ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

izhar
Newly Registered

Re: FLR(FP) and Discretionary Leave to Remain timelines

Post by izhar » Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:21 pm

evie233 wrote:
izhar wrote:i m so disoppointed that anybody didnt reply about my post . any way can any body tell me what r my chances? i put my flr fp 10 year route as partner.. i attached my documents . wedding pics about 30 or 40 ., form . letters from friend, , letter of wife. marriage certificate,proof of address of us. my passport, wifs passport . passport size pics .thats it . what chancesdo u see?
Your case seems fine, did you supply up to two years proof of cohabitation with your wife? Because that could be an issue if it wasn't included. So dont worry...you will get good news very soon dear..
Thanks very much . But didnt supply 2 years proof

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:13 pm

cindrila wrote:
cindrila wrote:Hi good people, please help, does the FLR(FP) has financial requirement? My partner is British, we have a daughter who is 2 years old and in nursery now. We were living in Spain before i applied EEA2 and got refused coz i didnt submit my partner work contract in Spain before he returned to uk, but he is in uk now, and there is no point to submit the contract now, HO suggest that if i still want to remain in uk i need submit another FLR application.So i am going to submit FLR(FP). But my partner is not working yet, and he is claim benefits. Is there any chance for me if i apply FLR(FP) ?
Could any one give me some advice pls? Thank you :(

Hello cindrilla and welcome to the forum, to answer your question, FLR (M) is for married couples who meet the financial requirements and FLR (FP) has no financial requirement attached to it. So I believe with your situation, FLR (FP) is the way forward depending on how long you have been married or being together as partners for hence the 5 & 10 year route.

sulemankhan938
Newly Registered

Post by sulemankhan938 » Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:17 pm

Hi All ,

I applied for flr o in 2012 on the basis of marriage with a british citizen, I had a student visa from 2004 to 2008 then I applied for IGS from Cambridge college of learning, I got my IGS visa from july 2008 to july 2009. in 2009 I applied for IGS extension but the HO refused as the college was shut down and so many other issues with the degree, My solicitor appealed the decision and during my case was in the court I applied for the permission to get married herein the UK in sep 2010, and luckily I was allowed to get married. Then I withdrew the appeal as everyone knew that the college was not running according to the HO rules and regulations and I had some personal reasons to go through IGS process which I cant explain here. Now I will go straight to the point and my time line for getting back on the legal track,

Married May 2010.

Applied FLR O = 25/06/2012

Acknowledgement received= July 2012

Biometric Done = Jan 2013

Refused = March 2013 with no right of appeal

reconsideration refused = june 2013

Judicial review= Withdrawn with consent that the application will be reconsidered but
refused in September 2013 and hence we got a right of appeal.

Appeal submitted= November 2013

Hearing = 5th March 2014 The home office didn't send the bundle against me the
the court adjourned due to the lack of evidence from the defendant side.
The judge ordered to the HO to provide the full details for not sending
the bundle and explain the reason for refusal in first place in
full at the next hearing and clarify the refusal reason on behalf of SSHD.

Next Hearing= 11th JUNE 2014. But again the HO didn't send anything against me the judge
ordered to the HO barrister that we shall proceed the hearing today. with
the consent of both parties we had our case heard on the 11th of june2014.

Decision= Appeal allowed 8th july 2014. The decision hasn't been challenged by the
HO within the allowed time.

visa granted-= Still waiting to hear from the HO. contacted them several times but as you know they don't
know how long does it take for the HO to issue the BRP.

anyone in the same situation let me know, Its so frustrating I want to start working I have family to look after I am a qualified HGV driver I have jobs offers but cant start as long as I haven't been granted my status. I have been reporting at one of the HO reporting centre every four weeks I spoke to the immigration reporting officers they saying its just the matter of time and wait little more, lets see how many months or years I have to wait.

