ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Shadow86
Member of Standing

Post by Shadow86 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:52 pm

^^ That doesn't seem to sound like they deal with appeals?

Cause passport number, date of application are both irrelevant and what IS relevant is FCO number and Appeal number.

The initial application case is closed since Dec 2010 and so the new case would be the appeal and it is details of that, that I would need to pass on to them for them to help my query.

I suppose the email add you gave may help those who have submitted their passports if anything.

Thanks anyways zaf :) btw any updates from yourself?
Spreadsheet containing useful data for Appellants and Applicants:
https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key ... y=CPqzu-0I

P.S. Above spreadsheet no longer being monitored and edited by myself.

zaf

Post by zaf » Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:27 pm

Shadow86 wrote:^^ That doesn't seem to sound like they deal with appeals?

Cause passport number, date of application are both irrelevant and what IS relevant is FCO number and Appeal number.

The initial application case is closed since Dec 2010 and so the new case would be the appeal and it is details of that, that I would need to pass on to them for them to help my query.

I suppose the email add you gave may help those who have submitted their passports if anything.

WELL they needed that information to answer a query regarding my appeal otherwise WHY would they ask for it .A lot of that inormation was copied from an email from the embassy at ABU DHABI. they did not ask for FCO NUMBER OR APPEAL number but i did provide this to them also. As far as my case goes i am in same boat as a lot of others including yourself. I HOPE YOU CONTACT THEM and find out what is happening with your case. they will tell you when they receivd your appeal papers and that they have 3 months to decide the case.

Shadow86
Member of Standing

Post by Shadow86 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:17 pm

Very strange and odd of them but maybe it's a way of identifying who has waited the longest and to approach their case first???

Anyhow as they say "no harm in trying" :)

I'll go ahead and email them and do as suggested. Lets hope it's some good news at least. I'll keep you posted.

Edit to add: I just sent them an email and received an out of office reply :roll: containing the info that you gave me and at the bottom it states "If the issues raised in your email are not covered by the information set out above we will send you an individual reply as quickly as we can, and within no more than 20 days from the date we receive it."

MrsJKH
Newly Registered

Waiting for Visa Collection

Post by MrsJKH » Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:55 pm

My first Post. Been Married for over a year and am waiting patiently and praying to Allah. My husband submitted all paper work on 30/03/2011 and online status is reading Forwarded to Islamabad OC

Inshallah I am praying He will receive a text to collect on 12/03/2011 .. I need a time frame in my head so I can count down the days or I will just go completely mad not knowing..

My appeal was granted in February 2011 but no call in letter was sent. So I emailed Abu Dhabi and received one the next day via email on 08th March.

I'll pray for everyone as When Allah wills then it will be... They make it so difficult for us don't they?

All the best everyone

Jabs

skah786

Post by skah786 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:59 pm

Hi
Quick question to anyone thats already gone through the application/receiving passport process. Does fedex/Gerry's ring you to tell you that your passport has arrived back?

A cousin that has said that she thinks they rang her husband but can't remember.

So confusing!

Duas

MrsJKH
Newly Registered

Post by MrsJKH » Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:22 pm

Yes they do ring you. Ring gerrys where he submitted passport to ask for status

Asil_88

-

Post by Asil_88 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:09 pm

Im in process of applying for my wife's visa just got few questions
im working on 25 hours a week and i also have income from small business, started recently.
so when indicating the income should i declare income from both sources??

zaf

Post by zaf » Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:14 pm

Shadow86 wrote:Very strange and odd of them but maybe it's a way of identifying who has waited the longest and to approach their case first???

Anyhow as they say "no harm in trying" :)

I'll go ahead and email them and do as suggested. Lets hope it's some good news at least. I'll keep you posted.

