ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Shadow86
Member of Standing

Post by Shadow86 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:53 am

XnailaX, you applied for spouse visa? What's your situation in regards to the application process if you have applied.

The spreadsheet was last updated 39 days ago. Looks like Minty is gone and perhaps so is the other guy.

Who is Shaf2020???

Unless Shaf is still with us then that leaves me as the person who can update the spreadsheet, so if anyone has any updates they would like me to add to the spreadsheet then please let me know.
Spreadsheet containing useful data for Appellants and Applicants:
https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key ... y=CPqzu-0I

P.S. Above spreadsheet no longer being monitored and edited by myself.

coolgeeser
Newly Registered

query

Post by coolgeeser » Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:42 pm

Hi all,

I have been following this thread on and off for the last few months but never posted.

I had a general enquiry and would be grateful if someone could answer this question

A bit of my basic details

Nationality - british
permanent full time job with a reputable company for last 5 months - pay 36.5K
application - spouse settlement visa
rented accomodation of 5/6 bedrooms (shared)

my query is regarding the end balance on my bank statements for March and Feb. Basically there is not much balance left because of wedding in Feb this year. although you can see the pay coming in and going out as well. I have now deposited 1000 pounds because I had a loan paid back to me. so the balance is around 980 pounds.
Also I have my saving statement from Jun2010 till Dec2010 showing a balance of 3500. but after this its 0 balance

Am I likely to have any problems due to very low end balance in whole of feb and begining of Mar 2011.

Many thanks

coolgeeser
Newly Registered

Re: query

Post by coolgeeser » Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:52 pm

Probably should mention that we are applying at VAC lahore

thank you in advance
coolgeeser wrote:Hi all,

I have been following this thread on and off for the last few months but never posted.

I had a general enquiry and would be grateful if someone could answer this question

Nationality - british

my query is regarding the end balance on my bank statements for March and Feb. Basically there is not much balance left because of wedding in Feb this year. although you can see the pay coming in and going out as well. I have now deposited 1000 pounds because I had a loan paid back to me. so the balance is around 980 pounds.
Also I have my saving statement from Jun2010 till Dec2010 showing a balance of 3500. but after this its 0 balance

Am I likely to have any problems due to very low end balance in whole of feb and begining of Mar 2011.

Many thanks

anaya786
Newly Registered

Post by anaya786 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:42 pm

@XnailaX cud u plz chek ur pm....sorry 4 late reply....

s.razvi
Newly Registered

Post by s.razvi » Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:57 pm

Shadow86 wrote:So the post Oct 25 rush has worn off now eh?

So now applications are going back to Pre Oct 25 style? As in slow processing time???

Lucky for those applicants who applied prior to the christmas holidays then.
err are you saying that now it can take more than twelve weeks cuz of slow processing? how quick were they in issuing settlement visas previously?
plus does husband being a british nationals helps in quickening the process?

MojoJojo

Asa!

Post by MojoJojo » Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:58 pm

Hi All!

So I finally applied on the 14th of March and now the waiting starts!
I was surprised that they have increased the visa fee to Rs106,500 from 4th March! and from 6th April its going to be Rs115020!...so hurry up all those who are yet to apply!

Enigmatic
Newly Registered

Post by Enigmatic » Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:01 pm

AoA everyone ..

First post here. Been a silent reader for a long time. And honestly I just posted here to thank all of you for a tremendous help all of you have been.

I got my settlement visa granted today ALHAMDULLILAH. :) it took 10 weeks in total :)

My timeline has been as follows:

Application submitted at VAC Lahore: 30/12/10
Application under process at BHC: 13/1/11
Passport ready for collection: 14/3/11
Visa stamped: 8/3/11

My husband's employer was not contacted neither any of us were contacted.

I can't thank Allah enough for all HIS blessings. :D

Am praying for everybody around currently waiting for their visas. may Allah grant your visas as soon as possible (Ameen)

If any of you need any help regarding the visa application and documents submitted you can always message me. I'd IA be there to help you all.

Regards and best wishes :)

Shadow86
Member of Standing

Post by Shadow86 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:45 pm

s.razvi wrote:err are you saying that now it can take more than twelve weeks cuz of slow processing? how quick were they in issuing settlement visas previously?
plus does husband being a british nationals helps in quickening the process?
Well that's what Ali-jaan is saying that it's taking 12 weeks nowadays.

Before Oct 25 2010, the trend was between 10 - 16 weeks. After 25 Oct trend went to anything between 5 - 10 weeks.

So now it seems the trend is back into Pre 25 Oct 2010 status and that blows considering the price for the visa application is gone up.

Husband being a British National doesn't do anything with the process, they're not biased like that.

I am SURE that if they increased their damn speed then you all would be more than happy to pay more than the current amount. Heck, they should have a VIP service whereby people who pay more will have their application processed faster just so that the price increment doesn't affect everyone. Miserable clowns just keep increasing the price and continue on with their lazy self.

