ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Linda21
Newly Registered

Re: FLR(FP) and Discretionary Leave to Remain timelines

Post by Linda21 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:47 pm

Thank u ever so much @ Dapsonlee,@Bsmith,@God's Authority,@Shondra Sharma,@Nilemarques.
Many congratulations @Seanp.
Wishing u all the best x

Dan12
Newly Registered

Parent of a british child settle in uk.

Post by Dan12 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:09 pm

Hello,Have been following this forum for years now and thank you all for the contribution and useful information .

Please I need your contribution and advise,I am a british and my partner is overstayer .well both have a daughter under a year old,she also a british .i will like to put in application for my partner base on parent of British child settle in uk .which form is right to use flr(o) or flr(fp).thanks

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Re: Parent of a british child settle in uk.

Post by dapsonlee » Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:12 pm

Dan12 wrote:Hello,Have been following this forum for years now and thank you all for the contribution and useful information .

Please I need your contribution and advise,I am a british and my partner is overstayer .well both have a daughter under a year old,she also a british .i will like to put in application for my partner base on parent of British child settle in uk .which form is right to use flr(o) or flr(fp).thanks

Welcome dan12,

FLR (FP) is definitely the way forward.

Dan12
Newly Registered

Parent of a British child settle in uk

Post by Dan12 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:34 pm

Thanks for respond I do appricate it,
In the form flr(fp) does not stated about parent of a child settle in uk.
Who use Flr (o) form Please.thanks

Dan12
Newly Registered

Re: Parent of a British child settle in uk

Post by Dan12 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:32 pm

Dan12 wrote:Thanks for respond I do appricate it,

flozo64
United Kingdom

Post by flozo64 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:35 pm

Dan12 wrote:Hello,Have been following this forum for years now and thank you all for the contribution and useful information .

Surely if she is our partner, you should put in the 10 year partner application rather than one based on the child, as you are not separated....
Flr(fp) application.

Applied - 29/07-14
HO Received - 31/07/14
Biometrics done - 12/08/14
Decision - Granted - 10/10/2014

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Re: Parent of a British child settle in uk

Post by dapsonlee » Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:40 pm

Dan12 wrote:Thanks for respond I do appricate it,
1. FLR (FP)

You MUST use this FLR(FP) form if you are applying for an extension of stay in one of the following categories:
• Family life as a partner (10 year route)
• Family life as a parent (5 year and 10 year routes)
• Private life in the UK (10 year route)
You and any dependants applying with you must be in the UK to apply.

2. FLR (O)

• General visitor
• Domestic worker in a private household
• UK ancestry
• Visitor for private medical treatment
• Academic visitor
• Dependants of a person who has limitedleave to enter or remain in the UK other than under the points based system
• Discretionary Leave (DL) where the applicant has previously been granted a period of DL but has not previously been refused asylum or granted less than four years Exceptional Leave
• Other purposes/reasons not covered by other application forms
Other purposes/reasons include serious medical reasons where the treatment is not private. Use this form rather than form HPDL for such an application.

From the guidance note you seem to qualify for the FLR (FP) [Family life as a parent because of the child/children]. i am sure ensuring the services of a qualified solicitor can further put confirmation on what more accurate direction to take!
Last edited by dapsonlee on Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:51 pm

“I am not a saint unless you think a saint is a sinner who keeps trying"

flozo64
United Kingdom

Post by flozo64 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:03 pm

Believe2013 wrote:hahahahahahahaha

http://bikozulu.co.ke/visa-denied/
Very enjoyable read. Cheered up my afternoon :)
Flr(fp) application.

Applied - 29/07-14
HO Received - 31/07/14
Biometrics done - 12/08/14
Decision - Granted - 10/10/2014

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:05 pm

flozo64 wrote:
Believe2013 wrote:hahahahahahahaha

http://bikozulu.co.ke/visa-denied/
Very enjoyable read. Cheered up my afternoon :)
I have not stopped cracking up myself! A masterpiece!!!

Dan12
Newly Registered

Post by Dan12 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:28 pm

Thank you all for your reply
One more question.
Presently am receiving child benefit for my daughter £20.50 a week and this show on my bank statement will are provided..please will this have implication on my partner application.thanks

priscaltony

Post by priscaltony » Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:01 am

Hello wonderful people, sometimes back I posted on here that I went for my appeal in August and was waiting for the outcome. Well two weeks after I received the bad news, unfortunately FTT refused my family appeal.

However, my solicitor applied for a permission to appeal to UT which was granted, so now waiting for a hearing day I just have to keep fingers crossed and hope for the best.

Just for a recap I have been here lawfully for over 8 years, my family applications have been dragged through the immigration changes which unfortunately are not to our favour.

The good news however now is that my husband would be applying for ILR this week on 10yrs long residence route, he is my dependent, so it will not affect our appeal.

