ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

musriz
Member of Standing

Re: Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Post by musriz » Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:04 am

the_silk_route wrote:
musriz wrote:My husband received a call today from the BHC.
They have called him for an interview tomorrow morning.
I find it really strange after so long they couldnt find anything else to refuse us so will interogate him tomorrow and try to look for something in the interview.
What category did you apply under and where from, and is it the first time you are applying or have you applied and been rejected before?

Also, did they ask you to submit any extra documents previously?
Applied under Cat A from Mirpur.
It is our first application.
This is the first contact we've had from BHC since we applied in Jan. They have not asked for any documents.
Applied 17th Jan 2014
VAC Mirpur
Category A (Husband)
Called for Interview 3rd July 2014
ALHAMDHULILLAH VISA GRANTED SAME DAY
Total 117 working days

AHMED.46001

Post by AHMED.46001 » Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:14 am

yasen wrote:salaam

Plz guys n girls i need your help. Its my wifes interview tommrw at islamabad we applied under dla plz can anyone help what will they ask us. My wifes worried. we appled in jan 28
This is my wife experience which i had posted a short while back. Your wife might get slightly different questions because yours is a dla application but make sure she knows answers to these kind of questions anyway.

@ musriz might be handy for you too.

Plz share everyone because I remember I had a tough time looking for what might come up.

When my wife walked into the interview room there were 3 gentlemen. She said there was a good cop bad cop feel to the interview where 2 interviewers were nice and 1 was pestering her with questions such as why? or how? And do you trust him? Really? The interview was mainly in urdu but at one point in the interview a lady came in and asked some questions in english.

What is your husbands name?
What is his mobile and home phone number?
Where in the UK does your husband live? What is his address?
Where in Pakistan does his family live?
How many immediate family members does he have?
Who does your husband work for?
What time does he start/finish?
How much does he earn?
What hobbies does he have?
What is his favourite film? And favourite music?
How do you communicate with each other?
How often do talk on the phone?
Ok so you skype too, how long do you skype for?
What do you talk about? (Tempted to say none of your business!)
So you say it’s a love marriage when did you first meet?
How did you meet?
Are you related?
What date did you get married?
Where did you get married?
What side of the bed did your husband sleep on? (Yes what a silly question!)
How many children do you plan on having?

They said after the interview that they can’t say when the decision will be made but when it’s made Gerry's will contact her to collect her passport.
WIFE SUBMITTED: 01/08/13 (ISL)
INTERVIEW: 13/05/14
RFC: 21/05/14
DATE REJECTED: 28/04/14 (hmm.. Makes sense)
APPEALED: 29/05/14
DEADLINE: 04/11/14
HEARING: 8/01/15
APPEAL GRANTED: 20/01/15

the_silk_route

Post by the_silk_route » Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:31 am

musriz wrote:
the_silk_route wrote:
I find it really strange after so long they couldnt find anything else to refuse us so will interogate him tomorrow and try to look for something in the interview.
What category did you apply under and where from, and is it the first time you are applying or have you applied and been rejected before?

Also, did they ask you to submit any extra documents previously?
Applied under Cat A from Mirpur.
It is our first application.
This is the first contact we've had from BHC since we applied in Jan. They have not asked for any documents.
Seems rather strange in that case!

Regarding your application, I've heard that they pull a lot of cases on subsisting marriage issues.
I would suspect it's their way of trying to pull you on subsisting marriage grounds, by trying to question your husband to see if he slips up any of his answers, thus questioning the contact/relationship.

How many wedding pictures did you submit with your application, what sort of phone call logs/dating back how long, did you send money receipts, and after marriage did you visit your husband, and did you submit the tickets for travel?

Also, did you submit any post marriage pictures showing you together?

We've also recently submitted an application on the 24th of June @ Mirpur, but I made sure the evidence regarding our contact/subsisting marriage was strong.

musriz
Member of Standing

Post by musriz » Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:03 pm

the silk route - we submitted 3 months of daily skype calls. This was before the wedding. While we were engaged. We would speak for many hours daily so I had abt 50 pages of skype logs covering abt 3 months.
Telephone bills -
Emails discussing our marriage proposal , compatibility, engagement, marriage plans, future plans etc
Emails were between us both covering 3 months and also between my husband and my father.
Cards and gifts during the engagement.
We sent pictures of us together at Islamabad Airport on the day I arrived in Pakistan. This was to prove we met before the wedding
We sent 15-20 pics of the wedding. Pics of us both together and then family group pics.
We travelled to Lahore/Murree after the wedding so submitted post wedding pics showing the ' honeymoon period ' ( as these goray call it )
I stayed in Pak for one month, 3 weeks after the wedding.
Personally I think they may have called my husband for an interview bcoz he works in the police force. There is a section on the application form where they specifically ask if you work for the armed forces, police, security etc
Applied 17th Jan 2014
VAC Mirpur
Category A (Husband)
Total 117 working days

musriz
Member of Standing

Post by musriz » Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:20 pm

Ahmed - thankyou !! In your case it is still very puzzling why they called your wife for an interview when they had already made a decision of refusal
Applied 17th Jan 2014
VAC Mirpur
Category A (Husband)
Total 117 working days

