ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

AliGG

Post by AliGG » Mon May 16, 2011 1:50 pm

By the way, I miss my wife and son very much.... I hope they their visa soon..... Waiting is getting difficult day by day....
XX

ss27

Post by ss27 » Mon May 16, 2011 1:54 pm

AliGG wrote:By the way, I miss my wife and son very much.... I hope they their visa soon..... Waiting is getting difficult day by day....

agree with u bro cant understand how we are managing this without love ones

ss27

Post by ss27 » Mon May 16, 2011 2:21 pm

AliGG wrote:hi, my wife submitted her application same day as your wife. I've sent BHC an e-mail last monday asking them about the progress of our application but they stll haven't replied.
Is BHC contacted u regarding your wife's application? They contacted me 31st of March. Anyway, we should hear some good news soon.

Good luck!
anjum786mohammed wrote:
ss27 wrote:Hi

I miss my wife very much

Application Submitted

18th March2011
Lahore

Document enclosed with application

English /Urdud Nikkah Nama
Wedding PIcs
6 months payslips
6 months Bank statements (showing balanes £4000-2500)
2 years P60
Wife BA MSC (Attested ) Degress
Letter From NARIc Confirming Her Master is equilant to UK Bachelor degree

3 Mobiile bills + call History GT Mobile + calling card
BT bills as Proof of address
Letter from Dad (
Letter from Council regarding property will not be over crowded
Copy of My passport and copy of my birth certificate

can any body tell me when we send email to BHC or call them will this effect on our applictaion

Remember in ur prayers
you can send them an email whenever you want but they do advise that you wait atleast 12 weeks before contacting them. u can send them an email 2day, the eco will reply back to you between 2-20 days
and for your 2nd question no it will not make any difference on ur application. UNLESS YOU VIOLATE THE CONTACT SERVICE BY SENDING THEM TO MANY EMAILS.LOL

hi Ali
they didnt contact me neither my emplyer was contacted by BHC i am asking to my emplyer every day
what did the ask when they contact u and where u submitted ur docs

so i willbe well prepare

Good Luck to u

XnailaX
- thin ice -

Post by XnailaX » Mon May 16, 2011 3:08 pm

aww itS soo sweet to see u all missing ur loved ones..(including ME)...Mashallah..May ALLAH REWARD U AL FOR UR PATIENCE..AMEEN...x

ss27

Post by ss27 » Mon May 16, 2011 3:09 pm

XnailaX wrote:aww itS soo sweet to see u all missing ur loved ones..(including ME)...Mashallah..May ALLAH REWARD U AL FOR UR PATIENCE..AMEEN...x
Ameen

nazema

Post by nazema » Mon May 16, 2011 3:58 pm

Hi

I have read on the board that the Nikah Nama has to be Nadra registered. Does anyone know how long this takes?

My husband has now done his English A1 test and we are awaiting the results. He is having his T.B. test on Thursday and hopefully we should be able to lodge our application next week. My documents (Sponsors) are all dated around 18th March (when I went to Pakistan) and I have heard documents are valid for 3 months, is this correct?

Or should I prepare my documents again?

Thanks

ss27

Post by ss27 » Mon May 16, 2011 4:57 pm

nazema wrote:Hi

I have read on the board that the Nikah Nama has to be Nadra registered. Does anyone know how long this takes?

My husband has now done his English A1 test and we are awaiting the results. He is having his T.B. test on Thursday and hopefully we should be able to lodge our application next week. My documents (Sponsors) are all dated around 18th March (when I went to Pakistan) and I have heard documents are valid for 3 months, is this correct?

Or should I prepare my documents again?

Thanks

hi

Keep ur eye on bank statements should not be month old at the time of submission, other paperwork will be valid for three months

Good Luck

nazema

Post by nazema » Mon May 16, 2011 5:10 pm

Thanks SS27

my husband is submitting paperwork next week and my last bank statements is dated March 2011. Should I send an uptodate 1? but then that will delay lodging of our application.

All other documents are dated March 2011. Any advice please?

AliGG

Post by AliGG » Mon May 16, 2011 7:54 pm

ss27 wrote:
AliGG wrote:hi, my wife submitted her application same day as your wife. I've sent BHC an e-mail last monday asking them about the progress of our application but they stll haven't replied.
Is BHC contacted u regarding your wife's application? They contacted me 31st of March. Anyway, we should hear some good news soon.

