ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Manno1

Post by Manno1 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:41 am

shahzad80 wrote:
Result: Refused
Notice of appeal received by Abu Dhabi office: 24/01/2010

I would like to ask that I saw many people are given a specified date to hear from ECO. I sent an email to Abu Dhabi embassy on 12/03/2011 and they told me that my review is under process and they will inform me once they reach on any decision. I am worrying about the fact that they did not even give me a date. What I should be doing?
Notice of appeal received by Abu Dhabu? what do you mean?

Tribunal send notice of deciosn..do you mean that

Regards

Shahzad
I meant my appeal documents were received by Abu Dhabi office on 24th January which I sent them with my appeal form. I sent an email to them on 12th March 2011 and they replied saying that my review is under process. But like most of the people are given the date till which ECO has to response to AIT, I am not given any date like that which is making me a little worry now. What I should be doing now? apply for a fresh case?

aky
Newly Registered

Spouse sponsor template

Post by aky » Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:23 pm

Just wanted to request if someone could direct me towards spouse sponsorship declaration templates. My nephew is a headteacher of a secondary school and is going Pakistan to get married and has proof of employment from his school, bank statements, also has a mortgage statement
He has let his house on rent, does he need a letter to confirm accommodation permission from his father for him and his spouse (wife-to-be) ?
Hoping to hear and be advised by anyone who has been in the same situation.
Thanks.

Shadow86
Member of Standing

Post by Shadow86 » Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:43 am

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key ... -0I#gid=21

I have updated the spreadsheet, the Appeals tab displays the information.

Thanks for all the info guys.

It seems a lot of people waiting for May/June and I dunno what date they have assigned to me but it would be a safe bet that around 6 June or so is the one for me as I am only a couple days behind Safia.

Manno, you sent yours to Croydon or AIT? If you sent yours to Croydon then I don't think you'll receive a letter from AIT in regards to a deadline that ECO must respond by. So it's a good thing that your case is being reviewed right now, so inshallah they will give you decision within the next couple of weeks. Inshallah if they overturn the decision then less waiting for you :).
Spreadsheet containing useful data for Appellants and Applicants:
https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key ... y=CPqzu-0I

P.S. Above spreadsheet no longer being monitored and edited by myself.

Manno1

Post by Manno1 » Sat Mar 26, 2011 3:39 am

Shadow86 wrote:https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key ... -0I#gid=21

I have updated the spreadsheet, the Appeals tab displays the information.

Thanks for all the info guys.

It seems a lot of people waiting for May/June and I dunno what date they have assigned to me but it would be a safe bet that around 6 June or so is the one for me as I am only a couple days behind Safia.

Manno, you sent yours to Croydon or AIT? If you sent yours to Croydon then I don't think you'll receive a letter from AIT in regards to a deadline that ECO must respond by. So it's a good thing that your case is being reviewed right now, so inshallah they will give you decision within the next couple of weeks. Inshallah if they overturn the decision then less waiting for you :).
Thank you for replying. I sent my documents to Abu Dhabi straight away because this is where my Visa application was refused. But they did not give me any specific date to hear by. INSHA ALLAH we all may hear a good news soon!

Shadow86
Member of Standing

Post by Shadow86 » Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:55 am

This is the first time I am hearing someone sending their appeal direct to Abu Dhabi instead of Croydon.

Well yes in that case u will not be getting any specific date to hear by but give them the typical 12 weeks as ur maximum marker.

12 weeks from the date you sent them the appeal.

As a rought guide April 22nd 2011 is the date by which inshallah you should hear something from them.

IF your appeal is successful and decision overturned then very well but if they uphold their decision then you could be in for a long procedure as I don't know if they will be sending it off to AIT, in which case you'll have to wait to get a court hearing date.

If your appeal case is strong then inshallah it should get overturned.

Edit: Shahzad seemed to have posted before me. That is some sad info right there. I can see where he is coming from in terms of proof and the fact that they can process it whenever they want.
It should have been either Croydon or AIT, not Abu Dhabi.
Spreadsheet containing useful data for Appellants and Applicants:
https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key ... y=CPqzu-0I

P.S. Above spreadsheet no longer being monitored and edited by myself.

Manno1

Post by Manno1 » Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:08 pm

Shadow86 wrote:This is the first time I am hearing someone sending their appeal direct to Abu Dhabi instead of Croydon.

Well yes in that case u will not be getting any specific date to hear by but give them the typical 12 weeks as ur maximum marker.

12 weeks from the date you sent them the appeal.

As a rought guide April 22nd 2011 is the date by which inshallah you should hear something from them.

IF your appeal is successful and decision overturned then very well but if they uphold their decision then you could be in for a long procedure as I don't know if they will be sending it off to AIT, in which case you'll have to wait to get a court hearing date.