HELLO786
Member of Standing

Post by HELLO786 » Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:50 pm

Hey regarding the online application

How do we sign the declaration be4 the payment part?
I just wrote my husbnds name because i couldnt print it ?

And 2ndly the application didnt print out it said 'we are experiencing high demand it will take 60 minutes to print'
Is that normal?

Thnx anyone!
Applied online 15/9/15
Biometrics mirpur 17/9/15
Documents confirmation November

Beena

Post by Beena » Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:21 pm

Salaam

I hope ramdan is going well iA..

Any RFCs today?

I heard theres been alot of visas issues today?

A family friends wife was invited to an interview today after 8 n half months of applying, and they gave the passport straight away after the interview with the visa.. she said apparently just over 80 visas were given out today alhumdulillah!!

They applied in october
Appealed-29/09/15
Deadline-10/02/16
review unsuccesful
Hearing-30/11/16

Decision withdrawn before hearing

HOPO notice-17/11/16
Judge's notice-24/11/16
Call in letter/IHS paid-1/12/16
Pp submitted-9/12/16

Collected-15/12/16 Alhamdulillah

woolies

Post by woolies » Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:25 pm

Hi,

Likewise my Mrs received call from BHC today number was (0512012000), request her to come for an interview at 9 am, well in her case she is in karachi so she will go to gerrys office..they said they want to verify some documents and go through brief interview. :roll:

Anyone experienced this before.

phaara
Member of Standing

Post by phaara » Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:37 pm

woolies i'm also from karachi i applied on 31.1.14
IA your wife wil get visa straight away after interviw tmorow
Can u tell pls When did your wife submitted application??
online app 29/1/2014
Biometric 31/1/2014
Forwarded to Isb OC on 3/2/2014
RFC 2/10/2014

zeeh
Member of Standing

Post by zeeh » Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:49 pm

Good to hear interviews starting which make sence,people's with fake english language certificate have made life harder for others.it's mean your every thing is ok they just want to confirm your relationship,documents most important you not terrorist lol.
May the blessings of Allah fill your life with happiness and open all the doors of success now and always.

Zazam

Post by Zazam » Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:33 pm

zeeh wrote:Good to hear interviews starting which make sence,people's with bad quality english language certificate have made life harder for others.it's mean your every thing is ok they just want to confirm your relationship,documents most important you not terrorist lol.
Zeeh

Hi zeeh you still waitingggggg.....
... Rubbish

phaara
Member of Standing

Post by phaara » Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:58 pm

Good wishes for those brothr n sister who got interview call..
online app 29/1/2014
Biometric 31/1/2014
Forwarded to Isb OC on 3/2/2014
RFC 2/10/2014

Safikazmi12

Post by Safikazmi12 » Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:02 pm

Dear Members,
One of my friend today got visa frm BHC. He applied in September 25 2013. Day before yesterday someone from BHC called him for interview today morning he went for interview they asked him questions about english certificate and others documents like his wife work place and relatives details. And asked him to wait for 2 hours the. They handed over his documents and visa was granted. He told today 60 peoples was there for interview and all of them got their visas.
MY TIMELINE:
APPLICATION DATE: 20 JANUARY 2014 (ISLAMABAD)
RFC: Visa Granted on 23-09-2014

Xiko

Post by Xiko » Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:20 pm

Safikazmi12 wrote:Dear Members,
One of my friend today got visa frm BHC. He applied in September 25 2013. Day before yesterday someone from BHC called him for interview today morning he went for interview they asked him questions about english certificate and others documents like his wife work place and relatives details. And asked him to wait for 2 hours the. They handed over his documents and visa was granted. He told today 60 peoples was there for interview and all of them got their visas.
pls kindly tell me where did he apply from and was the interview at BHC islamabad or gerry's office

prayforus
Member of Standing

Post by prayforus » Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:23 pm

Seems good that people are getting their visa's. Even if it means they are having to interview before hand. That is strange though, as it doesn't mention anything about an interview (well not anywhere I have read about the process). Even UKVI say that Gerrys' will normally contact once documents are ready for collection, that's it.

