ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

SSWSZ
Member of Standing

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by SSWSZ » Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:09 pm

3rd October

Psalm wrote:
SSWSZ wrote:Good news for October applicants today my friend got ILR applied first week of October
@SSWSZ on what date did he apply?
ss

V_Q_22
Newly Registered

Post by V_Q_22 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:12 pm

nadeemiqbal wrote:Hi

Has anyone know the time taken by the case worker once the case has been assigned?

I have been told today that my case has been looked at at the moment. Any guesses are welcome about processing by caseworker !!!!

Thanks

Nadeem

I think you should get it in 2-3 weeks time...

March_LR14

Post by March_LR14 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:17 pm

Hi,

Life in the UK test has no expiry date. Your test certificate will be valid for ILR.

I am going to apply next month and i passed my test in March 2013.

I hope the above helps.

LetsGetPR wrote:Hi All,

I am planning to apply for PR in December 2014.

I got Life in UK test certificate in March 2013.

will this certificate be ok to apply for ILR OR Do i have to take life in the UK exam again ?

Thanks

March_LR14

Post by March_LR14 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:22 pm

@SSWSZ i read this in FAQ's for a DBS check.

"Fixed penalty notices (FPN) and penalty notices for disorder (PND) are on-the-spot fines issued by the police for very minor offences. If you pay a FPN or PND within the specified time limit, all liability for the offence is discharged and the offence does not form part of your criminal record. The Police National Computer does not, therefore, contain details of FPNs or PNDs and you are not obliged to disclose them when applying for a CRB check."

If i go by the above than there is no need to mention my FPN in my ILR application. What do you think?

esmsi

Post by esmsi » Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:51 pm

I also called the home office recently and they told me application in progress.
Telephone: 0870 606 7766 select option 2.

Is there any other way to contact them?
msvayani wrote:Hi

I just had a word with HO regarding the progress of my application (applied on 23rd Sep). They said that a letter is being sent out today to me. He didn't tell me if the case is in progress or complete neither he had any information about content of that letter. Has anyone got any idea?? what could it be??

Regards
MSV

Spatacus
Member of Standing

Post by Spatacus » Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:30 pm

LetsGetPR wrote:Hi All,

I am planning to apply for PR in December 2014.

I got Life in UK test certificate in March 2013.

will this certificate be ok to apply for ILR OR Do i have to take life in the UK exam again ?

Thanks
Hello LetsGetPR,
Your Life In The UK pass certificate is ok, you do not need to write it again as this certification doesn't have expiry date on it, at least for the moment.
so yes your certificate is still valid for your December application unless otherwise HO says so.
Hope this helps
Appl sent: 29-08-2014
Acknow received: 07-09-2014
Bio received: 23-09-2014
Bio recorded: 23-09-2014
Approval date: 31-12-2014
Approval received : 05-01-2015

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... view?pli=1#

SSWSZ
Member of Standing

Post by SSWSZ » Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:34 pm

you are right .you don't need to mention anything then .

March_LR14 wrote:@SSWSZ i read this in FAQ's for a DBS check.

"Fixed penalty notices (FPN) and penalty notices for disorder (PND) are on-the-spot fines issued by the police for very minor offences. If you pay a FPN or PND within the specified time limit, all liability for the offence is discharged and the offence does not form part of your criminal record. The Police National Computer does not, therefore, contain details of FPNs or PNDs and you are not obliged to disclose them when applying for a CRB check."

If i go by the above than there is no need to mention my FPN in my ILR application. What do you think?
ss

wik
Newly Registered

Post by wik » Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:51 pm

SSWSZ wrote:I suggest you read this forum and you will get all the ans regarding this matter because it's I think the most popular topic on this forum " long residence dependants "

wik wrote:Hi Friends.

i hope u guys can help me.

i came into uk on 24th April 2004. then had 8 years on student 2 years on PSW. My PSW visa expiring on 20th july 2014. Now i wanted to apply for ILR on 26th march 2014.

my wife came to uk in 2006 and has been my dependent since. her dependent visa along with 1 child born in uk also expiring on 20th july 2014.

my question is

1. Should i apply 10 years long category basis alone and wait for decision until wife and child visa expire on 20th july 2014 ?? or
2. Should i send their documents with FLR M form now or wait till 20th july 2014??
3. if decision not come until 20th july 2014 then what should i do??
4. any income required to show for wife and child??

any suggestions friends.