Seriously, I will advise people not to stress themselves collecting supporting letters from friends or MPs none of these seems to help in anyway. A white British friend even followed up to the appeal to support, but this didn't had any weight, before you ask no criminal reason for refusal. We have just been victims of bad policies applications, keep trusting in God though and you will laugh at last.

I can't wait for this to be over, unfortunately we lost the referendum.

lucky007

Post by lucky007 » Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:55 am

priscaltony wrote:Hello wonderful people, sometimes back I posted on here that I went for my appeal in August and was waiting for the outcome. Well two weeks after I received the bad news, unfortunately FTT refused my family appeal.

However, my solicitor applied for a permission to appeal to UT which was granted, so now waiting for a hearing day I just have to keep fingers crossed and hope for the best.

Just for a recap I have been here lawfully for over 8 years, my family applications have been dragged through the immigration changes which unfortunately are not to our favour.

The good news however now is that my husband would be applying for ILR this week on 10yrs long residence route, he is my dependent, so it will not affect our appeal.

Seriously, I will advise people not to stress themselves collecting supporting letters from friends or MPs none of these seems to help in anyway. A white British friend even followed up to the appeal to support, but this didn't had any weight, before you ask no criminal reason for refusal. We have just been victims of bad policies applications, keep trusting in God though and you will laugh at last.

I can't wait for this to be over, unfortunately we lost the referendum.

sorry about ur appeal and the good new is that ur husband already completed the ten years.

Do u have any children? if yes how old they are and judge didn't consider ur children

your reply would be highly appreciated.

thanks and regards.

priscaltony

Post by priscaltony » Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:40 pm

@Lucky007, thanks for your concern, I do have children and one was born here now over 7yrs. Thant is the argument the FTT didn't consider the kids, he said the kids are not British citizen hence can go back to my country. The 7years policy is really complicated now, as complicated as it looks I am still hopeful.

lucky007

Post by lucky007 » Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:30 pm

priscaltony wrote:@Lucky007, thanks for your concern, I do have children and one was born here now over 7yrs. Thant is the argument the FTT didn't consider the kids, he said the kids are not British citizen hence can go back to my country. The 7years policy is really complicated now, as complicated as it looks I am still hopeful.

Thanks for your reply.

1. where did u go for hearing.

i had send u pm really appreciated if u have a look.

once again thanks.

priscaltony

Post by priscaltony » Sun Sep 21, 2014 4:30 pm

lucky007 wrote:
priscaltony wrote:@Lucky007, thanks for your concern, I do have children and one was born here now over 7yrs. Thant is the argument the FTT didn't consider the kids, he said the kids are not British citizen hence can go back to my country. The 7years policy is really complicated now, as complicated as it looks I am still hopeful.

Thanks for your reply.

1. where did u go for hearing.

i had send u pm really appreciated if u have a look.

once again thanks.
Hi Lucky,

I have replied, pls check your inbox.

Al Haqq

Post by Al Haqq » Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:19 am

Hey!
You are a fighter and you should never give up. I know you may not have and how frustrating this type of situation can be.
You have spent that amount of years in this country. I want to believe the judge has not been totally fair in your case.
Rina, take time off and think things through. You are the one in the situation, you know what is best for you.
We will remember you in our prayers.
SOMETIMES BY LOSING A BATTLE YOU FIND A NEW WAY TO WIN THE WAR.
Good luck.
rina wrote:Congratulations Al Haqq and to everyone else that has been granted and commiserations to those that have been refused.

I thought I would be writing this under different circumstances but I guess that is life for you. I had my JR oral hearing this week and my case was thrown out as basically the Judge thought there was hardly any merit to cut the long story short. I am not appealing the decision or putting in a new application as its a waste of money and time as there is NO chance for I have come to the realisation that it is GOD's will that I should not remain. He knows his reasons and I just have to trust him and follow what he has planned for me. Sometimes God closes some doors for your good as he has something better or a purpose for you and in time it shall be revealed to you.
I want to thank the very first person that helped me on this forum and that is Yummymummy to Verbina, sweetypie, Nilemarques, Hatchsead, Believe2013, Elastep, Crytal newbie, shondara sharma, malogo, seneca, God's authority, kukuwife, keisha, summer, spring 2014, this year, al haqq, winners and Daponslee who has been a rock.
Some of you have moved on and pray that all is well with you and you are enjoying your freedom and those still waiting I pray that you get granted so you can in turn enjoy the freedom.

I wanted to ask anyone on this forum who has been refused at an oral hearing or appeal hearing to please answer some questions for me.
How long does it take for the HO to send me out a letter asking me to leave?? Secondly is it the standard month notice?? Does capita harrass you constantly till you leave?? How many months can I get away with it?

