ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rehan78
Newly Registered

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by rehan78 » Sat Jan 25, 2014 3:04 pm

5 years student
2 years psw
3 years tier 1

Oh yes finally stress time finish :lol:

esmsi

Post by esmsi » Sat Jan 25, 2014 4:23 pm

Good Luck
rehan78 wrote:Thankx GOD i got my visa today

application sent : 10 sept 2013
Ack letter : 16 sept 2013
Bio invitation : 08 oct 2013
biometric done : 12 oct 2013
Approval letter : 25 jan 2014

Best of luck everyone

amit1009
Newly Registered

Post by amit1009 » Sat Jan 25, 2014 4:57 pm

Best of luck everyone
Congrats!
I applied on the same day, so fingers crossed!!!!

meb4ne1
United Kingdom

Post by meb4ne1 » Sat Jan 25, 2014 5:18 pm

Congrats buddy... Whats the date on the approval letter?

Best of luck everyone

rehan78
Newly Registered

Post by rehan78 » Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:34 pm

23rd jan is approval date

mskhan78

Post by mskhan78 » Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:41 pm

Hi Everyone I am applying for 10 years Residency basis next month. I have a quick question.
Does it make a difference if i lodge my application through solicitor. If yes Can someone please direct me to
a good solicitor???

Many Thanks

fahmeeda52
Newly Registered

Post by fahmeeda52 » Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:45 pm

mskhan78 wrote:Hi Everyone I am applying for 10 years Residency basis next month. I have a quick question.
Does it make a difference if i lodge my application through solicitor. If yes Can someone please direct me to
a good solicitor???

Hi
It's depend in your case, if your case is straight then you don't need a solicitor. But it is more recommendabepble you go through by solicistor. For solicisitor check around in ur area.
Cheers
Best of luck
Many Thanks

MrA2Z
Pakistan

Post by MrA2Z » Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:47 pm

Congrats buddy

Best of luck everyone

mskhan78

Post by mskhan78 » Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:48 pm

fahmeeda52 wrote:
mskhan78 wrote:Hi Everyone I am applying for 10 years Residency basis next month. I have a quick question.
a good solicitor???

Hi
It's depend in your case, if your case is straight then you don't need a solicitor. But it is more recommendabepble you go through by solicistor. For solicisitor check around in ur area.
Cheers
Best of luck
Many Thanks
Many Thanks for reply I have quite a few Solicitors confused between them was just wondering if someone can recommend some trusted and proved competent solicitor.

Thanks anyway

MrA2Z
Pakistan

Post by MrA2Z » Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:10 pm

If you are in Birmingham then I can give you contact number of a solicitor.
mskhan78 wrote:
fahmeeda52 wrote:
a good solicitor???

Hi
Cheers
Best of luck
Many Thanks
Many Thanks for reply I have quite a few Solicitors confused between them was just wondering if someone can recommend some trusted and proved competent solicitor.

Thanks anyway

khani

Post by khani » Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:32 pm

After exploring different forums, talking to various solicitors, I come to the following conclusion for ILR application under 3c, 3d of immigration laws.

1. According to law , you can only make an application under 3c , 3d to HO for the new ground to be considered in pending appeal.

2. If you wish to withdraw your appeal, and make a fresh application there is no provision of law for this, but some solicitors advise that you make and withdraw the appeal the same day.

3. If you withdraw your appeal, and then you send a fresh application for ILR, your all previous time become illegal stay until the last judgment. for example, if you withdraw your application now and have received your judgment was in Oct, your period from oct to now will be considered illgal. 3c,3d only provides the cover until the last judgement in case you withdraw appeal.

4. If you dont have removal order and have the right to apply fresh in another category after you appeal rights exhaust, you can make apply for ILR after the last decision within 28 days. I am not sure about this since some solicitor say you cannot apply, your case has to be in progress , some say you can.

Any comments, if anyone have more info.

Thanks in advance

emran habib
Newly Registered

Post by emran habib » Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:32 pm

Hi !
Could you please post my detail on the sky drive?
ILR Application (0n the basis of continuous lawful residence in the UK): 22.10.2013
Acknowledgement letter: 23.10.2013
Biomtric Letter: 03.12.2013 (letter posted by UKBA on 28.11.2013)
Biometric Enrolled: 03.12.2013
Approval Letter: waiting
BRP : waiting.

I will be so glad if you put my detail on the sky drive. Thanks a lot in advance...

Spatacus
Member of Standing

Post by Spatacus » Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:44 am

a good solicitor???

Many Thanks
Hello mskhan78,
As far as i know i do not think it makes any difference, the only difference is that you will have to pay a solicitors fee. As long as you have legally completed your 10 years, and there is no problems with your previous applications with HO, you can submit your 10 years application of ILR by yourself without a solicitor. ^^^^my own advise^^^^Other forum users can advise as well.