Thanks SSWSZ,
1. if my visa came before wife visa expires, do i have to apply for indefinite leave as she is my dependent since 2006 or apply as partner flr (m) ??
2. if my visa don't come then i'll apply flr(m) case, in july... can her application be switched to indefinite?? if my visa came after that??
3. if she has MSc UK degree, then she needs English test or LIfe in UK test is enough??
4. I will not send child visa and wait for indefinite and then apply for british passport,,,will there be any issue as child visa expired and you apply for british passport on my indefinite visa basis??

any other help related to that will be appreciated.

SSWSZ
Member of Standing

Post by SSWSZ » Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:56 pm

wik wrote:Hi Friends.

i hope u guys can help me.

i came into uk on 24th April 2004. then had 8 years on student 2 years on PSW. My PSW visa expiring on 20th july 2014. Now i wanted to apply for ILR on 26th march 2014.

my wife came to uk in 2006 and has been my dependent since. her dependent visa along with 1 child born in uk also expiring on 20th july 2014.

my question is

1. Should i apply 10 years long category basis alone and wait for decision until wife and child visa expire on 20th july 2014 ?? or
2. Should i send their documents with FLR M form now or wait till 20th july 2014??
3. if decision not come until 20th july 2014 then what should i do??
4. any income required to show for wife and child??

any suggestions friends.
[/quote]

Thanks SSWSZ,
1. if my visa came before wife visa expires, do i have to apply for indefinite leave as she is my dependent since 2006 or apply as partner flr (m) ??
2. if my visa don't come then i'll apply flr(m) case, in july... can her application be switched to indefinite?? if my visa came after that??
for both q no 1& 2,as I tried for direct set(M) in Croydon office on 3 feb 2014 but didn't get indefinite untill I switch to first flr(M).means I pay both fees but got indefinite at the end they did take flr(m) form and set(M) both same day.some one update this forum that Croydon office is stop doing this .I am telling u this story because if u are considering peo Croydon or postal application in both cases you have to first apply for flr(M) and then set(M) when you got approval for flr(M) and brp then straigt away apply for set(M).so what I think is its better apply for your ilr wait for acknowledgement then send your wife flr(M) with your refrence number and request ho to wait till they decide your application.

3. if she has MSc UK degree, then she needs English test or LIfe in UK test is enough??
if you take naric certificate that your wife degree is equal to uk bachelor degree then no need for English test otherwise you have to take test
4. I will not send child visa and wait for indefinite and then apply for british passport,,,will there be any issue as child visa expired and you apply for british passport on my indefinite visa basis??
for child I read many cases here and people never include their kis in application .if you child is uk born then don't apply for your kid.my youngest child is 1 year and 3 months he doesn't have any kind of visa we straight away apply for bc and waiting for certificate

any other help related to that will be appreciated.[/quote]
ss

sikdermujaherali
Newly Registered

Post by sikdermujaherali » Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:00 am

*********** NEED URGENT HELP ************

Hello to all my senior members. Someone just told me about this forum & I badly need your help. I'm in a DO or DIE situation. So all my knowledgeable senior members I need your help ASAP. I've been to so many so called lawyers & I thinks they are bunch of greedy people , all they want is your money. I will try my best to explain my current situation briefly:

Currently I'm on student visa & I will be able to apply for SET LR (10 YEARS ) on 12th September 2014. But my visa will expire in 20th April 2014. Last year I've done my MBA from a UK university & I got the certificate. At this moment I really don't know what to do regarding extending my visa? Moreover let me tell you one more thing that is I'm blessed with 2 sons & my elder son was born in UK he's still here doing very good at school & he is just over 7 years old. My other son is just 1 year old, who also born in UK. Under these circumstances some people advising me to apply for Settlement through my elder son who's over 7 years old? I know HO will hold this application for long time & I can withdraw my application from HO in September & re-apply under SET LR (10 YEARS ). IS IT TOO RISKY?