winners

Post by winners » Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:24 pm

I think you need to exercise more patient

One of forum member here Olaolu , I think his appeal was allowed around March 2014 and was recently received his BRP I think also early last Month

May be you should talk to your Mp for any assistance

Hope this helps
sulemankhan938 wrote:Hi All ,

I applied for flr o in 2012 on the basis of marriage with a british citizen, I had a student visa from 2004 to 2008 then I applied for IGS from Cambridge college of learning, I got my IGS visa from july 2008 to july 2009. in 2009 I applied for IGS extension but the HO refused as the college was shut down and so many other issues with the degree, My solicitor appealed the decision and during my case was in the court I applied for the permission to get married herein the UK in sep 2010, and luckily I was allowed to get married. Then I withdrew the appeal as everyone knew that the college was not running according to the HO rules and regulations and I had some personal reasons to go through IGS process which I cant explain here. Now I will go straight to the point and my time line for getting back on the legal track,

Married May 2010.

Applied FLR O = 25/06/2012

Acknowledgement received= July 2012

Biometric Done = Jan 2013

Refused = March 2013 with no right of appeal

reconsideration refused = june 2013

Judicial review= Withdrawn with consent that the application will be reconsidered but
refused in September 2013 and hence we got a right of appeal.

Appeal submitted= November 2013

Hearing = 5th March 2014 The home office didn't send the bundle against me the
the court adjourned due to the lack of evidence from the defendant side.
The judge ordered to the HO to provide the full details for not sending
the bundle and explain the reason for refusal in first place in
full at the next hearing and clarify the refusal reason on behalf of SSHD.

Next Hearing= 11th JUNE 2014. But again the HO didn't send anything against me the judge
ordered to the HO barrister that we shall proceed the hearing today. with
the consent of both parties we had our case heard on the 11th of june2014.

Decision= Appeal allowed 8th july 2014. The decision hasn't been challenged by the
HO within the allowed time.

visa granted-= Still waiting to hear from the HO. contacted them several times but as you know they don't
know how long does it take for the HO to issue the BRP.

anyone in the same situation let me know, Its so frustrating I want to start working I have family to look after I am a qualified HGV driver I have jobs offers but cant start as long as I haven't been granted my status. I have been reporting at one of the HO reporting centre every four weeks I spoke to the immigration reporting officers they saying its just the matter of time and wait little more, lets see how many months or years I have to wait.
No Man on Earth should glorified Himself
All Glory Must be to thy Lord

bsmith13

Post by bsmith13 » Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:21 pm

Hello everyone,

Hope u all are doing great? Congrats to everyone that has been granted. I would like to ask if anyone lodged a JR between March, April and May and if they've heard anything as per judge's decision on paper. Hoping to hear from you soon.

Thanks

Melisly
Newly Registered

Post by Melisly » Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:49 pm

:D Dear nilemarques, Thanks SO MUCH for your response. Immigration matters are always stressful hence the impatience but I am following everyone advice and not being checking the post evry single day :lol:
My only fear is that my current visa expires Oct 31st 2014 and I was wondering if these HO ppl don't try to make people overstayers on purpose, especially that in my case I will be 10 years long residence with no breaks in October 2015 and could apply for ILR then. As far as I am concerned they can keep their decision until October next year so I can apply for ILR. As I just started working part-time I am also hoping that nothing will disrupt my employment.