Good luck!
anjum786mohammed wrote:
ss27 wrote:Hi

I miss my wife very much

Application Submitted

18th March2011
Lahore

Document enclosed with application

English /Urdud Nikkah Nama
Wedding PIcs
6 months payslips
6 months Bank statements (showing balanes £4000-2500)
2 years P60
Wife BA MSC (Attested ) Degress
Letter From NARIc Confirming Her Master is equilant to UK Bachelor degree

3 Mobiile bills + call History GT Mobile + calling card
BT bills as Proof of address
Letter from Dad (
Letter from Council regarding property will not be over crowded
Copy of My passport and copy of my birth certificate

can any body tell me when we send email to BHC or call them will this effect on our applictaion

Remember in ur prayers
you can send them an email whenever you want but they do advise that you wait atleast 12 weeks before contacting them. u can send them an email 2day, the eco will reply back to you between 2-20 days
and for your 2nd question no it will not make any difference on ur application. UNLESS YOU VIOLATE THE CONTACT SERVICE BY SENDING THEM TO MANY EMAILS.LOL

hi Ali
they didnt contact me neither my emplyer was contacted by BHC i am asking to my emplyer every day

so i willbe well prepare

Good Luck to u
Hi ss27,

Basically they asked me if i was aware of her application etc: what is your wife name, date of birth, address, when did u meet, when did u marry her, how often do u meet, your address in the uk, where do u work etc.

hope that helps
XX

AliGG

Post by AliGG » Mon May 16, 2011 7:56 pm

XnailaX wrote:aww itS soo sweet to see u all missing ur loved ones..(including ME)...Mashallah..May ALLAH REWARD U AL FOR UR PATIENCE..AMEEN...x
cheers and same to you :D
XX

anjum786mohammed

Post by anjum786mohammed » Mon May 16, 2011 9:16 pm

nazema wrote:Thanks SS27

my husband is submitting paperwork next week and my last bank statements is dated March 2011. Should I send an uptodate 1? but then that will delay lodging of our application.

it should be fine if it is end of march but try 2 get last months if it is possible. u should take ur time bcuz if anything is incomplete than they will reject u.

mgsBoy86

Post by mgsBoy86 » Mon May 16, 2011 9:30 pm

I have read somewhere that the last bank statement should not be more than 28 days old from the date of application at the VAC. I have heard of cases where visas were rejected because the last bank statements enclosed were more than 28 days old. It is best to get this information confirmed, though.

It is best to delay an application to obtain the most recent bank statements etc. I would highly suggest going VIP at the VAC.

CRT7

Post by CRT7 » Tue May 17, 2011 12:08 am

Salaam all

Alhumdulillah my appeal was allowed by judge today I'm so happy
Will five details 2m as I'm shattered due to celebrating all day

Shadow86
Member of Standing

Post by Shadow86 » Tue May 17, 2011 12:41 am

CRT7 wrote:Salaam all

Congratulations!!! :D

Looking forward to the details. What happened in the court, how do the proceedings take place, what does the judge go through when handling the case?
Spreadsheet containing useful data for Appellants and Applicants:
https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key ... y=CPqzu-0I

P.S. Above spreadsheet no longer being monitored and edited by myself.

afzal786

Post by afzal786 » Tue May 17, 2011 1:22 am

CRT7 - many Mubaraka brother...may Allah bless you happy life ahead.

Just a quick question, what documents are required at the airport for someone travelling on Spouse/settlement Visa for the first time.

I mean passport and ticket are obvious :-) and also TB certificate, is there anything else?

I have read somewhere a letter is also required explaining UK address, spouse's name, contact number etc has anyone else head this?

zaf

oral hearing

Post by zaf » Tue May 17, 2011 6:00 am

Congratulations CRT So there is light at the end of the tunnel its just a very very long tunnel.I will be interested to see how long the embassy take to send your partners calling letter . I wonder did the home office solicitor even bother to turn up.

mgsBoy86

Post by mgsBoy86 » Tue May 17, 2011 6:25 am

Alhamdulillah. I am so happy for you. Soon you can start a new chapter in your life.

Praise be to Allah.

CRT7

Post by CRT7 » Tue May 17, 2011 9:35 am

ok so here are the details:

March 2010 application submitted

June 2010 refused - the one & only reason for refusal was that UKBA did not believe I was in employment because they had not received a response from my employer when they requested confirmation (even though all the necessary paperwork was enclosed in the application)

June 2010 - appeal submitted to UK Visa Section - no acknowledgement or response received to any requests for an update

October 2010 - still no response from UK Visa Section so sent the appeal to AIT

October 2010 - AIT were made aware that appeal was originally sent to UK Visa Section but as there has been no response AIT lodged appeal again (which meant my waiting time started all over again). AIT then gave UKBA until Feb 2011 to respond.