Shoaib82
Newly Registered

Post by Shoaib82 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:47 am

Hi All,
My wife just applied for settlement visa from Lahore last week. Although she did take photocopies of all the original documents the clowns at gerrys didn't take the set of photocopies from my wife and advised her they were not needed, infact my wife informed me that they were not taking photocopies from anyone and only taking original documents.

I am therefore very confused and stressed coz of all that and anyone think they might refuse the application because of that?

Enigmatic
Newly Registered

Post by Enigmatic » Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:15 am

Shoaib82 wrote:Hi All,
My wife just applied for settlement visa from Lahore last week. Although she did take photocopies of all the original documents the clowns at gerrys didn't take the set of photocopies from my wife and advised her they were not needed, infact my wife informed me that they were not taking photocopies from anyone and only taking original documents.

I am therefore very confused and stressed coz of all that and anyone think they might refuse the application because of that?
You need not worry about this at all. As they have changed the policy and they do not require any photocopies, only the oirginals. I too took an entire set of photocopies but they only took the originals. The reason being that from 27th Oct onwards, settlement visas as decided in Islamabad at the BHC. So I guess they do not need photocopies :)

Ali-jaan
- thin ice -

Post by Ali-jaan » Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:39 am

Enigmatic wrote:AoA everyone ..

First post here. Been a silent reader for a long time. And honestly I just posted here to thank all of you for a tremendous help all of you have been.

I got my settlement visa granted today ALHAMDULLILAH. :) it took 10 weeks in total :)

My timeline has been as follows:

Application submitted at VAC Lahore: 30/12/10
Application under process at BHC: 13/1/11
Passport ready for collection: 14/3/11
Visa stamped: 8/3/11

My husband's employer was not contacted neither any of us were contacted.

I can't thank Allah enough for all HIS blessings. :D

Am praying for everybody around currently waiting for their visas. may Allah grant your visas as soon as possible (Ameen)

If any of you need any help regarding the visa application and documents submitted you can always message me. I'd IA be there to help you all.

Regards and best wishes :)
Congratulations ~

You must be very happy :lol:

Good luck for the future ~

Regards,
@li
Applied = 05/08/2010
Refused = 05/11/2010
Lodged appeal = 05/11/2010
Received notice of pending appeal = 04/12/2010
Received call letter = 09/02/2011 (decision should be reviewed)
Re submitted passport = 18/02/2011
Collected with Visa = 03/03/2011

Ali-jaan
- thin ice -

Re: Asa!

Post by Ali-jaan » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:18 am

MojoJojo wrote:Hi All!

So I finally applied on the 14th of March and now the waiting starts!
I was surprised that they have increased the visa fee to Rs106,500 from 4th March! and from 6th April its going to be Rs115020!...so hurry up all those who are yet to apply!
Gud news ~ Mojo

I wish you all the best with your Visa and pray that you will be granted it very soon Inshallah ~

Regards,
@li
Applied = 05/08/2010
Refused = 05/11/2010
Lodged appeal = 05/11/2010
Received notice of pending appeal = 04/12/2010
Received call letter = 09/02/2011 (decision should be reviewed)
Re submitted passport = 18/02/2011
Collected with Visa = 03/03/2011

XnailaX
- thin ice -

Post by XnailaX » Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:15 am

[quote="Shadow86"]XnailaX, you applied for spouse visa? What's your situation in regards to the application process if you have applied.

The spreadsheet was last updated 39 days ago. Looks like Minty is gone and perhaps so is the other guy.

Who is Shaf2020???

Unless Shaf is still with us then that leaves me as the person who can update the spreadsheet, so if anyone has any updates they would like me to add to the spreadsheet then pleanah man..i wish i havent app;ieod se let me know.[/quote]

nah man..i wish..i jus wanted to look at when every body was..im nosey lol...

Inshallah when i do giv case in..i will let u kno...in a few months tym tho
:(...i need ajob...BRADFORD??...any1 ???lol

anaya..thankyou for ur reply sis...;)

XnailaX
- thin ice -

Post by XnailaX » Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:15 am

[quote="Enigmatic"][quote="Shoaib82"]Hi All,

I am therefore very confused and stressed coz of all that and anyone think they might refuse the application because of that?[/quote]

You need not worry about this at all. As they have changed the policy and they do not require any photocopies, only the oirginals. I too took an entire set of photocopies but they only took the originals. The reason being that from 27th Oct onwards, settlement visas as decided in Islamabad at the BHC. So I guess they do not need photocopies :)[/quote]

oh wicked..nice 1...

s.razvi
Newly Registered

Post by s.razvi » Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:52 pm

Enigmatic wrote:

You need not worry about this at all. As they have changed the policy and they do not require any photocopies, only the oirginals. I too took an entire set of photocopies but they only took the originals. The reason being that from 27th Oct onwards, settlement visas as decided in Islamabad at the BHC. So I guess they do not need photocopies :)
this should not be a problem at all shoaib so you dont need toworry, they refused to accept my applicationt wice cuz i had photocopis and not original certificates, they only take originals now and they are much thorough in checking that the applicant has each and every document possibly required so that way the gerry people have been helpful, at least in karachi.