Edit to add: I just sent them an email and received an out of office reply :roll: containing the info that you gave me and at the bottom it states "If the issues raised in your email are not covered by the information set out above we will send you an individual reply as quickly as we can, and within no more than 20 days from the date we receive it."
HOPEFULLY YOU SHOULD RECEIVE AN EMAIL REGARDING YOUR APPEAL EITHER OVERNIGHT OR EARLY MORNING STATING WHEN THEY RECEIVED YOUR APPEAL PAPERS AND ANY PROGRESS ON YOUR CASE

Shadow86
Member of Standing

Re: -

Post by Shadow86 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:27 pm

Asil_88 wrote:Im in process of applying for my wife's visa just got few questions
im working on 25 hours a week and i also have income from small business, started recently.
I would imagine yes because if u only declare part time job then ur partner will be refused entry under insufficient funding. As for the small business, they can perhaps refuse because u started recently and there is no solid proof of its potential to last long enough. So both jobs work hand in hand in a way and therefore declaring both jobs income would be the best thing to do.

@zaf, easyyyyyy with the caps lol :lol:. Inshallah I hope it is a positive response.

zaf

Post by zaf » Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:02 am

@zaf, easyyyyyy with the caps lol :lol:. Inshallah I hope it is a positive response.[/quote] sorry thought you had lost your reading glasses lol .
good luck with your email.

Manno1

Post by Manno1 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:09 am

Shadow86 wrote:Good luck missy12 :)

I've added the details given by all so far to the spreadsheet.

An update from my side, last night my wife was telling me that our solicitor says to inquire about the appeal progress so I have sent an email to the following 2 addresses:

appeals.abudhabi@fco.gov.uk
ukhub.pakistangeneralenquiries@fco.gov.uk

So far haven't received a response from either. It's been 13 weeks since I submitted the appeal. Solicitor was saying if they have forgotten to deal with our appeal or have lost it then we can put a case against them.

Should I send an email to another address besides the above 2? My initial application was submitted in Sep 2010 so I come under the Pre 25 Oct applicants list if that helps.
Hi you could try this email address. I heard that its very useful in order to have the correct information about your appeal cases. AbuDhabi.DutyECO@fco.gsi.gov.uk
I hope it helps you! Goodluck

Manno1

Post by Manno1 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:13 am

zaf wrote:
Shadow86 wrote:^^ That doesn't seem to sound like they deal with appeals?

WELL they needed that information to answer a query regarding my appeal otherwise WHY would they ask for it .A lot of that inormation was copied from an email from the embassy at ABU DHABI. they did not ask for FCO NUMBER OR APPEAL number but i did provide this to them also. As far as my case goes i am in same boat as a lot of others including yourself. I HOPE YOU CONTACT THEM and find out what is happening with your case. they will tell you when they receivd your appeal papers and that they have 3 months to decide the case.
Yes you are right Zaf, same kind of information I mentioned in my email and they responded to me next day telling that my review is in process.

MrsJKH
Newly Registered

Appeals who to contact

Post by MrsJKH » Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:45 am

User shadow ... Ring tribunal office in Leicester and they will give you update regarding appeal cases. I called them a couple of times and finally one day they said appeal was successful. Good luck
0845 600 0877 i think it's this number not too sure....

MrsJKH
Newly Registered

Appeals

Post by MrsJKH » Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:51 am

Shadow86 who is acting on your behalf with appeal? Where us solicitor based? Ring tribunal office in this number 08456000877 you will need fco number and appeal number. They will inform you whether they received appeal papers and the status good luck !

CRT7

Post by CRT7 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:57 am

mrs jkh

was wonderin if u cud help me...........did ur case go to oral hearing? I have an oral hearing next month, any experience will be really helpful........also what did they refuse u on? they refused me that they dont believe that i work (im a civil servant!!!)

i will pray u receive ur passport soon inshallah.........n for Allah to make all our wait fruitful n successful......