*** Now my question is whether this will be a good idea to go thorough this way or should I just go for a student visa extension which will cost me around £10000/ for admission in university ? *** OR you guys can suggest anything else which I'm not aware off, you never know any vital information can help me out from this unbearable situations?

My senior member I badly need your help. If I do any mistake that will be the end of my career & family life in UK. I don't know you guys personally & can't offer you anything in exchange apart for my PRAYERS.

Many thanks in advance…

Sikder

wowboy

Post by wowboy » Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:21 am

Hi All,
Firstly, thanks to all forum members for the great advices, stories and contributions. The forum is great help to every1.

Finally, thanks God, the long wait is over, I've been granted ILR.

My timeline is:
Application sent on 23/09/2013
Bio invitation on 14/10/2013 and enrolled same day.
Received Approval letter,Passport and documents back on 11/02/14 (letter dated on 07/02/2014)
Biometric card expected anytime today.

Meanwhile waiting we also submitted FLR (M) for my wife as follows:

Sent application on 11/12/2013,
Bio invitation on 19/12/2013, enrolled on 20/12/2013
Bio and decision is expected anytime soon.

I'd like to wish to all who planning to apply and waiting GOOD LUCK.
Last edited by wowboy on Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

wowboy

Post by wowboy » Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:34 am

sikdermujaherali wrote:
Under these circumstances some people advising me to apply for Settlement through my elder son who's over 7 years old? I know HO will hold this application for long time & I can withdraw my application from HO in September & re-apply under SET LR (10 YEARS ). IS IT TOO RISKY?

*** Now my question is whether this will be a good idea to go thorough this way or should I just go for a student visa extension which will cost me around £10000/ for admission in university ? *** OR you guys can suggest anything else which I'm not aware off, you never know any vital information can help me out from this unbearable situations?

Sikder
Dear sikdermujaherali ,

It's shame you fall short few months on completion 10yrs.

Are you sure above mentioned application that based on your son's 7 years in UK will take long time? Do you have real timeline?

If there's stats which suggest/gives real estimation timeline ( like ILR applications) it would be better to go with this options in my opinion, however could be risky.

If you can find cheaper student visa option also good.

Anyways, I can imagine how stressed u must be, there's always solution and ways to hold on few months.

I wish u to be strong, good luck and be positive.

InfoR
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by InfoR » Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:46 am

Welcome to the forum. Although I am not an expert I 'think' you can apply for Discretionary Leave.

Check this link. Right at the bottom of the page there is something called Discretionary Leave. http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/asylu ... etoremain/

My relative who was on a student visa at the time ( a year ago), applied for Discretionary Leave. Although he had completed his 10 years legal stay, he was not able to get Life In The UK certificate for some reason and his current visa at the time was expiring. His application was based on the fact that he had lived in the country for around 10 years. Apart from that he had siblings who were also settled in UK.

After around 4 months, he varied his application and applied for ILR which was successful.

Because this route is a bit more complex, he opted to involve a solicitor. (I highly recommend that too)

As you have been living in the country for over 9 years and also have a young family, it might work out for you.

Once again, I am not an expert and hopefully other members/gurus will shed more light on it.

sikdermujaherali wrote:*********** NEED URGENT HELP ************

Hello to all my senior members. Someone just told me about this forum & I badly need your help. I'm in a DO or DIE situation. So all my knowledgeable senior members I need your help ASAP. I've been to so many so called lawyers & I thinks they are bunch of greedy people , all they want is your money. I will try my best to explain my current situation briefly:

Currently I'm on student visa & I will be able to apply for SET LR (10 YEARS ) on 12th September 2014. But my visa will expire in 20th April 2014. Last year I've done my MBA from a UK university & I got the certificate. At this moment I really don't know what to do regarding extending my visa? Moreover let me tell you one more thing that is I'm blessed with 2 sons & my elder son was born in UK he's still here doing very good at school & he is just over 7 years old. My other son is just 1 year old, who also born in UK. Under these circumstances some people advising me to apply for Settlement through my elder son who's over 7 years old? I know HO will hold this application for long time & I can withdraw my application from HO in September & re-apply under SET LR (10 YEARS ). IS IT TOO RISKY?