Feb 2011 - no response, court date given for 16/5/11

16/5/11 - court........I was in & out in 5 minutes (my sis timed me). The judge (female) made general convo with my solicitor which made me feel @ ease so I felt ok. The HO rep was there & the judge looked @ the rep & said 'hhhmmmm so just because the sponsors employer did not respond to request for information your department seemed fit to refuse the application & make the sponsor wait another year?!' The rep didnt say anything, then the judge said 'I believe you do not have any questions to ask?' rep said no. Then judge sait to me that she is allowing my appeal & advised me of next steps................

Yes there defo is light @ the end of the tunnel but as you say, the tunnel is very long, my case got delayed much more than others as I sent appeal to UK Visa Section first (wish I had sent it to AIT directly) Anyway, its all done now & I'm sure there is some betterment in waiting extra.

Im starting a new waiting game now - waiting for call letter & stamping of passport etc..........it's actually good fun (I say now, lol)

to everyone out there waiting, trust me I have been through the mill a bit with my case & honestly I know how it feels, just be strong.......Inshallah ur visas will be granted too........

ss27

Post by ss27 » Tue May 17, 2011 9:58 am

Hi Nazema

i think its better to have latest statement i know its very hard to wait but its worthwhile u can send ur stsement via email with banks logo on i dont think so it will b any problem or send in a post 1st class recorded it wll takes 5 to 6 days depends on the area as well where u live

ss27

Post by ss27 » Tue May 17, 2011 10:07 am

AliGG wrote:
ss27 wrote:

Good luck!
anjum786mohammed wrote: you can send them an email whenever you want but they do advise that you wait atleast 12 weeks before contacting them. u can send them an email 2day, the eco will reply back to you between 2-20 days

hi Ali

so i willbe well prepare

Good Luck to u
Hi ss27,

Basically they asked me if i was aware of her application etc: what is your wife name, date of birth, address, when did u meet, when did u marry her, how often do u meet, your address in the uk, where do u work etc.

hope that helps

Thanks Ali

i cant wait man

anjum786mohammed

Post by anjum786mohammed » Tue May 17, 2011 11:15 am

ss27 wrote:

Hi Nazema

i think its better to have latest statement i know its very hard to wait but its worthwhile u can send ur stsement via email with banks logo on i dont think so it will b any problem or send in a post 1st class recorded it wll takes 5 to 6 days depends on the area as well where u live
i dont think it will be a good idea sending through email as it is very easy to fake statements, and the eco will probably do more checks on you whch in turn could make your wait even longer, i dont think they will bother with the checks and might reject it straight,
also if you DO send them through email than the bank statements will be a copy so you will need to get them certified. and also i would not advise any one to send documents via royal mail, use dhl or fedex they are a bit expensive but they will reach the destination within 3 days.

nazema

Post by nazema » Tue May 17, 2011 11:42 am

Thanks for your replies.

I have completed the application form myself as I did not want an agent to make a mistake. I have tried to explain all circumstances in a covering letter too but it depends on whether they would read it!

I have been in contact with my husband prior to our wedding and use a pay-as-you-go phone. I have obtained confirmation from Orange Plc confirming my number and have printed my call records. I know they no longer accept calling cards, so would this be sufficent to show contact? i.e. we have been in a relationship prior to our wedding?

fz158

Post by fz158 » Tue May 17, 2011 11:43 am

Please post my details on spreadsheet:

Applied: 07 October 2010
Rejected: 22 January 2011
Appealed to AIT: 02 Feb 2011
Appealed directly to British High Com in Islamabad (as well): 23 Feb 2011
Notice of appeal from AIT: 21 Feb 2011
ECM/Home Office have to respond by: 04 July 2011

Also like to add my wife has come twice to the UK on Visitor Visas based on same documents that have suddenly now become invalid when applying for settlement visa! ALso only the one reason for rejection.

Allah please show mercy on us all and grant us all our Visas.

Zaki

nazema

Post by nazema » Tue May 17, 2011 12:19 pm

Is it correct that the Nikah Nama has to be Nadra registered? Has anyone had this done? Do they give you a document proving you have done this and do you submit this?

muj1

Post by muj1 » Tue May 17, 2011 12:39 pm

I will wait for a confirmation but as long as the Nikah Nama has been translated to English and attested by the Union Council it will be fine. The Nadra one is a new Family Certficate I think that is what it's called. I only gave a translated copy and orginal Union Council Urdu one. The translation place attest it once it has been translated to prove it's an exact copy of the original.

Muj