ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Re: FLR(FP) and Discretionary Leave to Remain timelines

Post by Believe2013 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:59 pm

@ma logo. Congratulations, all the best

@newgirl -not more than 7 days and not less than 3 days before the start of the trial.
“I am not a saint unless you think a saint is a sinner who keeps trying"

newgirl123
Newly Registered

Post by newgirl123 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:26 pm

Thanks Winner and Believe

Bobby2000
Newly Registered

Post by Bobby2000 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:51 pm

Believe2013 wrote:@ma logo. Congratulations, all the best

@newgirl -not more than 7 days and not less than 3 days before the start of the trial.

It's a hearing not a trail. A bundle can be sent at anytyme the courts wouldn't penalise you . You can also send it anytime before the hearing and an updated one week before @newgirl.

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:34 pm

“I am not a saint unless you think a saint is a sinner who keeps trying"

lucky007

Post by lucky007 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:37 pm

lucky007 wrote:
Rubablu wrote:
Rubablu wrote:Hello everyone

Congratulations to all those who got their stay and praying for them who are still fighting. I applied last month FLR(FP) on 7 year rules and I would like to share my time line -
Applied for FLR(FP) - 25/07/2014
Acknowledgement dated - 30/07/2014
Biometric letter dated - 08/08/2014(received 20/08/2014)
Biometric done - 20/08/2014
Additional dox requested - not yet
Decision made - not yet
Dox received - not yet
BRP received - not yet

My short story is- we came uk on student visa in 2007. Extended student visa up to 30/7/2014. I have a child who came with me in 2007. Applied for FLR(FP) on 7 year rules. Really worried about live to remain.thanks.
Applied for FLR(FP) on 7 year rules and refused on 30/09/2014 -
Applied for FLR(FP) - 25/07/2014
Acknowledgement dated - 30/07/2014
Biometric letter dated - 08/08/2014(received 20/08/2014)
Biometric done - 20/08/2014
Decision made - Refused on 30/09/2014 (received on 2/10/2014)

Appel have been submitted 09/10/2014 and waiting for court date. I do not know how long it will take.

Hey Rubablu,

Thanks for sharing your story. i just want to inform u that my case is similar with u. We came uk on student visa in 2006 and applied under seven yrs child policy and refused. our hiring in FTT on October 24 next Friday and worried about that what will be happen that day.

Where do u apply for hieing and what was ur solicitor said abt ur case.

looking forward here from u soon.

hey Rubablu,

sorry for the late reply i was busy to prepared the documents for hearing, I applied May 2014 and had been refused in July 2014.

YUP your right its totally depend on your luck and judge mood.

i will update u after my hearing.

thanks and regards

smir
Member of Standing
India

Post by smir » Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:49 pm

Hi Winners

if you can guide me in case of bundle to be sent before hearing

I received letter about my hearing date which is in February.

But in letter it states that

IF YOU HAVE NOT ALREADY DONE SO, YOU MUST SEND TO THE TRIBUNAL AND TO THE OTHER PARTY A BUNDLE OF ALL DOCUMENTS YOU RELY ON IN SUPPORT OF THE APPEAL, TO ARRIVE NO LATER THAN 3 WEELS FROM THE DATE OF THIS LETTER.

Now brother I am confused..bundle should be sent 3 weeks before hearing or 3 weeks from the date the notice of hearing is received ?

please guide me

as I received letter in August with hearing date in February.

Please guide

winners wrote:
newgirl123 wrote:Hi

I wanted to know when the best time is to sent the bundle because in the letter it says 3 weeks before the hearing.
Is it ok to send 3 weeks before or should we do it before that?
You could send the Bundle at any time but atleast 3 weeks before hearing as directed by the Tribunal

winners

Post by winners » Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:56 am

@ Smir

Are you representing yourself?
No Man on Earth should glorified Himself
All Glory Must be to thy Lord

smir
Member of Standing
India

Post by smir » Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:47 am

thanks for reply

It's through solicitor

But he didn't told me that bundle sent or not

He is worst soli what I find and will change once I finish 10 yeRs

My letter state send bundle within 3 weeks of date of letter

Letter came in August and hearing in feb
winners wrote:@ Smir

winners

Post by winners » Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:17 pm

smir wrote:thanks for reply

It's through solicitor

I think is better you ask your solicitor representing you that's the reason you hired him to explain things to you

And maybe he thought you still have a time to sent your bundles as you could still sent them Atleast 3 weeks before hearing to HOPO

Bobby2000
Newly Registered

Post by Bobby2000 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:06 pm

winners wrote:
smir wrote:thanks for reply

It's through solicitor

I think is better you ask your solicitor representing you that's the reason you hired him to explain things to you

And maybe he thought you still have a time to sent your bundles as you could still sent them Atleast 3 weeks before hearing to HOPO

Winners if am correct , I have my hearing next month , I spoke to my solicitor about when to send the bundle, on the letter from the tribunal they state its 3 weeks from the time the letter was received but I was told it doesn't have to be within 3 weeks mine was sent 2 months after the letter and other parties involved a copy was sent which is the barrister. A week before the hearing another updated version will be sent.

pink124
Newly Registered

Post by pink124 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:19 pm

I believe this topic is been used for something different from the original purpose. Please, try to adjust.

rosazeet
Newly Registered

Post by rosazeet » Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:52 pm

rosazeet wrote:i m new to this forum. i m applying FLR(fp) next month, with 2 children. one born in uk and one in pakistan. my husband is applying ILR on 10 years basis. in my last extension i applied FLR for both children as i need to go pakistan. so both children visa are expiring same time. my question is that should i apply uk born child this time with our application or should we leave him this time and wait for husband ILR and then apply MN1. if we do not apply his visa this time with us, is there any problem for him as his visa expiring with us as well. thanks
please can anybody answer my above query. still waiting for reply.
thankyou