I just need to start preparing myself but dont want to have the pressure of the amoebas on my case.

Al Haqq

Post by Al Haqq » Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:22 am

A MASSIVE CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL THOSE WHO HAVE RECEIVED THEIR GOOD NEWS.

Also remembering those waiting for their positive results.

Keep the fight on for those who have been refused. The news will soon become positive

Have a lovely day.

Sunny197
Newly Registered

Post by Sunny197 » Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:56 pm

I have followed this forum for some time and would like some help with our case.

My partner entered as visitor -12 yr overstayer
Meet in 2011 and lived together 2.5 yrs
Applied FLR o in Jan 2012 - refused 2013 due to only 14 months cohabiting and partner still has family in home country. Also has aunties and aunties cousins in uk.
Reconsideration request sent and rejected. No removal given denying right to apply on human rights grounds.
I don't meet the financial requirement for him to apply from his country.
No criminal convictions

Things has changed this year, recently married and expecting first child. We have also put FLR fp in. I am a British national by birth. I am stressed and worried which is no good for baby. Any advice.

izhar
Newly Registered

Post by izhar » Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:06 pm

HELLO EVER BODY .. I M TOTALLY NEW HERE . ACTUALLY I WANT TO SHARE MY STORY WITH U .actually i came in uk 2012 on student visa ( no work) . my visa was expired on 15/4/2014 but i made new application to extend my student visa on 4/4/2014 after a week i received letter from ho for bio ,done it after 2 weeks i got letter from ho by sayin that i will be given decision on 9 july 2014 but immigration enforcement team raid my house ... actually I GOT got married with my partner in march 2014 in registry office. they have been complained about my marriage that its not genuine .. in actual it is genuine got marriage certificate . they arrested me on the suspicion that i work after searching my home.they detained me . they refused my application of tier4 i had not any other option i met with solicitor in detention he advised me to put application in on the behalf of my wife who is British. i put my application in flr (fp) article 8 on 25/7/2014 on 10 year route. after 2 weeks i have been released. going to reporting center for signing. i received my acknowledgement letter and bio metric . i missed first the bio metric letter . then after 1 week they sent me bio metric letter again . i done my bio 2days before the date as mentioned on letter. and i lodged my jr for my student visa as jr was the cause of cancellation of my removal direction .which is still out standing... solicitor by ho advised me by sending the letter that i should withdraw my jr as is last remedy... .. what do u all suggest for me .. how much chances for me ? reply will be appreciated thanks

Melisly
Newly Registered

Post by Melisly » Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:51 am

Hi moderators, I am really disappointed that no one has taken notice of my case. I am very desperate for an answer. I still have not received any biometric letter and I am scared. No answer either as to whether or not my fee waiver request was accepted. I am just in limbo here. Pls help?

Melisly wrote:Just updating here although no one has taken notice of my post.
App date: 8sept
ECHR letter: 10 sept
COA: 11 sept dated 9 sept
No biometric letter as of yet. I am really anxious. Can anyone pls give some thoughts into my situation?
Many thanks

Melisly wrote:Hi all, I have been reading this forum for years and thank everyone for sharing. I married EU national In 2008. Relationship broke down after 3,5 years. Got pregnant while briefly seeing someone who was BC. He went to jail for alleged rape. Only saw my daughter once. I have restraining order in place as him and his family became abusive. Am not yet divorced as eu national is not willing to provide any documents or his address after very bad breakup.
My residence card expires in oct 2014. I just sent application as sole parent and destitute as my house burned in October 2013. Lost every thing and in temporary accommodation with council waiting for permanent. I need your thoughts on possible outcome so I am prepared. I was self employed at the time of the fire and lost all my work. I have struggled for a while and just secured part time job in August. Started this month. I included in my application:
Nonmolestation order against my child's father
Child's passport
Proof of not having adequate accommodation
Job info
Bank statements
Letters from GP and nursery school
My degrees certificates
Etc...
Many thx for your thoughts

Ems1927

Post by Ems1927 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:05 am

It's not even been two weeks since you sent your paperwork in? It took longer than this for my husband to get his bio appointment.
Melisly wrote:Hi moderators, I am really disappointed that no one has taken notice of my case. I am very desperate for an answer. I still have not received any biometric letter and I am scared. No answer either as to whether or not my fee waiver request was accepted. I am just in limbo here. Pls help?