nilemarques wrote:
Melisly wrote:Hi moderators, I am really disappointed that no one has taken notice of my case. I am very desperate for an answer. I still have not received any biometric letter and I am scared. No answer either as to whether or not my fee waiver request was accepted. I am just in limbo here. Pls help?
Melisly wrote:Hi all, I have been reading this forum for years and thank everyone for sharing. I married EU national In 2008. Relationship broke down after 3,5 years. Got pregnant while briefly seeing someone who was BC. He went to jail for alleged rape. Only saw my daughter once. I have restraining order in place as him and his family became abusive. Am not yet divorced as eu national is not willing to provide any documents or his address after very bad breakup.
My residence card expires in oct 2014. I just sent application as sole parent and destitute as my house burned in October 2013. Lost every thing and in temporary accommodation with council waiting for permanent. I need your thoughts on possible outcome so I am prepared. I was self employed at the time of the fire and lost all my work. I have struggled for a while and just secured part time job in August. Started this month. I included in my application:
Nonmolestation order against my child's father
Child's passport
Proof of not having adequate accommodation
Job info
Bank statements
Letters from GP and nursery school
My degrees certificates
Etc...
Many thx for your thoughts

Melisly
Newly Registered

Post by Melisly » Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:56 pm

Dear Dapsonlee, Many thanks for your response. Just to clarify the non molestation order was against my child's father whom I only met while separated from my husband for a few months and got pregnant. Very long story...
dapsonlee wrote:Welcome to the forum Melisly. Sorry about the no reply. I believe, your case is indeed a unique on and the only thing that seem to jump out is the "non molestation order and sole carer" of the child.

I believe there is a separate application for those who have been involved in domestic violence to which I am sure your lawyer would have pointed this out to you also you can read on it here

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... lement.pdf

and as a sole carer for the child, as an observation on the forum, sole carers in the past got granted. It's all crazy in the UKVI office these days so we just have to remain hopeful. Give it a couple of days more and if you have not received your biometrics you perhaps need to perhaps get your solicitor to chase it up. Welcome once again. I believe others who are more clued on that I am can extend there humble support in sharing their thoughts too

Melisly wrote:Just updating here although no one has taken notice of my post.
App date: 8sept
ECHR letter: 10 sept
COA: 11 sept dated 9 sept
No biometric letter as of yet. I am really anxious. Can anyone pls give some thoughts into my situation?
Many thanks

Melisly wrote:Hi all, I have been reading this forum for years and thank everyone for sharing. I married EU national In 2008. Relationship broke down after 3,5 years. Got pregnant while briefly seeing someone who was BC. He went to jail for alleged rape. Only saw my daughter once. I have restraining order in place as him and his family became abusive. Am not yet divorced as eu national is not willing to provide any documents or his address after very bad breakup.
My residence card expires in oct 2014. I just sent application as sole parent and destitute as my house burned in October 2013. Lost every thing and in temporary accommodation with council waiting for permanent. I need your thoughts on possible outcome so I am prepared. I was self employed at the time of the fire and lost all my work. I have struggled for a while and just secured part time job in August. Started this month. I included in my application:
Nonmolestation order against my child's father
Child's passport
Proof of not having adequate accommodation
Job info
Bank statements
Letters from GP and nursery school
My degrees certificates
Etc...
Many thx for your thoughts

sulemankhan938
Newly Registered

Post by sulemankhan938 » Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:30 pm

Hi winners,

Thanks for your reply. I have been in contact with my MP on two occasions but i haven't heard from her yet. Last time I wrote to her was in the begining of August but no reply wrote to her again mid September still waiting for a reply. Now just waiting for a reply from either the HO or my MP.

rina
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by rina » Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:36 pm

Hi Everyone,

I need some help please.. Has anyone applied on FLR(FP) on basis on private life? If so please tell me your waiting times.

newgirl123
Newly Registered

Post by newgirl123 » Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:06 am

Hi everyone
this is my first time posting on this forum.
I have an appeal in January we applied based on children
having spent 7 years but it was refused.
They have spent 10 years here now.
my two sons that applied with me, one is now over 18
and my other daughter was over 18 when we applied but
we still haven't heard anything about her. We did Jr after they
refuse.
can members give me any advise on what the appeal will be like.
Anything that I need to prepare for?

Thanks for reading and good luck to everyone.
We all will succeed!!