If your appeal case is strong then inshallah it should get overturned.

Edit: Shahzad seemed to have posted before me. That is some sad info right there. I can see where he is coming from in terms of proof and the fact that they can process it whenever they want.
It should have been either Croydon or AIT, not Abu Dhabi.
Thank you for your response. Well I guess I need to wait till 22nd April and then will email them. In case if they prolong the process I might think to submit a fresh application. I thought my appeal case is pretty straight forward therefore it should not take long but unfortunately it has and now it confuses me about what to do. They told me via email on 15/03/2011 that review is under process and they have been quick in replying emails but don't what are they doing my application ! May ALLAH help all of us to get Visas as soon as possible.

Manno1

Post by Manno1 » Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:10 pm

shahzad80 wrote:
Manno1 wrote:
shahzad80 wrote:
Result: Refused
Notice of appeal received by Abu Dhabi office: 24/01/2010

I would like to ask that I saw many people are given a specified date to hear from ECO. I sent an email to Abu Dhabi embassy on 12/03/2011 and they told me that my review is under process and they will inform me once they reach on any decision. I am worrying about the fact that they did not even give me a date. What I should be doing?
Notice of appeal received by Abu Dhabu? what do you mean?

Tribunal send notice of deciosn..do you mean that

Regards

Shahzad
I meant my appeal documents were received by Abu Dhabi office on 24th January which I sent them with my appeal form. I sent an email to them on 12th March 2011 and they replied saying that my review is under process. But like most of the people are given the date till which ECO has to response to AIT, I am not given any date like that which is making me a little worry now. What I should be doing now? apply for a fresh case?
Embassy never gives date for bunlde.

This happen when they decline to review and send papers to AIT.
Then ait record appeal and gives date.

I would never recommend to lodge appeal with embassy as it is upto them to decide when to send papers to AIT.There is no proof of anything as well.

Shahzad
Shahzad thank you for your response! You are right probably, I just wanted to save that extra AIT would have taken in order to send my appeal documents back to embassy for review. But this process is too time wasting and frustrating! Good luck to all of Us!

MojoJojo

Post by MojoJojo » Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:14 pm

Can anyone tell me how long does a decision take after I recieve this email:

"Your visa application reference number xx is under process at the British High Commission. An auto e-mail will be generated to inform you when the application is returned and is available for collection at the application Centre. Please note this is an auto generated e-mail. Please do NOT reply to this email. "

Manno1

Post by Manno1 » Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:21 pm

MojoJojo wrote:Can anyone tell me how long does a decision take after I recieve this email:

"Your visa application reference number xx is under process at the British High Commission. An auto e-mail will be generated to inform you when the application is returned and is available for collection at the application Centre. Please note this is an auto generated e-mail. Please do NOT reply to this email. "
Not too long I believe couple of weeks only. In my case I received this email on 13/12/2010 and on 04/01/2011, status changed to application forwarded to application center and on 11/01/2011 it was ready for collection.

s.razvi
Newly Registered

Post by s.razvi » Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:24 pm

Manno1 wrote:
MojoJojo wrote:Can anyone tell me how long does a decision take after I recieve this email:

Not too long I believe couple of weeks only. In my case I received this email on 13/12/2010 and on 04/01/2011, status changed to application forwarded to application center and on 11/01/2011 it was ready for collection.
i got the same email on 3rd feb and i had applied on 21st jan 2011, but i am still waiting for my visa you got lucky i guess that your process ws quick..mine has been nine weeks now and still havent heard from them:S

shahzad80
Member of Standing

Post by shahzad80 » Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:16 pm

Last edited by shahzad80 on Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
This is not legal advice..I am not immigration consultant or solicitor so please seek legal advice for yours immigration matters

skah786

Post by skah786 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:25 pm

Hi,

After application forwarded to islamabad oc what should the next status update read? It's been like this for longer than a week its getting really frustrating.

Few people I know have had spouse visas accepted within a matter of 5 6 days our status isnt even moving :S this is beginning (or should i say continuing) to stress me out :(

Thanks

s.razvi
Newly Registered

Post by s.razvi » Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:56 pm

skah786 wrote:Hi,

After application forwarded to islamabad oc what should the next status update read? It's been like this for longer than a week its getting really frustrating.

Few people I know have had spouse visas accepted within a matter of 5 6 days our status isnt even moving :S this is beginning (or should i say continuing) to stress me out :(

Thanks
Relax , it takes about two weeks to change from islamabad OC to underprocess at BHC so probably any time soon you will c your status changed:)

Shoaib82
Newly Registered

Post by Shoaib82 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:13 pm

skah786 wrote:Hi,

Thanks
I am surprised to know that someone you know had there visa application processed in 5-6 days in Pakistan, I also know many people who had there application processed the same day but that was from outside Pakistan.

