowly starts unravelling....

So henceforth I will not respond to these stupendous sucess stories that have suddenly started surfacing on this thread lately as getting sucked into an argument on this issue would simply mean playing right into the hands of a few who are working very hard to get this thread locked.

I rest my case on this particular issue.
Last edited by optimist_eternal on Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

optimist_eternal
BANNED

Post by optimist_eternal » Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:54 pm

terlen wrote:
'stupied' spellings like the one above may not, perhaps, have the desired effect as intended and could make someone else not originally intended to look 'stupid' instead in this particular case. :twisted:

Just my two pence....
Last edited by optimist_eternal on Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Beige
- thin ice -

Post by Beige » Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:56 pm

Nothing needs to be explained. If you haven't figured it out by now, you never will. I prefer not to say anything more to you and I suggest you do the same. Focus on what you came on the thread for.

Beige
- thin ice -

Post by Beige » Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:59 pm

terlen wrote: Or at least explain why exactly terlen should receive his ILR first out of all????
Unless you forgot you were terlen, i don't see why you're writing in third person.

terlen
Newly Registered

Post by terlen » Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:03 pm

optimist_eternal wrote:terlen wrote:
'stupied' spellings like the one above may not, perhaps, have the desired effect as intended and could make someone else look 'stupid' in this case. :twisted:
ROFL good luck, hope you got what I meant.

Miserable so miserable, someone got ILR sooner than the other, and 2 most "intelligent" persons in forum goes nuts:)))

You do make me laugh with you jealousy and measurability.
With such a hard work you will get it closed :twisted:

terlen
Newly Registered

Post by terlen » Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:06 pm

Beige wrote:
terlen wrote: Or at least explain why exactly terlen should receive his ILR first out of all????
Unless you forgot you were terlen, i don't see why you're writing in third person.
I remember who I am , and you a just 5 year old upset kid:)))