ThisYear

Post by ThisYear » Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:47 am

Hi Rina,

UKVI seem to be responding quite quickly these days....within 12 weeks depending on complexity of each individual case.

rina wrote:Hi Everyone,

I need some help please.. Has anyone applied on FLR(FP) on basis on private life? If so please tell me your waiting times.
FLR(O) private life/parent of BC
App sub - Feb2012
Contact HO - Feb2013
Further info requested - Apr2013
Decision - Refused Nov2013
JR - Dec2013
JR withdrawn - Mar 2014
JR Sealed - Jun 2014
Granted - Aug 2014

ThisYear

Post by ThisYear » Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:03 am

Morning good people....

Congrats to everyone who has received a positive reply and I pray for more strength for those still waiting.

I woke up quite early today with a burden to pray for everyone still waiting, certain people came to my mind and I pray you will all receive a positive reply very soon. God is still in the business of turning lives around.

I finally got my BRP through.....my advice is if you are still waiting a few weeks after getting your approval, call / write your case worker. Apparently there is a process which should be triggered once your Biometrics has been done, in my case that did not happen. I called UKVI last week after waiting 3 weeks for my card, got put through to my case worker and card arrived within 3 days! Just in time as I started a job on Monday.

Please just hold-on. I have learned that sometimes when things seem to be falling apart, it may be that the foundation is still taking root.

Much love to you all.
FLR(O) private life/parent of BC
App sub - Feb2012
Contact HO - Feb2013
Further info requested - Apr2013
Decision - Refused Nov2013
JR - Dec2013
JR withdrawn - Mar 2014
JR Sealed - Jun 2014
Granted - Aug 2014

Ems1927

Post by Ems1927 » Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:17 am

Hi all

Our appeal took place on the 9th Sept and we have yet to get a response, I'm hoping that is a good sign because we have no choice at the moment. I remember there were a few people on here with appeals in October so I just wanted to wish you all the best of luck.

rina
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by rina » Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:58 am

ThisYear wrote:Morning good people....

Congrats to everyone who has received a positive reply and I pray for more strength for those still waiting.

I woke up quite early today with a burden to pray for everyone still waiting, certain people came to my mind and I pray you will all receive a positive reply very soon. God is still in the business of turning lives around.

I finally got my BRP through.....my advice is if you are still waiting a few weeks after getting your approval, call / write your case worker. Apparently there is a process which should be triggered once your Biometrics has been done, in my case that did not happen. I called UKVI last week after waiting 3 weeks for my card, got put through to my case worker and card arrived within 3 days! Just in time as I started a job on Monday.

Please just hold-on. I have learned that sometimes when things seem to be falling apart, it may be that the foundation is still taking root.

Much love to you all.

Hi Thisyear,

Just as I was listening to song which goes "God be exhalted" and it continues to say "we leave for your glory" and I read your posting.. What wonderful news to hear and we give me him praise.
Your words were pretty encouraging and thanks.

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:15 pm

ThisYear wrote:Morning good people....

Much love to you all.

Congratulations ThisYear. Patience = 2 for the price of 1. absolutely priceless. God bless you for the prayers. Its a beautiful beginning and God who perfected yours will ours too..Amen.

@Nilemarques and @Ems1927 we anxiously await your good news which i believe has been dispatched already. and to those of us in waiting, i believe the lord will restore gracefully all the locust has eaten. The wait will be worth it..Amen.

virsolo
Newly Registered

Post by virsolo » Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:19 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm brand new to this forum and just have a quick question. I applied for Discretionary Leave to Remain in November 2013, was refused in January 2014 so we appealed and my court date was on August 15th. Finally heard last week with a positive answer and my appeal was granted :D .

I was just wondering how long it has taken successful appelants to get their biometric visa in? It's already been more than 5 days from the decision and we've not heard whether the Home Office have appealed or not but I was just wondering if there's an average of time that people have waited to get their actual visa to them? I have been offered several job opportunities in the near future but can't really accept them if I have no clue if I will have my visa by then.