Hope this helps.
Appl sent: 29-08-2014
Acknow received: 07-09-2014
Bio received: 23-09-2014
Bio recorded: 23-09-2014
Approval date: 31-12-2014
Approval received : 05-01-2015

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... view?pli=1#

Spatacus
Member of Standing

Post by Spatacus » Sun Jan 26, 2014 2:29 am

afridi786 wrote:
zubimcs wrote:I have received my ILR approval letter with other documents on monday 20th-Jan but have not received BRP yet. I was expecting it to be arrived by now. Does any know why if it takes so long. I am anxious because i have already booked a NCP appointment for my son who was burn in UK & is 12 months old now.

Congrast Mate when did you apply ?
you dont need BRP for your son's application. you only need the approval letter. Congratulations on your ILR

Spatacus
Member of Standing

Post by Spatacus » Sun Jan 26, 2014 2:33 am

HowILR wrote:Can you pls update my details to sky drive:

Application sent: 03/01/2014
Acknowledgement letter sent: 07/01/2014
Acknowledgement letter received: 10/01/2014
Bio received : 23/01/2014
Bio done: 23/01/204

Now start waiting....

Straight forward application 5 years student + 2 years psw + 3 years Hsmp..
Hello HowILR,
please read below to answer your private email you sent me.

Postby SSWSZ » Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:52 am

I guess you are taking about me here is the mail from HO

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your email, I apologise for the delay in responding.

1. If a person has been granted ILR on the basis of 10 years long residence, their spouse can no longer be considered as a PBS dependant, and they must apply for an extension of stay as the partner of a settled person on application form FLR(M). A person here as a PBS dependant would not be able to meet the settlement requirements of the spouse rules if they were to apply directly, without first applying for limited leave to remain on form FLR(M).

2. As long as the spouse was granted leave to enter or remain as the dependant of a PBS migrant prior to 9 July 2012, then the spouse can be considered under the transitional Part 8 rules for further leave to remain as the spouse of a settled person under Paragraph 284. These Part 8 rules do not include the Financial Requirements (including earnings over £18,600) you have mentioned, however they do require an applicant to be adequately maintained and accommodated without recourse to public funds. Further information on this is available on our website at the following address: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

3. A spouse can combine any leave as a PBS dependant with leave as the partner of a settled person granted under Part 8, to meet the qualifying period under paragraph 287 of the Immigration Rules, which is 2 years. They will need to satisfy all the requirements of these rules, including the English language requirement. Further information on this is available on our website at the following address:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/polic ... ansitional provisions and http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... uage-life/.

4. A spouse meeting the above requirements can consequently apply for settlement at any point after they have competed 2 years in a combination of these 2 categories (PBS dependant and spouse of a settled person).

I trust this clarifies the situation.

Kind Regards,

Karen.

Karen Joynt | Family Migration Operational Policy | Immigration and Border Policy Directorate | Home Offic

mskhan78

Post by mskhan78 » Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:00 am

Hi Everyone
I am going to apply for ILR (LT) next month. I have my wife and two kids as dependents. One of my son is born here in UK (age 6 Months) . My question is ''do i need to include both kids in my wife FLR (M) application and pay £1011 and £433 or its just my wife and my son born in Pakistan?. As if UK born baby can be registered as a British citizen once i get my ILR. It seems a waste of money if i pay £433 for him in my wife's FLR (M) application? .Also what is the Maintenance requirement in this case?#

One more thing to ask I have all the passports from last 10 years , My latest BRP and Copies of all BRP Cards except one as I guess
I had returned it to HOME OFFICE without making a photocopy when i applied to renew my visa . Do i need to worry about it or what else can be done to show that period of time.

Can someone advise me please

emran habib
Newly Registered

Post by emran habib » Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:00 am

Hi !
Can you please update my detail on sky drive?
ILR Application : 22.10.2013 (on the basis of continuous lawful residence in the UK)
Acknowledgement letter: 23.10.2013
Biomtric Letter: 03.12.2013 (letter posted by UKBA on 28.11.2013)
Biometric Enrolled: 03.12.2013
Approval Letter: waiting
BRP : waiting.

I will be so glad if you please update my detail on sky drive. Thanks a lot in advance...

emran habib
Newly Registered

Post by emran habib » Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:14 am

Dear Readers!
Whoever made an in time appeal and is on 3C an 3D leave but want to withdraw their existing appeal; here's the answer for you:

The fact that you have withdrawn your appeal is not a problem provided that you submit your application for ILR based on long residence within the 28 day period.

Giving notice of appeal and then submitting a new application after withdrawing the appeal is fairly common.

If you consider that your application for long residence has a better chance of getting an approval than your appeal (for whatever reason) then this was the correct thing to do.

You should focus on getting the ILR application drafted correctly and ensuring that you gather all the necessary supporting evidence that you will need to submit with it. The key is not making a mistake in the drafting of the application and ensuring that you do not miss out any documentation. Make a list of your documents early. Collect and collate them. Revisit the draft list and consider any further documents that might improve it. Add them as necessary.