any court experience will be real helpful sis

thanks

MrsJKH
Newly Registered

Appeals

Post by MrsJKH » Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:19 am

Hi my case did not go to court. Basically they refused my hubbys visa as I only stayed 5 days after the marriage due to work commitments. My husband sent appeal papers via a Pakistan solicitor ... Big mistake I should have appealed via solicitor in uk as the solicitor didn't send grounds of appeal so there was a delay ... 1 month. Any way I decided to take matters into my own hands and wrote a lengthy letter about how distressed I am and the fact it's a genuine marriage etc. I sent alot of marriage photos etc. I sent direct to Leicester first tier tribunal office where all appeals are sent. They then forward to Abu dhabi etc. My appeal wad successful in February an thank Allah I didn't have to go to court. The fact that they heard from me was what made appeal successful. If you are going to court make sure you have your say about how distressing this experience has been for you etc. Why did they refuse your visa first time round? Good luck jabs

MrsJKH
Newly Registered

Apeal

Post by MrsJKH » Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:23 am

Oh sorry didn't read all your post... Difficult 2 read via i phone. So they think you don't work. What supporting evidence did you send when you initially sent appeal papers? Thanks j

CRT7

Post by CRT7 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:43 am

i sent further P60 further wage slips.........covering the refusal time......still no reply..........got my MP involved, all she told me was that UKBA have got my appeal, they will process it but there is a backlog due to the financial constraints (whatever)..........they never got back to AIT who have now given me a court date!!!!!!!!!! It's just a total joke, u were lucky to have it sorted out b4 going to court.

I dont think sending letters telling them how much this is distressing u helps.........anyway my solicitor is dealing with all correspondence now, n he said it's best to give facts @ court as they are evidence, they dont take emotion into account..........

all i can do is pray for the best

btw which email address did u ask about call letter........im just preparing ahead i guess in case they take the mick sending the call letter once the judge allows my appeal (inshallah)

MrsJKH
Newly Registered

Post by MrsJKH » Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:10 am

They are just being lazy and it looks as if they have not looked through all the supporting evidence you have sent. Inshallah everything will be sorted. I sent an email to visa.abudhabi@fco.gov.uk with Appeal number, FCO number, husbands DOB and briefly explaining initial decision has been overturned etc. They emailed me the very next day with the call in letter which I emailed to my husband. My husband was waiting for a month but I dont even think he gave the right address and then again, post can get lost in Pakistan.

I think you should always chase. Good luck with the court case. From what you are telling me you should have no problem. So next month once they have overturned the original decision to refuse (think positive), wait a couple of days and then email Abu Dhabi for call in letter.

Also make sure your wife has a valid TB screening certificate.. My husbands expired and they are only vaild for 6 months. So once I got the call in letter, we had to wait for another 10 days as he had to book appointment with ICO Clinic in Islamabad (waiting times are about 5 -10 days) for TB screening. Once you have all documents, then book Appointment with UK Visa Centre (You get them quick, I got one the next day and called them myself to book 0871-7043005) Or alternatively pay RS3000 for a 'premium lounge service' as they call it and she can attend whenever she wants and submit all documents. So your wife will need to take Your passport photo copies, TB screening certificate, Her passport, ID card, Call in Letter. Ensure she pays RS200 for Text message service so they will inform stright away.

She will get Reference Number that begins with ISAR So you can track online which I am doing everyday. If you want to chase status email visa.abudhabi@fco.gov.uk and they will let you know the status as well.

Good Luck.... It should take about 2 - 3 weeks to get all paperwork back after they have completed all the checks. Im expecting to receive some good news on 12/03/2011

Jabs

Asil_88

Post by Asil_88 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:13 am

Shadow86 wrote:
Asil_88 wrote:Im in process of applying for my wife's visa just got few questions
I would imagine yes because if u only declare part time job then ur partner will be refused entry under insufficient funding. As for the small business, they can perhaps refuse because u started recently and there is no solid proof of its potential to last long enough. So both jobs work hand in hand in a way and therefore declaring both jobs income would be the best thing to do.

@zaf, easyyyyyy with the caps lol :lol:. Inshallah I hope it is a positive response.
Shadow86 thanks for the reply.