Hope you can help and thanks in advance!

VS

lucky007

Post by lucky007 » Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:15 pm

virsolo wrote:Hi everyone,

I'm brand new to this forum and just have a quick question. I applied for Discretionary Leave to Remain in November 2013, was refused in January 2014 so we appealed and my court date was on August 15th. Finally heard last week with a positive answer and my appeal was granted :D .

I was just wondering how long it has taken successful appelants to get their biometric visa in? It's already been more than 5 days from the decision and we've not heard whether the Home Office have appealed or not but I was just wondering if there's an average of time that people have waited to get their actual visa to them? I have been offered several job opportunities in the near future but can't really accept them if I have no clue if I will have my visa by then.

VS

Hey there virsolo

Congratulation you and ur family. can u please share ur history. Did u apply private life under the seven yrs child?

thanks and regards,

virsolo
Newly Registered

Post by virsolo » Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:25 pm

Hi!

I applied under Private life, I have no children but moved to the UK as a student in 2004 to do my A levels. I then got student visas to do my degree and my postgrad course and graduated in 2013. I didn't manage to find a job under Tier 2 so my solictor suggested applying for Discretionary Leave under ECHR Article 8 which we did. The application was sent in november and refused in january with right to appeal which we did. We got a court date for August some time in February and heard the positive news last week almost exactly a month after my court date. Now we just need to wait until the end of next week to see if the Home Office decided to go against the decision or not and wait for my BRP to arrive. I was planning on potentially travelling at the end of the month but that probably won't happen at this rate.

nilemarques
Member of Standing

Post by nilemarques » Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:35 pm

[quote="dapsonlee"][quote="ThisYear"]Morning good people....

Much love to you all.[/quote]

Congratulations ThisYear. Patience = 2 for the price of 1. absolutely priceless. God bless you for the prayers. Its a beautiful beginning and God who perfected yours will ours too..Amen.

@Nilemarques and @Ems1927 we anxiously await your good news which i believe has been dispatched already. and to those of us in waiting, i believe the lord will restore gracefully all the locust has eaten. The wait will be worth it..Amen.[/quote]

@Dapsonlee. Thank you very much!! I've decided not to get up their nose this time around and wait patiently like a good little boy who should be seen and not heard!! Lol!!
@Thisyear. Congrats for that and good to hear from you and for keeping us in your prayers! Stay blessed!!
Last edited by nilemarques on Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nilemarques
Member of Standing

Post by nilemarques » Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:42 pm

[quote="virsolo"]Hi everyone,

VS[/quote]

Welcome to the forum Virsolo and congratulations. Read @Thisyears post on page 522 which highlights their experience of waiting for a BRP. Stay blessed.

Rockefeller
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Rockefeller » Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:57 pm

Hi Virsolo

Congrats! The answer to your question is that there is no timescale for HO once appeal has been allowed. One of our members MRLAOLU waited for over five months before being granted. Who know yours may be a lot quicker. If you search elsewhere on this forum you find timelines for people in this category and I hope that would help.

On another note, if your stay in the UK have been legal since you entered in 2004 then you should be entitled for ILR on Long residency. I would suggest you research this as well.

All the best.
virsolo wrote:Hi!

I applied under Private life, I have no children but moved to the UK as a student in 2004 to do my A levels. I then got student visas to do my degree and my postgrad course and graduated in 2013. I didn't manage to find a job under Tier 2 so my solictor suggested applying for Discretionary Leave under ECHR Article 8 which we did. The application was sent in november and refused in january with right to appeal which we did. We got a court date for August some time in February and heard the positive news last week almost exactly a month after my court date. Now we just need to wait until the end of next week to see if the Home Office decided to go against the decision or not and wait for my BRP to arrive. I was planning on potentially travelling at the end of the month but that probably won't happen at this rate.

satsug
Newly Registered

Post by satsug » Fri Oct 03, 2014 1:10 am

Hi @Ems1927,

All the best for your decision:))

I've done my hearing on sep23rd, and waiting for my decision!! Im surprised you still waiting for your decision!!
Actually nowadays howlong judge takes to send a decision??
After hearing tribunal do any kind of verification or queries to ukba related to our case?????
Please clear my doubts if u know!!!!
Thanks

Ems1927 wrote:Hi all

Our appeal took place on the 9th Sept and we have yet to get a response, I'm hoping that is a good sign because we have no choice at the moment. I remember there were a few people on here with appeals in October so I just wanted to wish you all the best of luck.