Ems1927

Post by Ems1927 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:23 am

It's been seven weeks since our appeal, has anyone had any experience of a decision taking this long? Is there anything we can do about this?

emmz13
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by emmz13 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:37 pm

Good luck to everyone also waiting.
Here is our timeline so far:

FLR (FP) 10 year partner route submitted 17/10/14
Received 20/10/14
Acknowledgement and biometric letter received together 24/10/14 dated 22/10/14

We did receive a "very nice" letter saying due to the complexity of our application it may take a considerable amount of time for a decision to be reached which I guess is UKVI speak for we are in no hurry so expect to wait ages for us to refuse you. But I'm hopeful it'll be third time lucky :)
Hope you all have a good weekend

priscaltony

Post by priscaltony » Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:57 am

Ems1927 wrote:It's been seven weeks since our appeal, has anyone had any experience of a decision taking this long? Is there anything we can do about this?
Might be a good sign, I got my response back within two weeks, but I guess it was because they were trying to avoid my husband clocking the 10years.
Because, before the appeal our solicitor told us it takes about 6 weeks, before you get a decision, it was a surprise when our case was decided within two weeks.
I think there is a member on here as well who has been waiting for a decision since over three months; the different is that hers is UT and not FT.
I think the longer it takes the better chance you have if you have a strong case, but I don’t know which is a strong case nowadays. As HO just decide application at random and judges always at the back of HO. I don’t think there is much you can do order than to wait, if you have a solicitor, why don’t you check with them?
All the best!
On this note can anyone tell me how long it takes before you get your case listed for a hearing at the UT?
It has been over four weeks now since I was allowed to appeal to the UT by FT, but I haven’t received a date yet from UT.
This wait is killing me, been on it since July 2012.

newgirl123
Newly Registered

Post by newgirl123 » Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:03 am

Hi
I just noticed that on the appeal letter it has only my name not my kids or spouse name even though we filled their forms too, is this normal?
also they still haven't taken the money from the account, it is really weird they gave us a hearing date but still haven't taken the money. Should I be worried?

Any help will be appreciated

Thanks

winners

Post by winners » Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:03 am

newgirl123 wrote:Hi
I just noticed that on the appeal letter it has only my name not my kids or spouse name even though we filled their forms too, is this normal?
also they still haven't taken the money from the account, it is really weird they gave us a hearing date but still haven't taken the money. Should I be worried?

Any help will be appreciated

Thanks
You and your kids should have separate Appeal forms and reference number

For example if your Appeal ref no: IA 2358664
Your dependant would be :IA 2358664/1

:I A2358664/2

Hope this helps

favour

Post by favour » Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:53 pm

Hello All, as i have previously shared in this forum, my appeal is now in few days. Myself partner and first two children. My question is should we take the third child, 1 year old baby with us to court or not? we had him after the application, he was not included.
Thank you

newgirl123
Newly Registered

Post by newgirl123 » Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:12 pm

Thanks Winner

Favour I don't know the answer to ur question BUT I wish you GOOD LUCK for ur appeal.

favour

Post by favour » Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:49 pm

Thank you for your response newgirl.

newgirl123
Newly Registered

Post by newgirl123 » Mon Oct 27, 2014 6:07 pm

I am asking this question on behalf of someone, they wanted to know if it is ok to leave the payment information empty on the appeal form and can pay the fees later for the appeal or they have to include card details otherwise their appeal will not be counted.
Please could someone let me know so that I can tell them.

Thanks

nilemarques
Member of Standing

Post by nilemarques » Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:05 am

Greetings forum family,
Hope i find you all well and in good health and awaiting that early Christmas present. Shout out to you all. You know who you are. Just a quick update on my app.

Since i withdrew my JR, I hadn't heard from them( you know who they are) until a few days ago requesting further documents. I have sent those documents and hopefully they will come up with a decision so that i can get on with my life as their agreed date for reconsideration is getting near. But knowing the amoebas, anything is possible. Maybe i'm being too optimistic. Trying to squeeze blood from a stone!! Lol!!

Stay Blessed

bsmith13

Post by bsmith13 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:18 am

@nilemarques you shall rejoice soon

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:00 am

nilemarques wrote:Greetings forum family,
Hope i find you all well and in good health and awaiting that early Christmas present. Shout out to you all. You know who you are. Just a quick update on my app.

Since i withdrew my JR, I hadn't heard from them( you know who they are) until a few days ago requesting further documents. I have sent those documents and hopefully they will come up with a decision so that i can get on with my life as their agreed date for reconsideration is getting near. But knowing the amoebas, anything is possible. Maybe i'm being too optimistic. Trying to squeeze blood from a stone!! Lol!!

Stay Blessed

Nilemarques, the day of reckoning is here... A queen sized turkey is needed with some azonto music to kick off the party scene. You have won the war by Gods grace and can't wait to rejoice with you my friend.

nilemarques
Member of Standing

Post by nilemarques » Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:48 am

[quote="dapsonlee"][quote="nilemarques"]Greetings forum family,

Stay Blessed[/quote]

Nilemarques, the day of reckoning is here... A queen sized turkey is needed with some azonto music to kick off the party scene. You have won the war by Gods grace and can't wait to rejoice with you my friend.[/quote]

@bsmith13. Thank you my friend. I truly hope so.

@Dapsonlee.. Lol!! Yes, that would be the ultimate plan with a bit of skelewu to top it all up!! Hahaha. I dunno, whilst i have 100% faith in God's work, you just can't trust the amoebas. I'm still traumatized by their refusal the last time they requested further evidence and i don't trust or like them at all. I havd to take everything from them with a pinch of salt.