My senior member I badly need your help. If I do any mistake that will be the end of my career & family life in UK. I don't know you guys personally & can't offer you anything in exchange apart for my PRAYERS.

Many thanks in advance…

Sikder

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:58 am

u r short 5 months to complete 10 years.
if u think u can extend student visa (keep in mind of 5 years cap) than go for it.
Other best option is as your son completed 7 years continuously u can apply for private life FLR FP application. but u also need to prove that WHY ITS NOT REASONABLE FOR YOUR CHILD TO GO BACK AND START A NEW LIFE.
Simply as he born here and going to school and uk is his centre of life blah blah blah. can help u to get the visa
Suppose if u complete 10 years during decision time than VARY your application to set (ilr).
if somehow your visa get refused and during appeal time u complete 10 years than in the hearing u submit a letter to court that u complete 10 years so they will advise HO to issue u ILR,
or
withdraw your case from tribunal than u will have 28 days to apply for a new visa . but involve a good solicitor.
Don't apply ILR early they will refuse your application straightaway.
Don't think they hold your early ILR application and give u visa after your qualifying period start.
Pass your LIUK test and english language requirement before applying any visa.
u need them for ILR later on and without passport u can't take LIUK

Regards
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

Hardikjshah83
inactive
India

Post by Hardikjshah83 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:54 am

Hardikjshah83 wrote:Quick question relating to Motoring offence. ***HELP PLEASE***

I came in uk in 2004, and had IN10 (Using a vehicle uninsured against third party risks) OR LC20 (Driving otherwise than in accordance with a licence) handed to me in 2005, with 3 points and £60 fine, which i have cleared off my licence. about 4 years ago.

also i had my Basic CRB done back in 2011 by my employer and i have been given a copy, in which it clearly suggests there are NO convictions or Cautions on my name.

Please suggest - do i still need to disclose this on my ILR application - i have already sent it in January - pending Bio, but i realised I have not mentioend about this at all.

Many Thanks.
Also yesterday i have asked the DVLA to see if they can show me my records because i did not know for sure, their advise is once the point is remvoed from licence its not visible anywhere and meaning no goverment bodies can search for it either.

not sure what to do..should i just write a letter explaining that minor motoring conviction was 9 year old and has been off the DVLA records and off my licence too.

ADVISE PLEASE

sadiq.wmin
Mood:
India

Post by sadiq.wmin » Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:33 am

REPLY to sikdermujaherali :

One of my mate was in similar situation, he was also short of 9 months suddenly his college was removed from HTS and he got letter for 60 days to re-apply.

Instead of applying for student he applied for Discrenary Leave on basis of Private life ( Kids). I know it takes more time but you will be in strong position to get it. either you can get DLfor 2.5 years or IRL.

Even if you get Discrenery leave you can still apply once you complete 10yrs. at that time you only need to apply for you and your wife. bcoz once you get ILR you can straight away apply for Nationalization for Kids as they born in UK.

I would recommend you and your wife to start writing for Life in UK test. also if you have degree in UK you dont need english exam but if your wife does not have one then start preparing of English exam.

This is just a personal advise NOT a professional one.

Hope things get easy for you and your family.

Farhani Taylar in london helped my friend, they take full fees for HO and their fees you can pay every month installments

Best Regards

Sadiq

Shahkakaram

Post by Shahkakaram » Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:12 pm

REPLY to sikdermujaherali :-

Sorry to hear that you have got only few months short in your 10 years and your visa expiring before :

I am not an expert but i have seen guys have suggested you very reasonable way to get out of it and i can understand your situation its would be very difficult for you to decide which way would suits you ...