Ems1927

Post by Ems1927 » Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:19 am

satsug wrote:Hi @Ems1927,

All the best for your decision:))

I've done my hearing on sep23rd, and waiting for my decision!! Im surprised you still waiting for your decision!!
Actually nowadays howlong judge takes to send a decision??
After hearing tribunal do any kind of verification or queries to ukba related to our case?????
Please clear my doubts if u know!!!!
Thanks

Ems1927 wrote:Hi all

Thanks and best of luck to you too. I thought it was around 2-3 weeks for a decision but someone on this forum said it took closer to a month I believe? To answer your question I have had zero notifications or contact from the home office since the court date.

laseye
Newly Registered

Post by laseye » Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:18 am

StraightAero wrote:hello people,
After 3 months i submitted my application and also requested for more documents which i sent what i could get(less than 2 years of cohabit) as i do not have up to 2 years now THE HOME OFFICE ARE ASKING ME FOR A DNA TEST FOR MYSELF AND MY BRITISH CHILD.

what does this mean? i am really scared now honestly

does anyone know any ukba approved lab that does it cheaper than 500 pounds as thats alot for someone not working and i have to submit it in less than 2 weeks.

is this sure that they will approve even after i gave them birth certificate ?

i need advice pls on this asap am agitated.
This is a good sign that once the DNA is done, then you are on the edge for a "very hopeful" positive decision. Last year a member of this forum was once asked to prove his mother was his and he had to carry out the test and I believe afterwards he was granted. Not sure on how much it is cost as it seem that the cheapest way is on Jeremy Kyle these days. Bloody home office with ridiculous request.

As expensive as it might seem you can Google to shop around for cheaper options as there are quite a few. Time is of the essence for you I believe and the quickest is perhaps 3-4 days turn around. The one recommended by the last person on here to do it was DDC (DNA Diagnostic Centre). so check them out.[/quote]

Hi, All.. First time poster.. I too just received this letter 2 days ago. I replied yesterday with a letter of my own stating I could not supply DNA or GB passports originals of child and mother, as we are in ongoing court battles for family issues. I explained that the mother has refused to give me these and the judge is unwilling to help, as they already granter Parental Responsibility by determining DNA wasn't needed, as Mother and I both attested that I am parent.

I wish I could get her to be reasonable and just send the passports and I would pay for the DNA test, because I too agree with the above poster that it seemed like a good sign. But, but I have had to complicate things by writing back to the HO and telling them I cannot comply because the mother is unwilling.

Has anyone seem any similar cases where the estranged ex-partner/mother of child refuses to supply documents? My letter quoted, "Without a good reason, failing to provide this is ground for failure... blah blah... But, if these can't be decided, then my application would be considered on the documents already provided. Blah". This worried me, because it seems that if he could approve my application without these passports and DNA, then why ask. Will my reason explaining refusal of mother and reluctance of family court be enough or is there the chance that it will then be refused for non-compliance, even though I am more than happy to comply? Hmm...[/quote]

Excellent news, my friends! I just got the letter and my passport back with 30mo ltr confirmed! I was so worried that I wouldn't be able to provide the requested DNA paternity test and I could not send original copies of my child or her mothers Birtish passports due to breakdown of amicable relations with my ex-partner (child's mother). They wrote me that on 23Sep, I wrote back the same day and explained that I couldn't give it to them, but offered to help any way I could - interviews, court orders, etc. I sent that next day by 9am delivery on 23Sep. The guy case office in Sheffield must have got it the next day, and approved it. Because it was delivered to us on Saturday!