Shoaib82
Newly Registered

Post by Shoaib82 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:28 pm

Hi razvi,
Thanks for your reply, you are right about gerrys being helpful as they did check every document from wife.

IndyRhodes
Newly Registered

Document checking

Post by IndyRhodes » Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:13 pm

Shoaib82 wrote: Thanks for your reply, you are right about gerrys being helpful as they did check every document from wife.
May I just ask? You say that your wife's documents were checked. In what way exactly were they checked? Were they simply looking to see that each document was submitted, or were they looking closely at each document?

I only enquire because my wife's visa was refused on the justification that one of her documents was "not issued by the authorities in Pakistan". Of course, the Union Council chairman has confirmed that it was a perfectly good document (but hey, what does he know? UKBA know best...). I'd be interested to know your experience of document checking.

Bedar Bakht
Newly Registered

Post by Bedar Bakht » Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:17 pm

what about sponsor's passport? did you send photocopies or original?
i have sent unattested photocopies of my passport and my wife will submit the application end of this month.

Shadow86
Member of Standing

Post by Shadow86 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:59 am

XnailaX wrote:nah man..i wish..i jus wanted to look at when every body was..im nosey lol...

anaya..thankyou for ur reply sis...;)
Lol that's alright, I wouldn't say nosey but you're just having a look at the average time it can take for applications to be processed. At least that is how most of the people here look at the spreadsheet at the start :P

As for "sis", lol from what angle does Shadow imply that i'm a female?

Doesn't Shadow sound "masculine", more of a male type of username? I'm a bro not a sis :lol:.

Enigmatic, if the applications are decided in Islamabad as you put it then why the slow pace in the applications? The understanding from the Post Oct 25 2010 was that the applications will be dealt with in Islamabad to "speed up" the process and reduce backlog but it seems we are now facing slow processing time once again.

I doubt applications would be "decided" in Islamabad. Croydon is the deciding place and will be for quite a long time as long as the new UK government is in place - am sure they are keen on reducing immigration so allowing Islamabad to decide would just keep the government from their main aim.

Shoaib82
Newly Registered

Re: Document checking

Post by Shoaib82 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:28 am

IndyRhodes wrote:
Shoaib82 wrote: Thanks for your reply, you are right about gerrys being helpful as they did check every document from wife.
May I just ask? You say that your wife's documents were checked. In what way exactly were they checked? Were they simply looking to see that each document was submitted, or were they looking closely at each document?

I only enquire because my wife's visa was refused on the justification that one of her documents was "not issued by the authorities in Pakistan". Of course, the Union Council chairman has confirmed that it was a perfectly good document (but hey, what does he know? UKBA know best...). I'd be interested to know your experience of document checking.
Hi,
I will ask my wife in detail about that and get back to you.

Shoaib82
Newly Registered

Post by Shoaib82 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:30 am

Bedar Bakht wrote:

what about sponsor's passport? did you send photocopies or original?
i have sent unattested photocopies of my passport and my wife will submit the application end of this month.
I sent certified photocopies of all the pages of my passport.

coolgeeser
Newly Registered

Post by coolgeeser » Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:04 pm

AOA All,
Could anyone please answer my query with any information they have on this... really appreciate it

coolgeeser wrote:Probably should mention that we are applying at VAC lahore

thank you in advance

Nationality - british

Many thanks

maymar
- thin ice -

Post by maymar » Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:22 pm

coolgeeser wrote:AOA All,
Could anyone please answer my query with any information they have on this... really appreciate it

coolgeeser wrote:Probably should mention that we are applying at VAC lahore

thank you in advance

Nationality - british

Many thanks
Every think is ok in your case but accept your bank account you have to show money you can support your self and support your wife might be it will be big deal ...you have to show saving money 3000 pound .

MojoJojo

Post by MojoJojo » Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:12 pm

Please don't worry they returned all my photocopies as well much to my hubby's chagrin who had made the photocopy set on the bestest paper money could buy...hehehe....I totally ate the fedex guys head and asked him 3 times and in the end he said "Madam im 1000% sure":D...he said its a new rule because now settlement applications only go to Islamabad and nowhere else!
So all's good!

MojoJojo

Re: Document checking

Post by MojoJojo » Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:20 pm

IndyRhodes wrote:

Asa!
I submitted mine on monday from karachi and the guy just skimmed through the folder...didnt actually take all the things out and look at them closely.I asked him if everything was allright and he said yes.The only thing which they checked was the copy of my husband's British passport...they checked the name and the attestation by his solicitor.

If your wife's visa was refused due to a missing NADRA Nikah Nama maybe you should get it made because someone I know had their visa refused on that basis alone....and the guy at NADRA told me that this is necessary now.Just a suggestion:)

All the best!