I can share one case of my close friend with you .....he had left 15 months to complete his 10 years and he took admission in ACCA and some how luckily his bio metric letter arrived before 5 months of his completing 10 years after bio metric his student visa is refused because of five years cap on student visa and then he gone through all the appeal finally he got refuse from all court and during this time his 10 years completed and he varied his application through some solicitor ...currently he is expecting his ILR out come with in few weeks ( hopefully )..

During my friend tribunal appeal every lawyer were saying him that if you were married here then there would be some chance to win appeal case but unfortunately he was single .....so in your case your Married life with children will help you a lot ....

But i think this must be in your knowledge ( Unfortunately ) HO is dealing the student visa application very quickly ...u can say with in a month they are giving you the outcome of the student application ( the reason behind this is that HO don't want student spend any single day extra in this country which lead them to longer stay ) ...

So if you have already completed your five years of student life be careful of that CAP ,untill and unless you have got option left for P.hd which will cost you a lot or no any other college /uni will give you an admission in any program lower then Master level .....However your personal married settled life is plus point to win appeal case if you got tribunal case after rejection of Student life ...

I hope you understand the hassel and problems you will face on student visa extension .....

Think carefully and be confident to your decision before making any decision keep this in your mind your 10 years are more important so use your remaining time wisely .....

Best of Luck

Our best prayer with you ....Inshallah you will successfully get ILR but have to take step carefully where there is low or no risk ...

mhkhan66
Newly Registered

Post by mhkhan66 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:23 pm

Hi,

I got my ILR Approal letter today. I have been a silent reader and would like to share my timeline here.

Application posted: 30-09-13
Acknowledgement letter received: 02-10-13
Biometrics enrolled: 23-10-13
Approval letter received: 12-02-14
BRP received: waiting

Best of luck guys

Psalm
Newly Registered

Post by Psalm » Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:33 pm

mhkhan66 wrote:Hi,

I got my ILR Approal letter today. I have been a silent reader and would like to share my timeline here.

Application posted: 30-09-13
Acknowledgement letter received: 02-10-13
Biometrics enrolled: 23-10-13
Approval letter received: 12-02-14
BRP received: waiting

Best of luck guys
Congrats @mhkhan66..

khizarm
Pakistan

Post by khizarm » Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:01 pm

By the grace of Al Mighty Allah (s.w.t) today I got my ILR Aproval. JazakAllah for your all support and guidence.
My timeline is
Applied on 17 sep 2013
Bio recieved on 11 oct 2013 done on same day
Approval date 11 feb 2014
Paper recieved on 12 feb 2014
Waiting for brp

khizarm
Pakistan

Post by khizarm » Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:02 pm

Can some one please update on skydrive.

aakkoo
Pakistan

Post by aakkoo » Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:09 pm

khizarm wrote:By the grace of Al Mighty Allah (s.w.t) today I got my ILR Aproval. JazakAllah for your all support and guidence.
My timeline is
Applied on 17 sep 2013
Waiting for brp

Many Many Congrates Khizarm. I am waiting for your message.
"Pray before you are Prayed upon"

Jah_bless
Newly Registered

Post by Jah_bless » Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:15 pm

khizarm wrote:By the grace of Al Mighty Allah (s.w.t) today I got my ILR Aproval. JazakAllah for your all support and guidence.
My timeline is
Applied on 17 sep 2013
Waiting for brp
Congratulations khizarm, still waiting.
Applied on 25th September 2013.
8yrs student
2yrs psw

Still waiting

Add me on sky drive

syed07
Newly Registered

Post by syed07 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:49 pm

By the Grace of Almighty Allah (S.W.T) and many thanks to the members of this forum
I have got my approval letter and documents today
applied 30th sep 2013
date on letter 09th feb 2014
date recived 12th feb 2014 :)
bpr waiting .......will get soon In Sha Allah :)
could someone update the skydrive please
best wishes for those still wating

Muhammad1

Post by Muhammad1 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:00 pm

Muhammad1.
straight farward application.
5 yrs student,2 yrs psw,3yrs Tier 1G.

APPLIED = 20th sept 2013.
Acknowledgement received = 25th sept.
Biometrics received = 20 oct.
Biomatrics done = 28 oct.