The facts you have state (no convictions, time inside UK) are consistent with an eligible application for ILR so the application will certainly be considered.

If the application is refused then you will be free to appeal it, or submit a further application for another category or visa, or a revised application for ILR correcting any omissions/errors that are made in the first application for ILR...

I hope, this clarifies...

mskhan78

Post by mskhan78 » Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:16 am

Hi Everyone
I am going to apply for ILR (LT) next month. I have my wife and two kids as dependents. One of my son is born here in UK (age 6 Months) . My question is ''do i need to include both kids in my wife FLR (M) application and pay £1011 and £433 or its just my wife and my son born in Pakistan?. As if UK born baby can be registered as a British citizen once i get my ILR. It seems a waste of money if i pay £433 for him in my wife's FLR (M) application? .Also what is the Maintenance requirement in this case?#

One more thing to ask I have all the passports from last 10 years , My latest BRP and Copies of all BRP Cards except one as I guess
I had returned it to HOME OFFICE without making a photocopy when i applied to renew my visa . Do i need to worry about it or what else can be done to show that period of time.

rehan78
Newly Registered

spouse visa

Post by rehan78 » Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:45 am

Hi gurus and senior members,

1. I got ILR (long residency) yesterday, and my wife has tier 1 dependent visa (expiry march 2015) and she joined me in July 2009 as psw dependent,my question is can i apply directly ilr for her or go with flr (m) first ?
2. If she apply flr(m), does she need English test or liuk test or these tests is for ILR only ?
3. do i need some financial requirements for flr(m) ?
4. do we need some cohabitation documents for flr (m) ? :roll:

Thankx in advance gurus

Rehan78
Last edited by rehan78 on Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SSWSZ
Member of Standing

Re: spouse visa

Post by SSWSZ » Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:28 pm

I think you should check your question again because you are mixing flr(m) and set(M).
set(M) is ilr for dependent and it requires both life in uk and English test but flr(M) is further leave to remain and it require english proof .

rehan78 wrote:Hi gurus and senior members,

1. I got ILR (long residency) yesterday, and my wife has tier 1 dependent visa (expiry march 2015) and she joined me in July 2009 as psw dependent,my question is can i apply directly ilr for her or go with set (m) first ?
2. If she apply set(m), does she need English test or liuk test or these tests is for ILR only ?
3. do i need some financial requirements for set(m) ?
4. do we need some cohabitation documents for set (m) ? :roll:

Thankx in advance gurus

Rehan78
ss

rehan78
Newly Registered

Post by rehan78 » Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:42 pm

Thankx SSWSZ

u right i mixed it so anyways my wife need flr (m)

GMHAMARF
Newly Registered

Post by GMHAMARF » Sun Jan 26, 2014 2:02 pm

emran habib wrote:Dear Readers!
Whoever made an in time appeal and is on 3C an 3D leave but want to withdraw their existing appeal; here's the answer for you:

The fact that you have withdrawn your appeal is not a problem provided that you submit your application for ILR based on long residence within the 28 day period.

Giving notice of appeal and then submitting a new application after withdrawing the appeal is fairly common.

If you consider that your application for long residence has a better chance of getting an approval than your appeal (for whatever reason) then this was the correct thing to do.

You should focus on getting the ILR application drafted correctly and ensuring that you gather all the necessary supporting evidence that you will need to submit with it. The key is not making a mistake in the drafting of the application and ensuring that you do not miss out any documentation. Make a list of your documents early. Collect and collate them. Revisit the draft list and consider any further documents that might improve it. Add them as necessary.

The facts you have state (no convictions, time inside UK) are consistent with an eligible application for ILR so the application will certainly be considered.

If the application is refused then you will be free to appeal it, or submit a further application for another category or visa, or a revised application for ILR correcting any omissions/errors that are made in the first application for ILR...

What happens next once you get right to appeal in 1st Tribunal?

Mustakim
Newly Registered

Post by Mustakim » Sun Jan 26, 2014 3:51 pm

Hi MSKhan

If you are not leaving the country then you dont need to worry about the son born here in uk. You can also include him in ur wife's FLR(M). If u want to save £433 then you can wait until u get ur ILR as long as u are not leaving tge country.

Regarding your BRP, u dont have to worry about it as ukba have all your records of when you entered in uk n when you had your extentions. All you have to send is your passports n life in uk. You can put additional documents if you want.

I hope tgis will answer your questions.

Hood luck with your application.

Mustakim

Hi Everyone

khani

Post by khani » Sun Jan 26, 2014 4:29 pm

emran habib wrote:Dear Readers!

Once you withdraw your application, your 3c, 3d period until the last judgment becomes illegal, e.g, if you had a judgement from UT in Sep and have appealed against the decision in COA and still waiting and decided to withdraw your appeal, the period from September till the withdrawal will not be covered under 3d. This is what I was told by many solicitors. that's they withdraw and apply the same time to avoid the gap, I guess.

anyone know better please comments and guide ???

thanks