Feeling very happy about this!! Best wishes to all of those still waiting![/quote]

congrats guys, i just got my dna result so case worker should get it by monday, am hoping that will be all and my leave will be granted now.

how long is it likely to take?

will the dna result proving am the father make then grant my paper certainly?

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:41 am

laseye wrote:
StraightAero wrote:hello people,
After 3 months i submitted my application and also requested for more documents which i sent what i could get(less than 2 years of cohabit) as i do not have up to 2 years now THE HOME OFFICE ARE ASKING ME FOR A DNA TEST FOR MYSELF AND MY BRITISH CHILD.

what does this mean? i am really scared now honestly

does anyone know any ukba approved lab that does it cheaper than 500 pounds as thats alot for someone not working and i have to submit it in less than 2 weeks.

is this sure that they will approve even after i gave them birth certificate ?

i need advice pls on this asap am agitated.
This is a good sign that once the DNA is done, then you are on the edge for a "very hopeful" positive decision. Last year a member of this forum was once asked to prove his mother was his and he had to carry out the test and I believe afterwards he was granted. Not sure on how much it is cost as it seem that the cheapest way is on Jeremy Kyle these days. Bloody home office with ridiculous request.

As expensive as it might seem you can Google to shop around for cheaper options as there are quite a few. Time is of the essence for you I believe and the quickest is perhaps 3-4 days turn around. The one recommended by the last person on here to do it was DDC (DNA Diagnostic Centre). so check them out.
Hi, All.. First time poster.. I too just received this letter 2 days ago. I replied yesterday with a letter of my own stating I could not supply DNA or GB passports originals of child and mother, as we are in ongoing court battles for family issues. I explained that the mother has refused to give me these and the judge is unwilling to help, as they already granter Parental Responsibility by determining DNA wasn't needed, as Mother and I both attested that I am parent.

I wish I could get her to be reasonable and just send the passports and I would pay for the DNA test, because I too agree with the above poster that it seemed like a good sign. But, but I have had to complicate things by writing back to the HO and telling them I cannot comply because the mother is unwilling.

Has anyone seem any similar cases where the estranged ex-partner/mother of child refuses to supply documents? My letter quoted, "Without a good reason, failing to provide this is ground for failure... blah blah... But, if these can't be decided, then my application would be considered on the documents already provided. Blah". This worried me, because it seems that if he could approve my application without these passports and DNA, then why ask. Will my reason explaining refusal of mother and reluctance of family court be enough or is there the chance that it will then be refused for non-compliance, even though I am more than happy to comply? Hmm...[/quote]

Excellent news, my friends! I just got the letter and my passport back with 30mo ltr confirmed! I was so worried that I wouldn't be able to provide the requested DNA paternity test and I could not send original copies of my child or her mothers Birtish passports due to breakdown of amicable relations with my ex-partner (child's mother). They wrote me that on 23Sep, I wrote back the same day and explained that I couldn't give it to them, but offered to help any way I could - interviews, court orders, etc. I sent that next day by 9am delivery on 23Sep. The guy case office in Sheffield must have got it the next day, and approved it. Because it was delivered to us on Saturday!

Feeling very happy about this!! Best wishes to all of those still waiting![/quote]

congrats guys, i just got my dna result so case worker should get it by monday, am hoping that will be all and my leave will be granted now.

how long is it likely to take?

will the dna result proving am the father make then grant my paper certainly?[/quote]

Congratulations straightaero that was awesomely quick. Goodluck to you and the family.

@laseye I believe this is the final piece to the puzzle in your app. Once they get it, you should be granted same day. We should be celebrating you before the week runs out next week. We await your good news sir!