Melisly wrote:Just updating here although no one has taken notice of my post.
No biometric letter as of yet. I am really anxious. Can anyone pls give some thoughts into my situation?
Many thanks

Melisly wrote:Hi all, I have been reading this forum for years and thank everyone for sharing. I married EU national In 2008. Relationship broke down after 3,5 years. Got pregnant while briefly seeing someone who was BC. He went to jail for alleged rape. Only saw my daughter once. I have restraining order in place as him and his family became abusive. Am not yet divorced as eu national is not willing to provide any documents or his address after very bad breakup.
My residence card expires in oct 2014. I just sent application as sole parent and destitute as my house burned in October 2013. Lost every thing and in temporary accommodation with council waiting for permanent. I need your thoughts on possible outcome so I am prepared. I was self employed at the time of the fire and lost all my work. I have struggled for a while and just secured part time job in August. Started this month. I included in my application:
Child's passport
Job info
Bank statements
My degrees certificates
Etc...
Many thx for your thoughts

rilakuma
Newly Registered

Post by rilakuma » Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:53 am

First, congrats to all who have been granted! And sorry (including me) for those who have been denied to move on with their lives. I do feel for you guys.
Sadly, after (3 months) withdrawing the JR, HO refused my application with no appeal given. As I have feared, an incompetent person evaluated the case and ignored the details we have raised on my JR. They just put additional words but the letter on my first application that has been refused is almost identical to this one. Main reason being is that my partner can leave her whole life behind, her career, family and friends here and we can live in my country of origin. Very gutted and she is so disappointed. Can't believe the people she is serving will be happy for her to leave.
The choice given now is, me going back to my country, file a new application as a spouse (we meet all the requirements HO requires). I am willing to do it though as much as possible we hate to be apart. We just wanna get over this situation but she is reluctant to let me cause of the issue we have read before. Since we have applied after my visa got expired (although the initial application is within the 28 days grace period instated that you are allowed to file, well, if that 28 days is really applied to HO rules since it was been ignored on our case a thousand times), will I be considered as an overstayer and be risked of getting re entry ban? Any thoughts or idea how that works? I have read somewhere that, after getting a refused decision it will obviously be more than 28 days you have stayed here, hence you'll be classified as an overstayer
The other choice is file again for JR (wait for God knows how long again and hope the judge has a sensible mind). This time, totally ignore HO if they ask for reconsideration and go for it.
Both will cost a lot, and the first option seems taking if they won't put a re entry ban on me. As I have heard, processing for a spousal visa in my country is just about a month or two. But if it's too risky, putting another JR is logical, to be apart for more than a year is an unbearable thought. I feel so sorry that my partner is going through this nightmare.
Summing all the cost we have already and going to spend for us to be together makes a good initial down payment for a house we have wanted. Add the pain and heart breaks and the feeling you are in limbo,. I haven't worked for nearly 2 years now, surviving on her salary alone and its not fair for her. She deserve more than this.
I apologise, for the long post. I feel for those who are currently in the same boat. Hoping your case workers have empathy and sensible minds. Please feel free to share your thoughts on this predicament. Thank you.

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:29 am

Sorry to hear that Rilakuma, please kindly PM me when you get a moment! thanks
“I am not a saint unless you think a saint is a sinner who keeps trying"

nilemarques
Member of Standing

Post by nilemarques » Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:57 pm

[quote="Melisly"]Hi moderators, I am really disappointed that no one has taken notice of my case. I am very desperate for an answer. I still have not received any biometric letter and I am scared. No answer either as to whether or not my fee waiver request was accepted. I am just in limbo here. Pls help?

[quote="Melisly"]Just updating here although no one has taken notice of my post.
Many thanks

[quote="Melisly"]Hi all, I have been reading this forum for years and thank everyone for sharing. I married EU national In 2008. Relationship broke down after 3,5 years. Got pregnant while briefly seeing someone who was BC. He went to jail for alleged rape. Only saw my daughter once. I have restraining order in place as him and his family became abusive. Am not yet divorced as eu national is not willing to provide any documents or his address after very bad breakup.
Child's passport
Job info
Bank statements
My degrees certificates
Etc...
Many thx for your thoughts[/quote][/quote][/quote]

Welcome to the forum Melisly. Sometimes it can be slow on the forum. Obviously people have their own unique circumstances and i guess if people haven't the same sort of circumstances, they would rather keep quiet than share wrong info. On a personal note, my case has been on going for over two years and is still not yet concluded. If i remember correctly, my bio letter came after some 4 weeks so patience is the key here i'm afraid. Some of us here have gained and lost a lot of that if you understand what i mean!! :D :D :D

Another thing you need to be aware of is that an application for a fee waiver is a complex application and the HO need to do all sorts of checks to make sure you fit in the ''Destitute" category. If it was a straight forward flr o or flp fp, i believe these are getting sorted in 2/3 months lately. Another thing that is delaying fee waiver applications is that the HO are appealing a case involving fee waivers that they lost recently so they are awaiting the outcome of that case. You can google the case. It is Carter v SSHD 2014. Have a look at the guidance issued yesterday.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... applicants.

I hope that was of assistance.
Greetings to all my forum family and stay blessed.