zeeh
Member of Standing

Post by zeeh » Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:11 pm

Zazam wrote:
zeeh wrote:Good to hear interviews starting which make sence,people's with bad quality english language certificate have made life harder for others.it's mean your every thing is ok they just want to confirm your relationship,documents most important you not terrorist lol.
Zeeh

Hi zeeh you still waitingggggg.....
Yes waiting forever...........
May the blessings of Allah fill your life with happiness and open all the doors of success now and always.

musriz
Member of Standing

Post by musriz » Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:38 pm

Somebody else has quoted something similar above.
I hope this is the case as my husband has been called for an interview tmrw.
Plz I request everyone here to make dua for us and I am continuing making dua for you all.
Applied 17th Jan 2014
VAC Mirpur
Category A (Husband)
Total 117 working days

zeeh
Member of Standing

Post by zeeh » Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:41 pm

musriz wrote:
Somebody else has quoted something similar above.
I hope this is the case as my husband has been called for an interview tmrw.
Plz I request everyone here to make dua for us and I am continuing making dua for you all.
musriz what English certificate your hubby holds?

saf786
Member of Standing

Post by saf786 » Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:43 pm

Has anybody who is on hold heard anything from the home office ever since they've been told that they are on hold ? Also how long are we supposed to wait ? Does anybody know ? I don't think they have noticed but this is actually our live they have put on 'hold'

musriz
Member of Standing

Post by musriz » Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:46 pm

Zeeh - he took the A1 English test via NTS.
Also has a BA Hons in History. He is fluent in english.
Applied 17th Jan 2014
VAC Mirpur
Category A (Husband)
Total 117 working days

musriz
Member of Standing

Post by musriz » Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:49 pm

saf786 wrote:Has anybody who is on hold heard anything from the home office ever since they've been told that they are on hold ? Also how long are we supposed to wait ? Does anybody know ? I don't think they have noticed but this is actually our live they have put on 'hold'
Saf there is an organisation campaigning against these immigration rules. They are a group of barristers/solicitors called Britcits. They have emailed all the members on their website that some inside information that has been leaked states an announcement is going to be made very soon.
I make lots of dua for u Saf and everyone on this forum and all those who are far from there spouses. In Shaa Allah in this blessed month Allah will have mercy on us all.
Applied 17th Jan 2014
VAC Mirpur
Category A (Husband)
Total 117 working days

saf786
Member of Standing

Post by saf786 » Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:53 pm

musriz wrote:
saf786 wrote:Has anybody who is on hold heard anything from the home office ever since they've been told that they are on hold ? Also how long are we supposed to wait ? Does anybody know ? I don't think they have noticed but this is actually our live they have put on 'hold'
Saf there is an organisation campaigning against these immigration rules. They are a group of barristers/solicitors called Britcits. They have emailed all the members on their website that some inside information that has been leaked states an announcement is going to be made very soon.
Thanks musriz for replying .. InshaAllah I really hope so ... I've read people saying we won't get nothing until next year elections.. I'm thinking really !? They can hold peoples lives for that long ? Then I hear some people say it will b very soon .. I'm soo baffled .. I would rather be refused if that's the bottom line instead of all this wait

zeeh
Member of Standing

Post by zeeh » Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:02 pm

musriz wrote:Zeeh - he took the A1 English test via NTS.
well it seems to be issue of English certificate of TOEIC - ETS. don't worry its just to confirm English certificate is genuine. its all coming from Student visa system fraud exposed in BBC investigation.google it and watch video its shocking. NTS were providing TOEIC certificates.

AMRKHN

Post by AMRKHN » Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:08 pm

Slaam all,

Good to see lots of people are getting reply via interviews , although interviews do sound kinda scary asking all them questions, I mean come on how is your wife ment to remember your mobile phone number, I can barely remember my own.

However I useually be soo depressed all day at work but coming back and seeing a lot of happy people with positive replys makes me happy, In'Shaa'Allah we all will get our visas asap,

Good luck all and remember not just me but all of us In your duas :)

musriz
Member of Standing

Post by musriz » Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:20 pm

zeeh wrote:
musriz wrote:Zeeh - he took the A1 English test via NTS.
well it seems to be issue of English certificate of TOEIC - ETS. don't worry its just to confirm English certificate is genuine. its all coming from Student visa system fraud exposed in BBC investigation.google it and watch video its shocking. NTS were providing TOEIC certificates.
ETS license was suspended after that BBC investigation.
NTS is ok as they are Pakistans National Testing service so I think his certificate will be okay and when they speak to him they will know he is fluent in english.

Some earlier posts have stated upto 60 visa's were granted today after interviews. Its seems like they are clearing their backlog.
So I think everyone is going to be called for an interview very soon.
Applied 17th Jan 2014
VAC Mirpur
Category A (Husband)
Total 117 working days