It will be 13-14 days before your application status changes to under process.

wassap

Post by wassap » Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:39 pm

Just seen this thread, as its for PK ppl, I may aswell add my query here aswell!!

Hi Folks,

I guess i know the answer to this already, but the other day i was reading the SET17 guidance notes regarding the ELT requirment for spouse's.

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/ecg/settle ... equirement

Now my wife has a BSC degree and a MSC from QAU in Pakistan, both of the subjects are/were scientific subjects so wholly taught in English, but Im fairly sure they are not on the UK NARIC database, in any case, they only look at the Bachelors degrees.

But if you read SET 17.8 Point B, it leaves the requirement open to interpretation, Ie we could submit the degree certificate and say either a letter from the UNI saying it was taught in English, or a couple of official text books from the course to show that it was taught in English.

Silly thing is that the missus speaks awesome english and it would be pretty easy for her to the course, but a) im trying to save some time, and b) it would be silly not to take advantage of the expemption if it exists!

I got married 4 weeks ago and im now back in the uk, and hopefully the missus will submit the paperwork next week (mirpur), if i can get some form of clarification on the ELT issue! as far as i can tell the rest of our paperwork is rock solid (10 years solid,well payed employement, great levels of communications since our engagement,self owned house etc etc) I'd rather get things straight before we apply, but on the other hand im desperate to be with her:(

Cany anyone clarify the ELT requirement issue?

missy12
Newly Registered

Visa

Post by missy12 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:53 pm

Hi Im new to the post. I am from the Uk and got married in pakistan a year ago. My husband submitted the Visa on 12 January at Gerrys Islamabad. Does anyone know why it is taking so long with the applications nowadays. And what the maximum time is??

s.razvi
Newly Registered

Post by s.razvi » Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:22 pm

wassap wrote:Just seen this thread, as its for PK ppl, I may aswell add my query here aswell!!

Hi Folks,

I guess i know the answer to this already, but the other day i was reading the SET17 guidance notes regarding the ELT requirment for spouse's.

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/ecg/settle ... equirement

Now my wife has a BSC degree and a MSC from QAU in Pakistan, both of the subjects are/were scientific subjects so wholly taught in English, but Im fairly sure they are not on the UK NARIC database, in any case, they only look at the Bachelors degrees.

But if you read SET 17.8 Point B, it leaves the requirement open to interpretation, Ie we could submit the degree certificate and say either a letter from the UNI saying it was taught in English, or a couple of official text books from the course to show that it was taught in English.

Silly thing is that the missus speaks awesome english and it would be pretty easy for her to the course, but a) im trying to save some time, and b) it would be silly not to take advantage of the expemption if it exists!

I got married 4 weeks ago and im now back in the uk, and hopefully the missus will submit the paperwork next week (mirpur), if i can get some form of clarification on the ELT issue! as far as i can tell the rest of our paperwork is rock solid (10 years solid,well payed employement, great levels of communications since our engagement,self owned house etc etc) I'd rather get things straight before we apply, but on the other hand im desperate to be with her:(

Cany anyone clarify the ELT requirement issue?
wassap: you can give a letter stating that the subjects she has been studying have been taught in english .. submit the original degree certificate and transcripts.... i did the same but i did my olevels and alevels too so submited their originals too ...

ali sher

Post by ali sher » Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:34 am

Hi/asa all

I got my ILR in 2005. I got married in 2009 in Pakistan. My wife has submitted her Spouse Visa App on 28.3.11
at Gerry's Islamabad centre.

My wife is not satisfied with the Gerry's customer service at all. She was asked to come at 11 am all the way from Peshawar but she had to wait till 3pm for her turn.
The woman who checked documents told my wife your husband's passport is expired ( it was extended by Pak consulate, and i sent my original passport instead of attested photocopies) then she pronounced the word 'indefinite leave' as 'indefine' and objected that this person cant sponsor you on an 'indefine' visa. When her supervisor confirmed its indefinte then that lady started objecting other documents and tried to give half of the important pictures and a few other documents back saying they are not important but my wife insisted she cant take anything back as they are the required documents for this visa.

Then all of a sudden she goes we dont take original passports and the reason she gave was 'because nobody give their orig passports'. My wife was told to get photocopies of sponsor's passport and come back in half hour time.
My wife got the photocopies and submitted app along with the documents and nobody at Gerry's said anything about getting the photocopies attested.

Now i am confused and worried if the application get rejected because of unattested photocopies.

Please advice me what could be done at this stage when online track status of our application says 'App has been forwarded to Islamabad OC'.