CRT7

Post by CRT7 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:26 am

mrs jkh thanks for ur help..........yeah will chase the call letter once appeal allowed inshallah..........why do abu dhabi issue call letters? im amazed the process is spread over so many different countries, no wonder post gets lost!!!

Shadow86
Member of Standing

Post by Shadow86 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:32 pm

lol no reading glasses here :P.

safia, i'm also in same boat now except i'm a bit behind you (as before) lol check this out:
Thank you for your email of 06/04/2011 asking for an update on your wife appeal. We received her Notice of Appeal on 01/03/2011. A review of the refusal decision will be conducted here. If the decision to refuse is upheld, the Notice of Appeal will be forwarded to the Immigration and Asylum First Tier Chamber as soon as possible. If we overturn the decision at review, she will be contacted about the arrangements to resubmit her passport. This process can take up to three months.

In order to help us to provide a good service to all our customers you may not receive a reply to any further enquiries about the progress of your appeal.
1st March 2011!!!!!!!! What the heck!!!!!?????? 1st March?!!!!!!!! :x now I gotta re-start my damn freakin' weeks cause 13 weeks of waiting is now rendered useless :roll:.

Oh well on the positive side at least I got an update. So by the last paragraph they mean they will no longer respond to my emails?

As for the number provided in the previous page, i'll keep a note of it and use it when June comes around because that's the time frame I have no choice but to look at.

Manno1

Post by Manno1 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:38 pm

Shadow86 wrote:lol no reading glasses here :P.

safia, i'm also in same boat now except i'm a bit behind you (as before) lol check this out:
Thank you for your email of 06/04/2011 asking for an update on your wife appeal. We received her Notice of Appeal on 01/03/2011. A review of the refusal decision will be conducted here. If the decision to refuse is upheld, the Notice of Appeal will be forwarded to the Immigration and Asylum First Tier Chamber as soon as possible. If we overturn the decision at review, she will be contacted about the arrangements to resubmit her passport. This process can take up to three months.

In order to help us to provide a good service to all our customers you may not receive a reply to any further enquiries about the progress of your appeal.
1st March 2011!!!!!!!! What the heck!!!!!?????? 1st March?!!!!!!!! :x now I gotta re-start my damn freakin' weeks cause 13 weeks of waiting is now rendered useless :roll:.

Oh well on the positive side at least I got an update. So by the last paragraph they mean they will no longer respond to my emails?

As for the number provided in the previous page, i'll keep a note of it and use it when June comes around because that's the time frame I have no choice but to look at.
Oh that is very disappointing but at least now you know where you stand. This is very frustrating but what can we do. I got the same email response and they told me that my appeal documents were received by them on 24th January 2011 and I am still waiting :( May we all hear good news soon, InshALLAH!

MrsJKH
Newly Registered

Post by MrsJKH » Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:49 pm

Shadow86 wrote:lol no reading glasses here :P.

Who did you email?

Im surprised it took them a long time to receive appeal papers. I sent mine in November but Solicitor didnot send Grounds of appeal so he had to send them again . There was a delay but they received them in December 2010. I called the Leicester First Tier Tribunal office for weekly updates on 08456000877 as just not knowing was stressing me out. I sent them further supporting eveidence as I thought this is my final chance to sort this out which they forwarded to Abu Dhabi. And finally in mid of February, they told me over the phone appeal is successful. I thought I had a hard time with this Visa business...

Good Luck Everyone.

Shadow86
Member of Standing

Post by Shadow86 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:29 pm

I emailed visa.abudhabi@fco.gov.uk as per zaf's suggestion.

Thanks zaf btw :)

I ain't too worried because the notice to sponsor did say it could take up to 19 weeks so at the end of the day the 19 weeks mark is not being surpassed but only nearly touched. So I was mentally prepared to wait till June anyways after reading Safia's situation.

My wife on the other hand said the F word for the first time so I am quite disappointed at that and told her there are many other words in the dictionary that'll make a better fit (damn, shoot, oh noo, etc). Anyhow as u can tell by that she is really really angry at the whole 1st March situation :lol: