ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rani111
Newly Registered

Post by rani111 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:03 am

my husbands case was almost imossible at the outset but we made it in short time. he spent a lot of money on excellent lawyer in pakistan. i do think it helps to do this. iv heard of so many refusals where people not willing to spend money on good legal help then refused on some technicality. he was not rich but it was worth it in end. i am sure without this lawyer advising and checking everything our case would be refused

Dene

Post by Dene » Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:27 pm

Applied = 24/11/2010
Refused = 13/12/2010
Lodged appeal/ Review = 14/12/2010
Received call letter to resubmit passport = 14/02/2011
Re submitted passport = 18/02/2011
Status: Application has been forwarded to embassy for processing
20/02/2011
Do you know what is next?

Thanks
Munna

tasawar
- thin ice -

Post by tasawar » Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:34 pm

rila wrote:salaams

im new to this and would really appreciate some help

my wife's visa has been refused twice and i have appealed twice, i have been waiting for the tribunal to get back to me however instead of that i have received a third refusal

the confusion is that this refusal is identical to the second refusal except for the date, i contacted the tribunals service and they said that i should get a letter from them for an oral hearing and not a refusal from uk border agency (islamabad)...any help will be much appreciated

jazakallah

i applied for spouse settlement visa in Lahore 01/11/2009
refused 01/02/2010
appealed 10/02/2010
appeal withdrawn 09/07/2010
re-refused 19/08/2010
appeal to be processed by 28/02/2011
AOA786

rila would you please explain your story in detail and also tell us what happend when you submitted your passport again and where you submitted and what is refusal reason this time?

Jazak Allah khair

Ali-jaan
- thin ice -

Post by Ali-jaan » Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:56 pm

shade00 wrote:Hi,
Just wanted to ask about call records for spouse visa.
My wife contacts me via "telenor" and i print her bills out via the net!
I call her via Lyca mobile and do the same from my side.
Will that be okay for the case??
Will they accept those records??
If not then what is the best way for proof of contact?
I also keep my cards and have circled the payment when i top up by my debit card. Shes has kept her cards aswel.
thank you.

I strongly recommend for proof of contact Skype calls and Emails its best for spouse visa just download
Skype Messenger from net and make ur id ask same to ur partner and start making calls to each other
when u need proof of contact just go to history option and print out the history and also take screen
print during ur calls by print screen option its so simple. i used to make calls to my wife in UK
every day hrs n hrs :lol: and i attached that proof of contact with my application
no calling cards n cell bills.

The gud thing is that its totally freeeee for more help pm me thanks.

Regards,
@li
Applied = 05/08/2010
Refused = 05/11/2010
Lodged appeal = 05/11/2010
Received notice of pending appeal = 04/12/2010
Received call letter = 09/02/2011 (decision should be reviewed)
Collected with Visa = 03/03/2011

tasawar
- thin ice -

Post by tasawar » Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:10 pm

Ali-jaan wrote:
I also keep my cards and have circled the payment when i top up by my debit card. Shes has kept her cards aswel.
thank you.

I strongly recommend for proof of contact Skype calls and Emails its best for spouse visa just download
Skype Messenger from net and make ur id ask same to ur partner and start making calls to each other
when u need proof of contact just go to history option and print out the history and also take screen
print during ur calls by print screen option its so simple. i used to make calls to my wife in UK
every day hrs n hrs :lol: and i attached that proof of contact with my application

Regards,
@li
AOA786

Ali Mubarak bohat bohat and inshallah you will get passport by tomorow hopefully so please tell us what intend date of travel you write and where u submited your passport? and tomorow when you get the passport then please dont forget to tell us the date of visa stamping on your passport.

Jazak Allah khair

rila
Newly Registered

Post by rila » Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:26 pm

Sorry, I’ll try to give u as much detail as I can Inshallah, basically my wife submitted her initial paperwork for the visa in Nov 2009 in Lahore, this was refused in Feb 2010 as the ECO did not believe we had a genuine, subsisting relationship, he was not satisfied that I could support my wife financially and that the savings I had in my account would not be available to her.

I disagreed with his points so appealed (sent appeal to the Tribunals Service) and provided further evidence. The Tribunals Service then sent me a withdrawal notice stating that the ECO had withdrawn his original decision and that my wife should take her passport to the office she had initially applied to.

My wife was then given another refusal stating that the company I worked for did not exist and that the savings I had in my account would not be available to my wife. Obviously I disagreed so appealed again and was told by the Tribunals Service that they had given the Embassy until 28 Feb 2011 to respond to them.

I had been waiting for the Tribunals service to get back to me but instead my wife got a third refusal letter in the post which is identical to the second refusal. I contacted the Tribunals service and they said that I should get a letter from them for an oral hearing and not another refusal. They suggested calling the Embassy in Pakistan as it’s probably a mistake. I have been trying on 0092512012000 but have had no luck.

The Tribunals Service are saying that I will be sent a date for an oral hearing and all I can do it wait.

Sorry for the essay

Jazakallah for any help

navalaviator
Member of Standing

Post by navalaviator » Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:37 pm

Important: Visa application fee changes on 6 April 2011.

From 6 April 2011 the visa application fees for certain visa categories will increase. These include for long term visits, settlement and some points-based system categories, including Tiers 1, 2 and 4. You should bear this in mind if you want to submit your visa application on or after 6 April 2011. For further information please see the UK Border Agency website.

http://ukvacpk.com
http://ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/siteconte ... -increases
Which is it of the favors of your lord that ye deny.

Dene

Post by Dene » Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:02 pm

Ali-jaan wrote:
thank you.

Regards,
@li
Ali bro,

Please can you help and let me know how long they gonna take more to return passport?
Applied = 24/11/2010
Refused = 13/12/2010
20/02/2011

Thanks
Munna

shahzad80
Member of Standing

Post by shahzad80 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:52 pm

Last edited by shahzad80 on Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
This is not legal advice..I am not immigration consultant or solicitor so please seek legal advice for yours immigration matters

Manno1

Post by Manno1 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:18 pm

Dene wrote:Applied = 24/11/2010
Refused = 13/12/2010
20/02/2011

Thanks
Munna
Hi congratulation for receiving the call letter. Can I ask you where did you send your notice of appeal was it Abu Dhabi or Croydon? Thank you and good luck hope you get Visa in one more week's time.

unique012

Post by unique012 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:45 pm

Salaam everyone,

I just want to ask a quick question about the stamping of the visa, I know that they stamp the visa probly a week before u get it so that means ur visa has started from the day they stamped ur passport. However, can they also stamp it and when you collect the passport, your visa starts after 2 weeks for example you got ur passport back on the 15th of feb and ur visa starts on the 28th of feb.

Is this possible? Has anyone else had this done? Please reply.

You are all in my duas, Thank you :-D

doll8288
Newly Registered

Post by doll8288 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:03 pm

Dene wrote:Applied = 24/11/2010
Refused = 13/12/2010
20/02/2011

Thanks
Munna
Hi munna , my husband also subbmited his passport on 18 feb and we havent heard from them yet. We submited in islamabad. Wgere did u submit urs

VisaAhmad10
Newly Registered

Post by VisaAhmad10 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:23 am

Just read MojoJojo's post earlier about needing a Nadra nikah nama.

Can someone confirm that applicants have to have a nadra registered certiifcate as proof of marriage?

Haven't heard of a nadra nikah nama before. My wife has an urdu nikah nama with an english translation that's been attested.

I thought this was enough?

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:59 am

VisaAhmad10 wrote:Just read MojoJojo's post earlier about needing a Nadra nikah nama.

Can someone confirm that applicants have to have a nadra registered certiifcate as proof of marriage?

Haven't heard of a nadra nikah nama before. My wife has an urdu nikah nama with an english translation that's been attested.

I thought this was enough?
This is what Pakistan law states
5. Registration of marriage.
(1) Every marriage solemnized under Muslim Law shall be registered in accordance with the provisions of this Ordinance.

(2) For the purpose of registration of marriage under this Ordinance, the Union Council shall grant licenses to one or more persons, to be called Nikah Registrars, but in no case shall more than on Nikah Registrar be licensed for any one Ward.

(3) Every marriage not solemnized by the Nikah Registrar shall, for the purpose of registration under this Ordinance be reported to him by the person who has solemnized such marriage.

(4). Whoever contravenes the provisions of such-section (3) shall be punishable with simple imprisonment for a term which may extent to three months, or with fine which may extend to one thousand rupees, or with both.

(5). The form of nikahnama, the registers to be maintained by Nikah Registrars, the records to be preserved by Union Councils, the manner in which marriage shall be registered and copies of nikhanama shall be supplied to parties, and the fees to be charged thereof, shall be such as may be prescribed.

(6) Any person may, on payment of the prescribed fee, if any, inspect at the office of the Union Council the record preserved under sub-section (5), or obtain a copy of any entry therein.
I do not know why people say they have to provide a NADRA registered marriage. The one registered at the local union council ( along with an english translated version) is all you need for your application :o

XnailaX
- thin ice -

Post by XnailaX » Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:54 am

[quote="navalaviator"][b]Important: Visa application fee changes on 6 April 2011[/b].

From 6 April 2011 the visa application fees for certain visa categories will increase. These include for long term visits, settlement and some points-based system categories, including Tiers 1, 2 and 4. You should bear this in mind if you want to submit your visa application on or after 6 April 2011. For further information please see the UK Border Agency website.

[url]http://ukvacpk.com[/url]
[url]http://ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/siteconte ... -increases[/url][/quote]

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.............MORE STRESSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ali-jaan
- thin ice -

Post by Ali-jaan » Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:22 pm

tasawar wrote: AOA786

Ali Mubarak bohat bohat and inshallah you will get passport by tomorow hopefully so please tell us what intend date of travel you write and where u submited your passport? and tomorow when you get the passport then please dont forget to tell us the date of visa stamping on your passport.

Jazak Allah khair
W.Salam dear Tasawar,

Thanks alotttt for Mubarak. u know what? i didn't wrote any intend date of travel when i re submitted my passport coz the lady behind the desk asked me did u book the ticket to go UK i smiled n said without visa how i book the ticket lolsss she also smiled and said okay thats it. so she never asked me to write the intend date of travel. :lol: and other thing i re submitted my passport in Islamabad. the date of visa stamping is 24/02/2011. :lol:

Regards,
@li
Last edited by Ali-jaan on Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Applied = 05/08/2010
Refused = 05/11/2010

Ali-jaan
- thin ice -

Post by Ali-jaan » Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:35 pm

Dene wrote: Ali bro,

Please can you help and let me know how long they gonna take more to return passport?
Applied = 24/11/2010
Refused = 13/12/2010
20/02/2011

Thanks
Munna
hi dear Munna,

Actually the average timing is 2 to 4 weeks if every thing fine in ur case. In my case they backed my passport just after 12 days in total.
i also submitted my passport on 18/02/2011 and today 03/03/2011 i collected Mashallah with Visa stamped.
just wait sum more days brother i hope u will hear very soon sumthing. thanks

Regards,
@li
Applied = 05/08/2010
Refused = 05/11/2010

shahzad80
Member of Standing

Post by shahzad80 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:58 pm

Last edited by shahzad80 on Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
This is not legal advice..I am not immigration consultant or solicitor so please seek legal advice for yours immigration matters

K44MYY

Post by K44MYY » Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:46 am

[quote="Ali-jaan"][quote="Dene"]
Ali bro,

Keep checking the website as I checked in the morning and it hadnt changed and when checked in evening it changed.

I think you should have something today :D Insha Allah
K44MYY
What ever Allah wills shall be for none has power but Allah
-------------------------------------------------------

Manno1

Post by Manno1 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:15 pm

Dear All,

I wanted if somebody could share their experience of appeal case at Abu Dhabi Embassy. I have seen that people who submitted their applications at Croydon got the response very quickly. My documents were received by them on 24/01/2011 and I have received nothing. Although when I inquired about my case through an email on 15/02/2011 they replied to my email saying that they have received my notice of appeal and they will process the appeal case now and I have to see if they review their decision or it goes to the court.

Your experience in the similar situation would help to understand their time lines. Thank you!

shahzad80
Member of Standing

Post by shahzad80 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:01 pm

Last edited by shahzad80 on Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ali-jaan
- thin ice -

Post by Ali-jaan » Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:38 am

shahzad80 wrote:Ali

On what grounds you were refused.

Shahzad

Just few points but all bullshit the main point was my wife bank statement coz i never submitted wife bank statement with application
coz that time she didn't hve saving in her a/c so i submitted my bank statement which was fair enough as my solicitor said.
but they not satisfied with my bank statement that time but finally they are Majboor to review the case
and then granted me Visa :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: coz my case was genuine n very strong.

Regards,
@li
Last edited by Ali-jaan on Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Applied = 05/08/2010
Refused = 05/11/2010

Ali-jaan
- thin ice -

Post by Ali-jaan » Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:54 am

Manno1 wrote:Dear All,

I wanted if somebody could share their experience of appeal case at Abu Dhabi Embassy. I have seen that people who submitted their applications at Croydon got the response very quickly. My documents were received by them on 24/01/2011 and I have received nothing. Although when I inquired about my case through an email on 15/02/2011 they replied to my email saying that they have received my notice of appeal and they will process the appeal case now and I have to see if they review their decision or it goes to the court.

Your experience in the similar situation would help to understand their time lines. Thank you!

Hi Manno1,

Can you tell us what type of Visa you applied. thanks

Regards,
@li
Applied = 05/08/2010
Refused = 05/11/2010

Manno1

Post by Manno1 » Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:29 am

Ali-jaan wrote:
Manno1 wrote:Dear All,

Hi Manno1,

Can you tell us what type of Visa you applied. thanks

Regards,
@li

Hi Ali I applied for Tier 1 dependent Visa.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:43 am

Please note that I am flying out on PIA flight from Manchester to Islamabad on 12th March and will be returning to Manchster on 2nd April.

I am going out to distribute the £123000 that I collected for the Pakistan flood victims ( some of which came from donations from members of this forum).

I intend to distribute the money in Punjab and Sindh after distributing over 50 lakh in Khyber area on my last visit in September.

Please make duas for me to suceed.Its a very difficult task as we intend to personally visit,assess the needs of individals and then give them the money in their own hand. that way we know teh money reaches those who desperately need it instaed of it going into the pockets of corrupt officials.

Obviusly during this period I will not be able to anwser your posts, so you have to bear with me till my return. I intend ti visit Fedexs office in Islamabad to lodge my nieces application and at the same time make inquiries about the procedure regarding the english test.

Thanks to all those who have donated in the past and recently. May Allah reward you and help you suceed with your applications.