Thank you.

shahzad80
Member of Standing

Post by shahzad80 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:27 am

ali sher wrote:Hi/asa all

I got my ILR in 2005. I got married in 2009 in Pakistan. My wife has submitted her Spouse Visa App on 28.3.11
at Gerry's Islamabad centre.

My wife is not satisfied with the Gerry's customer service at all. She was asked to come at 11 am all the way from Peshawar but she had to wait till 3pm for her turn.
The woman who checked documents told my wife your husband's passport is expired ( it was extended by Pak consulate, and i sent my original passport instead of attested photocopies) then she pronounced the word 'indefinite leave' as 'indefine' and objected that this person cant sponsor you on an 'indefine' visa. When her supervisor confirmed its indefinte then that lady started objecting other documents and tried to give half of the important pictures and a few other documents back saying they are not important but my wife insisted she cant take anything back as they are the required documents for this visa.

Then all of a sudden she goes we dont take original passports and the reason she gave was 'because nobody give their orig passports'. My wife was told to get photocopies of sponsor's passport and come back in half hour time.
My wife got the photocopies and submitted app along with the documents and nobody at Gerry's said anything about getting the photocopies attested.

Now i am confused and worried if the application get rejected because of unattested photocopies.

Please advice me what could be done at this stage when online track status of our application says 'App has been forwarded to Islamabad OC'.

Thank you.
you can lodge yours formal complaint against this poor service.

you can do that by

1.send an email to the manager of vis centre...their emails address are at ukvacpk.com under contact section.

you can also complaint at uk home office web site.

Remember uk vac staff are not immigrtaion consultants..they are simply clerks or data entry clerks(more appropicate word).

accroding to my esxpereicne sometimes they are rights as visa application rules change so quickly we may be dont know..

I remembeed when they asked me orgionals are not reqireued so I was shocked but later I realize they have change their procedures...

Its upto you what you do...to me just ignored this and focused on positive site.

Shahzad
This is not legal advice..I am not immigration consultant or solicitor so please seek legal advice for yours immigration matters

Shoaib82
Newly Registered

Re: Visa

Post by Shoaib82 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:40 pm

missy12 wrote:Hi Im new to the post. I am from the Uk and got married in pakistan a year ago. My husband submitted the Visa on 12 January at Gerrys Islamabad. Does anyone know why it is taking so long with the applications nowadays. And what the maximum time is??
Hi,
It's currently taking about 3 months to process the application, so you should expect the application status to be changing to collection very soon.
As for why it takes too long, they simply don't care and given there piority to visitor and specially student visas whom we all know are mostly using the student route to gain entry to uk. These officers making decisions out there are complete idiots.

missy12
Newly Registered

Re: Visa

Post by missy12 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:23 pm

Shoaib82 wrote:
missy12 wrote:Hi Im new to the post. I am from the Uk and got married in pakistan a year ago. My husband submitted the Visa on 12 January at Gerrys Islamabad. Does anyone know why it is taking so long with the applications nowadays. And what the maximum time is??
Hi,
It's currently taking about 3 months to process the application, so you should expect the application status to be changing to collection very soon.
As for why it takes too long, they simply don't care and given there piority to visitor and specially student visas whom we all know are mostly using the student route to gain entry to uk. These officers making
decisions out there are complete idiots.
Thank you for the reply was getting anxious no-one would lol. Yeh its actually goin to be 3 months next week as hubby applied on 12 january.
Well in a wa i dnt blame them for checking up on us for the visa after all theho ha over girls that claimed theyd been forced to get married by their parnts but its not fir on the actual couples that are happy in the marriage.
Its so horrible coz lyk 1 year a passd of marriage and feels like where is time flying.

Do u hink I should email them later next week if the status doe not change? :)

missy12
Newly Registered

Post by missy12 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:33 pm

Is there a spreadsheet we can input for visas applied in the new year starting from january 2011?

Asil_88

info

Post by Asil_88 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:48 pm

Guys
I like to get more info on documentation required for the spouse visa.

im bit confused about the submission of Nikahnama, do i have to submit orginal one or the translated one or both? or is there is anything else??

Premier
Newly Registered

Post by Premier » Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:22 pm

Hi,

I applied spouse settlement on Jan 12, 2011 as fresh application. I need to write to UKBA to inquire the status of application. Anybody help to inform the appropriate email address.

missy12
Newly Registered

Post by missy12 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:26 pm

Premier wrote:Hi,

I applied spouse settlement on Jan 12, 2011 as fresh application. I need to write to UKBA to inquire the status of application. Anybody help to inform the appropriate email address.
Hi my husband also applied on the same day as you at the gerrys in isb. we have not had a change in status either, really stressing.